Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by babyfish
Summertimegirl,

On your list, you have SK-II Facial Treatment Essence as your favorite toner. I'd like to know how good is SK-II ptds.

Of course, please pardon my silliness, it must be very good your choice of toner, but have you tried the other stuff from this line as well. I heard it was created by a Japanese monk.

Wow! think about that, a monk whose interest is beauty(???), it must be an enlighten line of skin care. Would you please send me some extra thoughts? And I bet their stuff is good for vegans as well.

Thoughtcrime, you should check this one out too!:P:P:P

Hello Babyfish,

I thought I would answer your Q on the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence in a separate thread to the very cool skincare profile Alohagirl started!WinkWinkWink

Well I blame my friend Betty who is an absolute skincare NUT for railing me in on this product! She's like a product 'hound' testing out all these brands and blabs to me what's good to try-- don't you just love your women friends!! Very Happy She LOVES SK-II.

The SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is a beautiful toner to use, it feels like applying pure 'honeyed' water onto your skin after it's been cleansed. I say honey as that's what the scent reminds me of. If you like the moisturizing process to start with a toner, then this is it. Smile.... 5 drops in your palm, rub together and cup over your face, it leaves your skin really nice and fresh ready for moisture.... it claims to 'boost cell metabolism, replenish moisture, nourish skin cells, lighten blemishes and delay wrinkles...a big call for a toner!!..... For this reason the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence has taken the place of my Phytomer Face Dew, as it's more moisturizing. Mabsy, I love the faint rose scent but it wasn't moisturizing enough for me, it left me a bit tight...Sad it's my newly reinstated eye makeup remover!Very Happy

The Essence is described as a clear lotion, but the fluidity is not so much 'lotion' as we know it but is a little heavier than water, and it's a clear pale citrine colour. It comes in a 75ml and 150ml size frosted glass bottle. The opening is small so you can control how much comes out... no deluge or loss of product if you accidently knock it over! :P

This is the only product I have tried from the Japanese line so far but I came upon an interesting review of the SK-II Eye Treatment Film too and Babyfish you know what a sucker I am for products for the eye!!!:PWink:P I know this brand isn't sold on EDS and I'm not sure if the great ladies here will one day look into stocking it but never say never I guess!Very Happy

SK-II has a bit of a romanticised story behind it as well on how the secret of the product was discovered.... yes by a Japananese monk visiting a sake brewery, where he noticed that the brewery workers had extraordinarily soft and youthful hands....skincare scientists later attributed the secret to a clear, nutrient-rich liquid extracted during the yeast fermentation process. This liquid was named Pitera and now forms the basis of this precious skin care range, penetrating deeply into the dermis level, strengthening the skin structure and restraining the production of melanin for a clearer, youthful complexion..... but the interesting thing is it's created by Max Factor! :PSurprised:P

I really like this product... the only thing is the list of ingredients list only Pitera....single, sole ingredient (too hard to believe??), and it is in Japanese. :PSurprised:P

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Summertimegirl,

I don't know if it was the origin of the story or the special way you were telling its story ( I prefer to believe the latter) that made SK II become a romantic beauty line to me.

A Japanese monk ( hope he was not an ancient one then;)), a sake brewery ( yum! hot sake! the only acohol I love to be addicted to :P), those lovely brewers whose hands were as smooth as babies butt, and a secret extract with an ingredient that was as mysterious as its name: Pitera.

Well, of course you don't choose a skin care ptds based on its romantic origin, but again, it can give you some...inspirations...to dream... to hope... to visualise... a good future for your lovely complexion.

I'm glad that you're happy with it enough to list it on your special "skin care routine", Summertimegirl, and I wish the lovely EDS ladies will consider bringing some exotic flavors from Japan to us in a very near future. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

For me, I will look forward to try the eye cream.

And yes, I agree with you, I adore my girl friends. Boy friends can come and go but women friends are forever!Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Babyfish,

PWOOAR !! you can drink Japanese sake-- and warm! Surprised I drank it warm once and it was *the* most potent thing ever! How did you form an * spam alert * to the stuff?!?

I'm not sure if it's the toner or just my general skin care routine but I've noticed that my skin has been a lot more clear in the past weeks so I'm wondering whether that secret ingredient Pitera actually does 'metabolise' and 'renew'. For a toner it was quite expensive (US$98.00 and on special) Sad I wouldn't normally splash out on a toner but when your friend insists it's amazing what could I do but cave! My sister-in-law says the SK-II line is very recognised in Japan. Anyway, I'll wait and see how it goes by the end of this bottle to determine if it's it's a repurchase... then I might ask Magda or Casper's Mum at EDS if they'll consider.... the exotic Japanese flavour Very Happy

Summertimegirl x
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I would like to clarify that the Facial Essence is not a toner. It's suppose to be used AFTER you have applied your toner!

It is a moisture booster that restores skin’s natural 28-day renewal cycle, making skin smoother and more radiant.

· With more than 90% pure Pitera, it is often described as SK-II’s “miracle water”.

· Balances skin’s pH, sebum secretion, moisture and oxygen levels, so the oily areas (usually T-zone) is less oily, while the dry areas are more moisturized!

SKII's toner is called Facial Treatment Clear LOTION.
www.sk2.com

SKII is very popular in my country and I use to be a fan of this brand. But due to the high cost of the products, i've just switched to Decleor Smile
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Newbie !

I'm gad you clarified that the Essence isn't a toner for me, thanks so much !! I have been using it as a toner though :P, and so does my friend who introduced me to the product. I love patting this liquid on after I cleanse my face-- it really is a moisture booster. Admittedly I didn't know they had a specific toner but thank you for pointing out the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion to me.

This is the only product I've used from the SK-II line as my friend found it worked amazingly for her.... for the price I probably would not buy this again for a toner, in fact I'm thinking of going back to my trusty Evian Mineral Water Spray as it also locks back in the moisture-- and I love the super fine waterworks !!Very Happy I am very keen to look into the SK-II Eye Treatment Film though... have you tried that product when you were using SK-II? Cost aside, what's your oppinion of this line?

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:53 am      Reply with quote
PS... I wish this product had some English text on the packaging, it's all in Japanese. Sad
Mabsy

Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Mabsy, I love the faint rose scent but it wasn't moisturizing enough for me, it left me a bit tight...Sad it's my newly reinstated eye makeup remover!Very Happy

Crap, I feel an expensive lemming coming on! Sad I love my Phytomer Face Dew and it doesn't make me tight at all but I can't help myself when I read people raving about a product! If I try it I really hope that I still like the Phytomer better, much more economical Smile

Btw, I read some really good reviews of this SKII product. But amazingly a lot of people reckon that it really smells (bad)! So, to buy or not to buy.... that is the question.

Mabsy.
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Hey Chilli Twin

I have an idea - if you are using the SK II lotion, you can use the pop up mask with it. What this mask does is to hold the lotion over your face for a longer period for it to act.

I can mail you a packet of masks if you like.

Cheers
Jenny
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hey there Chilli Twin !

I never thought of doing that with the SK-II Essence, what a brilliant idea !Surprised

Thank you so much for offering to do that, I'm really grateful ! Since the paper tablet mask lemmings got let out I was so wanting to try them ! I'll send you a U2U !

THANKS Jenny!

Summertimegirl x

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy

Btw, I read some really good reviews of this SKII product. But amazingly a lot of people reckon that it really smells (bad)! So, to buy or not to buy.... that is the question.

Mabsy,

I guess the smell of it depends on your nose. To me, the smell hints of 'honey' for some reason and a vague alcoholic scent but it's the scent of the pitera liquid I think. It's too subtle a scent to put a finger on it... on the other hand my friend says it's scent-free!:P

Economically speaking-- it's not economical as it's pricey but Chilli Twin's just come to the rescue and offered to send me some masks so I'm hoping that this will help me get more out of the product. I think the Essence would be great to use with the paper masks, I just love the wonderful ideas that come from this forum ! Thanxx Jenny you're brilliant !

jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Summertime Girl

I sent a U2U post to you a while ago.

BTW, I would suggest you use the mask (with SKII) say once or twice a week. If I am not mistaken, I think SK II also has a range of paper masks (already soaked with the lotion) in my part of the world. BUT, I reckon using your own paper pop ups with the desired amount of lotion is definitely more economical.

Hee Hee, now I am thinking of getting the lotion myself. Ha! Lotion Twin???? This is too much!

Cheers
Jenny
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Hey Jenny ! Wink

I've also looked at their presoaked masks, the SKII Facial Treatment Masks but they're quite expensive ($US70.00 for six masks)....it would be so much more economical, not to mention fun ! to drench the paper tablet masks with the Essence yourself. Wink

hehe ! It sounds like the paper tablet mask has generated a domino-effect rise in lemmings for lotions !:P I guess it's the potency of the lotion that does the job, the paper mask just makes it work better !

5% products discount

Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Summertime girl!

I've not tried the Eye Treatment Film but I've heard rave reviews abt it.

Personally, I love SKII's products as they're fragrance free and hypoallergenic (which is good as it won't clog yr pores). But their products work better for normal to slightly dry/oily skintypes. They don't have oil contolling (for oily skin) or xtra moisturizing (dry skin) properties.

My personal favorite is still the Facial Essence. I use it after toner and before moisturizer and it really does aid in keeping my moisture level up! Too bad its just too costly for me to continue but I will still buy the Essence! It doubles up as a light 'serum' too!

jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Summertime Girl

Please check your u2u
Cheers
Jenny:D
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Newbie !

I actually didn't know how popular this skincare line was until one of my team leaders at work said that his girlfriend was dying to get over to Hong Kong to get her hands on this range, apparently it's the cheapest to buy there. There is a bit of a hype around this product, it's huge in Asia.

Athough I don't really fall for hyped up products, I agree that the Treatment Essence is very good, I've noticed a difference since using it. I'm easing off on it so I can save it to be used it with the paper masks (Thanks a million Chilli Twin !Very Happy) so I'll see how that will work...muchly anticipated.

Do you actually use the range from SK-II, you mentioned (moisturizer and toner) in your skincare regime? If so how long have you been using it? The reason I ask is because a friend who doesn't have a particular regime was looking into investing in a line of products and said that she'd read reports of the SK-II line-- that the benefits can be seen if you are able to sustain the use (ie. have the money to spend on the products long term) but once you stop, the complexion will turn yellow and go dull. Surprised I really must look into this. The other thing she mentioned was that the reason the SK-II and other product lines originating from Asia are not sold in the States and Canada was that products must meet certain rigid standards and regulations, however in Asia these are much looser. Has anyone else read these reports?

I guess the proof is only in the using-- in the end it either works or it fails you. I'm still very keen on trying the Eye Treatment Film going by the reviews it has received.

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:44 am      Reply with quote
THANX Jenny !
Just sent you a U2U, sorry I didn't reply quickly, went out of action for a day or two as it's been so hectic lately !

cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
For those in NJ interested, the Saks in Short Hills is going to carry SK-II. They were setting up the counter today in the store.
sophie

Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
If you're not near the Saks in Short Hills, its also available in their website - saks.com. I tried it on a friend's recommendation - i love it.
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I was curious about this line so I went back to Saks once the counter opened and was given some samples of Facial Treatment Cleanser, Facial Treatment Essence & Power Signs Treatment.

The cleanser is lightly foaming cream with a faint smell of roses. The rose scent is Rosa Canina Fruit Extract. I've used this cleanser 1x and am highly reactive but did not have any ill effect from the rose extract.

The essence is 90% Pitera and is to be applied by warming in your hands and then pressing into skin. You can also apply the same way but with a cotton pad but imagine an excess of product will be wasted soaking into the cotton. The ingredients are: saccharomycopsis fermet filtrate (pitera), butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, water, sodium benzoate, methylparaben, sorbic acid. This is not meant to be used as a toner as they do have a toner in the line to use following cleansing called Facial Treatment Clear Lotion.

The Power Signs Treatment is a moisturizer. Unfortunately I do not have the ingredients for this other than it does have pitera (I believe all the products do). It is an anti-aging cream to fight lines, wrinkles & age spots. It is a very light, fragrance-free cream.

I made the mistake of trying out these products during a bad spell of break outs. I tried the essence & moisturizer one day and stopped. I want to wait until my face clears so I can better judge if I happen to react. I am combo/oily, very sensitive and reactive. I cannot use most botanicals but was told these products have no essentials oils or flower extracts except for the rose in the cleanser. These products were suggested as the basic products for all skin types and would be fine for oily skin.

If anyone else has tried this line, please post your thoughts. I have some literature if anyone needs further information on products. There's about 15 products in the line, including 2 SPF moisturizers and BHA cream. The line is also available by mail order from Saks NY. I haven't ordered from there in quite some time but assume they still do not charge shipping or apply sales tax if shipped outside of NY.
Mabsy

Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:41 am      Reply with quote
*rubs hands together* I can't wait to try this. I'm waiting for this at the moment (got it from overseas and it should arrive this week). I also have some of those paper masks coming my way Very Happy

I'll post my thoughts on it in a few weeks, have to give it some time to 'acquaint' with my skin Smile

Mabsy
Mabsy

Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
My stuff came in the mail yesterday morning Smile Yay!

I was so looking forward to using it that even thought I was exhausted when I got home at almost midnight last night (I drove almost 300km yesterday in total, going to work and back and then just dropping people off all over Brisbane) I decided to use this anyway and persude my body that it held out for sleep this long therefore it could hold out another 10 minutes Smile

So I have 30mL of the SKII Essence and a packet of those tablet masks (yay!). I decided to do what was suggested here and use the SKII Essence with one of the tablet masks.

First of all I must say that I think you need a fair bit of the essence to saturate the mask. I've been reading reviews of the SKII product and many people mention how they use it day and night and it lasts them for ages. Well, I estimate that I used up about 7mL in order to wet the mask. And it wasn't super wet, just damp enough. So that's a fair bit of a rather exy product.

I had the mask on for 10 minutes and decided that the smell of it definitely wasn't my cup of tea - it's probably what helped my body stay awake for those extra 10 minutes :P

But hey, people rave about it and I paid $$ for it so I will use it up. I will even repurchase and put up with the smell if I see close to miraculous results (even though I'm not too sure what it is I am looking for Smile).

Smell aside, this seemed like a nice mask. I'm certainly looking forward to using those tablet masks (even if it's not with the SKII stuff - maybe Kose Sekkisei Medicated Lotion?). However I just went to the bathroom about an hour ago, looked in the mirror and saw all this peeling skin on my chin (only on my chin - nowhere else). Not quite sure what that is about because I've never had that happen with any other product before. I'm not sure if it's even related to the SKII but it sure seems like the guilty party at the moment!

I'm trying hard not to "judge it" based on what appears to be rather incriminating evidence, and I will give it another go in a few days.

Glad I tried it though Smile Now.... who can tell me something about the Kose Sekkisei Medicated Lotion? What is it actually used for? It seems to be very popular in Asia and probably one of the most popular Kose products...

Mabsy
cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, sorry I don't know anything about Kose products but keep us posted onyour results with the mask. Is this a whitening mask?

I have been sampling the Essence the last few days but in only certain areas of my face to get a true reading of a reaction (I am very sensitive and highly reactive). Happily I can report I have no irritation, however...after a couple days I began applying the Signs treatment over the Essence in those areas and two days later I developed whiteheads in those areas. I already had one on my chin but I got two new ones. I stopped the Signs and am just using the Essence to see if I can determine which product (or both) are the culprit. I have also read this could be the result of the "balancing" which is what the Essence is suppose to achieve. I am going to continue with the Essence and will update later as well.
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy

I have been using the Kose Sekkisei as a mask for just under a year. In my case, it is really good in evening out my skin tone - I use to go under the sun alot - so now face looks fairer, brighter and "cleaner"Surprised. I usually applyl Sekkisei as a mask (with the paper tablet masks) but sometimes do soak some to a cotton pad and lightly pad my face - on days when I am lazy. Anyway, I am such a mask junkie, I have problem using them in a regular routine. I use Sekkisei mask on average 3 times a week.

'Bout 2 years back, I tried SK II as well - but not as a mask - as a nightly lotion - you are right about the smell. It smells rather sour - like yogurt. I did not find that it did much to my face though and gave up with half the bottle - which I just threw away 3 months back:P. However, I must add that it didn't break me out.

In comparison, Sekkisei smells much better though its strong alcohol (I think) scent may be a deterrent to some. For me, the evening of skin tone - making it more luminous - is worth it.

I am also using Neutrogena Fairness Masks - which is cheaper and just as effective - sigh - told you I am a mask junkie

Cheers
Jenny:D
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy

Now.... who can tell me something about the Kose Sekkisei Medicated Lotion? What is it actually used for? It seems to be very popular in Asia and probably one of the most popular Kose products...

Mabsy

Mabsy, I have tried Kose Sekkisei Soap, a very black coloured bar of soap with so romantic Japanese characters' imprints boxed in beautiful blue case. I also tried the Medicated Lotion.

I was thinking that if Sekkisei could make users' complexion as bright and clean as " Snow White" like its claim, it could also help me to get rid of my blemishes: whiteheads, blackheads, freckles, etc...et...etc...But after finishing half of the lotion bottle and one tenth of the soap bar, I didn't see any change at all.

I'm more happy with MD Formulations.

Anyway, I'm still keeping the bottle because of its beautiful design with romantic Japanese characters:DVery HappyVery Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |