Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anyone know the Ph of IS Clinical Active Serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Title says it. I'm trying to avoid either finding my Ph test strips or buying new ones. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Tricia
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Mine tests at 3.8 HTH'S Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
so what SHOULD our cosmetics test at? I wuold love to get some strips and test all my goodies!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Our skin needs a slightly acidic PH to maintain the acid mantle protection barrier that wards off bacteria. PH 7 is considered neutral - above 7 is alkaline - and below 7 is acidic. Although most skin care products are formulated to be PH compatible with the human skin mantle, you can test your products to be sure. They should test in about the range of 3.5 to 5.5, give or take slightly. HTH's Smile

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I contacted IS Clinical and they said the pH of their Active Serum was 2.5... which I think would be way to harsh. Maybe not, haven't tried it, and for $110 for one ounce I don't think I will be any time soon!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
but actually glycolic needs to be around 2.5 to exfoliate from what I remember. So what they're saying is right, but someone asked before about this and I thought the reason it really didn't do anything for me might be because it tests at 3.8 or so (was around that last time too). I wonder why there's this discrepency between what they say and what we've tested it at? Can someone else test it too?

Can you adjust this stuff yourself with something because I've still got two thirds of a pot?
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
It didnt do much for me as well....and it took me a whole bottle to realize that Rolling Eyes
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if people who found this product a real wow received bottles nearer the specified 2.5 mark and whether it goes wobbly in transit? I remember reading something about a user having it evaporate on the plane over to Greece. I'm in China and I think Mithai's in Hong Kong.

Mabsy's in Australia. Lin's in Vienna. Neither of them found it effective either.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I recalled reading something about Acitive serum pH awhile back here is the link:http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11997&start=50 Go to the third page.
They got a pH of 4.5 for their Active serum!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Theresa - that was the discussion I was remembering the PH from. I'd forgotten exactly what it was.

Gratifying to see how awful I thought my skin was looking back then too because it's looking great again these days Very Happy It all works!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I wonder if people who found this product a real wow received bottles nearer the specified 2.5 mark and whether it goes wobbly in transit? I remember reading something about a user having it evaporate on the plane over to Greece. I'm in China and I think Mithai's in Hong Kong.

Mabsy's in Australia. Lin's in Vienna. Neither of them found it effective either.

I seem to be getting really good results so far from my Active serum, even though it tested at 3.8. My face is much more even toned and smooth since I started using it! The clarity seems a little better as well, although I could attribute the clarity to the PSF Retinol Nite Repair 1%, even though I'm only using it every 4 or 5 nites. The Active serum is definitely making a difference IMO! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Molly, I dont have any little papers to test mine, but i dont find Active that wonderful and mine was shipped to Japan... Mind you, I only use it 2-3 nights a week (I am also using it up by adding a couple of drops each time I make my lip exfoliator since I dont use sugar or asprin in it)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm...mine tests out at about 3.5. This is my second bottle, and I really don't think it's as strong on my skin as the first bottle I had. I have VERY tough skin that I thought nothing would bother until I tried Active Serum. It made me turn red and peel like nothing else ever has. I finally got to where I could tolerate it and it made a very noticeable, positive difference in my skin.

But since I've been using the second bottle, I haven't had that wow factor as much. It doesn't even tingle my skin at all. I thought I was just used to it, but maybe it's because the ph is higher?

I remember from other posts that people reported differences in the moisture complex from jar to jar and also that the Pro Heal (I think) seemed to have changed formula. I wonder if there's some inconsistency with the Active Serum as well.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies. That is a big help. I was wondering because a 3.5 is definitely out of the range of my BHA and I was verifying whether I could layer them. With that high of a #, it would nullify the effects of the BHA, which I do not want.

I think IS is a good line but have to agree w/another forum host that they are 1) very expensive and 2) there are much stronger actives for your $$.

I'm getting much faster results w/BHA (low Ph), Vivant's Mandelic Acid, CP serum and emu/HA combo. Not a slap against IS but I figured out shortly after buying it that there was a better plan for me.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

I'm getting much faster results w/BHA (low Ph), Vivant's Mandelic Acid, CP serum and emu/HA combo. Not a slap against IS but I figured out shortly after buying it that there was a better plan for me.

That is exactly what I bought in attempts to save some money & hopefully get the same result as I have been enjoing while using IS Clinical.
I just received it today, so I haven't tried it yet & I am still trying to heal those stubborn 2 blemishes that I developed while using IS Clinical. Shall I stick to my current skin care regime & wait to heal those pimples first or shall I try something new?

Scalawaggirl, do you mind sharing your AM & PM Routine please?!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:06 am      Reply with quote
i had my Active shipped to France and it *does* work for me -- well, much more so after i added the Firming Complex on top. mind you, i alternate every other night with Diacneal, but still.... i am loving it and will keep on using it. it has definitely made a difference in my skin.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Well bang goes the inter-continental theory then. Do planes fly lower over the Atlantic to France? Wink
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Shantel, I will warn you that it took me a bit of research (well a lot) to figure out the best approach with the products I'm using.

I don't necessarily recommend that you toss ISC as I do think it's a very good skincare line. It is possible that you may have had some breakouts from 1) starting a new skincare line (can take an ajustment) and 2) purging.

With regard to my skin, it is thick, very oily, prone to product/hormonal breakouts, large pores, LOTS of blackheads (I mean everywhere!) and I have uneven tone and quite a bit scattered acne scarring. I bring this up because you have to be very conscious that what works for me may not (and very likely) will not work in exactly the same manner for you. Having said that, here is my current routine:

AM
· Cleanse w/Devita aloe cleanser (use Clarisonic brush - manual exfoliation)
· (Intended) Spot treat scars/moles w/20% TCA then wash off after 5-10 minutes (still determining time)
· BHA 2% all over except nose; 5% on nose
· Mandelic acid all over (and lightly around eyes) - WAIT 30 minutes
· ISC Super serum (face, neck, chest and hands)
· Emu oil/HA all over & neck
· Eye complex or Cellcosmet eye cream
· SPF 30 Shiseido, if sunny and going to be out a lot - I rely on antioxidants, if not, which is most of the time

PM#1 (for 2 weeks - until 9/10; change to 5 drops CP/3 drops water)
· Cleanse w/Devita aloe cleanser (use Clarisonic brush - manual exfoliation)
· BHA 2% all over except nose; 5% on nose - WAIT 30 minutes
· CP Serum (4 drops CP/4 drops water) to face, hands
· Emu oil w/HA lightly applied
· TriReduction on neck/BND on décolletage
· Katee's Eye potion and/or Cellcosmet eye cream
· Spot treat scars/moles w/SuperCop 2x via CROSS method

Every 1-2 weeks, 25% glycolic or 35% DY fruit acid peel

For example, I use some pretty strong actives and have done so in a short amount of time. However, I am also paying careful, careful attention to my skin. At this point, I am post-flakeville from my glycolic peel of a week ago but things are once again looking rosy. I did stop all actives for one day due to this and just reapplied ultra emu/HA various times through the day, which helped a lot.

So, take it for what it's worth to you and remember to do your own research so you can understand why we use these products. I just want to make very sure that you don't hurt yourself because many people have had tough reactions, if they don't take it slow. Smile
Neutral

If you have any questions, let me know and I or another forum member can help.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Shantel, I will warn you that it took me a bit of research (well a lot) to figure out the best approach with the products I'm using..........

Scalawaggirl, thank you so much for your detailed reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Yes, I got all my actives @ dianayvonne & so far I am very satisfied.

That's what I ordered:

CSTE40 Salicylic Acid 2% 5 ML 1 $5.00 $5.00
CSTE69 Salicylic Acid 5% 5 ML 1 $5.00 $5.00
CSTE70 Lactic Acid Gel 10% 5 ML 1 $5.00 $5.00
CSTM48 Hyaluronic Moisturizer 5 ML 1 $3.75 $3.75
CSTP84 Wildberry & Kojic Acid 5 ML 1 $6.00 $6.00
LBS001 Clear Emu Oil 5 ML 1 $3.50 $3.50
SBS23 CP Serum 5 ML 1 $5.00 $5.00
VIVS70 Mandelic Acid 15% Serum 5 ML 1 $13.00 $13.00

Plus I was extremely thrilled & amazed to receive samples of their cleansers in my package as well! Delivery was very speedy... like 3 days after I placed my order. I can't say enough how much I am happy & satisfied with their service (and products)

I decided to take it slowly & add one-two new actives at a time.
First I started my routine AM & PM by using BHA (salicylic acid) 2% all over my face & 5% on my pimples... My pimples are still there, but I think I can see some progress... They are getting dried out & now they are flat - before I could definitely feel a bump underneath...

On the next day AM & PM I added Mandelic Acid after BAH 2% - my skin didn't look as red as a day before & didn't feel as tight

And today for AM I used just Mandelic acid & I think I will continue using just this acid. I noticed that my skin looks kind of irritated when I use Salicylic - not dry or peeling, but just red & not really healthy looking... With Mandelic Acid my skin have more even tone & it just looks better. Will Mandelic Acid alone be enough? I don't have to use it with Salicylic acid, right? Mandelic acid is BHA acid, correct? Also my pores are pretty clean currently, I don't have any blackheads... now my main skin concerns & goals are 1) to fight acne (I have like 2-3 major ones left - they are not inflamed now & there is light peeling going on, so I think I will be done with them soon), 2) prevent new ones from forming, 3) even my skin tone (I have some acne marks on my cheeks - they are unnoticeable when I am wearing make up, but they are definitely there). 4) my forehead --- grrrr I think I have some acne scars there... that I would like to fade...

I wish I knew how to post a picture here.... Oh well anyhow... back on topic:

Also after using salicylic acid I noticed my acne marks got a lit reder (more brighter & noticeable) - that I don't like, Mandelic Acid on the other hand doesn't really make them stand out & maybe even fading it a bit - its obviously to early to say... but I am really monitoring my skin pretty close & I think & hope my skin likes it.... I am also taking pictures of myself almost everyday (I am obsessed I know) in order to monitor any progress or regress...

I think my further plan will be to continue using Rose Hip Cleanser followed by Mandelic Acid all over the face (Salycrilic acid I might apply on my pimples before that - not sure though) & after 30 minutes wait time I will use HA with clear Emu Oil that I am doing now & liking combination HA+Emu a lot. I will leave all the other actives I bought for later, so my skin will have time to get used to Mandelic Acid first... I think the second active I will add soon will be Wildbery & Kojic Acid in hope to help me out with my uneven skin tone....

Then I am also considering using my JB Green Apple peel once a week again - because I remember liking it & it was very helpful in fading my acne marks.

I am going to add some antioxidants to my routine pretty soon... I am currently researching all the options available...I am sure will purchase some samples shortly... I would appreciate any recommendation/comments if you have. I am skeptical about vit. C because I remember trying it one time a while back & I hated it for some reasons... I don't really remember to much about it...

And I will never ever use LaurESS MMU foundation again - I used it twice so far - and after single time of using I am developing lots of pimples... I feel very sorry about that because I looove their colors....

Scalawaggirl, please let me know how is your progress going.... I see you are using CP Serum that I got but I will wait at least a week or two before adding anything new to my routine... , so I am curious anyway how do you like CP Serum?! Do you like Mandelic Acid?

PS I apologize for possible mistakes since English is not a native language for me.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
shantel wrote:

I decided to take it slowly & add one-two new actives at a time.
First I started my routine AM & PM by using BHA (salicylic acid) 2% all over my face & 5% on my pimples... My pimples are still there, but I think I can see some progress... They are getting dried out & now they are flat - before I could definitely feel a bump underneath...

On the next day AM & PM I added Mandelic Acid after BAH 2% - my skin didn't look as red as a day before & didn't feel as tight

Okay, sorry I didn't see this until just now. I use the BHA to help exfoliate my large pores and keep them clear of congestion. This is an ongoing battle for me and 5% BHA is what really helps with this. However, when I use Vivant Mandelic, I have to use 2% BHA. I am testing out the 15% mandelic acid, which does not irritate me at all so I will be trying it out w/5% only BHA (am currently layering over 2% in problem areas only): http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-private.html. If you do not have congested pores, the 5% may be too much and causing dryness. It could still be helpful to eradicate pimples quickly, though.

Quote:
And today for AM I used just Mandelic acid & I think I will continue using just this acid. I noticed that my skin looks kind of irritated when I use Salicylic - not dry or peeling, but just red & not really healthy looking... With Mandelic Acid my skin have more even tone & it just looks better. Will Mandelic Acid alone be enough? I don't have to use it with Salicylic acid, right? Mandelic acid is BHA acid, correct? Also my pores are pretty clean currently, I don't have any blackheads... now my main skin concerns & goals are 1) to fight acne (I have like 2-3 major ones left - they are not inflamed now & there is light peeling going on, so I think I will be done with them soon), 2) prevent new ones from forming, 3) even my skin tone (I have some acne marks on my cheeks - they are unnoticeable when I am wearing make up, but they are definitely there). 4) my forehead --- grrrr I think I have some acne scars there... that I would like to fade...

I wish I knew how to post a picture here.... Oh well anyhow... back on topic:

No, you don't have to use a separate BHA, it may be too much for your skin and since you do not have blackheads, I'd skip it. Mandelic has both BHA and AHAs. For posting pics, I usewww.Photobucket.com. You can drop [IMG] tags directly into your posts that link to the originals on Photobucket. Use the Preview feature to ensure they show up.

Quote:
I think my further plan will be to continue using Rose Hip Cleanser followed by Mandelic Acid all over the face (Salycrilic acid I might apply on my pimples before that - not sure though) & after 30 minutes wait time I will use HA with clear Emu Oil that I am doing now & liking combination HA+Emu a lot. I will leave all the other actives I bought for later, so my skin will have time to get used to Mandelic Acid first... I think the second active I will add soon will be Wildbery & Kojic Acid in hope to help me out with my uneven skin tone....

Then I am also considering using my JB Green Apple peel once a week again - because I remember liking it & it was very helpful in fading my acne marks.

I am going to add some antioxidants to my routine pretty soon... I am currently researching all the options available...I am sure will purchase some samples shortly... I would appreciate any recommendation/comments if you have. I am skeptical about vit. C because I remember trying it one time a while back & I hated it for some reasons... I don't really remember to much about it...

And I will never ever use LaurESS MMU foundation again - I used it twice so far - and after single time of using I am developing lots of pimples... I feel very sorry about that because I looove their colors....

Sounds like a good plan. The JB peel should be good for you. It did nothing for me but I have resistent skin! I currently use IS Clinical Super Serum for my antioxidant and will finish it up. Doubt that I will repurchase and will likely get a Vitamin C from PSF since I'm in love w/their products. Smile

Sorry to hear about the LaurESS foundation. That's the kicker when certain things break us out. MAC foundations did that immediately to me and I hated Jane Iredale liquid! I now use True Cosmetics pressed powder with a light brushing of Jane Iredale loose powder for color match. It does add a nice glow and no breakouts!

Quote:
Scalawaggirl, please let me know how is your progress going.... I see you are using CP Serum that I got but I will wait at least a week or two before adding anything new to my routine... , so I am curious anyway how do you like CP Serum?! Do you like Mandelic Acid?

PS I apologize for possible mistakes since English is not a native language for me.

My progress is going extremely well. I think I have just the right amount of exfoliation and CP usage. I am currently at 6 drops CP serum to 2 drops water applied each night. I have not had any uglies but I do believe I am seeing remodeling since some acne scars are getting bigger (this is a known reaction and only appears as such due to new skin pushing up). I am also seeing tiny lines surface where crows feet show up. I do not have any wrinkles yet but little lines here and there. These are more prominent now but I also attribute this to remodeling. As for the mandelic acid, I LOVE IT!!!

Don't worry about language at all, girl! French is my 2nd language and I make mistakes all the time! Just ask my fiancé - he's French Canadian but is kind enough to tell me how well I speak even w/my mistakes. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |