Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What ingredients do cause PURGING?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I would greatly appreciate any info on what ingredients do actually cause purging process.

I know that Yon-Ka Juvenil with active ingredients such as ichtiol, calendula, azulene, lime and the 5 Quintessence E.O. does cause lots of purging.

What other products (active ingredients) that caused purging for you? Thank you!

I just got a sample of Valmont White Falls cleanser that I would like to try, but I really want to avoid any possible purging. Does somebody know if the following ingredients will cause purging: Glacial Spring Water (Boosts cell metabolism), Sugar Esters Gentle (cleansing agent), Chamomile extract (Calming and decongesting), Corn Starch (Softening and soothing)?
Plus I got Valmont Vital Falls toner as well (Glacial Spring Water, Witch Hazel extract, Calendula extract, Chamomile extract), & since it contains calendula I think I will be better of to skip it.... but not sure though... please I would greatly appreciate any comments & suggestions! Thank you in advance!

P.S. Surprisingly enough I never experienced any purging with Dr. H staff! Think I just searched the board and found out that lots of people did experience purging phase with Dr. H products!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:11 am      Reply with quote
what you saw with people purging using Dr. H is because *every*body is different. what causes one person to purge and another not to is different in all of us. Calendula helps clear a lot of people of their acne, whilst it may set off others. the only way to know for sure what's right for you is to be ingredient savvy and pay attention to your face, how it reacts, etc., if you want to test other products.

i, for one, know that shea butter in any which way will break *me* out. that's my number one no-no. most people don't have a problem with it. it's really up to the individual. if you want to try other things, you have to be willing to take the leap. otherwise, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and avoid trying anything new.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your response La vie en rose!

I do believe in " if it ain't broke, don't fix it" concept, but seems like I am in constant search for a good cleanser + I am always curious to try other products & brands. As of right now I just can't afford any purging phase because I have a very important week ahead. But I don't think I like my current cleanser (Yon-Ka gel). Anyhow I do realize & believe that everybody is different, but I do believe as well that there are some ingredients that are more likely to cause purging than other. I might be wrong though.... My "no-no" list includes the following ingredients that known (in general) to cause skin irritation, allergic reactions, skin sensitivity, and/or sun sensitivity, so I tried to avoid those just to be safe than sorry. Here is the list:
Almond extract
Allspice
Angelica
Arnica
Balm mint oil
Balsam, basil
Bergamot
Cinnamon
Citrus
Clove
Clover blossom
Cornstarch
Coriander oil
Cottonseed oil
Fennel
Fir needle
Geranium oil
Grapefruit
Horsetail
Lavender oil
Lemon
Lemon balm
Lemongrass
Lime
Marjoram
Oak bark
Papaya
Peppermint
Rose
Sage
Thyme
Witch hazel
Wintergreen
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |