Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
is it just me or has this thread been showing an extra page since page 15 and says topic does not exist when trying to go it
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:24 am      Reply with quote
it's a bug - happens to all the threads
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm taking MSM and a whole load of other supplements for skin, hair, nails and overall health. It is starting to show a significant difference but, then, I've added a whole load of new items to my regimen including this little lovely, the Baby Q.

Katee, thanks for the update on spider veins. I started using it on a few that I have and they are lightening but I've slacked off so this gives me incentive to get back to it.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I totally megadose the MSM because I have dermal melasma. You have to make sure it's OptiMSM (there's a little logo) and you slowly build until you see a difference. Not to scare anyone, but I'll take up to 24,000 mgs. a day (24 pills @ 1,000 mgs./ea.). I don't recommend this for everyone, but I read about it from Vanessa Wild's book and website. I had the awful upper lip hyperpigmentation for a year and probably spent $5,000 with different laser treatments, high end topicals ... basically everything. The MSM is the only thing that got rid of it. Plus it didn't fade, the splotches just "broke up" and the regular normal colored skin just came through. You cannot imagine how incredibly thrilling that was for me since I wouldn't leave the house unless absolutely necessary because I looked like Charlie Chaplin.

It took about 6 weeks for me to see clear skin breaking through. When I first saw it, I got excited and increased the dosage. After the "mustache" went away, I had a couple of lighter smudges emerge on the sides of my mouth. They're breaking up now and fading by taking the MSM and using the BQ in conjunction w/ a couple of lightening products. I'm also a chemical-free sunblock and hat fanatic.

Now I'm able to do normal things without make-up or conceealer. I even go out in the sun (with the proper protection). But, as I said, this isn't for just hyperpigmentation or epidermal melasma issues caused from sun damage. This is for people with dermal melasma caused either by medication (usually birth control) or trauma to the skin.

There's a great forum for those with melasma:

http://skincarerx.com/phorum/list.php?3

Sorry for the long post ....
Hayley
5% products discount

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Is their any website links with before and after photos of people using the baby quasar. This would be amazing to see!
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Have you gals heard of Pan_G treatments offered by SPA and doctors' offices. How dofferent are those treatments vs. BQ?
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have read through the threads of this topic. I am going to order it from Amazon and give it a try.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Never heard of pan_g. Hope you enjoy your Baby Q, I know I have!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi:
I have sensitive skin, do you think this would work for me? Does it dry you out?
Oh BOY! Another visit from the UPS man!
Thanks!
Ap

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:

Hey, did your Baby Quasar arrive yet - how is it if so?

Afraid not, fifi. In fact I've just emailed Alex to confirm that it has been sent. I ordered it on 30th August but I suppose 2 weeks is not excessively long when it's coming from the US.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
not trying to be too personal but has anyone in there 20s used this? preferrably mid to lower 20s

i would like to know what kind of results they may have seen if any

i read through the pages a few weeks ago, but dont rem in particular ages
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any experience of the baby quasar and it's effects on acne and scarring? How aqre you all (those of you who purchased) liking your machines?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
It does not dry my skin out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
How are you all (those of you who purchased) liking your machines?

A little update on my experience with the BQ after 11 treatments.

I see a very slight fading of melasma spots, nothing dramatic, but yes they have definitely faded just a wee bit. However, I did have two small, light and fairly recent melasma spots above my upper lip that are GONE.

No change at all in broken capillaries.

No change in skin tone, texture or uneven color.

A very slight improvement in fine, surface wrinkling on my cheeks.

The most unexpected and noticeable change I see is in the vertical wrinkles above my upper lip from smoking. Those lines have decreased rather dramatically!

All in all, after what I consider a fairly brief course of treatment, for me the results are at least noticeable and cumulative. From what I'm seeing so far, I'd fully expect continued improvement. I'm well pleased.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
lonevoice wrote:
Rachael wrote:
How are you all (those of you who purchased) liking your machines?

A little update on my experience with the BQ after 11 treatments.

I see a very slight fading of melasma spots, nothing dramatic, but yes they have definitely faded just a wee bit. However, I did have two small, light and fairly recent melasma spots above my upper lip that are GONE.

No change at all in broken capillaries.

No change in skin tone, texture or uneven color.

A very slight improvement in fine, surface wrinkling on my cheeks.

The most unexpected and noticeable change I see is in the vertical wrinkles above my upper lip from smoking. Those lines have decreased rather dramatically!

All in all, after what I consider a fairly brief course of treatment, for me the results are at least noticeable and cumulative. From what I'm seeing so far, I'd fully expect continued improvement. I'm well pleased.

please keep us updated
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Before & after photos please....

i need to see some results from those willing...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:
Before & after photos please....

i need to see some results from those willing...

true,

someone buy me one and I will
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have one coming!!!! I will I will but it may be a bit b4 I do the afters since I am a chicken and I'll start out slow.
Anyone else willing?
Ap

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
if i do ever decide to buy one ill def take some before/after... see the results on my "young" skin
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Mine arrived today. I'm willing to do'before and after'. I'll take a picture today and post it during the next few days.
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
HI, don't know if this has been asked before...

but has anyone using this device consulted with a dermatologist?

Just wanted to know if anyone did, and if so, what was his/her reaction?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
s31pr wrote:
HI, don't know if this has been asked before...

but has anyone using this device consulted with a dermatologist?

Just wanted to know if anyone did, and if so, what was his/her reaction?

Obviously you haven't read this thread, first page way up top, you can't miss it, infact its the first post, answeres this one!!!!!

ps.. I don't mean for this to sound rude, just I'd think you'd at least read the start of the post
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
You are not being rude, I think I just didn't phrase my question correctly.

I just wanted to hear different responses from all of you who have consulted the use of baby q. with your doctors and have not already commented on it yet.

thanks.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I think I've figured out this photobucket thing: first one taken this pm with normal daily make-up (eyeshadow, mascara, blusher, lipstick, concealer on trouble spots. No foundation - I wear that only in the evenings for special occasions). Second one ten minutes later, no make-up except for a bit of mascara. Same room, same time of day. When I post the afters I'll do the same.

I had to put the first one up - you didn't really think I'd put only the one where I looked my worst, did you? Laughing My goodness, I'm brave! Embarassed The first one is warmer in tone because the sun was shining a bit.

Further info: I'm 52, fair skin and freckles, as you can see. My skin-care routine is of necessity very basic because of sensitivity, allergies and periodic eczema. Oh well, here goes.......I'm going to hit the submit button.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce-Your nasolabial lines look plumped up for your very first time use, that's great. I would not have guessed you were over 50! You and I have very similar skin, concerns and lines and I have loved the results so far.
I went to a baby shower with women all in their 60's whom I haven't seen in ages and they all kept giving fab comments on my glow, skin, etc. So to me, that's the biggest indicator that it is doing something.
Regarding the derm question, I have asked. They said there is no harm from the led lights if you are following protocol and if it works let them know. He recommends LED all the time for healing various things, sores, acne, etc.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |