Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Your most disappointing high-end product or treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
frozenstrawberrypie wrote:
SKII Facial Treatment Essence - did nothing for me. The sheet masks worked wonders though.

Also Creme de La Mer... it was a good moisturizer, that was it.

oops! I just order a SKII Facial Treatment Essence. I should see this post before I placed a new order Crying or Very sad

I have the same feeling of Creme de La Mer as you.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Nuface
Prevage
orionomega
5% products discount

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Creme de la Mer and Kinerase. Useless, overpriced.

Unfortunatley Safetox is not that great for me either. It definitely does "something" but given the price and time commitment it doesn't do enough.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I see a lot of products on this thread that I have also heard good things about in the past. Products, like beauty I suppose, are in the eye of the beholder. Where one is a gem to one, may be trash to another and vice versa.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins Generation 6 Double Serum, just grease...
ewwk..
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
La Mer and Kinerase

if they were drug store creams, they would have been fine. but for high end creams they totally failed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Prevage, Genefique(Lancome)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Shlovies wrote:
I see a lot of products on this thread that I have also heard good things about in the past. Products, like beauty I suppose, are in the eye of the beholder. Where one is a gem to one, may be trash to another and vice versa.

I think that is the case with all cosmetics, nothing is great for everyone. It's a mystery why what works so beautifully for some doesn't do a thing for others! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I would say Yuky elizabeth grant. Stupid me ordered about $300 worth of product from tv. the C serum smells like old orange juice. and everything else is so disgusting. I don't know how this company is still in business.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I now add Revive products to this list !
fadedgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh yes, ReVive. I purchased *several* of the ReVive Intensite Volumizing Serum and got absolutely zero result. It is like $600 an ounce Vaseline. Used it for over 2 years (the entire line exclusively) before I realized I was being had, so stupid. Although this was years ago, and I think it was only $500 an ounce then. Or maybe that is just my memory being kind Laughing.

ReVive (except I liked the serum protectiff)
Creme de La Mer, all versions
Skyn Iceland (downright toxic ingredient lists)
ESTEE LAUDER (okay, not high-end, but truly awful repercussions after long-term use of their Fruition & other products in my 20s when none of it was even needed, but that didn't stop their EA-trained sales staff from "recommending" it to me continually)
Shlovies
5% products discount

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi FadeGirl,

I was just curious to know what happened repercussions you are speaking of with the Estee Lauder? Since Estee Lauder appears to have rather tame actives in their products I would like to know what to watch out for in their line etc.

Thanks Smile
fadedgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Hello Schlovies,

I loyally used Estee Lauder's Fruition every day for forever, maybe close to a decade. I had 3 dermatologists (over a period of several years) and one plastic surgeon tell me that it was (or very likely was, depending on the doc) the reason that I developed melasma/hyperpigmentation. Due to the acids in the product making my skin very photosensitive over time.

But I didn't believe it & kept using it. I was convinced that my melasma was due to my hormones even though the MDs disagreed with my diagnosis. Because I felt like a stressed out maniac (motherhood!) Laughing I blamed hormones, even though my melasma didn't show up until almost 2 years after I gave birth.

In the end it cannot be proved, but there is no denying that extensive use of Fruition royally thinned my skin, and I was never a sun worshipper. And I *only* have the melasma/hyperpigmentation where I used the Fruition: on my face. Not even a speck of it any place else. Further, for years there was not any warning on this product advising the use of sunscreen; now there is. That's no accident.

So...if I could go back in time I would never use any product, including cleansers, that had any acid in it. I'm not entirely anti-acid, they have their place...but there are also safer alternatives for most folks.

As for what Estee Lauder promises about how gentle Fruition is? Perhaps if you only use it once a month, but that isn't what it directs on the bottle now, is it? Once I stopped using it, my natural skin tone/color very rapidly came back from sickly pale. And my eyebrows are about 50 times darker. What was Fruition doing bleaching my skin and eyebrows if it meekly contains only "extra-gentle, buffered acids"?

Be wary of risking irreparable damage to your face based on the non-enforceable claims of a purveyor. I now think the term "gentle acid" is quite the oxymoron!! Crying or Very sad
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Derma Roller - besides red and pain, can't see any result at all.
fadedgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:38 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Derma Roller - besides red and pain, can't see any result at all.

Oh yes Critic, DermaRoller for me, too! Aside from the temporary inflammation (no kidding, right?) I had zero improvement.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Yes, me three for dermaroller! I used the 1.5mm dermaroller about 6x, 1x/ month. No wow for me, although a lot of other people have gotten good results from it. (I wish *something* had happened, given all that pain & drama!)

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I bought the April Rain Night Rainew and Day Rainew, has done nothing. Wish I never bought it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
has wrote:
I would say Yuky elizabeth grant. Stupid me ordered about $300 worth of product from tv. the C serum smells like old orange juice. and everything else is so disgusting. I don't know how this company is still in business.

has, Don't think you are alone, I got sucked in about 4-5 years ago....boy I would much rather have that money to put towards something else! Total waste!

5% products discount

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I really appreciate you disclosing this information. It causes one to think twice about these kinds of products, period. We can be in a mindset that "hey, this is a very well known reputable company so of course I won't have any damage" etc etc...

Thanks again Fadegirl! Very Happy
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:06 am      Reply with quote
i second La Prairie. no use at all and high price.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dermal fillers in the cheek area.

BF
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
No positive results from 1.5 dermaroller at all. BOOOOOOO!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
No positive results from 1.5 dermaroller at all. BOOOOOOO!

You have to have faith. I'm dermarolling, suffering and continue dermarolling... Smile It is supposed to help with the product penetration, so may be the product is not that great.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont Sad
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think we have to be realistic about what we're trying to do - which is basically slow down or reverse the aging process which some would say is next to impossible.

I don't believe that any cosmetic cream will remove wrinkles or correct sagging. Most of the home-use gadgets that we are using have a limited track record and no-one really knows what their real potential (if any) is.

I've tried just about everything that I can afford, including relatively expensive laser treatments - and I have never had a totally WOW result.

However, after saying all of that I don't think I look as "old" as most of my peers - so I tell myself that something must be working. But there's no quick fix, it's important to be consistent and not give up - because time doesn't stop marching on.

It's also useless to compare our anti-aging efforts to celebrities who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and get up to things that we can't even imagine.

So my mantra is to be realistic, be consistent and don't give up!

Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml) Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |