Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
SKINN Cosmetics Skin Care line review.....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
product_junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
SKINN cosmetics
I had watched the fellow with this line of products on TV for a while now, always curious but finally giving in and ordering last December. I have to admit, his presentations always keep me glued to the TV, although I find him to be somewhat obnoxious and a little arrogant.
I ordered quite a bit and am happy with the price I paid for all these products; I am not so happy with the results, and I have been using all these products for more than a month now. I am 34 years old; most concerned about firmness and elasticity, though a few wrinkles are starting to say “Hello”. I wasn;t expecting miracles, but given that I am using almost the entire line for more than a month, I would have expected to see more.
Still, you can judge the products for yourselves, from my thorough if not lengthy review:

SKINN Olive and Enzyme Cleansing Cream
This smells amazing! It has an orange-vanilla scent, just like a creamsicle. I had never used a cream cleanser before (I prefer foams), so I wasn’t sure what to expect. It has a surprisingly light texture, not heavy or greasy like I expected. It’s more of a thick cleansing milk than actual cream. It rinses surprisingly well, leaving my face soft, but not oily or feeling greasy.
It is supposed to exfoliate because it contains papaya enzymes. The instructions say leave it on for 5 minutes as a resurfacing mask. I did that and saw absolutely no exfoliating effect whatsoever. I have heard papaya enzymes are not stable or reliable in cosmetics, but took a shot at this anyways. Perhaps if you have fragile, thin skin and cannot use hydroxy acids, you may benefit from this product but it wasn’t for me.
I did finish using all of it, and it was OK, but I won’t reorder. It’s really too expensive and too much trouble to get for a mediocre product. If I had another one I would use it; I don’t dislike it, it’s just that my curiosity for this product has been satisfied.

SKINN Sulfate-Free Exfoliating Cleanser
This smells like TURPENTINE. Seriously, turpentine. The same stuff you clean paint brushes with. When I emailed customer service and asked about it, they answered that the odour is a natural effect of the ingredients and absolutely harmless. They said they leave masking fragrance out of their products to minimize skin irritation, even if the product ends up smelling unpleasant, because fragrance-free is better for the skin. Good answer, but almost every product in this line is VERY heavily fragranced, which contradicts their answer on this issue. It seems strange that the one product that really needed added fragrance would leave it out.
I decided to be brave and try it anyway. Surprisingly, it was gentle but effective, and it does foam nicely. The effect was the almost perfect balance of clean-but-not-dry feeling afterwards. This one also claims to resurface, though in this one they added glycolic, lactic and salicylic acids, but again, even as a mask I did not notice any exfoliation at all. (I have been told that a foaming cleanser has a higher pH than hydroxy acids need to work). But again, maybe more delicate skin might notice a difference.
I used half of it and am now on the proverbial “Do I finish using it? Do I keep it for later? Do I throw it out?” roller coaster. I am not convinced on this one.
I would not buy again, even if the odour was improved.

SKINN Hydro-Surge Moisture Gel
This product contains certified organic lavender water as the main ingredient, and you can smell it as soon as you pump some out. If you dislike the smell of lavender, or heavy scents in general, this is not the product (or line) for you. Supposedly the water penetrates better and deeper into the skin than plain water, and on TV he points out that CHANEL uses it in one of their hydration serums. The gel is lightweight and absorbs into the skin nice enough- I think an oily skin would really like this on its own. But, like so many of his products, I can’t see any benefit from using it. My skin looks exactly the same as before. I will finish using, but will not repurchase. Your supposed to mix this with the

SKINN Vitamin C and Copper Peptide Repair Powder
This is a tiny little bottle of loose powder. It’s mainly vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and copper peptides. I really like the idea of mixing up a fresh batch of this every time I use it, allowing me to control the strength and stability of the solution. When mixed together, the gel stings when I rub it in (a typical effect of ascorbic acid), but, as with the other products, I have not seen any improvement in my skin from using this. I have used vitamin C products in the past (Paula’ Choice Skin Relief and Super Antioxidant, University Medical Vitamin C serum, Parthena’s (which the owner of SKINN used to own then sold) and Naj Oleari (a line from Italy) and seen improvement in the colour, texture and clarity of my skin, but not with this one. I have also read that vitamin C and copper cannot be combined in one product, because they need different pH’s to be effective.
Will finish using, will not repurchase.

SKINN Nutri-Vital Facial Oil
This is similar to Clarins’ or Decleor’s facial oils. It is mainly hazelnut oil, so the scent is nice (and thankfully mild) in this one. It absorbs quickly, but it is still an oil, so I only use it at night (he recommends using a little during the day as well). He boasts about the ceramides and glycoproteins in this product- but they are at the end of the ingredient list, probably amounting to very little in this bottle. It also contains retinol, but I suspect that in a clear glass bottle, it won’t be stable.
It smells nice and nicely softens dry areas (I’ve been using it on my body, just to finish it up), and surprisingly, it did not break my face out but unless you have dry skin, I don’t think you will see any improvement from using this.
Will finish, won’t repurchase.

SKINN Crease Release Triple Acting Day Cream ADVANCED FORMULA
This also contains lavender water as the main ingredient, which directly contradicts his assertion that all but one product are water-free. It’s no big deal as I am not worried about water in my cream, but it does hurt his credibility. It is also the most highly scented product in the line, more potent than any other of his. This could pass as a (cheap) perfumed body cream; the scent lingers that long.
It is a relatively lightweight cream that absorbs pretty fast, but it leaves a sheen behind on the skin. I can’t imagine using this in the summer, but for the winter, it is fine. I suspect this product is giving me the odd whitehead, but nothing I can’t deal with.
The ingredients are very impressive and high up on the list, so I am sure someone did their homework, I really wish I could see any benefit from this product, but one month later; still nothing. I am not sure what the problem is here, though my skin is usually more resistant than most.
Won’t repurchase; heavy scent could be what’s causing unexplained headaches. May throw out.

SKINN Wrinkle Balm Extreme DRY SKIN FORMULA
Is an emollient balm like Nuxe’s or Decleor’s; you scoop some out of the container, melt it in your hands into an oil that you rub in. Combined with the Nutri-Vital, that’s a lot of oil for the face, unless you have serious dry skin conditions. The balm has some good oils and smells nice (mild), and it definitely softens dry skin; if you are dry, you will probably love the emollience of this. I enjoy using this as a massage balm into my neck and shoulders at night, and the next morning it leaves my skin soft and smooth. It also did not make me break out, even thought I was particularly nervous about this one. As for the wrinkle claims, do have to say I have seen no results?
Won’t repurchase, especially not for summer.

SKINN Orchid Gel Mattifying Gel
This is a silicone based gel in a jar. It is lavender coloured (and scented, though milder than the rest of the line), supposedly to counteract makeup turning orange when it oxidizes. I don’t wear foundation so I cannot tell whether or not it works for that, but the tint does not show up on the skin. It has a silky, slippery texture that leaves the most unbelievable matte finish I have ever seen- like an airbrushed picture. The matte finish is nothing like a powder- it’s velvety smooth, without a pore or imperfection to be seen. Wow! Unfortunately, the effect doesn’t last, and by the time I get to work it’s gone. Too bad, I really liked it. It isn’t as greasy or slick on the skin as the initial texture and feel made me think, but I can’t see an oily skin liking this. If you have dry skin, you might like it better, though if you use too much, it can ball up and peel on the skin. It takes a little experimentation to get the amount right.
I might like to buy another one of these- for special occasions or when I am going to be photographed, though it needs to be touched up often.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the very detailed reviews Product_Junkie. My very first venture into lip plumping was SKINN and at the time I thought it was quite good - but that was before I discovered LF and H/A Very Happy

I have been tempted to try his other products - the guy has a very convincing speil, but having read your experiences, I'm going to pass - thanks, you saved me a bundle Very Happy

Anya
donna.devlin

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I am 47 years old and have combination skin.
I am sensitive and break out easily.
I purchased several of the Skinn line and found a big improvement in my skin.

I especially loved the Wrinkle Balm extreme night cream - I noticed a slight jowl type wrinkle that is gone now.

I also love the lip glosses and lip sticks - my lips are not as dry as usual.

When he has TV specials the deals are incredible. My friend also tried the line and really saw an improvement.

I think it is as good as any other dept. store line up I have tried - and I have tried them all.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone with oily skin tried the Orchid Day Gel Primer?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for that review. I've always wondered what their products were like because I get sucked into the programming when it is on the shopping channel!
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Very good review, I too have ordered a few different items and am never impressed nor inclined to re-try, so they go back.

Not only do the products do nothing for me but the deceptive and CHEAP packaging annoys the crap out of me!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
My alarm bells went off when I saw that this line sells a combination vitamin C and copper peptide product. Everything I've heard about these actives strongly recommends applying them twelve hours apart since they cancel each other out. That makes me very skeptical about this company.
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered this product after watching Dimitri James on the shopping channel. The set includes an a.m and p.m facial wash as well as the dermappeal. The facial washes were supposed to exfoliate and I noticed no results after 30 days. As for the dermappeal..yikes...it smelled and felt like foot scrub. My face was on fire when I used it which was probably due to all of the peppermint oil in it. I have read that peppermint oil is a skin irritant. After removing the product I didn't find that my skin was inflammed or red but it did look like I had used a very abbrasive product on my skin.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that on the Shopping Chanel there are no reviews. HSN and QVC does. What's up with that?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have also noticed that there are no product reviews on the shopping channel and sent customer service an email inquiring why. They responded by thanking me for my inquiry and that they would take my concerns into consideration and that was the last I heard from them in over a year. You would think that if they were selling quality products, customer reviews would increase their sales which causes me to question the quality of what they sell!!
LISAOHIO

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I HAVE TRIED MANY SKINN PRODUCTS. I DON'T CARE FOR THE PACKAGING BUT AS DEMETRI HAS STATED IT IS ABOUT WHAT IS IN THE JAR THAT COUNTS. HE USED TO BE ON SHOP AT HOME AND THEY HAVE WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. HOPEFULLY HE WILL SHOW UP ON ANOTHER CHANNEL. I KNOW HE IS IN CANADA ON THE SHOPPING CHANNEL.I USED MANY PRODUCTS OF HIS BUT NEVER FAITHYFULLY OVER 2 YEARS AGO SO I AM NOT SURE IF THEY WORK OR NOT. EXCEPT FOR 2 PRODUCTS I KNOW WORK...ONE IS THE DERMAPEEL SYSTEM....I DON'T CARE FOR THE PEPPERMINT SMELL BUT AS HE EXPLAINS HE DOESN'T USE WHAT MOST ALL OTHER LINES USE THAT PUT SMALL CUTS IN YOUR FACE. WHAT HE USES IS SAFE AND YOUR FACE FEELS VERY CLEAN AND SOFT. *******THE BEST BEST****** BODY BUTTER I HAVE EVER USED, I HAVE BOUGHT MANY BODY CREAMS AND BUTTER FROM MANY UPSCALE LINES...HIS ***BODY BALM EXTREME***IS THE BEST EVER. I JUST REALLY STARTED WRINKLE CREAMS AND BODY PRODUCTS FAITHFULLY THIS PAST YEAR AFTER HEART SURGERY AND MEDICATIONS. MY SKINN USED TO BE OILY AND IS NO LONGER. I HAVE COMMITED TO USING MANY SKIN CARE PRODUCT DAILY AND WILL TRY SKINN AGAIN. BACK TO THE ***BODY BUTTER*** THERE IS NO WATER IN THIS PRODUCT OR FILLERS OR FRAGRANCE EXCEPT NATURAL. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS IT IS ADDICTING AND A SMALL 4OZ JAR IS 34.50...YES IT IS VERY DENSE AND A REAL BUTTER NOT A CREAM, BUT SINCE I AM ADDICTED I CAN USE ALL IN ONE DAY IF I AM NOT FEELING WELL AND IN BED ALL DAY I WILL KEEP REAPPLYING WHEN I DON'T NEED TO. THIS IS A BUTTER AND CHANGES TO AN OIL WHEN RUBBED IN AND THE SMELL IS AWESOME AND SO IS THE FEEL. I NEED A LARGER SIZE LIKE 12OZ FOR ALITTLE MORE IN PRICE,,DOUBT HE WILL DO THAT BUT I WOULD BUY EVERY WEEK IF NECESSARY. HERE ARE INGRED. LISTED ON THE JAR AND THEY ARE AWESOME: SWEET ALMOND OIL,ALOE LEAF EXTRACT,SOYBEAN OIL, MANGO OIL,SHEA BUTTER,PISTACHIO SEED OIL,AVOCADO BUTTER, MACADAMIA INTEGRIFOLIA SEED OIL, HEMP SEED OIL,OLIVE FRUIT EXTRACT, MOWRAH BUTTER, STERIC ACID, COCOA SEED BUTTER, CAFFEINE. I NEED OTHER OPINION ON HIS LIP PLUMPER SINCE I DIDN'T USE AS DIRECTED AND DAY AND NIGHT CREAMS SINCE I DID NOT USE AS DIRECTED BUT AGAIN THESE DID NOT START WITH WATER AS AN INGREDIENT I BELIEVE IF IT WAS ON THE LIST AT ALL IT WAS NOT THIS FIRST INGREDIENT AS IN ALL OTHER CREAMS. I WANT WHAT I PAY FOR AND GET RESULTS AND I DON'T LIKE PAYING FOR WATER AS A FIRST OR SECOND INGREDIENT IN ANYTHING I BUY. I KNOW EYE CREAMS SHOULD NEVER HAVE WATER IN THEM BECAUSE IF YOU ARE RETAINING WATER OR PUFFY EYES THAT CREAM WILL NOT HELP THEN.AS FAR AS LIP PLUMPERS I BELIEVE THEY NEED MAXI LIP IN TO REALLY WORK AND I KNOW SKINN'S HAS SO I AM GOING TO ORDER THAT. I AM LOOKING FOR CUMLATIVE RESULTS. I TRIED LIPFUSION AND FOR 50.00 SAW NOTHING, OH I BOUGHT THE XL WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST. I ALSO USE BARE ESSENTIALS AND CHANEL MAKEUP. I USED MANY DIFFERNT SKIN CARE LINES AND PICKED WHAT I LIKE BEST. CURRENTLY USING NATURAL ADVANTAGE INFOMERICAL BY JANE SEYMOUR AND LIKE THE RETIN-A NIGHT TREATMENT BEFORE MY HOPE IN A JAR. ALSO BEFORE ANYTHING I CLEASE WITH DR PERRICONE CLEANSER AND DR DENESE FIRMING FACIAL PADS WITH GLYCOLIC ACID. I THEN ALTERNATE BETWEEN DR PERRICONE NECK CREAM AND AMINO COMPLEX AND FIRMING FACIAL ACTIVATOR AND I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME BUT THE 240.00 CREAM FOR TARGETED AREAS ON A CLEAN FACE OR ALL OVER FOR SKIN TONE AND TEXTURE THEN FOLLOW WITH SERUMS AND MOISTURE. I WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS EVERYTHING I HAVE MENTIONED AND WHATEVER IS WORKING FOR YOU. AS I STATED I HAD OILY SKIN BUT NO LONGER IS COMBO/DRY...SINCE I HAVE WENT ON MEDS AFTER HEART SURGERY LAST YEAR. I AM 37 AND HAVE SUN DAMAGE FROM TANNING BEDS.
jodyp425

Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I have used Skinn Products for six months and at first it worked nicely. Then after using Derma Appeal maybe once a month,(not applying anywhere near my eyes)and the Hylighten, my eyes blew up and the lines increased instead of decreased. When applying the hylighten, my eyes were burning. I now have dry and irratating patching over and under my eyes and found that the product is now also burning my face as well. I spent close to a thousand dollars if not more for products that are going in the garbage. At first when ordering through the Home Shoppers i always received an instruction sheet, but when i order directly from Dimitri James Skinn i there is never a instruction sheet. I feel they pack this junk and just say "Here's another sucker". Never again and now i have to go to a dermatologist and spend more money. Thanks Skinn Products for nothing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I fell for his hype about the Lip Party plumping line and after trying it for two days, sent it back. It was supposed to be 'instant' results, and I saw nothing.
His skin looks miraculous for a supposedly 42 year old, so much so that I'm sure he's had something 'done' to tighten it and it's not just his products.

LISAOHIO (when you post all in caps it's really hard to read), it sounds like you use very high end products, which if you're happy with them and can afford them, great. There are also wonderful alternatives with many more actives that actually work than these suppliers, and at much lower prices. You might check out Garden of Wisdom's ready-made products. Re: lip plumpers, check out the Lips2Kiss thread. Many of us (including me) have used her lip rejuvenation products w/success.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:51 am      Reply with quote
His products are really badly formulated and not well researched imo
chelsie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
nice reviews.............I just purchased the show stopper on shopping channel......s> I should of check for reviews before ordeting.
thanks
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think you should just give them a good try and be your own judge. He has very good products.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Remember you can send them back after trying if they don't do what he claims or if you just don't like them. 30 day money back guarantee!
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Not wild about his products at all, but I have to say the orchid day gel is quite nice for oily skin... I have used it in the summer.
It a pale purple gel, that really gives your skin a flawless finish. I find it a cross between Benefit's Dr. Feelgood, and Smashbox Photofinish, but I like it better than those two.
Northerner

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I came to this site looking for comments on Skinn. I started using these products about three years ago and was very pleased with them. I am not much into makeup but I liked the Day & Night creams, the serums, and the eye Higlighter. I especially like the Orchid Gel - works great for me. I do not expect that one would see results after a month, but these products did remove my 'elevens' which were forming between my brows after about two months of regular use. I had a very bad reaction this January - swollen eyes, rash, itchiness, and finally peeling - which I only realized two weeks ago, is being caused by the Olive Oil based cleanser, which I started using in December. I had several 'attacks' and finally I stopped using all his products and gradually re-introduced them and found the culprit. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I do not think I have sensitive skin - I have always had 'good' skin, no breakouts or anything, so this is very strange. I am not going through menopause, and am not on any medication so it is very preplexing. Tonight I tried the other 'sulphate free' cleanser to see if I have the same reaction, so wish me luck. There was one post which seemed to mention an allergic reaction, but the member did not seem to try to find out the cause. Anyone else?
Sharon Danley

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
As a pro high def master artist I just had to comment here after watching Dimitri's presentation on the Shopping Channel.

I have concerns when he credits himself with being a makeup artist. No pro artist would blow on the product, not sanitize their hands with each application, handle the clients face with such disregard and would certainly do a much better job of apply the product.

Having read the reviews by many of the negative effects of his products, I want to shout out - please ladies don't be hook-winked by these guys and the litany of farcical ingredients akin to the Emperor's New Clothes approach to fabric that they pontificate about in their products.

Paula Begoun or better know as The Cosmetics Cop, has a great site and newsletter that is well researched on every product you can think of. If it ain't there then be suspicious of false promises.

And always check on-line reviews before you buy and if you can't find them, once again, don't buy.

Healthy food, lots of water, 8 hours sleep, regular exercise and cleansing your face each night with just about any reasonable product and using the rough of a face cloth as an exfoliator, followed by a decent AHA or Retinal cream for the face + an eye cream - will do more for your face than most of these products rave about. And how about aging gracefully and elegantly rather than fighting it? Everyone loses the fight anyway in the end.

If you want more information about correct and streamlined makeup application techniques check out my website and blog by just Googling my name.

Remember, its about the application techniques and tools more than the product. Just keep that in mind.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
LISAOHIO wrote:
I HAVE TRIED MANY SKINN PRODUCTS. I DON'T CARE FOR THE PACKAGING BUT AS DEMETRI HAS STATED IT IS ABOUT WHAT IS IN THE JAR THAT COUNTS. HE USED TO BE ON SHOP AT HOME AND THEY HAVE WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. HOPEFULLY HE WILL SHOW UP ON ANOTHER CHANNEL. I KNOW HE IS IN CANADA ON THE SHOPPING CHANNEL.I USED MANY PRODUCTS OF HIS BUT NEVER FAITHYFULLY OVER 2 YEARS AGO SO I AM NOT SURE IF THEY WORK OR NOT. EXCEPT FOR 2 PRODUCTS I KNOW WORK...ONE IS THE DERMAPEEL SYSTEM....I DON'T CARE FOR THE PEPPERMINT SMELL BUT AS HE EXPLAINS HE DOESN'T USE WHAT MOST ALL OTHER LINES USE THAT PUT SMALL CUTS IN YOUR FACE. WHAT HE USES IS SAFE AND YOUR FACE FEELS VERY CLEAN AND SOFT. *******THE BEST BEST****** BODY BUTTER I HAVE EVER USED, I HAVE BOUGHT MANY BODY CREAMS AND BUTTER FROM MANY UPSCALE LINES...HIS ***BODY BALM EXTREME***IS THE BEST EVER. I JUST REALLY STARTED WRINKLE CREAMS AND BODY PRODUCTS FAITHFULLY THIS PAST YEAR AFTER HEART SURGERY AND MEDICATIONS. MY SKINN USED TO BE OILY AND IS NO LONGER. I HAVE COMMITED TO USING MANY SKIN CARE PRODUCT DAILY AND WILL TRY SKINN AGAIN. BACK TO THE ***BODY BUTTER*** THERE IS NO WATER IN THIS PRODUCT OR FILLERS OR FRAGRANCE EXCEPT NATURAL. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS IT IS ADDICTING AND A SMALL 4OZ JAR IS 34.50...YES IT IS VERY DENSE AND A REAL BUTTER NOT A CREAM, BUT SINCE I AM ADDICTED I CAN USE ALL IN ONE DAY IF I AM NOT FEELING WELL AND IN BED ALL DAY I WILL KEEP REAPPLYING WHEN I DON'T NEED TO. THIS IS A BUTTER AND CHANGES TO AN OIL WHEN RUBBED IN AND THE SMELL IS AWESOME AND SO IS THE FEEL. I NEED A LARGER SIZE LIKE 12OZ FOR ALITTLE MORE IN PRICE,,DOUBT HE WILL DO THAT BUT I WOULD BUY EVERY WEEK IF NECESSARY. HERE ARE INGRED. LISTED ON THE JAR AND THEY ARE AWESOME: SWEET ALMOND OIL,ALOE LEAF EXTRACT,SOYBEAN OIL, MANGO OIL,SHEA BUTTER,PISTACHIO SEED OIL,AVOCADO BUTTER, MACADAMIA INTEGRIFOLIA SEED OIL, HEMP SEED OIL,OLIVE FRUIT EXTRACT, MOWRAH BUTTER, STERIC ACID, COCOA SEED BUTTER, CAFFEINE. I NEED OTHER OPINION ON HIS LIP PLUMPER SINCE I DIDN'T USE AS DIRECTED AND DAY AND NIGHT CREAMS SINCE I DID NOT USE AS DIRECTED BUT AGAIN THESE DID NOT START WITH WATER AS AN INGREDIENT I BELIEVE IF IT WAS ON THE LIST AT ALL IT WAS NOT THIS FIRST INGREDIENT AS IN ALL OTHER CREAMS. I WANT WHAT I PAY FOR AND GET RESULTS AND I DON'T LIKE PAYING FOR WATER AS A FIRST OR SECOND INGREDIENT IN ANYTHING I BUY. I KNOW EYE CREAMS SHOULD NEVER HAVE WATER IN THEM BECAUSE IF YOU ARE RETAINING WATER OR PUFFY EYES THAT CREAM WILL NOT HELP THEN.AS FAR AS LIP PLUMPERS I BELIEVE THEY NEED MAXI LIP IN TO REALLY WORK AND I KNOW SKINN'S HAS SO I AM GOING TO ORDER THAT. I AM LOOKING FOR CUMLATIVE RESULTS. I TRIED LIPFUSION AND FOR 50.00 SAW NOTHING, OH I BOUGHT THE XL WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST. I ALSO USE BARE ESSENTIALS AND CHANEL MAKEUP. I USED MANY DIFFERNT SKIN CARE LINES AND PICKED WHAT I LIKE BEST. CURRENTLY USING NATURAL ADVANTAGE INFOMERICAL BY JANE SEYMOUR AND LIKE THE RETIN-A NIGHT TREATMENT BEFORE MY HOPE IN A JAR. ALSO BEFORE ANYTHING I CLEASE WITH DR PERRICONE CLEANSER AND DR DENESE FIRMING FACIAL PADS WITH GLYCOLIC ACID. I THEN ALTERNATE BETWEEN DR PERRICONE NECK CREAM AND AMINO COMPLEX AND FIRMING FACIAL ACTIVATOR AND I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME BUT THE 240.00 CREAM FOR TARGETED AREAS ON A CLEAN FACE OR ALL OVER FOR SKIN TONE AND TEXTURE THEN FOLLOW WITH SERUMS AND MOISTURE. I WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS EVERYTHING I HAVE MENTIONED AND WHATEVER IS WORKING FOR YOU. AS I STATED I HAD OILY SKIN BUT NO LONGER IS COMBO/DRY...SINCE I HAVE WENT ON MEDS AFTER HEART SURGERY LAST YEAR. I AM 37 AND HAVE SUN DAMAGE FROM TANNING BEDS.

I appreciate you taking the time to post this review and I am sure there is alot of info but to be honest I cannot keep track of what line I have just read when everything is in caps. This drives me crazy and I have no problem telling people so. But thanks for your review but I will pass reading it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I actually really like the neck cream for double chins, the other one was not hydrating enough. I tried a few other products and returned them after a couple weeks of use. But I have repurchased the above neck cream.
MarthaB
5% products discount

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I like his neck cream and some of his makeup. Have a palette of concealer, blushes, bronzer etc and one with eye shadows and blush. Both of these are very nice. Did buy his day and night creams but haven't used them long enough to have an opinion.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I tried some of his makeup and creams a year ago and they did nothing for me. The creams did nothing for my skin and the makeup didn't stay on at all. I gave the eye shadows to my granddaughter to play with.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
MarthaB you are another one that likes the neck cream Smile I like this so much infact that I probably wont go back to using Valmont neck cream which was my HG.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |