Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: PSF Firming Facial Toner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! WOW! WOW! Very Happy

Can you tell I LOVE this stuff? I rarely rave about a product but this has made a HUGE difference on my skin. (It has DMAE and other great stuff)

I'm using the IS Clinical line and have been happy with it but my skin has been on the dry side even though I use the IS Clinical Moisturizing serum and even ordered the Decleor hydra balm. Nothing has made such a big difference in my skin as the PSF toner. It was almost instant (I know seems weird) and my skin looks WAY more dewy, pores smaller, and best of all NOT DRY. I spray a little on after cleansing and let it soak in before putting on my IS Clinical stuff. Adding the toner is the only change I've made so I know it's the porduct that is making the difference. Right now I feel like ordering a boxful just in case PSF ever stops making it! I've been using it for about a week now.

Yeah!!!! With the combo of IS Clinical and PSF (I am also trying the PSF new eye serum but it's too early to comment on any results) I'm content with my skin for the first time in a very long time which is great as my 36th birthday is in a few days!
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Sounds great! I have a sample of this I haven't tried yet, but will definitely be using it tomorrow! BTW, Happy Birthday! Very Happy
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
jala you read my mind, i've got a sample which i'll DEFINITELY be trying now!

Kiwigirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Jala/Kiwigirl - will you please update once you've tried this? I'm dying to know if you both see similar results. This is so tempting but so is about 100 other products I want to try! It's madness I tell ya! Laughing
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lily,
WOW it souns too good to be true! I am looking for something like what you described!!!
Please tell us in the future what do you think about PSF new eye serum.
Smile Smile
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I just thought I would give an update on this product now that I've been using it myself for several weeks. I have to agree with Lily that it is a great toner. I have very dry skin this time of year, as most do, and have found that it has really helped to keep my skin moisturized and "plump". I've been using it twice daily and just spray on after cleansing and pat it into my skin. I feel that it has also helped to retain the firmness throughout the day, although it's not a miracle firmer or anything. I feel that it just keeps skin at an optimal moisturized level and therefore doesn't allow it to tire and sag throughout the day. It is so soothing and really pampers my skin. I also think it will last several months, but when it does run out it's definitely something I will be repurchasing! Thanks Darren! Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered this toner last night. Looking forward to trying it. Very Happy
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
i've got a sample size of this and while i've only used it once so far it was great.

i was a bridesmaid for a friend last weekend so have been sticking religiously to my usual skincare regime just in case i had a break out, but now i'm free from that responsibility i tried both the psf papaya cleansing gel and the firming toner the other night, followed by the emergen-c repair serum and - wow!

i was in town the next day and bumped into someone i hadn't seen for a while and the first thing he said was, wow, you look really good! how fantastic! and i'd already been wolf-whistled at on the way into town (which, despite my feminist leaning, i have to admit that i quite appreciated) so all in all a great experience of psf products! i think you've hit the jackpot there darren

will DEFINITELY be trying this combo again!

Kiwigirl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I used up my sample and didn't really notice any big difference, but nothing negative either. In the meantime, I had placed an order with PSF for a full spray bottle of the toner along with the 20% Emergen-C Serum and some various samples. I've been using both the toner and C serum for about 2 weeks now and didn't really notice any big difference....UNTIL....I was trying on a pair of jeans in a dept store fitting room a couple of days ago when I noticed--under the glare of the unforgiving, unflattering lighting--that my skin looked really good Very Happy Pores were definitely smaller, almost invisible and my skin looked more evenly toned. I've never really used a toner until this one came along and had previously used Skinceuticals C&E Ferulic. I much prefer the PSF C Serum to the SC, but I can't really say if the PSF toner or C Serum has made the difference in my skin or both. Oh, I forgot--I also started using the PSF Green Tea Cleanser(I think that's the name of it Confused )last week, so that, too, may have something to do with the improvement in my skin. I think everyone's skin reacts somewhat differently to products, but I don't think it would hurt to maybe try some samples if your curious about the PSF. Oh..FYI: I'm 43, combo/normal skin, HAD noticeable pores in T-zone, some mild sun damage that's slowly fading and my skin is not sensitive at all. Also, I "justify" my spending $$ on good quality skincare because, up until I turned 40 I had used the same one product to remove makeup, clean face, and moisturize Embarassed It was some drugstore moisturizer and it was all I used...really! That year when I hit 40, I noticed my skin looked really tired and dull and decided it was about time to start taking better care of it. So I've been through a myriad of products in the last three years and will probably stick to the PSF...for now, atleast Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I tried a sample initially and promptly ordered a full size. It is FABULOUS for me at toning my skin, giving me a nice finish and balanced. I really missed it when I ran out and the results are instanteous (wanted to put the "F" word in there for extra oomph but controlled myself)!

PSF is a great company and the products really work. I love them!!!!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only that found this toner made my skin oilier? Or am I spraying on too much Confused
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, it doesn't make me oilier and I do have a problem with that but it is slowly getting under control. What I've found works for me is to spritz the PSF O2 right after and POOF my skin is balanced almost instantly.

I swear I did this with no intended test and suddenly realized what happened. Since it is soooo expensive, I have also ordered the Zenbiotic Oxygen spray as my everyday one and it's so cheap, it's almost free compared to the PSF! However, the O2 will be my big gun for anything really irritated or for quick healing as according to a comparison someone did, it seems to heal a bit faster than the Zenbiotic.

My control is being steadily tested to not spray the O2 at every chance I get. Smile
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
What was that URL for the other oxygen toner? I like the PSF O2, but the Firming Toner with DMAE and Neroli irritated my skin (what else is new Rolling Eyes...I think from the Neroli). I'd be interested in the other O2 toner.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
You can get the zenbiotic O2 atwww.zenbiotic.com. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I am going to have to go out on a limb and say that my final decision on this product is yuk.

I had a little sample once and thought it was quite nice and so I bought the full size in June to give to my mum. But when i went back home in December she had not even opened it so I brought it back home with me to use.

The scent, which I thought was quite nice at first, has definately worn thin and now i am coming to dislike it, but more importantly I dont seem to like how it feels on my skin. Somehow it does not seem to sink in and my skin is left feeling like it has a film on it that I can almost rub off. (sticky is not the right work, but a kind of dry-sticky feel) .

I think I will be taking this in for my coworker to try. I guess at least it did not cost much, so have not lost a lot....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I received my second bottle last week but somehow it does not feel as pleasant as the last bottle. I got my first bottle last March from PSF and it felt very nice and hydrating on my skin and had a very pleasant and subtle scent. But I can't detect the scent from the new bottle and sometimes my skin feels itchy after applying. Confused
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:32 am      Reply with quote
CK, why don't you PM Darren and tell him about this? Maybe you should exchange the bottle you just got for a new one?
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you're right, MermaidGirl. I should contact Darren and tell him about my experience. But I compare the ingredient lists of the two toners and they are exactly the same. Confused I do not have sensitive skin and my skin NEVER got reaction or anything, not even the slightest irritation when I first started ISC Active which is supposedly really "active". And I suspect it's the combination of (new) products that causes my itchiness. Maybe the Cellcosmet Cream Cleanser or the Skinmedica Vit C Complex (which I just started along with the toner) makes my skin reactive to the toner? Rolling Eyes
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi CK - I was surprised when I recently read phredd4's post that said SkinMedica C dried out her skin. I know she's used it for quite a while and we've even exchanged some PMs about it in the past in which she recommended it because of its stability -- an issue with C that's of interest to me. And I was surprised also because it's my understanding that the C in it is time-released which one would think would make it gentler for those who are otherwise sensitive to C. But maybe there's something else in it that causes drying -- I don't know since I've never used it. But if it IS drying, perhaps it's making your skin more sensitive to other products, like the toner.

Just thought I'd pass this along.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
CK, PSF products are usually very natural in their ingredients and this batch could just be "different" - maybe stronger or weaker or something. Although, as you pointed out, if you are using new products including something that may sensitize your skin, that could be what the problem is.

Maybe you should contact Darren and tell him what's going on and see what he says about the new products your using and if they might make your skin react to the PSF toner? You might want to hang on to the bottle you have and wait to try using it again when your skin becomes accustomed to the new products.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm normally a big PSF fan, love the C serum and Berry Beneficial, however I really dislike this product. In fact I just poured an almost full bottle down the sink so I could reuse the container for something else.

I used it no more than a few times on my face and it's hard to describe what I don't like, but it just seems to leave a weird finish and gives my skin this strange, almost plastic like feel about it. Maybe I should have tried it longer but it just didn't feel "right".

Stopped using it on my face and thought I'd use it up on my butt and stomach, in the hope of firming them up, which I persevered with for a week or so. Still, got that weird plasticky feeling so decided to toss it. Won't be buying this one again..not in this lifetime. Sorry, PSF, still a fan, just not this product.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I try this sample toner last night. I can't see different things happen to my skin this morning. I will continue use it until it run out and will share my opinion again soon.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:03 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Firming Facial Toner. I use it as a spritzer mid-day and sometimes to set my MMU. I do not use it as a toner because I like to put my actives on a freshly clean face. The smell is pleasant, it feels refreshing, and I do think it helps with firming and tone. Sometimes it itches a little for a couple of minutes after applying. This seems to depend on what other stuff is on my face at the time. I now store it in the fridge because I had a few bottles go bad after storing in the cupboard for a couple of months (you could see stuff floating in the bottle--YUCK!). This and the Vit C are my favorite PSF products.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |