Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

CO Laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Was wondering if anyone has used this? Want to remove deep lines around my mouth, seems to be the way to go to get rid of them permanently.. Any advice??
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Do you mean C02 ?
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
OOPS yes !
COMPTON
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
isn't C02 what they use for paintball guns? How does it work?
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
The CO2 is a seriously invasive laser which involves a lot of risks. I personally think for those risks to be worth it you need to have pretty severe wrinkling and or acne scarring. It is done under sedation and you need at least three weeks to hide out. Trust me I have seen someone immediately after(no it wasn't me) and it was scary to see the depth of damage done to the skin. She got great results overall but had severe acne scarring as well as sun damage. She says she would never do it again. It was painful as well as she ended up with some hyperpigmentation. Her face was also red for months after which was hard to hide with makeup.

HTH
Sherri
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh well thats that !!! Whats next on the list Rolling Eyes
Kat2006
5% products discount

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone actually done this?? I had a consultation at a local spa about some of their services and I have to say the results in the photos for this were incredible. Also, the doctor said the recovery time varies depending on how deep they went. It can take 3 weeks of recovery if you have a very deep treatment due to extensive damage. However, there are also sessions that could only take 1 week recovery. If you ask me, based on what I saw, it totally looks worth it, it's like starting out with brand new skin and it also stimulates collagen production.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls,
I would look into Restylane and Botox for laughlines, if I had the $$$ that is. Much less invasive and good results, I understand. The latest word on Restylane (hyaluronic acid injectable) is that it does stimulate collagen production, so it may be more than just a "Bandaid". You go first!
I had CO2 laser to my crow's feet and undereye area ~ 7yrs ago and NEVER AGAIN!!! Oh I was ugly! FOr about a month I was RED RED RED peeling weeping oozing. Now the areas are smooth but hypopigmented and I still have crow's feet when I smile!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen the results on people who have had the CO2 done and they looked fantastic and they said the down time wasn't that bad.

I had a consultation regarding this and was told I would need several treatments and that it was quite expensive, something like $1000 a pop.

I had Resty and Botox done and it did nothing for me and that was $700. The resty put around the edges of my lips turned the skin white. I had to look like that for 6 months.

I am still up in the air about having the CO2 treatments but boy the results are pushing me in that direction.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
The CO2 treatments are also more permanent, as the resty, juvaderm, radiesse, etc. will all wear off.
If you've got the time for rehab, I would do it. That's what prompted me towards fraxel, a more permanent solution. If you have it done, be sure and get an RX for Biafine for healing. It would have meant a world of difference for me on recovery, had I found it sooner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
The CO2 treatments are also more permanent, as the resty, juvaderm, radiesse, etc. will all wear off.
If you've got the time for rehab, I would do it. That's what prompted me towards fraxel, a more permanent solution. If you have it done, be sure and get an RX for Biafine for healing. It would have meant a world of difference for me on recovery, had I found it sooner.

I wrote "Biafine" down from your post regarding your fraxel treatments. If I decide to do the CO2 I WILL get an RX for this per your suggestion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
IMO what you use post-procedure is very important in the healing process and I don't think we always get sent out the door with the best after-care instructions. Sad My extra dry raisen-prune chin would have been so happy and had far less healing time and breakout from trying to keep it hydrated. Hydration is the key to healing w/o clogging the pores.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |