Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hello! I want to ask some questions about dermalogica.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rachelktl

Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have some acne and pimples on my chin. People tells me that Dermalogica is a good skincare brand and I believe it is.
My beautician told me that I should use Specific Skin Complex. I wonder if I should use the cleanser (special cleansing gel) and the toner with that. I think daily microexfoliant is great. Should I include it in my daily skin cleaning rountine?
Any girls have this problem? Please give me some suggestions.
Do u think Dermalogica is suitable for people who have acne skin?
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel (250 ml / 8.4 oz)

A soap-free foaming lather of Quillaja Saponaria and Lavender thoroughly removes impurities without stripping essential moisture. Balm Mint extract softens and soothes even the most sensitive skin. All skin conditions.

Magda

Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel is a good choice for your type of skin. Daily Microfoliant , I would use right after the gel, every day on oily part of your skin, and I would finish with a toner. To clear the acne I find that Special Clearing Booster works best.

Dermalogica specializes in products for acne skin.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:

A soap-free foaming lather of Quillaja Saponaria and Lavender thoroughly removes impurities without stripping essential moisture. Balm Mint extract softens and soothes even the most sensitive skin. All skin conditions.

escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica skin care products are recommanded for people of all different types of skin. The most important part is that it is gentle but treats your skin really well. Like the cleansers remove dirt and oil and other impurities but different kinds of cleansers have different uses. The gels one are for acne as Madsy said. Wink
Glow
5% products discount

Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
hey rachell,

i think dermalogica have good products, for oily/problem skin i would recommend

special cleansing gel or dermal clay cleanser
daily microfoliant
active moist

another line i heard lots of good things about is Murad
clarifying cleanser
clarifying toner
skin perfecting lotion acne
acne treatment gel

In my oppinion Murad is a little better at targetting the Acne prone skin. Rolling Eyes
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:07 am      Reply with quote
special cleansing gel is great, and daily microexfoliant is a good products too, I would recommened use these every day... Smile
skinlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I would also recommend using:
1. Special Cleansing Gel
2. Daily Micro
3. Special Clearing Booster or Medicated Clearing Gel
4. Active Moist

It would probably be good to use their Refining Masque 1-2 times a week too--you can use it only where you tend to break out
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Is it available for very sensitive skin and can not make the skin too much dry?
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I love the dermalogica line. They do have a lot of excellent products for acne prone skin. However, the only product that disappointed me was the special cleansing gel. Many people have complained of its drying effect. It actually turned my combo skin into dry skin, which is now only beginning to recover. So unless you have oily skin and do not mind the dryness, use the ultracalming cleanser instead. If you wear makeup/sunscreen, definitely consider the pre-cleanse, which dissolves the makeup off prior to cleaning. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
l second Special Cleansing Gel cause it for oily and sensitive skin.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Special Cleansing Gel not make skin dry
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I believe the Specific Skin Complex was discontinued years ago!
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Belle wrote:
I believe the Specific Skin Complex was discontinued years ago!

Belle, this post happens to be from 2002, that would explain the confusion Wink
tetyanak
5% products discount

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have a combination skin with oil in the T-zone area - Special Cleansing Gel, Daily Microfoliant and Active Moist are all great solutions. Unfortunately, I'm not a great believer in toners
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
could someone compare this to murad's clarify clease gel please? Very Happy
twilight

Sat May 17, 2008 1:38 am      Reply with quote
This is a good one, clean very well,good oil control, the only problem with me is that after using the product for about two month, I can feel the tightness on my skin after using it. It is may be that the cleanser cleans too well, so left no oil at all on the skin, so it is essential to apply hydrating cream right after.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
you can get a simple version of the face mapping at the dermalogica website- that would give you a general idea of what would most likely be best for you...

http://www.dermalogica.com/product_usa.asp?region=B&location=US

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I want to add that though microfoliant daily may work for some some would be better off doing it every other day or less. It could be too much exfoliating to do it every day.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 6:45 am      Reply with quote
can anyone compare this with Dr. Hauschka cleasing cream?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:
can anyone compare this with Dr. Hauschka cleasing cream?

It's not similar at all... I haven't used it but I've read about it. DHCC uses some principles of OCM- oil cleansing method. Some people like DHCC some people broke out horribly from it.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 2:52 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your sharing~ I just afraid Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel would make my skin dry so that i am thinking of Dr haushcka cleansing cream....btw, what's oil cleansing method? is it similar to the principle of makeup cleansing oil?
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I had a trail size of the cleansing gel and it worked well with my combination skin- my skin always felt good after cleansing with this, never tight. I always followed with the multi active toner and then the active moist. This was the line I thought I would stick with as my skin responded very well but then I discovered the Karin Herzog posts and now I am sold on those products instead.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:
thanks for your sharing~ I just afraid Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel would make my skin dry so that i am thinking of Dr haushcka cleansing cream....btw, what's oil cleansing method? is it similar to the principle of makeup cleansing oil?

I don't use OCM- but it's just using oils, not oil emulsions. It involves massaging the oil into the face and some kind of light steaming with a warm washcloth.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I used Dermalogica a few years ago and I still use the microfoliant every now and then and loved it. It melts your dead skin away. However, since I am using a different skin care line, I no longer use it on a daily basis but only occasionally. But its a good line for a start and I will definitely use the microfolient daily.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
i am also using the microfolient together with the salicylate acid cleansing gel...but my skin is peeling off ...are these 2 products together too strong for my skin?
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
It may well be. You should try a milder cleanser and toner. I suggest you to contact EDS for suggestions. My son is now using this product and it helps, his a teenager and he use the cooling mask, clay mask and clay cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |