Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Vitamin C serum around eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm slowly getting sorted with better skincare - I'm sorry for lots of questions.

I want to start using a Vitamin C serum and I had decided on Cellular RX after reviews on here - however, I've just seen that they don't recommend it for round the eye area.

Which Vitamin C serum do people use round the eye area?

Thanks.
Emma
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Emma,

your questions aren't a bother at all! i actually enjoy answering questions and we all benefit from them Very Happy .

to answer your question, the vitamin c serum i use is skinceuticals eye gel aox+ for my eye area, but i don't apply all around the eyes. as the directions say:

"Once daily, using fingertips, apply a thin layer (1-2 drops) underneath the eyes and on the outside areas of the eye. Avoid upper eyelid. May be used along brow bone, avoiding eyebrows."

i only apply under my eyes and to the side a little. i had initially thought it was for all around the eyes. it kinda sucks because i feel like my top lids aren't getting as much protection as my whole face. i do wear a eye sunscreen with spf 30 though in addition to the serum.

you can check it out here:

http://www.skinceuticals.com/productItem.asp?productTypeID=2&productID=25#[/quote]

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your help.

I am doing lots of research before I embark on a new (hopefully effective) regime.
Very Happy
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I use PSF 12% on my face, throat and around my eyes...sort of on the bone...works fine Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Ruth - I've been looking into that one.
It seems like good value and a lot of people on here think it is stable.

How long does a bottle last you roughly before it turns?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious as to why it isn't generally recommended to apply Vit.C serum on the eyelids. It seems this is a part of the face many of us need help with!

Is it only because of the possible drying caused by Vit.C?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I think most of us put all and any C serums on our eyes - great place for them. I used to use the Cellularskin rx on mine regularly and it was fine.

Maybe they want to sell you an eye product instead.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
Ruth - I've been looking into that one.
It seems like good value and a lot of people on here think it is stable.

How long does a bottle last you roughly before it turns?

I don't know Emma2006, I'm on my first bottle and it's been open about 2 months I think...well, it's still good! but one thing that's definitley good about it is that it isn't drying at all...sometimes I don't apply any moisturizer after...

HTH

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I use Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Toning Gel (serum-texture with 10% l-ascorbic acid) and then layer the Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Firming Cream (10% l-ascrobic acid) on top of that. I like to put the cream on also because it keeps the undereye area moist during the day rather than just putting the serum under my eye by itself).
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006, you can take a look at Cellex-C eye products. They contain less concentration of VitC than than the face products, so more suitable for sensitive under eye area. I just started using their Eye Contour Gel, and it looks like it works, but I think it's too early to make a conclusion.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-eye-contour-gel-p_348.htm
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I use jansen beckett vit. c. I don't think I am ready to go any higher than that under there.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
I use Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Toning Gel (serum-texture with 10% l-ascorbic acid) and then layer the Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Firming Cream (10% l-ascrobic acid) on top of that. I like to put the cream on also because it keeps the undereye area moist during the day rather than just putting the serum under my eye by itself).

i think the correct % for the cellex-c advanced c eye toning gel is 5% and not 10%. that makes it the same as the skinceuticals aox eye gel. i might buy the cellex-c one after i am done with the aox, just to mix things up a little Smile .

mystypines--do you find the firming cream to be greasy at all? i wear dark eye makeup and always worry about smearing.

i have also thought about wearing my vit c serum for my face near the eye area but am always afraid of irritation. the c % is definitely higher for the face and i agree with razinkane with not going very much higher for the eye area. i tend to buy separate products for my eyes though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted:

Quote:
i do wear a eye sunscreen with spf 30 though in addition to the serum.

What sunscreen do you put on your eyes?
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am using PSF 20% around my eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Murad V-C Complex and it's quite irritating. I wouldn't use it around eyes.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use any active around the eyes, no problem ever, and I've been doing this for years, in fact decades. Laughing Sometimes I skip eye creams completely and just use normal moisturisers or other products as well.

But it's not for everyone. If you have sensitive eyes/wear contacts maybe it's not for you.

Avoiding getting the product on the lashes will help keep it out of the eye. If you smear it all over the lashes, it can easily slide down or smudge into the actual eye.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
Skincareaddicted:

Quote:

Hi Ninetynine,

I use clarins sun wrinkle control eye contour creme spf 30. i wrote a review a little while ago:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15121&highlight=clarins+wrinkle+eye

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I use Jan Marini easter c eye serum and love it
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
skincareaddicted -- i think the correct % for the cellex-c advanced c eye toning gel is 5% and not 10%. that makes it the same as the skinceuticals aox eye gel. i might buy the cellex-c one after i am done with the aox, just to mix things up a little Smile .

mystypines--do you find the firming cream to be greasy at all? i wear dark eye makeup and always worry about smearing.

Hi Skincareaddicted!

Both of the the Cellex-C products for eyes I mentioned above have 10% l-ascorbic acid.

http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=295&WID=%7B417F7E97%2D5ECF%2D44D0%2DAB26%2D5D4FA6F2D15C%7D

http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=296&WID=%7B417F7E97%2D5ECF%2D44D0%2DAB26%2D5D4FA6F2D15C%7D

I had originally looked at the SkinCeuticals AOX+ eye gel eye serum (actually this formula is new, I guess they discontinued the previous vit. c eye serum) but it had 5% l-ascorbic acid and I wanted something a little stronger and have been using Cellex-C's since March 2005 with wonderful results. I do use the SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic for face since January 2006 and before that used to use the SkinCeuticals C + AHA for face since January 2005. I love these Vit. C products. I firmly believe in Vit. C and its benefits. They are the only products that have made a real difference in my skin tone and its firmness. (I am 41).

The Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Firming Cream is not greasy at all. I find the SkinCeuticals eye balm (no Vit. C) that I also use a little heavier and use this at night.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi MystyPines--thanks for the correction. it was the cellex-c eye contour gel that has the 5% vitamin c. hmm, 10% sounds better to me, so i guess i will most definitely try that once i use up my skinceuticals aox eye gel.

i haven't tried any cellex-c products yet, but i am looking forward to the firming cream and eye gel now. i wholly agree with the benefits of vitamin c too Very Happy .

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Ninetynine wrote:
Skincareaddicted:

Quote:

Hi Ninetynine,

I use clarins sun wrinkle control eye contour creme spf 30. i wrote a review a little while ago:

This is an amazing sunsreen for around the eyes.
I wear it everyday.
We can't get it in Aus yet though.
Rolling Eyes

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15121&highlight=clarins+wrinkle+eye

HTH
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Emma, you can get it on ebay. someone occasionally puts brand new ones on there. it is amazing, i love it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have used both Skinceuticals 20% serum and ISC proheal under my eyes without problems. I used to get a seperate vit C eye product, but I decided it was a waste and just started using my facial vit C.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |