Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi PQ,

Appreciate all your helpful feedback on this thread.

I get similar comments after a light chem peel, so always trying to determine what these types of devices can do that would be more than a chem peel(and those are cheap and easy).

If you have done a chem peel, can you compare your results between that and this unit?

Thanks, BFG

I have done TCA, lactic and glycolic peels. The TCA peel is too much down time and lactic and glycolic I have to do a series of 4 to 6 to see any real difference and even then it's like my skin just seems fresher. But if you remind me in two months I may be able to give you a better idea. I hoping this is more like the dermarolling results minus the blood and pain. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Mine cost $1438 US dollars or 889 pounds and that is with 2 extra bottles of aftercare complex. I am going to use the AnteAge products instead. My husband let the sales girls talk him into buying more of the aftercare complex when what I really wanted was more of the laser performance gel.

Photoqueen, do you know how long the 2oz. performance gel last? I don't think you use that much but I don't want to run out before the 8 week series is finished. Thanks for your help Very Happy

The gel has lasted me 4 months of use, it is very concentrated and you don't need a lot, in fact the finer the layer of gel, the easier the treatment.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just popping in to give some love to my darling *Rupert*... Very Happy Very Happy . Hope all is well and happy across the pond xoxox

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I may just say to heck with expensive creams and serums and start saving up for this device, whether it's released in the U.S. or not. Smile My Mother-in-law's in England and it's tempting to tell her to ship one over.

After spending major $ on Lifeline and AnteAge, that's nearly half the cost of the ReAura.

And the beauty of this machine vs. the "skincare" is this is yours forever, the skincare is gone in what a few months Confused ! I personaly don't mind spending a nice bit on skincare, but not $300 without proven results, and a few its nice, or at least it doesn't bother me, doesn't grab me.

Photoqueens results grab me Shock !

Anyone that's really done a super duper peel, at home, can you acheive this? Having never done one, I am curious, if it could be.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:
I may just say to heck with expensive creams and serums and start saving up for this device, whether it's released in the U.S. or not. Smile My Mother-in-law's in England and it's tempting to tell her to ship one over.

After spending major $ on Lifeline and AnteAge, that's nearly half the cost of the ReAura.

And the beauty of this machine vs. the "skincare" is this is yours forever, the skincare is gone in what a few months Confused ! I personaly don't mind spending a nice bit on skincare, but not $300 without proven results, and a few its nice, or at least it doesn't bother me, doesn't grab me.

Photoqueens results grab me Shock !

Anyone that's really done a super duper peel, at home, can you acheive this? Having never done one, I am curious, if it could be.

I totally agree Tiny, and PQ can totally be trusted to tell the straight story! He does know about all these gadgets, just read his sig. line!Very Happy

Just do not ever use our American slang 'you guys" I very accidentally upset him once by doing that! He is really a sweetie! Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Just popping in to give some love to my darling *Rupert*... Very Happy Very Happy . Hope all is well and happy across the pond xoxox

My darling Kassy, love to you my sweetie, we are all great over the pond, Evie is nearly 3 now and looking lovely. Husband isn't looking bad either.
Our 30th anniversary in November!
xxxxxx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

My darling Kassy, love to you my sweetie, we are all great over the pond, Evie is nearly 3 now and looking lovely. Husband isn't looking bad either.
xxxxxx

Happy Anniversary! Very Happy

You aren't mad I teased you are you?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Photoqueen -did u take before/afters?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
daler wrote:
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:
well, second thought.. I dont buy her reults, the difference in ligthing is way too much.. I hope she is not an eds member as I dont mean to be rude to her!!! Embarassed

I don't know if she is a member or not but go look at her video entries and you can tell that she is not a professional- meaning this is not her profession. I don't mean this in a mean or rude way just that I think she is for real. I hope you get what I'm saying but this is just my opinion.

yes, I saw her video and her skin looks even better in it than in the after photos... what I am skeptic about is the before pix which were taken in dim light with a shade on her face and all the after pix and the video is taken in a very bright light and light on it's own can flush out a lot of wrinkles..

Photoqueen here on eds also has good things to say about this laser so I am sure it works... to what extent? I ll wait for more reviews from members of eds with no motive promoting it... a lot of people with blogs have motives, not saying in particular regarding glam40plus, but just in general..

I wanted to mention the difference in lighting in her before n after photos as some eds members are going gaga over this device after seeing her photos... I mean no disrespect to anyone but when someone puts her/his photos on a blog, they open themselves not only to compliments but also to criticism...

I don't have any motive for promoting it, I bought it myself with my hard earned money.

The proof to me, was my partner saying, your skin looks amazing what have you been using and then asking if they can use it.

I am an expert in this area, and this device works, but you have to be realistic, if you are heavily lined it won't removed wrinkles, you would need the deep fraxel treatment, but as I am lucky and don't have any deep lines the device has made my skin look radiant, tight, fresh and the slight sun pigmentation has gone, so for me, it is one of the key devices in my tool kit.

PQ

Of course Photoqueen, I know you have no motives in promoting this laser and I trust your reviews as well as other EDS members'...

At last there is place to get unbiased reviews regarding beauty stuff! and thank you all for that!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

xxxxxx

Bless you Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

xxxxxx

Bless you Very Happy

Bless you and your wonderful family! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 12:00 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

xxxxxx

Bless you Very Happy

Bless you and your wonderful family! Very Happy

Very Happy X

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 6:16 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
CookieD wrote:
Mine cost $1438 US dollars or 889 pounds and that is with 2 extra bottles of aftercare complex. I am going to use the AnteAge products instead. My husband let the sales girls talk him into buying more of the aftercare complex when what I really wanted was more of the laser performance gel.

Photoqueen, do you know how long the 2oz. performance gel last? I don't think you use that much but I don't want to run out before the 8 week series is finished. Thanks for your help Very Happy

The gel has lasted me 4 months of use, it is very concentrated and you don't need a lot, in fact the finer the layer of gel, the easier the treatment.

PQ

Thank you PQ. I will start next week with my first series. I'm hoping for good results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Help. I just emailed Phillips ReAura skincare expert customer service to ask if I could continue using Retin A during my treatment. I figured they would say no but she is saying I need to be off it for 4 weeks before I start. Is this just a CYA or do you really need that long of a break. I don't want to risk doing damage to my skin but my new gadget will have burned a hole through my bathroom counter top by then.

Anyone who has had Themage at a Dr. office did they tell you to stop Retin A a month before?
Keep in mind I have rhino skin and have never peeled even when I first used RA at .10% or using any other product. Thank for any help. If I don't answer back today it's not because I not reading any replies but I'm near my 5 posts limit for the day. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I would say better safe than sorry..I know it must be sooo hard not to be able to try ReAura for weeks when you already have it in your hands!

I have had laser hair removal done ans i was told not to use any acids or Retin A for weeks before....

Also, I dont think that thermage is a laser but I dont know for sure....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I would say better safe than sorry..I know it must be sooo hard not to be able to try ReAura for weeks when you already have it in your hands!

I have had laser hair removal done ans i was told not to use any acids or Retin A for weeks before....

I am going to have to agree, PQ may come on tonight (he is in the UK) and advise you also, so hard as it is hang on and wait, err on the side of caution!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

Oh Sorry I meant fraxel since the ReAura is developed with the makers of fraxel laser. Well if I do wait at least I will know if the AnteAge line is really working since that will be 11 weeks. Doesn't the Accelerator have retinol in it. I think it's a small amount. I wonder if I'm suppose to stop using it also.

Of topic but thanks Dark Moon for the comment about number of post from yesterday. I didn't realize I was ever in "the lounge" I just go into forums and look at today's topics. I still not sure what I'm doing but I'm learning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
daler wrote:

Oh Sorry I meant fraxel since the ReAura is developed with the makers of fraxel laser. Well if I do wait at least I will know if the AnteAge line is really working since that will be 11 weeks. Doesn't the Accelerator have retinol in it. I think it's a small amount. I wonder if I'm suppose to stop using it also.

Of topic but thanks Dark Moon for the comment about number of post from yesterday. I didn't realize I was ever in "the lounge" I just go into forums and look at today's topics. I still not sure what I'm doing but I'm learning.

I think I agree with all the other's I'd stop ALL products with A in them, I'd err on the side of directions, just this once Laughing
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 11:49 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Help. I just emailed Phillips ReAura skincare expert customer service to ask if I could continue using Retin A during my treatment. I figured they would say no but she is saying I need to be off it for 4 weeks before I start. Is this just a CYA or do you really need that long of a break. I don't want to risk doing damage to my skin but my new gadget will have burned a hole through my bathroom counter top by then.

Anyone who has had Themage at a Dr. office did they tell you to stop Retin A a month before?
Keep in mind I have rhino skin and have never peeled even when I first used RA at .10% or using any other product. Thank for any help. If I don't answer back today it's not because I not reading any replies but I'm near my 5 posts limit for the day. Sad

I wait a month before you use the ReAura, I would not use Retin A and Fraxel the are not compatible treatments. You could end up with very damaged, sore, light sensitive skin that is prematurely aged.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
CookieD wrote:

I wait a month before you use the ReAura, I would not use Retin A and Fraxel the are not compatible treatments. You could end up with very damaged, sore, light sensitive skin that is prematurely aged.

PQ

Thanks Tiny,Daler,DM &PQ for your advice. I will hold off on starting my face for a month. I did send another email to ReAura asking if I can start on my chest area (no RA) and then in a month start on my face. I would continue with my chest area(I would be on 4 weeks of the 8 weeks total treatment time)and do the face on the "off" days, since you have to wait 48 hrs between treatments on the same area. They do tell you when you start to only work on 1 area the first series so I'm not sure what their answer will be but that would allow me to at least get going on something.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
CookieD wrote:

PQ

Thanks Tiny,Daler,DM &PQ for your advice. I will hold off on starting my face for a month. I did send another email to ReAura asking if I can start on my chest area (no RA) and then in a month start on my face. I would continue with my chest area(I would be on 4 weeks of the 8 weeks total treatment time)and do the face on the "off" days, since you have to wait 48 hrs between treatments on the same area. They do tell you when you start to only work on 1 area the first series so I'm not sure what their answer will be but that would allow me to at least get going on something.

You would be safe treating your chest, as long as you haven't used Retin A during the last month.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Yay!! Got my ReAura today! I have already tested it on my hands -didnt hurt at all, my they look pretty bad I must say. Many small red dots..

A question for you all - Im using Neostratas products which has PHA (Polyhydroxy Acids)and Pro-Retinol in them ..without it my skin really breaks out..Should I wait to use the ReAura?

On Neostratas website they say it can be used post procedure to optimize results...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Sidmo wrote:
Yay!! Got my ReAura today! I have already tested it on my hands -didnt hurt at all, my they look pretty bad I must say. Many small red dots..

A question for you all - Im using Neostratas products which has PHA (Polyhydroxy Acids)and Pro-Retinol in them ..without it my skin really breaks out..Should I wait to use the ReAura?

On Neostratas website they say it can be used post procedure to optimize results...

Hi Sidmo, I don't know anything about the Neostrata product in particular but when I wrote to Phillips they said to wait 4 weeks before starting ReAura after using RA and 2weeks after finishing the 8 week program. It does say in the directions to not use anything that make you more sun sensitive.

I am starting on my chest area and in 4 weeks will start on my face. I did a training session ( level 1) last night and had no problems. You can also go towww.philips.co.uk/myreaura and ask. You have to log in and register to get access but they are good about answering questions.

Keep us updated on your progress. I will be on the same schedule as you and it will be interesting to share notes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Sidmo wrote:

Hi Sidmo, I don't know anything about the Neostrata product in particular but when I wrote to Phillips they said to wait 4 weeks before starting ReAura after using RA and 2weeks after finishing the 8 week program. It does say in the directions to not use anything that make you more sun sensitive.

I am starting on my chest area and in 4 weeks will start on my face. I did a training session ( level 1) last night and had no problems. You can also go towww.philips.co.uk/myreaura and ask. You have to log in and register to get access but they are good about answering questions.

Keep us updated on your progress. I will be on the same schedule as you and it will be interesting to share notes.

Thanks for the reply! Will e-mail them and keep you posted!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Phillips told me not to use any products containing any kind of acid from to weeks before starting treatment until two weeks after - everything I have on my shelf has some kind of acid in it. Quite hard to ind a really basic moisturizer without acids in.

What are you ReAura users using in between treatments?

Just one week to go before starting my treatment in the face.

I have started on my hands and they look pretty rough, dry and peeling. But the same happened when I first started derma rolling with a 1.5 roller. After the first couple of treatments I couldn't even tell the day after that I had rolled. Seems like the skin get used to it!

Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender (56.7 g / 2 oz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Mask (15 ml  / .5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |