Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Dermalogica Hydrating mask review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
My one week review:

I had very dehydrated skin which I thought was damaged beyond repair. My poor skin would react to almost all products, some Dermalogica seems to be the exception. After seeing my anesthician last month, she mentioned that she thought this was one of the few products she could use on me.

I purchased a tube which I've gotten to use 3 times this week, which I plan on continuing. I recommend this mask after a good cleansing. The mask will tend to sink into your skin very fast! You'll think it's not there anymore. I recommend keeping a mister with pure water in to moisten it back up. I use it for the full 10 mintues.

I'm pleased with the results. What I had thought were deep lines due to sun damage have turned out to be just really, really dehydrated skin. The skin has plumped up nicely lessening the lined look, including the eye area which I thought was forever crepe-y.

The good news is zero bad react and no break outs. My facial redness has also radically decreased but that may be due to a whole routine change I had undertaken the beginning of last month. I haven't seen any milia yet but they often take a while. I'll continue with this mask until the tube runs out and report back. I'm really wishing I'd taken before and after pictures Surprised

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque (75 ml / 2.5 oz)
Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque (75 ml / 2.5 oz)

A refreshing, oil-free gel masque of calming botanicals and antioxidant vitamins that restores critical moisture to stressed skin.

BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
wow, i gotta try this product

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't call it a miracle mask. However for people like me who have a hard time finding anything that works that our skin will accept, it's a damn good find Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gwynnie!
I am so happy that you found a product you like! I can't wait when I will receive my Dermalogica eye cream. If it will work for me, I will get all other products. Especially this mask that you described! I understand how difficult to find the product that your skin will tolerate! Let me know if there is any other Dermalogica product that you like.
Good luck Very Happy
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is not sensitive but I buy this mask every winter becuase the weather here kills your skin. I put it on my eyes overnight and I love it! I agree...it feels like there is nothing there but you notice the difference after you rinse it off. I have slept in the whole mask before and no bad reactions. I am prone to milia too and nothing I used in the dermalogica line ever caused it.
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I tried and I can't leave it on overnight strangely. I gave a few breakouts. But 3 times a week is still doing well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
But it's really sinking very fast into my skin leaving just a film on it. So, what should I do, it then went dry...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
very interesting product.

If I were to write out my whole wish list, it would take me a lot of time. I have a very long list. Rolling Eyes Laughing
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
This mask is fabulous for dehydrated skin and the eyes. It is amazing how it all "sinks" in. My beauty therapist suggested leaving it on overnight, tried that and felt like I still needed my regular night cream (super rich repair). It is a great mask though.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Received a sample of this with my EDS order (thank you EDS!) and it reminds me of Clinique Moisture Extra-Surge, but a gentler version.

Gel-based and absorbs well, might try the remoisting tip since it didn't feel like it hydrated very well.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I also received a sample of this mask and really liked it, not sure why I haven't ordered it though. I have been looking at the Dr. H moisturizing mask and PSF's can anyone comment on these two in comparison to dermalogica?
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
wow, I am interested in trying this. Thanks for your reviews.
littleprakhem
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this mask when i bought the MultiVitamin Power Recovery Masque. I tried it on last night. Its texture is a light gel. No strong smell. My skin was soothed and cooled after i put it on.

Thinking to order the full size. My wish list is way toooooo long now. Sad Sad

5% products discount

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
this is one of my favourite mask and it gives your skin so smooth and moisture.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I like this mask too, MultiVitamin Power Recovery Masque are also good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have a sample of this I've been meaning to try, and I think I will! I use the gentle cream exfoliant once a week to keep my skin a little less likely to break out and I've been using the active moist, but have now bumped it up to the stronger skin smoothing cream for the winter and it seems to help keep my dry cheeks happier.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like this mask, I didn't find it to be very hydrating. It just sits on top of your skin.
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not impressed with this mask either. Skin doesn't feel hydrated at all after using it. It sink in very fast, but then why do I need a hydrating mask that sink in?? My beautician told me that I have to apply a thick layer. I think that sounds ridiculous.

There are plenty of good hydrating mask, like Guerlain's Super Aqua-Mask, Decleor's Hydra Floral Mask or Phytomer's Moisture Quench Mask. I'll never buy Dermalogica's Hydrating Mask.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this and didn't like it either. It was not hydrating or moisturizing.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |