Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Blue Lizard Australian Suncream SPF30 sensitive skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this in the sensitive skin formulation which has pure physical sunscreens of 10% zinc oxide and 5% titanium dioxide. I searched far and wide for a product like this, as it's so hard to find a purely physical sunscreen for the body. even though there's a huge debate over chemical versus physical or a hybrid of both offering better protection, i still prefer physical as i don't like the notion of chemicals sinking into my skin. and this product is made for the body only i think (they sell a separate sunscreen for the face which isn't a pure physical sunscreen).

This was also reasonably priced at $9.99 for 5 fl.oz. of spf 30. I also bought the baby formula which was $12 for 9 oz. bottle. the ingredients on both were identical, so i think the baby formula would be a better deal. (i will write a separate review on that one later).

ok, this isn't called a suncream for nothing. it's pretty thick, and i use it only for my arms and shoulders which are pretty tanned compared to my face (i think this would break out my chest). with a little effort, the cream rubs into my skin and leaves a faint white cast. it's not sticky or greasy, but actually matte and i don't detect a fragrance at all.

i have to comment on the packaging, it's so cool! the bottle is white but turns blue when it's near uv light. so i put it on my bookcase which is about 7 feet from my bedroom window and the side of the bottle facing the window turned a light blue! so i guess i should be wearing sunscreen even when i am at home. i usually neglect my arms and only apply to my face, but i am slowly changing. my legs are very white so i don't worry much about them.

all in all, blue lizard seems like a reliable brand. i haven't been out to the beach or anything, but i think this product would give good protection there also.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I love this stuff!! The sunblock itself is pretty thick like you said, so I save it for times when I will be outside all day like going to the beach, the zoo, etc. But what I REALLY love is the bottle! It says "turns blue in UV light" and I thought, yeh right! But just for fun I took it with me in the car and it turned blue in SECONDS!!! It was a great reminder that I always need to wear some kind of protection.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing the bottle facinates me to no end! the baby bottle turns pink in uv light.

i tested the bottle in fluorescent lighting, and wow, the bottle turned light blue too, though faint. i put the bottle directly under yellow light, and nothing! good thing my desk lamp is yellow then.

Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I discovered this suncream several months ago. I really love it. I can use it on my face and body with no problems at all. It lives up to the Australian standards for a sunscreen which is more stringent than the FDA standards. It is indeed thick and creamy in consistency, but is readily absorbed into the skin.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
this is by far the best and my most favorite body sunscreen. Wore it in the Grand Canyon for 8 hours (was on the river...NO SHADE) and I even jumped in the Colorodo (at a chilling 40 degrees!) and STILL did not get burned. Yes, I was a bad girl and only applied it once, in the morning (the whole trip was 12 hours).

LOVE IT!!! Exclamation

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |