Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My month-long experiment of Rare Minerals vs ordinary MMU
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
... I think you'd be better off buying the raw ingredients from TKB Trading website and making your own -- it'll be much cheaper in both the long AND short run then buying a new tub of RareMinerals....

Surprised GOOD GRIEF!! I just went to TKB and looked up the ingredients, and was staggered to find how low the cost would be! Exclamation

I hope TKB ship to the UK. I just emailed them asking them.

Thanks carekate.
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:30 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Would you let us know what they say?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
valkyrie wrote:
catski wrote:

Yes, they seem fine about it, and shipping is perfectly reasonable.

I've ordered the things and my career as an alchemist is about to begin!
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
valkyrie wrote:
catski wrote:

Yes, they seem fine about it, and shipping is perfectly reasonable.

I've ordered the things and my career as an alchemist is about to begin!

Thank you! I'll be ordering some things as well then Smile
twynklestar

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I'm researching about mineral finishing powders that are beneficial for my mom, who's 55 years old, with dry skin. And we live in a tropical climate.

Is this recipe of silk/pearl/zinc oxide/titanium dioxide still recommended for dry and mature skin?

I appreciate any help regarding this matter. Thanks!! :)
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to check out Every Day Minerals--they have lots of small samples, lots of colors and no bismuth, parabens or other junk in them. I'm not using loose minerals right now other than for "dress-up", but this is my brand of choice. www.everydayminerals.com
twynklestar

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hey! Thanks so much for your advice, I'll do just that. :)
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
well this thread gives me something to think about...i still can't imagine myself putting on powder before going to bed...

but what you say definitely makes sense...

but im still scared of clogged pores even if it's not suppose to do it...i swear even air clogs my pores. lol
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
wow half face experiment i never try it before now may i should try it

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
i bought this last year when i was in cali and used it every night for two weeks and found that my skin was a lot tighter than pre-use. two weeks is probably not enough time to get rid of my pores or see a dramatic difference but i didn't like having a tightttttttttt face, it literally felt like i tied my hair up too tightly. so i gave it to my mom but she doesn't and she hasn't been using it on a regular basis.
CaryBear
5% products discount

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I have to admit, when I read Mary's post I thought..."Powder on my face at night?!"
I thought about it, and tried Silk and Rice powder. I would wake to clearer skin, but I want the benefits that Zinc Oxide would provide. I ordered some, but in the meantime I wanted to try and see...so I used Gold Bond Medicated powder on my face at night! GB has salicylic acid and zinc listed as the main ingredients, followed bu menthol and talc. Clearly the menthol and talc are not what I want...but the experiment proved beneficial! I have my Zinc powder now, and I am waiting on Pearl powder, and I have silk powder. I am convinced the theory behind powdering your face before bed is an excellent one, considering that is the time when is most active in both repair and sebum production. Thank you to Mary who led me and others to this terrific idea!! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri May 10, 2024 10:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |