Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
.:REVIEW:. Cheek to chic shine control papers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Have been meaning to write this for awhile...I just haven't yet!

I have wanted to try a shine control or blotting paper for awhile. I don't wear foundation or other makeup as my skin is generally clear and I don't like the way most makeup feels on me (plus I am the Human Peach, which never makes for a good look when combined with powder makeup). However my skin is very very oily and I am constantly on the lookout for something to control this. These papers have been amazing!

In the morning, I cleanse using Origins Never a Dull Moment, then follow with Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum all over, then Decleor Ylang Ylang and then Dermalogica Active Moist. This seems to keep much of the oil under control but I can look shiny after a few hours. When this happens I wipe one of these blotting papers over my face and the shine is gone! I do this once a day, around lunchtime and it seems to be enough. This particular brand of papers leaves a very light covering of silky matt powder over my skin. I am very impressed! So far it hasn't clogged my pores and sits so lightly on my skin- so it doesn't feel like makeup. You can't tell it is there either, apart from the reduction in shiny-ness.

The ingredients include kaolin clay, titanium dioxide and iron oxides. It also has some things that don't sound very good (such as sodium metaphosphate) so I am going to try a few brands, especially to try and find a natural one- I know the Body Shop makes one.

I would definitely recommend these if you have a problem with oily or shiny skin- they improve my complexion enormously!

Take care all Very Happy
Bee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Maddy,

I'm glad you're going to try a bunch of these -- you can be my guinea pig Very Happy .

I just got some cheap papers that I saw at Walgreen's yesterday. They look like wax paper without the wax (that is, until I got done with them Laughing ). I remember years ago I got a tiny, pretty booklet of blotting papers as a party favor. I had never seen them before. They were wonderful, because they were powdered on one side and were rose scented. You kept the book in your purse and just tore out a sheet when needed.

I posted earlier today about how I am learning to deal with wearing a thick layer of shiny sunscreen in humid, sweaty South Florida (on my oily face, no less! Neutral ). Blotting Papers may be my answer!

Please keep me posted on your trials, and I will look out for other brands as well. I see that Lauren Huuton sells one that is made out of very thin linen -- who knows, maybe this can be a fabric store DIY !Razz

--Bee
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Bee are you looking for powdered ones or unpowdered ones? Here is my list- they are all unpowdered except for the Shiseido.

Chidoriya- these are my favorite, plain brown rice paper, just the right thickness
Awake- very good, plain brown rice paper, a little too thick
Shu Uemura-I only tried these once, pretty similar to the Chidoriya, I will try again someday
Shiseido Pureness-powdered, blue rice paper, too thick, I do not like powdered blotting papers
Lancome, Estee Lauder and Clinique Oil blotting sheets- these are a plasticy type sheet and I do not like them, I have oily skin and they actually overdry it!
Hello Kitty- I collect the Japanese Hello Kitty blotting papers, colored rice paper, these are actually quite nice
Anna Sui- colored rice paper, too thin and flimsy
Mary Kay- white linen, too thick and not very effective

I have tried some others but they are no longer being made. I have a obsession with oil blotting papers and am never without them!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I recently tried blotting papers as well, Gatsby is the brand. I always thought they were like tissue paper so what was the point of buying expensive tissue paper?? Well, was I wrong! They are like a filmy plastic looking, they are opaque but when I blot, they turn transparent, if that explains it at all. Very effective. The ones you ladies describe which are thick or like linen wouldn't interest me at all, I like this filmy type. Clean and Clear is supposed to be like these.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love gatsby! I hoard them when I go to Japan Smile I recently got Shiseido from the Airport and what I like about them is that they are like gatsby but have SPF 6! Smile and nice packaging coz they come in hard plastic flat containers... The gatsby often gets a wear and tear in my bag. I use it often instead of a face powder Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have actually tried some thin blue plastic ones in the past...didn't like them. The ones I am using now are a bit powdered, and I think may have caused my forehead to break out a little. Theresa, where do you get your rice paper ones from? They sound much better, if they don't leave a powdery film after use.

Good luck also to Bee in finding some [think it is going to take a little while]

Thanks all
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
maddy, I get my favorite ones the Chidoriya at:
www.chidoriyaworld.com.
The Hello Kitty ones I get on ebay from the following seller's Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Stinkybears-Room_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZQ2d33QQftidZ2QQtZkm. BTW if you decide to try the Hello Kitty ones she doesn't have any of the "good" ones on sale right now. The 30 years anniversary ones she has now are not very absorbant.

If you want to try any of the other brands I mentioned let me know and I will give you the links!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use Quo Facial Blotting Paper.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Clean and Clear and The body shop....and they are both very good.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Theresa!
Which hello kitty is the good ones? Will keep an eye out. Chiyadora also looks lovely. Hmm. Really love the idea of these. Not much impressed with mine at the moment...maybe because I am mega oily, maybe because I rubbed too hard Confused but they left some papers shreds on my face today. Will stay on the mission to find perfect brand Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Theresa, I TOTALLY agree with you. Chidoriya Blotting Papers are the BEST! But, the Japanese Hello Kitty ones are a close second...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
maddy I was trying to put a link to a pack of Hello Kitty papers that I won on Ebay but it didn't work. I will try to get you a picture.

BTW maddy you should not be trying to rub your skin with these papers. You are supposed to put on your skin and just press lightly. Some brands will tear even if you are very gentle with them and I don't buy these brands.

Liz where do you get your Hello Kitty papers? As I mentioned before, I collect these and if I could find another source that would be great!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Well, I wish I had a good source for you on the Hello Kitty blotting papers, Theresa. Unfortunately, I've never found a good place to get them in the US. I first discovered them during my first trip to Japan, so when I moved there I took it upon myself to collect as many as I could to bring back to the US with me!^-^ My supply is running a bit low currently, so I'm glad to have the Chidoriya papers to use too. I'll let you know if I ever find a good source on them, tho!

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |