Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anyone have Cosmetic Surgery for Eye Bags?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking about having cosmetic surgery on my under eye area. I have developed bags the last 2 years (I am 41). If anyone could give me information about how much healing time is needed after the procedure? Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

MystyPines

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MystyPines,
I think the amount of time required depends alot on how fast you normally 'heal' from any injury - some people can rebound from surgery very quickly, while others take longer. In my own case, I had this surgery a couple of years ago and from memory, I had bruising for about 4 or 5 days. The tiny incision under my lower eyelids took longer, but its hardly noticible after about 2 weeks (looks like eyeliner!). However I have to say that my eyes looked not quite normal for several months afterwards. Not that they looked like I had surgery, it was more like the lower rims of my eyes were more visible - "pulled" isn't quite the right word but something along those lines Confused
There is another procedure for those just wanting to remove 'fat' from under the eyes, which does not involve any exterior incisions at all - the fat is removed from behind the lower lid. Are your bags caused by fat or excess skin - you might be lucky and not need the more invasive type of surgery!

Anya
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I spoke to a PS friend about it and he said expect 10 days off from work and to wait 8 wks to see the final result. For other reasons, I'm not a candidate yet but hopefully will be soon!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think I would defnitely need to have it tightened up, but not fat removed. My father started getting bags in his 40's so I guess it is hereditary.

The bags make me look so tired, run down and unhealthy.

I am planning on doing it in 2007 (I have 3 weeks vacation), although my Husband is a bit concerned about the procedure.

This is something I feel strongly about doing and just feel awful and self-conscious with these bags.

I must admit though, I am nervous about being under Anesthesia.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I totally understand how you feel MystyPines. I felt very self-conscious about mine and of course, always looked "tired". I can tell you that you will not regret having the procedure done and you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner Smile Although I was "put under" a friend of a friend had hers done (upper and lower) with only a local anestetic, but she swears she'd never go that route again Shock
Just make sure you go to a Board Certified Surgeon and it might also be a good idea to get a referral from someone who's already had it done - or check for references if you can.

Anya
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 14, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
This is really the strangest conicidence...here I was sitting down as confortably as i can (with all the meds I've just taken and all) hopping from thread to thread hoping something'll come up that might distract me from the soreness and pain that have been plaguing me since my eye bag removal Operation 3 whole days ago and here I am. Smile
So let me share a little of what I was aware of during the whole time.

The surgery itself was over before I was ready for it to began. Yes, it really is that painFREE. Definitely doesnt rank anywhere up there with going to have a tooth yanked out.

I felt mostly drowsy while I was laying on the bed being prepped to be cut up. And honestly I plunged into it without reading up on it too much because if I know myself...a little knowlege will make me the most annoying person in the room and we don't want that when the doc is waving his sharp tools around with your name written on them. And I also knew I could never get *mentally prepared* for this. THere is just no such thing for me. Either I jump in now and do it or I'll never ever do it. SO here i am.

I believe I was yakking on even as scapel made its first slice across my lashline. It was then that a thought (amongst others) occurred to me. I forgot to tell the doc that my right undereye bag is bigger and protrudes out more so pls pls pls remove more fats from there, pls! I think I remember trying to get up at that point so show them, see there, yes there, it's fattier there so remove more from there okie?
Unfortunately I was far from making coherrent sense by then so they merely calmed me back down and started work on the other eye. Within minutes they were done and I was all stitched up and plastered up and brought to another room to lay down and rest with a cool compress.
Nothing to that, I thought. How was I to know that the suffering (don't let this scare you, the slightest bit of pain to me is intense suffering, my tolerance level is subzero.

Right Now

My eyeballs feel like they're about to pop out any minute being so tightly confined within my stitched eyes. Everytime I blink it hurts and if I open my eyes a lil too much, it hurts too. So it seems the best I should be doing right now is lie in bed with a cold compress to bring down the swelling and then a hot compress (a hardboiled egg maybe) to bring down the bruises which weirdly is only the right eye (tho I'm really not surprised. Its this damn eye that's always been giving me Problems,every migrain that I get leads down to the right bugger and that's where the pain always intensifies and now the one with the most fat and droopy skin is also this damn eye.

It's been only 4 days and hard to tell if my eyebags are completely gone due to the bloodcaked stitches and plasters under the eyes. And of cos there's the ever-present swelling. Hard to tell indeed but in the spirit of optimism and non-negative thoughts, I must say that even under the purple/red/blue/yellow colours of the bruises, the bags do seem gone. No one will ever know how sweet those words are to my eyes (coz i have had the chance to say it out loud yet to anyone). For years, every eye cream or gel or serum that claims to *diminish* *lessen* *reduce* *lift* one's eyebags, I'll be the first to grab it and faithfully use it for said amount of time before one sees results. NOT ONE ever lived up to it's grandiose claims. It had reached a point where I was at the end of my eyecreams tether that I decided to go for this. ME who wouldn't go for flu jabs, vaccinations of various sickness just coz I'm afraid of one small needle.

Anyway,if those bags are bothering you like how they've been the bane of my life for a long time, I would encourage you to explore the option of having them surgically removed. The entire process was painless. It's only now as I'm sitting here do I feel the discomfort when I blick, or when I close my eyes too tightly, skin around the stitches start feeling stretched and that's just a horrible feeling to feel. So besides that and the bruising which will all fade in time (so I'm told!) there really shouldn't be anything holding you back. Smile local anesthetic is wonderful. It turned an extremely fearful girl who was about to start bawling in the surgery to a chatty, almost happy one.

Will up date on my progress after my stitches are removed in a couple of days. I fear that more...sigh.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Hey Fenn,

How are you doing now?

-- B
schatze
5% products discount

Fri May 26, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I saw this new procedure on Oprah:
http://www.oprah.com/health/beauty/slide/slide_beauty_reggie_102.jhtml
I recently asked my dermatologist about it and she said she saw a new precedure(Sounded like this) at a convention in Hawaii, but that it was still too soon for her to use it.
I will be ready when it's offered here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Wow! What a difference!
Bee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I saw that on Oprah, too, and I am curious! He did look wonderful, afterward.

Hey, I just saw on their website that Thermage has a brand new tip for their machines that is specifically for use on the eye area. Does anyone know anything about this?

I have been told by my derm that right now the only thing that would help me would be the manual reduction of the fat pockets below my eyes plus a brow-lift, but I'm always watching to see what's new out there that doesn't involve a scalpel!

-- B
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Fenn,

Thank you for sharing the information.
Hope you are better now.

Rose
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |