Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Sample Review :: Caudalie Radiance Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Background(long, but needed): A couple weeks back my skin suddenly had a spack-attack. I awoke one morning looking very blotchy and had 3 or 4 blemishes (one of which still has not gone). At the time I put it down to the Remergent Refoliator I tested the night before after my RoC peel but over the next couple days nothing got better.. I did another peel and then I thought maybe the peel had me purging (I had stopped using it for a couple weeks as I had run out). In the end I stopped using my IS Clinical Super Serum and Active Serum at night and eventually even the Remergent Barrier Repair in desperation to try and make my skin look nice again. I tried using the PSF O2 serum twice a day (2nd time doing spot treatments), but not even that was helping at all. In the end I think my skin has simply had a reaction to the sudden appearance of early summer (and its humidity) and obviously the routine I have been happy with all winter is not gonna work for summer (sad to say I think the IS Clinical is to blame, but not sure which one)

SO, out of desperation to do something nice for myself I opened my 2ml sample sached of the Caudalie Radiance Serum. At first I was not keen on the milky texture of the serum and felt it a bit "heavy" but I have to say that after the 4 uses I got out of the packet I am deeply impressed.

Whilst I still have the bumps and one blemish on my forehead(they never seem to come to a head), the blotchiness of my complexion has gone and my skin seems to have more of a healthy glow again. I am now considering purchasing this to use as an evening moisturizer for summer. I dont like the thought of giving up Super Serum (well Vit. C in general) or the Active Serum but I might have to for summer.

Butylene Glycol is the second ingredient and glycerin the third and usually I dont like the feel of products with a lot of either of those ingredients. I have another 2ml sachet here which I intend to start tonight to make my decision.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Squalane, PEG-8, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Palmitic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate.

PS. there was a product (I think serum) somewhere here that people were talking about to help stop flushing of the skin and now I cannot find it... can anyone tell me what it was?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been considering this Caudalie Radiance Serum too. I heard the True Radiance serum is also good. Please let me know your thought on the ISC since I like to try that line as well. Many people find it's really good for pores. Oh! Too many products that I want to try!!! Confused
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim I'm glad to hear that your skin seems to be getting back to normal.

I wonder if the Active Serum might have something to do with your blemishes. I think that the Active serum has 8% glycolic acid. I used a glycolic acid lotion about 2 years ago and had to stop using it because it was making my skin breakout a lot more. I don't know if it was the AHAs or just the formula but my honest opinion is that it was the AHAs. AHAs are actually recommended for acne but I wonder if some of us might have the opposite reaction and breakout more!
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I never thought Active serum could cause problems since so many people love it. I used AHA for a long time with no problems but after using Active serum, I had this huge underground cyst that I don't recall ever had one this bad before in my life. I thought it's just a coincidence since I did not see anybody had any problems with it! Now I am not sure! Confused
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
It's amazing how differently people react to stuff; I always had persistent tiny pimples along my jaw-years-and active serum cleared them up almost right away. I've tried AHAs before, but I think it's the inclusion of BHA in the active formula that did it. That, and the fact that it isn't drying for my oily, but mature (O.K. aging Embarassed ) skin makes it a staple for me. In winter, I top it off with firming cream and in summer I can use it alone.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I still hope it's just a coincidence. I might give active another try after the cyst is gone. I like it since it seems to have all the good ingredients in one. Right now, I have to use 2 separate products, one AHA and one BHA.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
tidieu I could very well just be a coincidence. Both AHAs and BHAs are supposed to be beneficial in lessening breakouts, especially the BHA. I just find that I seem to have the opposite reaction and breakout more with AHAs and I cannot use BHA at all since I am very sensitive to it. Honestly if I were you I would give it another try. I think part of the reason I get more breakouts with the AHAs are that they are just too much for my sensitive skin.

marina I am glad you have found something that is finally working for you. Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well, the trouble did start about a month after I began with Active and Super Serum (though the super serum I had used 2 samples prior to that). Perhaps I used too much super each morning (since I did not have to scrimp with the bottle) or perhaps I used Active too often (mind you I found no difference with pores though most rave bout its pore reducing ability)... but also a few have commented that IS Clinical serums dont seem to work as well in humid climates, so perhaps it is just a summer thing and my skin is VERY reactive to summer.

I am going to start trying the super serum again from this morning and see how I go. (but oh, how lovely my skin feesl this moring after hte Caudalie radiance serum)

Fri May 26, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Oh goodie! I have a sample of this so will try it shortly. At the moment I'm trying to coax for forehead back to normal after starting to use the JB Green Apple serum and breaking out (most probably from that) Sad More on that disaster on the weekend...
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - which JB Green Apple serum are you using?
Mabsy

Fri May 26, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
Mabsy - which JB Green Apple serum are you using?

The antioxidant one... It seems to be fine for the rest of my face, just not the forehead. Funny thing is (or sad, depends on how you look at it) that it makes the rest of my face look somehow more even or glowy, but my forehead is in hell (and I very rarely break out!). I'm not 100% sure if it's the serum but I have a bad feeling that it is.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
... but also a few have commented that IS Clinical serums dont seem to work as well in humid climates, so perhaps it is just a summer thing and my skin is VERY reactive to summer.

actually, i think ISC serums work *better* in humid climates.... it also works better, IMO, if you use less, rather than more. my skin has been happier when i give it a spritz of water before applying, thus diluting it a bit. also allows me to use less, but still spread it over the whole face. perhaps you should try this? i know you've got every spritzy thing know to man Very Happy

your experience with Caudalie is interesting -- i thought *that* broke me out. Laughing guess life would be boring if we all reacted the same....
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
better huh? well, perhaps it was just the regular old "oh bugger here comes summer" reaction. I know that EVERY year after arriving home from Xmas in Australia my skin looks like s**t.

I might try the spritzy idea, but I better buy a cheaper water spray than Shu Uemura Laughing (oh and in my defense I only have beauty elixir and Shu Uemura at the moment.. granted I have THREE types of Shu Uemura, but still...) Laughing

As for radiance serum, it has only been a couple of days I've been using the samples...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - I was going to order the JB Green Apple Antioxidant serum, but I will wait a little longer to see how it is with you. Actually, I was debating between that and the Caudalie radiance serum. I think someone in the forum said that the JB blemish serum also helps in the evening and glowy skin department as well. Maybe, I should try that. Rolling Eyes

Which eye products do you like best for firming up the eye area yet not too rich that it would cause milia?
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim - Did you get the radiance serum sample from EDS? Maybe, I should as for a sample in my next order first instead of ordering the full size.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I might try the spritzy idea, but I better buy a cheaper water spray than Shu Uemura Laughing (oh and in my defense I only have beauty elixir and Shu Uemura at the moment.. granted I have THREE types of Shu Uemura, but still...) Laughing

Laughing and you were going to get the Grape Water too, non??? i've been using Avene (have your hubby pick some up) and it's my favourite so far in the cheap water range. admittedly, i'm using it because the water in paris just sucks.... if you're happy with the water there, you could probably make your own or just leave your face damp.

also, not to dampen your spritzy parade, but are sure none of those are breaking you out???
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
oui. Grape water is on the "list" for next EDS order. Damn, you hae a good memory.

Now, satisfied with Tokyo water? OMG it is SO full of chlorine you can SMELL it. Laughing I dont even like to wash my face with it

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
tiger_tim wrote:
... but also a few have commented that IS Clinical serums dont seem to work as well in humid climates, so perhaps it is just a summer thing and my skin is VERY reactive to summer.

actually, i think ISC serums work *better* in humid climates.... it also works better, IMO, if you use less, rather than more. my skin has been happier when i give it a spritz of water before applying, thus diluting it a bit. also allows me to use less, but still spread it over the whole face. perhaps you should try this? i know you've got every spritzy thing know to man Very Happy

your experience with Caudalie is interesting -- i thought *that* broke me out. Laughing guess life would be boring if we all reacted the same....

la vie en rose: I never thought that humidity can make a product works better than others, but I think you might be right. I am on vacation now in a much more humid area and I can tell that my skin looks better. Especially after I apply ISC super serum.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
tideau, yes, I got my sample sachets from EDS

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks tiger_tim! I will ask for a sample in my next order before purchasing a full size.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tiger, I read it somewhere that Vit C serum can cause blackhead. Just google it. It could be because of the acidic nature.

I have a lot of faith in Caudelie products. I like the philosophy and ingredients. I am sure I will buy this at some stage.

I already love the hand/ nail cream, nourishing body lotion and the eye lip serum.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
hallo arielstar08,i gonna try Caudelie hand/ nail cream, but how about eye lip serum, good for wrinkles? and is body lotion moisture enough for very dry skin?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |