Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
moejoe wrote:
scalawaggirl,
Wow, Your pictures look great. Did you say you are using it every other day? Do you use all three settings? I'm still trying to figure out how often to use mine.

Thanks! I'm really happy with my BQ, as you know! I use it every day or every other day, on average. Katee and I use an aggressive schedule that I listed on page 23 of this thread so check it out. There's also an updated routine that MariaV posted via James's advice from Advanced Therapeutics on the same page. I wouldn't recommend the routine I use unless you have tough, oily skin because it will dry you out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl, you look terrific! The difference in the broken caps round your nose area is very noticeable. I've only been using the BQ for a couple of weeks so haven't seen any real changes yet, but I have my fingers crossed for results like yours! Did you say you had been using it for about 2 months when you took your after pictures?
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl - when you use the BQ on green, every other day or every day....for how long do you use it? Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Scalawaggirl, you look terrific! The difference in the broken caps round your nose area is very noticeable. I've only been using the BQ for a couple of weeks so haven't seen any real changes yet, but I have my fingers crossed for results like yours! Did you say you had been using it for about 2 months when you took your after pictures?

I started using the BQ on 8/14/06 so it's been just under 3 months now. I took the after picture yesterday, in fact!

Quote:
Scalawaggirl - when you use the BQ on green, every other day or every day....for how long do you use it? Thanks

Foxy, it averages about 20-30 minutes total. I do the 4 quadrants on green only as well as my neck paying special attention to my broken caps, etc. Then, I do another pass over the problem areas before stopping. Normally, I am watching TV while doing the treatment so it goes quickly. I've worked it out to an art as far as how to long keep the light focused on each spot and have done it so often that I know where/how to move the light to overlap properly. It's actually very easy to me now and I've also added my hands into the mix. Eventually, I will add my spider veins on my legs, as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Winnie-I am going to try my hands tonight. I'll probably just try the regular protocol as I do on my face and hands and I'll let you know how that goes.
BTW-I had a question I wanted answered on the Baby Q so I called Alex on a Sat. night at 9:30 and he took the time to help me.I was expecting to leave a message on voice mail, but thought I would do it while it was in my little brain to remember to call. I couln't believe he picked up. What customer service!! We had a lovely chat and he was so nice to talk with. We also agree (and I bet it's unanimous), Katee thanks to you for bringing us the Baby Q, you're the best!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Scalawaggirl, I will try using it on the green for 20 minutes every other day - I too have tough skin Very Happy, and don't use any moisturizers after its use...sleep, wake-up - give my skin a scrub and put my moisturizer, and have great skin.

I use a mirror to see where I am placing my BQ, but I sure would like to get better at it and do it while watching TV.

( QUOTE FROM AnnieR) It is UNANIMOUS - KATEE IS THE BEST!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Winnie-I am going to try my hands tonight.

I spoke with James today as I had some questions regarding cleaning the BQ. He was not surprised at all on the reaction my hands had to one treatment. He told me that for some reason hands respond very quickly to treatment. Honestly, I can not get over how marvelous my hands look.

James also told me how to treat my Carpal Tunnel: 4 mins. on continuous (green) on my palm and wrist. I was extremely sore tonight after using crutches. My hand pain was decreased by approximately 25% after the BQ session. I can't wait until my cast comes off my foot. If the BQ helps my post op pain I will be SO HAPPY. Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Winnie! I never thought to use the BQ for carpal tunnel syndrome! I'll definitely try it. I play piano in addition to doing an awful lot of typing. When I'm really working on a piece and practicing alot, CPS really kicks in bigtime. I'm anxious to try James' recommendation. Thank you for posting the info!!!

A very special thank you to AnnieR and FoxyMama1!!! I'm not at all sure I deserve the praise, but I sure do appreciate it !!!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it on my hands and focusing on the area where I have tendonitius.. Altho I admit not as much as I should be doing it.. My hands look so good, and if I was better at getting it done, I have no doubt they would look so much better.. And after a treatment fo rthe tendonitious, it feels better, and is actually feeling like it's getting better..

My new mantra.. I will do regularly, I will do it regularly... Then reprt back with what I know will be amazing results...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
my left eye is drooping quite alot. You can see the difference when looking at both eyes - my left eye is sitting considerably lower than the right. The skin below my eyebrow on the left eye seems to have lost all elasticity and is resting on my eyelid. Can the Baby Quasar correct this

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Sally, this baby has definitely firmed up my forehead "tremendously" and in return given me an eye lift. My eyes look bigger than ever before. I could not get this even with my DemalTone.

I hope this helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi foxymamal

I do so hope it will do that for me. Over the last month something bad has happened and my left eye has a very distinctive droop. Ive only used my baby q 4 times now. ive been using it every 4 days and following the routine that maria gave earlier on in the link

5% products discount

Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, did James tell you how often you should do the procedure? I bought the unit primarily to treat rosacea and tennis elbow. The other bonuses are pretty great too! Smile I have used the continuous mode to the elbow area twice, four days apart, but did not keep it on for four full minutes. I would love to hear from other BQ users that are treating tendonitis.
Blessings
Mary
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Winnie-thanks for the hand tip. I tried it last night and they look tons better (tighter and lighter). I will add that to my face and neck routine.
Also, my hubby fractured his hand (it looks horrible, black and blue and really swollen like a giant balloon) this past weekend when his ATV tipped over on his hand. When he got back in last night I put the baby Q on it. This morning the swelling had gone way down and the bruising is better. I think we will try some daily treatments on it to see what happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
4thin02 wrote:
Winnie, did James tell you how often you should do the procedure? I bought the unit primarily to treat rosacea and tennis elbow. The other bonuses are pretty great too! Smile I have used the continuous mode to the elbow area twice, four days apart, but did not keep it on for four full minutes. I would love to hear from other BQ users that are treating tendonitis.
Blessings
Mary

Right now I am going to do my hand daily as it can get very painful. I had Carpal Tunnel Preop but putting so much pressure on my hands has made them very sore. James did not tell me how often to use the BQ on my hands. Seeing the BQ can't hurt you I will use it often to control pain (once or twice a day for 4 minutes on palm then wrist).

AnnieR, sorry about your husbands hand. Glad the BQ is giving some releif. Perhaps we should start a thread on the BQ and pain relief info.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I too am looking at getting one of these baby quasar's, but I was wondering if anyone living in the UK has bought one from the US, and if so, what were the customs charges ?

many thanks
Jackie
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I too am looking at getting one of these baby quasar's, but I was wondering if anyone living in the UK has bought one from the US, and if so, what were the customs charges ?

many thanks
Jackie

Hi Jackie.
I asked Alex this and got no concrete response.
I guess it would be a lOT. I just made an order with iHerb for about $40 and got charged £15 tax on its arrival. OUCH. Sad
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie.
I asked Alex this and got no concrete response.
I guess it would be a lOT. I just made an order with iHerb for about $40 and got charged £15 tax on its arrival. OUCH. Sad[/quote]

Really ? wow, that is alot. I'm guessing it's going to at least another £100 on top of it. I think it's shocking, but if the product really worked, I suppose I wouldn't mind in the long run. I'm not sure what to do now,.
Jackie x
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
There is a thread here started by TameraT about LightStim, an alternative product, which is available from allergymatters in the UK, for about £200 I think it is.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Catski, you asked if the results would stay awhile if you didn't use the BabyQ. I've only been using it for a month and a half but, due to circumstances, didn't use it for exactly a week (last week) and I felt I was back to square one. I then did two treatments with only one day between them and regained the results. I don't know if one had used it for, say, six months, you could take a short break. Perhaps someone from AdvanThera could enlighten us. Certainly I'll make sure I use it at least twice a week from now on. I guess it's like everything else, though - you wouldn't take a long break from general skincare either. Once you get used to it, it's really no hassle: as Scalawaggirl said, you can use it while you watch TV. Hope this helps.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering too if the effects are permanent and not just temporary. If after using it for 6 months and you stop for some reason, do the effects go away?

Now if I use the BQ for a year or two, do I just keep looking younger?Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Rosario-I Think you would just never age, just always stay the same! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, just like Peter Pan Laughing

(orrr Tinker Belle if that's your thing Razz )
rosario
5% products discount

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Ok,

I'm totally sold Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
rosario wrote:
I'm wondering too if the effects are permanent and not just temporary. If after using it for 6 months and you stop for some reason, do the effects go away?

Now if I use the BQ for a year or two, do I just keep looking younger?Smile

Just like with any skin care routine you have to be consistent to maintain healthy looking skin.

We are all going to age. Hopefully with all this modern tech we will do it gracefully. I believe that expectations need to be realistic. The Baby Q is making a positive difference for my skin. After only 4 treatments my color is better and my skin looks firmer. Will I look like I had cosmetic surgery? Not Laughing Laughing Everyone will probably get different results from the BQ. At some point the results will peak. In order to keep any positive results you will need to go on a maintenance program (at some point perhaps James/Alex can talk about maintenance).
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |