Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)
feeling and looking so old and ugly :-(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys

Well what a sorry state to be in. I know (and feel) I really should be pulling myself together especially when you think of all the people suffering in the world and who really have something to feel sad about. Really makes you feel very ungrateful.

Im just feeling so very depressed and down on myself. Ive never had a lot of confidence but I hate so much looking in the mirror and seeing what I look like. Its one thing not being very attractive but too look so old along with that is just so depressing.

I know ive been here so many times before but im still trying to do something with my skin.

At the moment I am using the following:-

AM
Vit C
Strivectin
Gatineau resculpting moisteriser

PM
Renova (every 3 days)
PSF Stimucoll (when not using Renova)
Gatineau mosteriser or camelia oil

I also use epidermx microbrasion approx 2 times a week.

Concerns I have are:- (all at the age of 37)
Crepiness under my eyes - eyes also look saggy underneath too
crows feet
frown lines (quite deep)
eyelids seem to be sagging
lines starting to form around my lips
overall appearance of my skin seems very dull and old looking.

Im not sure what sin type I am. I can only say that in the summer i tend to be more on the shiny side (this can happen in winter too) but I also get dry flakey patches on my face at the same time. If I gently pinch my face the skin does not spring back - it tends to take awhile for the mark to go. Is this dehydrated skin.

I am looking for the following to buy:- I really need to get into a proper skin care routine as i feel i just dibble and dabble about at the moment.

firming eye cream
mositurising eyecream
something for frown lines
moisturing face cream
firming face cream

I have tried the Okusil but found my eyes looked more crepey than ever after a while. I also had the Alphaderma but cant say that my skin looked more healthy and dewy (or firmer) after this. I was wondering about trying the alphaderma again but i have read quite a few reviews that this type of product can cause your skin to sag more once you stop using it and causes more harm than good.

Im sorry for the long winded topic here. I know many of you have given me good advice in the past but I just wondered if any of you could help me a little more.

I do appreciate all your help

Many thanks

Sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. It's not fun.

I think we all have days/weeks like this ... where we see every flaw and see none of our "perfection".

Having had a lifetime of troubled skin, I learned early that there was only so much I could correct or cover on any given day ... and I deliberately forced myself to take my focus off of my facial flaws for the majority of the day.

I would do what I could with cleansing and makeup ... and when I was "satisfied" with the final look ... or if not satisfied at least resigned to it being as good as it was going to get that day ... I would turn from the mirror and I wouldn't look at my face in the mirror for the rest of the day. Very Happy

I know that sounds simplistic, but it really isn't ... and it works.

By not dwelling on the way one's face looks at times when there is little you can do about it ... you shift your focus from yourself. This is a good thing.

I'm 55 this year ... and I've finally come to realize that "simple" is better in terms of my skin care. That said, I do try to address the skin care issues that I have.

Your skin sounds like it's both dehydrated and oily ... or "normal to oily". I addressed my dehydrated skin with HA. When I noticed a certain dehydration under my eyes, I began to apply HA liberally in that area ... and sealed the HA in with a light moisturizer. My eyes no longer have that dry, dehydrated look.

I use Vitamin C [the DIY version] ... and I also sometimes use a glycolic acid toner [8% strength to help exfoliate ... dull skin is often skin in need of exfoliation] and retin-A.

My skin is looking better now than it's looked since I was about 14. It's not perfect ... it will never be "flawless" ... but mineral makeup has been a tremendous help ... both in terms of breakouts ... and in terms of being able to conceal while still looking "natural".

I know it's a difficult time for you ... but do try to take the focus off of your flaws. You can only accomplish so much in any given day ... and most "improvements" require sufficient time for them to appear.

In the meantime, do your best and then try to forget about it. I can almost guarantee that no one but you sees all those flaws. Those who love you ... or even those who just like you ... see only the beautiful woman you are.

You are far more than the sum of your flaws. Very Happy

Mary

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,

My first suggestion to you would be to treat yourself to a nice facial and/or massage. Something to try to improve your mood a bit because this can be a vicious cycle. When you're depressed and you look at yourself in the mirror you can be over-critical and everything looks much worse than it is. So, I think the best way to deal with it is to obviously have a good skincare routine but also do things that improve how you feel in general.

In terms of your routine, I will leave it to the experts to recommend stuff for you in terms of wrinkles, as I haven't had much experience with that. I think the basics of what you are doing are good - i.e. the regular exfoliation and the vitamin C serum (I'd also add sunblock to that though). That alone should brighten your skin tone and get rid of the dull look. How long have you been doing this and what vitamin C are you using?

I think you're right about the eye area - probably a firming serum followed by a nice plumping moisturiser. I think MACrisis recently said that her eye area has improved and she's been using the Juvedical line - it's rather expensive (this is almost an under-statement...).

In terms of Alphaderma, and products with argireline in general, I think the conclusion to that was that it can't make muscles sag any more than botox can - and botox doesn't. Having said that, I think many ladies here said that they spot treat rather than using all over the face.

I hope that helps a bit and I hope that you see some improvement soon and also feel better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Sally, I don't really have any advice to offer, but wanted you to know you're not alone in this. I turned 40 quite recently, and am appalled at how everything has started to slide downhill - your list of concerns is almost identical to mine!

I've been reading this board for quite a while now and I'm sure you'll get some great advice. My next attempt to fight off the aging process will be Juvedical eye products and IS Clinical for the face - I don't know if I'll get the results I'm looking for, but I know I wouldn't even have heard about these if I hadn't read about them here. Here's hoping we both find something that works!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Sally you're a year younger than me and you sound like your skin is major dehydrated, it can be oily and dehydrated at the same time (mine is). Wrinkles are caused by dehydrated skin (well one of the causes), so make sure you drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses a day) and whatever moisturiser you go for, put an extra thick layer on at night.

We all have days when we feel rough, no-one's perfect but don't be so hard on yourself.

How about a nice treat, a head massage is absolutely wonderful and it really chills you out.

Hope that helps. Smile
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
ah thank you all so much for yur support and kind words............. i feel really touched. its lovely to be able to talk to you all. Im sure im with alot of people in saying that although we do not know each other personally it does feel like we all make alot of friends on this forum Very Happy and everyone is so supportive of each other. I must drive you all mad with my never ending questions of good anti aging creams and advice etc. Im sorry to sound so down in the dumps. For years I suffered with anorexia and that was all down to the fact that i thought i was ugly which was how i felt all the way through childhood. maybe i need a kick up the bum Shock

Mabsy im actually using the PSF Vit C (12% i think)

Maybe I should use the Alphaderma as a spot treatment and invest in a 1. good firming eye cream; 2. mositerising eye cream, 3. firming face cream and 4. moisterising face cream. Could anyone give me some advice on good ones please

Hpjrt you mention HA for the eye - do you have any suggestions. What about PSF hydrating cream. sorry im not too clued up im afraid. Or do you mean to use HA on its own (What kind would this be) and then follow with a moisturising eye cream

Ive only been using renova about a month now - every 3rd day at the moment. my skins seems to be going through quite a flakey stage after using this so I have not stepped up to using it every 2 days yet. I will keep perservering with this though.

With regards to makeup I am using Estee lauder Futurist foundation at the moment. This seems okish

Thank you all for your help

Sally
x

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally, sorry to hear you are feeling down and you know; we all have days like that. You will get so much great advice on serums and moisturisers from others, so I just wanted to add that taking supplements like Udo's Oil, MSM, Alpha Lipoic Acid with DMAE and collagen could also help. I think a facial would be a great step in the right direction as well as no product can replace the human touch. I sometimes go for facials that are just massage with an oil and it really decongests your skin and drains away all the puffiness. As for products go, I would have to place my bet on Revive because this is the range which I have seen the most radical results with.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Sally:

I'm with you. I have that bad feeling towards myself for about 8 months now. With all of the suggestions and support from this forum I feel much better now. During last 8 months I don't think any skin care product is working for me and I felt I look worse and worse everyday. I was afraid I did not have enough time to correct my skin problem before it's too late. Finally I put myself together and stick to a routine which had good review. I used Juvedical for about 40 days and I won't say my face looked day and night different but my skin DO LOOK MUCH BETTER!

I hope you'll feel better soon!!

Mary: putting HA under your eyes won't give you puffy eyes the next morning?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Sally - I don't know what your diet/exercise routine is like, but I would also suggest to take a look at that and make sure you're eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, stay away from as much junk food as possible, and make sure to get plenty of exercise, especially aerobic. You need to make sure your body is functioning properly or else no cream/treatment will provide a definite fix. The more I exercise the better I not only feel, but the better my skin looks as well. Just remember that the skin is an organ (and the largest one at that) and so it needs proper nutrition first. I agree the supplements are a great idea as well, especially omega-3's, HA and a multivitamin.

Even though excersize is extremely difficult for me to maintain at times, I find that when I stick with it, it makes me feel much more positive about myself and just happier in general. I also just realized that it gives my sex drive a HUGE boost! Embarassed Anyways, my point is that eating right and exercising regularly will not only improve your overall health and skin, it should greatly improve your emotional health as well. At least that has been my experience.

And by the way, a postive attitude and take on life is much more beautiful than outward appearances any day, so keep your head up and regardless of what shape your skin is in, people will see how beautiful you really are! Very Happy
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,
I am so sorry you are feeling this way! It can be a very vicious cycle. I agree with everyone so far, that you are both oily and dehydrated. Wow, that's sounds like an oxymoron! My skin is the same way. I am battling some cystic acne at the moment(I have 2 on my face), and I feel ugly too Crying or Very sad I have a good recommendation for eye cream! I really like Revive Eye Renewal Cream. It feel so luxurous! I had a sample to try and got hooked! Wink I also purchased a 5 day sample pack of the Alphaderma CE, Face Prep, Vitamin C and Okusil. I am not very impressed with the Okusil and I have also heard a lot of mixed reviews. I am pleased with the rest of products and will buy! I am using these products as a preventative measure as I do not have wrinkles yet...but turning 27, has made me think of turning 30...and well, I want to keep my skin looking young for as long as possible! Have you thought of doing microdermabrasion? That may help with getting your skin to look smoother, lessen lines and make your skin look more radiant. I have an at home one I use.

HTH
ErinChristine
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I found this forum last July and it was a lifesaver for me. Having skin problems due to stress after losing my Dad to cancer and the sudden death of a close friend, I was feeling low. Didn't help that my only child went off to college, joined a cult (Fraternity) and never looked back. Ouch! But the forums have really brightened my day and I've learned so much here. I really enjoy hearing all the different opinions and reviews and such helpful advise from you DIY's. Changing my diet, excercise and a few great skin care tips really helped perk me up, (plus a little botox and restyline for some artificial confidence). And how great is it that women all over the world can communicate and share like this? No one here is rude or catty, there is lots of humor and support, unlike some of the other forums I had looked at briefly. Hope the forum helps you too, so hang in there!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I do try to eat sensibly. Ok i have a pack of crisps most days. My downside is that I do not drink anywhere near the amount of water I should. i keep trying to but im a bit bad at this. Re exercise i go to a gym about 4 times a week. This involves a mixed routine of cardio and weights and i also do a spinning class (which nearly finishes me off Embarassed ) It does make me feel better in myself but not about how i look. I guess im harder on myself lately as some months ago i caught my partner of 13 years with a young 17 year old. We split up over it and it has done nothing for my low confidence. My skin is probably worse since all the stress of selling our house etc.

Smoothskin you say about taking Udo's Oil, MSM, Alpha Lipoic Acid with DMAE and collagen - are these all supplements?

I was looking at taking HA tablets after reading about them on the Eureka thread where it says they not only plump lips but are good for the skin, nails, hair etc. Just confused as to which ones i should be looking at and what mg I need to take per day. Am I right in thinking the HA with Biocell Collegen II are the ones to go for.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
I was looking at taking HA tablets after reading about them on the Eureka thread where it says they not only plump lips but are good for the skin, nails, hair etc. Just confused as to which ones i should be looking at and what mg I need to take per day. Am I right in thinking the HA with Biocell Collegen II are the ones to go for.

Yep those are the right ones. I use the Hydraplenish with MSM for hair and nails. This works great to keep my skin plump and looking healthy. However, you MUST drink plenty of water. I've read that the best amount to drink depends on your weight. I'm not sure what the conversions are, but here you take your weight in pounds and divide it by 2, and then convert that number to ounces. For example, if you weigh 150 lbs, then you would need to drink 150/2 or 75 ounces of water daily. I like this method better than the standard eight, 8 oz glasses per day since all bodies are different.

To make it easier to drink the required amount, I take the number of ounces required and convert that into bottles. So if you need 75 oz, then that would equal about four 20 oz bottles. Then I just make sure I drink four of them throughout the day (i.e. one in the am, one at lunch, one in the pm and one at dinner). Of course you don't have to drink all 20 ounces at once either, I just give myself goals throughout the day to keep me on track. Sometimes I end up chugging a bit at once to catch up! It might not work for everyone, but at least that's what makes it easy for me.

Oh and I had one more recommendation. Whenever I split with one of my exes and was feeling down about myself, I went and had a free make-up makeover. I always feel great after getting my makeup professionally done. Of course I always end up buying something too. Rolling Eyes Laughing
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Sally,
Your ex's decision to take up with a 17 yr. old has nothing to do with you but with his own insecurity. This 17 yr.old girl will break his heart one day-garanteed. I take the Hydaplenish-I started it a week ago. Vitacost.com was having a 50% off sale. I got 60 caps for $10.00+ shipping. I is imperative that you drink enough water! I can't stress this enough! Carry a large sports bottle and keep it filled with water. You'll be surprised at how much you can drink Wink .Meanwhile, why don't you treat yourself to a facial or massage? That will make you feel better! Yoga is good for managing stress.

HTH
ErinChristine
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Salster68 wrote
Quote:
“Im not sure what sin type I am...”

I LOVE this. Much more enjoyable to contemplate one's sin-type than skin-type today.

I’m benefiting from the advice given to you today Salster, thank you. Posts from Sharky, Lolli and others have drawn my attention to sleep and diet issues....they give me hope for seeing results by improving these areas! I’m not THAT bad about these things (I have another SIN type. Hee!) I notice when I do eat crappy foods (I french fries dipped in ranch dressing; can I get a witness?), I see it under my eyes and congested pores the morning after...now that I’m paying attention. You’re younger than me; you’re ahead of me; good for you!

Suggestions (I'll leave the creams to the experts)~
*a quick liver detox diet (google, there are many),
*HA supplements combined w/...
*Skin Eternal (brand) “w/ DMAE, Lipoic Acid, and C Ester” supplement (My 1st HG.)
*30 minutes more sleep per night.
*Omega-3 supplements (for many reasons) but also, simply put, this supplement allows the often blocked “happy-brain-chemicals” get where they need to go~ give it a couple of weeks...lifts your mood (advise from a psychologist & a psychiatrist)..you can’t possibly eat enough salmon to get enough omega-3– do that too though.
*Check your multivitamin for a good amount of anti-oxidants. (slows down aging inside and out) Basic~ 800-1,000 mg vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 100-200 mcg selenium, 10,000-50,000 IU mixed carotenes, 15-30 mg zinc, 1-2 mg copper, 50-100 mg, proanthocyanidins (including flavonoids, such as grape seed extract, pine bark, and red wine). Bonus round~ 50-150 mg NAC (N-acetylcysteine), 50-100 mg alpha-lipoic acid, 10-30 mg coenzyme Q10, 30 mg ginkgo biloba, 25-100 mg green tea extract.
*Buy flowers to plant by the front door.
(())

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
i do symphatize with you, i feel the same way, most of the time that i look myself at the mirror. i think one of the most common concern and hard to fix is the under eye, i am only 28 years old and i have already wrinkles under my eye and been trying to fix it but stil the same way if not worse...My only advice is try and not to look at yourself in the mirror too much as these made as depressed even more.
good luck.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sallster68,

I'm sorry to hear how you feel, but I can say that I do relate. I'm only 33 and started seeing the ravages of aging about a year ago. Let me tell you it was accelerating a worp speed It was horrible. I talked to everyone about it. And...to top it off, I've always taken care fo my skin. I felt so frusterated Brick wall I changed everything...I went from a chemical sunscreen to a physical one. I stopped my vitamin C, because it seemed to irrate my skin. I started using Neova Antioxident Serum and Environ line. I'm still using Environ and I've moved onto the Skin Bio's Copper serum.
I still have moments of depression, somedays look better than others, but I truly believe my skin looks better today than a year ago.
Good luck and keep trying...
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Last year about this time (my 34th birthday in Jan last year) I really noticed all the sun damage and uneven texture of my skin. And I was still breaking out, my skin was oily and rough with huge black heads. I felt really old and worn out emotionally too. I became a member here and learned so much about skincare, I started using sunscreen all the time and vitamin c serums helped a bit but I was still not happy with the texture and appearance of my skin.

Around the same time I joined this forum I was attending regular therapy sessions. At the time I still felt I wasn’t coping well with the death of my mom in sudden car crash in 2000, I was pregnant and was a total wreck though out the pregnancy. I felt I had never recovered and maybe never would. Then, in the fall of 2004 I lost another loved one and all the grief feelings completely took over my life again. I found a great lady (I have had some not so good therapists so it pays to move on if you don’t feel comfortable) she listened to me and would interject with positives. Just what I needed, I started feeling more positive even though my appearance hadn’t improved. I realized it wasn’t really about my appearance so much after all.

Finding your husband of many years with someone else has to be so hard, especially someone so young, that would be hard for so many reasons. I recommend talking to someone face to face, it’s healing to talk things out.

Aesthetically speaking though, last fall I hurt my shoulder and was in a terrible amount of pain, it just wouldn't heal, for two months! On a whim, I upped my water intake by at least 3x what I was taking in and within two weeks my shoulder was no longer sore! Another side effect was my face looked plumper! My 11s were lessened, the lines around my eyes were too.

I don’t have many products to recommend, what I use is very simple. Bha products, weak vitamin c serum (home made), oil for moisturizer. This combined with a lot of water intake, fresh foods, plenty of sleep help me look well. Sometimes I appreciate my lines though, they mean I am wiser (hopefully!)
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I can relate. Three years ago I
was super depressed, looked extremely old (sagging chin and wrinkles), had not fully recovered from trauma surgery 4 years earlier, had extremely high blood pressure (apparently due to high blood sugar) and was 40 pounds overweight.

I changed my diet first basically low carb but including most fruits, drank water, supplements including Resveratrol, Acetyl-L Carnitine and R- Alpha-lipoic acid, dran plenty of water, Omega 3s and green tea. I lost the 40 pounds and became healthy.

Then I started Pilates (at least 3 times a week) and slimmed my waist (down to size 6/8 and I'm tall over 5'8"). I started to do good things for myself (massage, fixing some trauma scars). Sort of one good thing lead to another. I then starting using topicals on my face (vit C first then matrixyl and glycolic acid peels).

I found this WEB site and got into more products!

I am over 50 when I first lost I had saggy skin but it looks fine now (took about 1.5 years) things happen slowly but if you start they come and boy it makes you feel better and better. I had a class of night students this semester and they assumed I was the same age as them (36-38!!). My eyes are not wrinkled at all. I think diet (good oils and no processed foods) and exercise (blood circulation) helped but the facial preps helped remove smile lines (I only have one spot on the left side).

I got started by the diet success. Can you do something similar? A new haircut etc.? Just one change for the better makes you think something is possible!

Good luck!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
PS I suppose my message is that things can change. It is slow to start something but once you see a good result you will not be able to stop.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sally, all those are supplements and the Udo's Oil is a liquid oil that can be taken by spoon or sprinkled over your food - it contains a good balance of essential fatty acids which will moisturise your skin from the inside out. I really feel for you and I think you are very brave to reach out and tell people what you are going through at the moment. I think it also shows what a wonderful forum this is as you have had some thoughtful, caring responses. God bless.
Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
wow, so many inspiring posts! Here's my "sin" story...

I'm 42, and the last couple years have been rough emotionally for me. Severe stress over time can really wreck you physically as well as emotionally. It can literally make you sick...DIS-EASE. I had some issues to deal with, and I was having panic attacks, depression, gained about 30 lbs trying to soothe myself with comfort foods.

January of this year after a bad series of panic attacks (by now I had graduated to a panic disorder) due to emotions and stress, I decided I had to take control. Doc was trying to help, and did, but I had to become much more pro active and make some changes for myself.

I started exercising slooooowly for an hour at least five days a week on a treadmill in my garage, eating healthy- at least two servings of fruit, as many veggies as I liked, and lean chicken/fish, nuts, brown rice etc. Fresh air, laughter, time for myself...anything to help find my "joy" and strength again.

Panics began subsiding over time, replaced xanax with excercise:) As a result, I lost weight,(17 lbs last time I checked) I began naming and resolving emotional issues- which is not easy but oh so worth it. AND last but not least...I started noticing my skin looking better. I had truly thought my skin was a lost cause, I'm talking oily and flakey, huge pores, no color, spidery veins, some wrinkling and sagging occurring.

Then I found this board and started trying this and that and I'm finding that the routines I've created are really making a difference. And it's not just skin deep imo, it's about taking care of ourselves.

So important to...

Laugh and Relax, get outside for fresh air

Bring color, life (plants/flowers/animals) and light indoors.

Take time for YOU, even if you set a timer.

books ..."simple abundance" by Sarah Van Breathnach(sp?), "a gift from the sea" by anne morrow Lindberg.

Eat beautiful foods on colorful and or elegant dishes. make a big deal out of it- ESPECIALLY if it's a meal for one.

I am getting a bit whimsical LOL, so I'll stop.

Your'e gonna find with experimentation just what your skin needs and it will get better. enjoy the journey, it's the very best part! hope this helps inspire.

Allie Grace
Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I almost did'nt post this because I am new to skin care really.

I'm trying emu oil as my moisturizer right now, I have really sensitive and oily skin, but I find if I apply just a tiny bit of it and let it soak in, and then dab away excess with a handcloth, it seems to moisturize quite well for me w/o that smothering my skin feeling. And it's not as oily on me as most products.

I recently tried "burts bees repair serum" with rose of attar- or is it attar of rose??? ANyways, I dab around my eyes at night and I'm noticing the droopiness is lifting. I have been using it for about three nights, I did'nt really expect such a dramatic reaction. Be careful not to get it in your peepers, it will sting!

Allie Grace
betty77
5% products discount

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,
sorry to hear you are feeling so down about your looks. I am still at the start of my own learning curve regarding skin care but you have certainly come to the right place for advice and understanding. I am 28 and am noticing some premature aging which is really very depressing but I think it helps to come here and read the posts and to know that you are not alone in your concerns.
I recommend you browse the forums and read up on what people have suggested about nutrition as I do think that to maximise the benefits of anything you do externally you should give your self an internal overhaul things like diet, supplements and a positive attitude!
Easier said than done though I know!

Best of luck and let us know how you get on!

Betty
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sally - so sorry to hear you're feeling down. You've gotten lots of great advice from the other members of this forum. I, for one, feel quite inspired by the stories shared by the wonderful ladies here. Smile There's little for me to add other than if you just recently started Renova that could account for why your skin is flaky and dry, yet still shiny. It's a phase and will pass if you stick with it. In the meantime, why not do as suggested and treat yourself to a spa day or a free makeover? Buy yourself some flowers and feel good about yourself.

"After all, tomorrow is another day!" - Scarlette O'Hara (Gone With the Wind - Margaret Mitchell), or perhaps from the same movie, you'd prefer "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Wink Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri May 03, 2024 9:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |