Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
This cream comes in a metal tube with 50 ml of product.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-cleansing-cre-p_2038.htm

Squeeze out aprox. 1/2 inch of cream and I tap it on the main areas forhead, cheeks, and chin. Be prepared to reminisce about the benefits of barley and hops as the smell does remind me of beer. Think I then press and roll for about 2 minutes slowly adding more water before I rinse. With the press and roll remember you don't use the type of pressure you would if you were rolling out bread dough. Use a gentle pressure. Dancing It took awhile to get the hang of the press and roll but I stuck with it and the results have made friends comment about how good my skin looks. One thing I do that may differ from others is the used of a foaming cleansing cloth after using the cream to get rid of the residue.

Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream is reasonably priced and unless you have a bad reaction (not everyone can use the same product or we'd all be buying a bar of soap a pot of generic cream and call it a day) can make a big difference in the size of pores and blackheads. I've noticed that I'm getting less breakouts and my skin is very soft. Very Happy
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I agree Rufus, this is a great cleanser I have restarted using it everyday now & my skin is looking so much better than before.
for Dr H! Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I still love this cleanser - no other cleanser cleans out my pores as well as this does! After two weeks of twice daily use my skin was glowing and pores were invisible Cool
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
Yes I agree Rufus, this is a great cleanser I have restarted using it everyday now & my skin is looking so much better than before.
for Dr H! Very Happy

I notice that sometimes I take a product for granted and stop using it only to rediscover it later. This stuff may smell funny but it does a great job with the blackheads and pores. Razz
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I still love this cleanser - no other cleanser cleans out my pores as well as this does! After two weeks of twice daily use my skin was glowing and pores were invisible Cool

This is one cream that I know I will buy up a quantity of to make sure I don't run out. As a matter of fact I have 2 spare in the goodies cupboard. Do you use any of the other Dr. H products as religiously? Wink
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
When I swap this with Jurlique's face wash cream, I always notice really nice results on the first few uses, but I can't believe how fast I go through these things!! I ordered 3 full size tubes and used them up within 2 months...
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
When I swap this with Jurlique's face wash cream, I always notice really nice results on the first few uses, but I can't believe how fast I go through these things!! I ordered 3 full size tubes and used them up within 2 months...

Okay, you gotta stop eating the stuff it's for your face Dancing Dancing j/k

How much do you use each time cause I've been on the first tube for almost a month now and have half left. Question
Mabsy

Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I have one open, one "in waiting" and two Jurliques also "in waiting" Smile

Miranets - one 40mL tube usualy lasts me 4-5 weeks of twice daily use...
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:

This stuff may smell funny but it does a great job with the blackheads and pores. Razz

I actually have started to quite like the "funny" smell now, especially when I use it in the shower & I can really smell the aromas from all the essential oils & plant extracts...it's very calming Laughing

It does definitely do a good job getting rid of blackheads, even more so than my beloved LP Hydro Repair AHA/BHA night cream.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I love the scent of the Cleansing Cream, my skin always looks fresh and radient after using this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I love the scent of the Cleansing Cream, my skin always looks fresh and radient after using this.

I couldn't believe how good my skin felt even after using it the first time, it (the cream) was very soothing. One thing a friend of mine noticed was that my skin is less shiny. Think of all those years I used the oil free products because of my oily skin Brick wall now I'm on a combo of Dr. H and Decleor products which have made a world of difference.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
rosebud wrote:

I couldn't believe how good my skin felt even after using it the first time, it (the cream) was very soothing. One thing a friend of mine noticed was that my skin is less shiny. Think of all those years I used the oil free products because of my oily skin Brick wall now I'm on a combo of Dr. H and Decleor products which have made a world of difference.

i second you. these two brands (Dr Hauschka and Decleor) have made my skin so much calmer and smoother. i use DHCC and Decleor cleansing oil (it works wonders i tell you!) for cleansing.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
gosa wrote:
Rufus wrote:
rosebud wrote:

i second you. these two brands (Dr Hauschka and Decleor) have made my skin so much calmer and smoother. i use DHCC and Decleor cleansing oil (it works wonders i tell you!) for cleansing.

I've had some friends ask what I've been doing for my skin and I tell them. I don't buy many products at the drug store anymore because of Essential Day Spa.

Now you make me wonder if it's time to get some Decleor cleansing oil...darn it Wink
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Because there have been questions about how to use the Cleansing Cream I've transcribed part of the handout that comes with the CC. Very Happy

Quote:
Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream

Application: Remove make-up and moisten face well with warm water. (Ideally the neck, upper part of chest and ear lobes are included.)

Squeeze 1/2 inch of Cleansing Cream onto hand, mix with warm water and spread between wet hands.

Begin to work the Cleansing Cream in with a rolling and pressing movement of the palms and fingers.

Avoid the eye area. DO NOT RUB OR SCRUB.

Rinse thoroughly with warm water, and follow with a splash of cool water (Use tepid water throughout for sensitive skin.)

The length of time that Cleansing Cream is worked into the skin varies with each skin condition:

Normal or dry: 1 to 2 minutes

Sensitive: 30 to 60 seconds

Oily or impure: 3 to 5 minutes.

Complete the cleansing process by applying Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner, Clarifying Toner, Rhythmic Night Conditioner or Rhythmic Conditioner, Sensitive.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
got this when i was in europe and it was a lot cheaper there!!
the tube looks tiny but actually it lasted for quite some time..it smells similar to jurlique cleansing clay mask
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I cant wait until my order gets here... so excited! After all the raves and praises I am virtually dying to try it, I just hope I wont fall flat on my face since my expectation is so high.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
would you recommend cleansing using DHCC *plus* Dermatologica daily microfoliant one after another together? or use only one of them (i.e. morning with DHCC and evening with microfoliant?)

kinda having a hard decision to make here! both are really good yet will they supplement each other's action??

gosa
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
gosa wrote:
would you recommend cleansing using DHCC *plus* Dermatologica daily microfoliant one after another together? or use only one of them (i.e. morning with DHCC and evening with microfoliant?)

kinda having a hard decision to make here! both are really good yet will they supplement each other's action??

gosa

That's a hard one, like when have we exfoliated enough Embarassed I can see the system of one in the morning and the other working for someone with normal skin. You could also consider one day with one product, then the next day with the other.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
xxophelia wrote:
I cant wait until my order gets here... so excited! After all the raves and praises I am virtually dying to try it, I just hope I wont fall flat on my face since my expectation is so high.

I started with a small sample and was skeptical about any results at all. I figure if you don't expect too much any improvement is appreciated Wink But that said, I wouldn't go a day without my DHCC! Expect a purging phase where things will get a bit worse before better. I find that I get a break out in an area, that heals and I don't get anything in that area again. So, barring any hormonal or stressful event, my skin has slowly improved over the past month or so.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I think I am experiencing the purging phase now... still trying to hang in there... as the overall effect sans the pimples have been great!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
I think I am experiencing the purging phase now... still trying to hang in there... as the overall effect sans the pimples have been great!

My feeling was that it took some time to damage my skin, so I had to be prepared to be patient and expect a few bumps Embarassed on the way Wink
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I gave this a good run...it didn't work for me. Confused
Sad. But I know that everything doesn't work for everybody.

So...I'm resigned to my DHCC-free existence.
I really wanted to like this product after all the raves!

5% products discount

Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I love this cleanser! It works great and smells so nice! It is unlike any cleanser I have ever used. I also like the cleansing milk.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
too complicated process for me,i purchased several dh cleanings,and in the end i hate myself.
it always adhere to my eyelash,and make my eyes uncomfortable.
Neutral
hindoss
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
It is my one of my favorite cleanser
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |