Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:Review:: Caudalie Beauty Elixir
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 19, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I love this stuff! I got it 2 days ago ( I think) and I've used it many times since.

Strangely enough, my skin tone is much clearer and better today than 2 days ago. It has progressively improved. I don't know if its this product, or the Valmont Renewing pack or the Oxylight.

I should have introduced it all slowly, but when its new,it so hard too!

Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat May 20, 2006 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Marina - this stuff is just so nice and refreshing! I am actually using this way too much during the day (I need to wean myself off Laughing). I use this first thing in the morning to wake myself up (while still in bed), then I use it to set my mineral makeup. I use it as a refresher in the evening after a long day (feels wonderful!) and then periodically whenever I'm at home and want to feel that refreshing feeling on my face (which, btw comes from the peppermint/balm mint oil in this). According to instructions you're actually supposed to use this as a toner but I haven't been following that.

Re: messing up makeup. Not at all - the mist is very fine. I can even spritz my face with this when I'm wearing the Dr Hauschka mascara (which dissolves in water) and I have no problems at all. Btw, after a long day at work, spraying this actually did make my face look more alive.
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
AAAHHH! Just when I think I've purchased all that I need, something new comes along and I've just got to have it! If this thread doesn't convince everyone reading it .... Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 20, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I just needed one more to push me over the edge Very Happy
Mabsy

Sun May 21, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I might just hold off that rave for their cleansing lotion for a while then to give everyone's credit card a breather. And if someone beats me to reviewing it then at least people won't blame me Cool Laughing

Still loving the Beauty Elixir. Have used it 4 times today.... need to cut down!
Liss
5% products discount

Sun May 21, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
This sounds wounderful, but I am on the fence about the smell

The Elixir contains rosemary, peppermint, lemon, and orange extracts.

Would any one please describe the smell? Is there one ingridient which is more dominat or..?
Does the smell last long? Is it light and fruity?

You ladies are going to make me bakrupt. I can not belive I am seriuos contemplating getting more stuff, my order from last sunday hasen`t even arrived yet. Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 21, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, I think the mint smellcomes through the most, but the others keep it a very pleasant, soft kind of mint.

You dont notice it lingering on your face for more than a minute, but one day I must have squirted a bit on my sleep shirt and when I got home from work I picked up the shirt (Ok, lazy me just tossed it on the bed that morning) I could smell my elixir on it (and what a lovely smell it was)

And Mabsy, I DO want to hear about the cleanser - that and grape water are in my basket for my next checkout (but that is likely not to be till after summer now...)

Sun May 21, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Tiger_tim on the scent description. You can tell the mint is the most dominant but immediately after you can smell other things as well, which tones it down. It doesn't stick around for too long.

Tiger_tim - I'll post a review of the Caudalie cleanser later this week. I've been using it day & night - really liking it! I'm quite surprised really as I didn't really think I would like Caudalie but curiosity got the better of me Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 22, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I too have been curious about Caudalie for a long time, but these posts finally got me to take the plunge! I started with the Beauty Elixer and Lip Conditioner, so we'll see... Mabsy, I would be very interested in your face wash review!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
don't mean to put a damper on this discussion, but won't the alcohol in it dry out the skin even more?
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
i have used it myself, i think it was a great product, refreshing and make my skin radiant... i should buy it again Confused
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I got this a week or so ago and it definitely makes a very nice face mist to refresh yourself after a long day. (I keep mine in the fridge.) BUT, I haven't tried using it as a toner yet since I can't peel myself away from my beloved Dr. H toner (thanks EDS for introducing me to this incredible toner!!)--- has anyone here tried it as a toner after cleansing yet? How does it fare?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
It does sound fantastic! Would it be okay for hyperpigmentation-prone skin? I'm afraid since there's a citrus extract in it, it would make my skin photosensitive.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Question: Do you think this could be drying? I love what it does and how it smells....THEREFORE, I've used it. Very much. Very liberally. All over my face.

My face is now really flakey - do you think it could be attributed to the Elixer?! GRRRRR
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
puglove I would think that this could be drying especially if you use it alot. The second ingredient is alcohol which is drying. I have been tempted by this but have managed to resist buying because of the alcohol content and some of the other ingredients that are not the best for sensitive skin.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hope this is OK with EDS, but I just thought I'd let you all know that I found this on a web-site last night with Caudalie on sale -www.rescu.com.au (pretty good range of products too). They are selling the full-size (115ml) Beauty Elixir for AUD$44.00, or $36.46CAD, USD$33.09.
Probably best for Aussies as the postage is flat rate of $8.50 anywhere in the country, no matter how much you buy. International shipping gets weighed by Australia Post before shipping etc.
tinatanya

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
i am sooo gonna get it!
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:40 am      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
Damn it! Now I MUST have this!!!! Smile

Lori

me too. I am such a sucker for rave reviews. I just put down two caudalie orders, and now this.

maybe I should start reading negative reviews now. Laughing
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
this one was kind of a disappointment. it seems to irritate my skin. I'm trying the grape water next.
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't that impressed with the grape water. I have nearly run out of my big bottle of this and i just have to buy some more as the smell is just heavenly plus it justs makes my skin glow.
lindia99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
heard it before but didn't try yet becasue it is expensive as a toner.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for bringing this review back to life, after reading the reviews i now know that i have to get this. Are people still enjoying this or is there something else now?
Mabsy

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
kez wrote:
Thanks for bringing this review back to life, after reading the reviews i now know that i have to get this. Are people still enjoying this or is there something else now?

I'm still really liking this. It's such a good spritz if you're feeling tired - it's an instant refresher. Very good as MMU spritz in hot weather as well (and not only). I just placed an order for another bottle and my first one isn't finished yet Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I find the balm mint in the Beauty Elixir very refreshing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
My two previous experiences with Caudalie were only okay. I used their lip balm and Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. The lip balm is nothing compare to Decleor's lip balm. Granted that it is a lot cheaper than Decleor's. The Radiance Serum was too sticky for my liking but some other forum members love it and seems like it is an effective product. Just not that great.

Should I give Caudalie a third chance? The review for the Beauty Elixir is so good. I already want to order the large size Rolling Eyes

Can anyone compare this to Jurlique's Rosewater?
Thanks many first.
Wild Cat

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |