Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
good things have happened
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I haven't been here in a while. Finally, finally, finally, I took some wise advice from you guys about my acne. I went to the DERMATOLOGIST instead of trying to fix things on my own, only to be let down. My first visit was in the beginning of the summer and she said I had a lot of blocked pores, but only a few pimples near my chin. She also said I look a lot more "active" than I actually am - meaning that the old acne marks make it look like my condition is worse than what it actually is. So first, she put me on Differin once a night, Duac (topical antibiotic), cleansing with a regular old bar of Dove Sensitive Skin soap, moisturize with Cetaphil. The Differin is amazing. I initially broke out, but that was because all the gunk was being revealed at the surface. It was bringing everything up and pimples would go away within a few days. The Duac was way too harsh. It made my skin red and it burned when I applied sunscreen (Shiseido SPF 55), so we bagged that. But the Differin, I love that stuff. Then.. THEN.. then at my appointment a few weeks ago, she put me on Klaron (a more gentle topical antibiotic) along with the Differin. Klaron has become my best friend. It definitely prevents pimples from forming. I can feel when I'm getting a bump, but applying Klaron morning and night gets rid of the bacteria before it turns into a full-fledged pimple. I absolutely love it. And then lastly, she put me on this heavy cream called Nicomide to take care of the post-inflammatory marks. It's a very slow fading process and I haven't seen any noticable changes. But honestly, I don't care. A little bit of powder takes care of that. All that is important to me is that I'm not getting any more pimples! I can't believe I'm saying that! So yeah, that's what I've been up to. Thanks for all your suggestions and being with me through it all.
-Jamie

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
jamie630,

I'm so happy for you. Razz It's wonderful to hear that someone found the product that works for them.
Twinmommy
5% products discount

Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you!!! I asked my pcp 2 wks ago if I should go to a dermatologist and she said no because since I only had acne on one side of my face...she believes it was stress related....huh???

Well, I am out on a stress leave from work right now. I have been out for over one month and don't plan on going back until end of August. I am getting the help that I need and spending lots of times with my 4 yrs old twin boys (which adds to my stress sometimes)..but not having to worry about work is helping.

I am one of those people who don't know how to leave work behind and care too much for a BIG company who could care less about its employees and I also take things too personal....Sorry...I know this has anything to do w/ this forum, but I needed to vent.

Well Wishes
Mabsy

Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Jamie - that's great news! I hope things continue to improve.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Twinmommy-Hat's off to you with twin boys! I'm glad you take some time now and then to visit the forum and enjoy your down time. Hope your stress gets better.
Jamie630-Does the Klaron or Differin make you peel at all?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you Jamie. We don't get Klaron here in Canada but i've been using Sulfacet-R (which is basically Klaron + sulfur) for 2 weeks and it has significantly cleared up the giant cysts on my chin. Someone from this forum mentioned Klaron before so i went online to reseach it, and the reviews were good since it's one of those antibiotics that doesn't have the side effects of purging/redness/flaking/etc. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has trouble with cystic acne. I also got samples of Differin and am comtemplating on incorporating it into my regimen but so far the Sulfacet works wonders on its own. Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't stop working for me.
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I peel, but it isn't visible. I can feel a new layer of dead skin that's ready to come off every week. When I cleanse, I judge whether I can rub just a little bit harder to get that layer totally off. It sort of feels like dead skin is rolling under my fingertips. When I feel like I rubbed every flakey area, I rinse, and then my skin feels really smooth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I wished eds forums were available to get all this information when i had my acne..........it would have saved alot of heartache.

i'm so happy for you that it worked.
regards

karina
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Good for you Jamie. We don't get Klaron here in Canada but i've been using Sulfacet-R (which is basically Klaron + sulfur) for 2 weeks and it has significantly cleared up the giant cysts on my chin. Someone from this forum mentioned Klaron before so i went online to reseach it, and the reviews were good since it's one of those antibiotics that doesn't have the side effects of purging/redness/flaking/etc. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has trouble with cystic acne. I also got samples of Differin and am comtemplating on incorporating it into my regimen but so far the Sulfacet works wonders on its own. Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't stop working for me.

dollbird I would be very cautious about using Differin and Sulfacet. When I started Differin I was still using Sulfacet and had the worst irritation. I thought it was just from starting the Differin so I put up with it. Finally my derm took my off the Sulfacet (and replaced it with Azalex) and the irritation went away quickly. Only later did I read the package insert for Differin and found out that it should not be used with sulfur containing products. I have no idea why that dermatologist put me on both Differin and Sulfacet!!!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
jamie630 I am so glad you have finally found something that works for you! Tell me more about the Nicomide cream. Someone else mentioned it on the forum a month or so ago and I have been considering using it. Do you use it once a day or twice? Do you think that it would be appropriate for oily/dehydrated skin? I know that there is a gel version too but that contains alcohol which my skin cannot tolerate. Do you apply it to your entire face or just to your pimples and/or acne scars? Would you happen to know the complete ingredients or where I can find this infromation? TIA
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaL. Yeah I'm aware of the irritation potential of those two treatments combined. I'm so paranoid about my skin, i'm just thinking of a backup plan in case Sulfacet stops working for me. How's Differin working for you? Did you experience the initial purge? What i like about Sulfacet is that it doesn't come with the side effect of purging, something i'm terribly afraid of with Differin. I can't afford for my skin to get any worse.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
dollbird I have been using Differin for 8 years and during that time I had great success controlling my acne with a combination of Differin and either benzoyl peroxide or BP plus topical antibiotics. A few months ago I decided to try using the Differin by itself to see if that would work. My acne initially got much worse but seems to be improving so maybe the Differin by itself is sufficient. It is really too soon to tell though. When I first started using Differin I did not experience any purging just irritation. HTH
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |