Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. H Cleansing Cream question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I used this for the first time last night, but am not sure I used it correctly.

What consistency do you aim for when you mix it with the water? I came out pretty liquidy when I did it.

Do you leave it on like a mask for a bit after you do the press and roll thing?

Since you don't scrub with it, it's kind of hard to tell if it's doing anything. I just used my fingertips to apply, and then kind of press it into my skin with the tops of my fingers. Is that right?

Skin looks fine today...No big improvement except that some clogged pores on my nose are a little calmer.

TIA
BBD
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this for a few months now & I'm still not 100% sure if I'm using it correctly either Confused But I just wet my face/hands slightly with warm water then I use the same press method as you BBD & do this for about 1 minute or so (I don't leave it on as a mask though).

Smile
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I just squeeze about 1 - 1.5 cm of the cream into my fingers, and then splash a bit of water onto it with my other hand, not too scientific. This thins the cream out a bit, but doesn't leave it so thin that it would run off my hands. Personally, I can't really feel the cream "doing" anything while I am using it, but I did notice that my skin was significantly clearer a few weeks after I started using it. I use pressure when I press, not excessive, but I press my fingers firmly against my face before rolling them away.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
My technique is pretty basic as well. I just wet my face, then without drying my hands, squeeze the cleansing cream into my palm and rub my hands together. The consistency of the product in my hands is definitely more like a paste than a liquid. I do the press and roll process, then I remove the cleansing cream using a wet linen cloth. (I like the gentle exfoliation I get from the cloth, plus I hate the feeling of water dripping down my hands and wrists--a crazy pet peeve--and the cloth eliminates that.)
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
There was a thread on here describing exactly what to do, I hope that someone posts it. Maybe you could do a board search under "roll and press technique" or similar. There was a long thread about it here about a month ago.
Mabsy

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
shanno wrote:
My technique is pretty basic as well. I just wet my face, then without drying my hands, squeeze the cleansing cream into my palm and rub my hands together. The consistency of the product in my hands is definitely more like a paste than a liquid. I do the press and roll process, then I remove the cleansing cream using a wet linen cloth. (I like the gentle exfoliation I get from the cloth, plus I hate the feeling of water dripping down my hands and wrists--a crazy pet peeve--and the cloth eliminates that.)

This is exactly what I do, except that I just rinse it off in the end. Some do leave it on for a bit like a mask, I do this if I'm using it in the shower. The consistency of it is supposed to be like a paste - not too watery. HTH
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I wet my face and then use about a half inch of the cleansing cream patting a bit in each area forhead cheeks and chin.

Then I press and roll the cream over my face for at least 2 minutes just like my electric toothbrush Very Happy adding a bit of water if it dries out.

I then rinse it off and use an Oil of Olay foaming cleansing cloth to get rid of the rest. I can't use the cream if I don't do that step, and I don't get the dramatic results using just the cleansing cloth alone or cream alone (I cut the cloths in half to get the most out of the box).
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
i did the same technique, press and roll, but i found it is a little bit difficult to do press and roll on my nose and under it, don't you think so??
after cleansing, I do feel a very thin layer of oil on my face but i can still accept it
however, i don't feel much better after using it as it waste time on application, so i may not buy it next time
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |