Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)
L'Oreal Star Confessions Color Riche lipstick
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
So these are limited edition lipsticks "inspired" by stars. Gimmicky? Yes. Did I buy into it? Totally. There's five different shades with matching liners. The lipstick comes in a chic, shiny black tube with gold accents and is "signed" by the woman whom it's named for.

I choose "Aishwarya's Beige" because it seemed the most neutral, and I was shopping for a nude color at the time. ( I didn't get the liner because I never use one). It's a nice color, seems like it would work for most skintones. It has a slight shimmer and makes my lips look moist and plump. But you know what? I have no idea who Aishwarya Rai is! The other ones I did know, Andi McDowell (a shimmery bright pink), Eve Longoria (dark caramel), Laetitia Casta (super mica-ed pink champagne)-- didn't like those colors. There was a dark berry as well, but I knew I'd never use that color.

I've used Color Riche in the past and it seems they've improved the formula. It doesn't dry out and has good staying power. It's enriched with Omega-3 and Vitamin E so it's good for your lips. It has the same sort of scent it did years ago-- sort of a cosmetic-y, powdery smell that I could do without.

It seems like the drugstore cosmetic companies, mostly Revlon and Loreal, have been doing this-- using movstars as "inspiration" for certain color palettes. I guess it's good marketing, afterall it worked on me. I just have to wonder? Does Aishwarya really wear her beige?
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Ha.. I bought that particular shade too and find it a really nice, totally neutral nude shade and suitable for any daytime occasion. I found most of the other celebrity's shades to be a bit too dark and/or bright for me but I have repurchased that one. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Aishwarya Rai is a gorgeous Bollywood filmstar! Very Happy
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Aishwarya Rai is also considered the most beautiful girl in the world.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Aishwarya Rai is a gorgeous Bollywood filmstar! Very Happy

I searched her, and though I want to say, "Oh, right, HER!" she still isn't familiar. Confused She is quite beautiful. AND she has a nice lipstick named after her.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I have the eva longoria shade in dark caramel and it is a lovely colour..it has golden undertones which makes it a good lipstick for day and if you can build the colour up for night. I used a lancome juicytube on top in choc fudge and this gave it a nice lift.

That said, it does not smell good (hence the juicy tube) and it dried out my lips pretty quick so you need to reapply...not the best quality but for the price not bad... loreal also does some pretty cool holographic glosses

i will try the beige based on the good stuff u gals said here...but i get bored of lipsticks easily (never finished a tube)...hence i usually buy palettes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to get the Beige but accidentally got the Laetitia Champagne. It's really more of a cool-toned, medium rose-pink with gold shimmer that borders on being frosty. REALLY not attractive with my skintone, but the quality of the lipstick is nice. I will go back to get the Beige, still Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
nikkilici0us wrote:
Aishwarya Rai is also considered the most beautiful girl in the world.

yeah Julia Roberts said that too!...and I am big fan of both of them!.....I certainly think Ash is verrry beautiful.....But she comes out to me as a show-piece kind of a beauty....like a fantastic statue made out of marble.....Though her acting skills have improved a lot!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Aishwarya Rai is in the movie "Bride and Prejudice" (too bad Jane Austen can't get residuals in heaven) made by the director Gurinder Chadha better known for "Bend it like Beckham". Razz
System
Automatic Message
Fri May 10, 2024 4:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |