Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
JB cellulite cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I ordered some of the new JB items that Ian had gratiously offered last week - tried the cellulite cream a couple of days ago and my butt was on fire! Bright red and burning skin everywhere I put the cream - I'm assuming that this is not what is supposed to happen when using a cellulite cream! My guess is I have a sensitivity to something in the product, has anyone else experienced similar problems?
Shirley M
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are right, it is not supposed to happen. You should really try Cellex-C Body Smoothing cream. After I apply it, I feel my jeans are a lot more lose! Shock Very Happy
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
hehe, thanks skincare, I'll give the cellex-c a try - I'm going to the Dominican in a month and would like my butt to look a little less like cottage cheese!
Shirley M
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
lol Have fun at your trip no matter what!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, just want to pipe in that one of the supplements I take is Lipo 6 for just this problem. It took me awhile to get results but I am almost completely cellulite free at this point and I had quite a bit even though I am petite. Hereditary, gotta love that.

One of the main ingredients is synthetic Guggulsterones from the guggul plant from India. There is another that I don't recall at the moment but you should take care if you drink a lot of coffee or red wine as this cn cause conflicts. I don't drink either except rarely so it's not a problem for me.

I am also taking this to help control my oil and will be switching to it exclusively when the Lipo6 runs out: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/guggul.html

I only take 1 a day of the guggul right now for the oil, it is helping, but the added benefit is that it also is keeping me slim.

Thought you might like to know.
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info scalawagirl, it didn't even occur to me to start from the inside out (I work out regularly and try to eat properly, have the same hereditary cellulite problem as you!). Do you feel that taking the guggul supplement alone will keep up the good work in the cellulite dept.? I will give the web site a try, hopefully they ship to Canada!

And thank you skincare - I will for sure enjoy myself no matter what - who cares if I don't look perfect in a swimsuit! Laughing
Shirley M
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Shirley M wrote:
Thanks for the info scalawagirl, it didn't even occur to me to start from the inside out (I work out regularly and try to eat properly, have the same hereditary cellulite problem as you!). Do you feel that taking the guggul supplement alone will keep up the good work in the cellulite dept.? I will give the web site a try, hopefully they ship to Canada!

Yes, I'm like you, workout, eat mostly right and the stupid stuff never budged. I actually wore shorts this summer, something I haven't done in years! As for the guggul supp, yes, I believe it will continue to work so am going to try out only using it when the Lipo6 is gone. If it doesn't, well, back to the basics. Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
How long did it take you to start seeing results with the Lipo 6? And what dose are you using?

Must admit that I'm always a little worried about the safety of such supplements, but it certainly sounds very interesting!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
How long did it take you to start seeing results with the Lipo 6? And what dose are you using?

Must admit that I'm always a little worried about the safety of such supplements, but it certainly sounds very interesting!

Took about 3 months for the cellulite to be largely gone. I understand the safety concern but did a lot of reseach on them and personally, was convinced that they are fine for me. The guggul is fantastic and will always be in my bag of tricks.

If you do a search on the web about Lipo6, you'll find some background on the ingredients. I don't use it as an end-all solution but it did do the work that I could never do with all the healthy-eating and exercise...get rid of the cellulite. For me, it's worth it for this alone. I do not take the recommended dosage (4/day) but only 2 and as I mentioned, I will be phasing it out in lieu of the straight guggul soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Since I always get excited about possible cellulite solutions, I googled Lipo 6 and came up with the following link. It was definitely enough to make me think twice about purchasing the product, but I hate cellulite! Why can't there be a perfect remedy without having to put your heath at risk!?!

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/youropinions.php?opinionid=5997
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
you must be gettting an allergic reaction to something in the product. Have you checked the expiration date on this cellulite cream?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
makeupfiend wrote:
Since I always get excited about possible cellulite solutions, I googled Lipo 6 and came up with the following link. It was definitely enough to make me think twice about purchasing the product, but I hate cellulite! Why can't there be a perfect remedy without having to put your heath at risk!?!

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/youropinions.php?opinionid=5997

I saw that link during my research and if you read it, the guy posted this to support a lawsuit claim. The ingredient he referenced is known to be a bit problematic for people who drink a lot of red wine or coffee, neither of which I do. So, there is not reference to the rest of his lifestyle. As such, I dismissed it because I further researched the product and felt that it was safe for me to use. I mentioned, I think, that I only take 2/day and it has has not odd effect other than helping clear my cellulite.

Hope that helps but we must each make our own decisions.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Shirley M, I had the same reaction and was scared after the first use, but then I took a look at the ingredients list. The cream contains methyl nicitinate that dialates your vessels, that's why we had red butts. Laughing So, I think it's supposed to be like this for cream to work. I use it every day, and the redness after applying the cream is not so bad anymore. Wink
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
In regards to Lipo 6 not sure how it really works for cellulite just by taking it and not doing anything else. This is basically a diet supplement just like Trimspa and any other diet pills out there. I used to take it since my friend recommended it to me for weight loss I should know better than to take diet supplements because to be honest, there may be some health risks involved in taking these down the road. When it comes to diet pills a lot of companies put in fillers and other ingredients that just aren't good for the body and may have adverse effects.

I took it on and off, but I would never say it got rid of my butt cellulite Laughing . If anything people use supplements like this in conjuction with diet and exercise to lose weight. I've stop taking diet supplements and would personally not take any supplements now knowing what I know to get rid of cellulite. It's just not really made for that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
In regards to Lipo 6 not sure how it really works for cellulite just by taking it and not doing anything else. This is basically a diet supplement just like Trimspa and any other diet pills out there. I used to take it since my friend recommended it to me for weight loss I should know better than to take diet supplements because to be honest, there may be some health risks involved in taking these down the road. When it comes to diet pills a lot of companies put in fillers and other ingredients that just aren't good for the body and may have adverse effects.

I took it on and off, but I would never say it got rid of my butt cellulite Laughing . If anything people use supplements like this in conjuction with diet and exercise to lose weight. I've stop taking diet supplements and would personally not take any supplements now knowing what I know to get rid of cellulite. It's just not really made for that.

I agree with your comments and was sharing what has worked for me. I had chronic cellulite problems and researched the product prior to taking it; however, I do eat well and also exercise regularly so it was a "logical" addition for me. My home office is also a gym with a treadmill and a Bowflex and I own about 40 different workout DVDs. Suffice it to say that I live a fairly healthy lifestyle but my cellulite was hereditary; you could take one look at my mother and see that. Smile Even with all of my years of exercise, work on my digestive, lymphatic and circulatory systems (greatly improved, BTW), I still had the cellulite.

Here's a link that does a decent job of explaining all of the ingredients in the product:

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/ephedra-free-lipo-6.html

As mentioned, I plan to move straight to Guggul (one of the main ingredients though Lipo 6's are synthetic) when I run out of the Lipo 6, which will be awhile since I only take 2 a day, anyway. Whether or not it was made for cellulite is not the issue in my mind since it actually did assist me to get rid of mine. I have taken it almost everyday, though, and it did take awhile to see the results. Your comments are sound, though, it is not (nor is anything) the magic bean solution. It takes effort on all fronts.

I have to tell you that I'm pleased with my success so far and am happy that I now look really, really good naked. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl

I'm glad it's working for you. Please becareful though. Not sure if diet pills are intended to be taken for an extended period of time. Just trying to look out for ya Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent point, Ariesextreme. I think that has given me food for thought so I'll retire the Lipo 6 early and just stick with my Guggul (I take this as it helps my oily skin stay under control).

Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info ladies, and I'm glad the red-butt-thing has happened to someone else jumpingball - I'll stick with it for a while (maybe use a little less!) and see how that works out!

Scalawaggirl, my skin is also quite oily, I'm thinking of trying the guggul and hope it will help both of my problems - will keep you updated! And I also have to let you know - after seeing your before and after pics using the JM eyelash serum I am going to put myself in debt and purchase some tonight! Very Happy
Shirley M
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I have the cellulite cream on the way and can't wait to try it, but it sounds like it probably will make my skin red. I work out doing body sculpting and yoga/pilates every day, drink tons of water and eat well but heredity has left it's marks too. I also walk on my treadmill and that helps. I'm hoping to get rid of that last little bit on the inner thigh that squates and lunges just haven't gotton to yet after 3 years. I'll post back when I try it and let you know if it makes my skin red.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
hi!
Always interested in ideas to get rid of cellulite!
I don't really like the sound of the lipo 6 thingy but the guggol sounds interesting. Does this product have any side effects? Are there other ingredients thrown in as well? Is it natural? Sorry, I did look at the website, but the jargon always confuses me slightly! Confused
A supplement sounds like a much better idea than slapping creams on.
Very Happy
D

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
oooh and I forgot............... It helps with oily skin!!!!! Very Happy A miracle product, please tell me more!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Coming in very late on this thread, I have always heard about the wonders of dry brushing for cellulite. Our wonderful sharer of info scalawaggirl posted a link on another thread for this technique, Im gonna give it a go and report back in a month or so.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
hi!
Always interested in ideas to get rid of cellulite!
I don't really like the sound of the lipo 6 thingy but the guggol sounds interesting. Does this product have any side effects? Are there other ingredients thrown in as well? Is it natural? Sorry, I did look at the website, but the jargon always confuses me slightly! Confused
A supplement sounds like a much better idea than slapping creams on.
Very Happy
D

I haven't been able to find any negative side effects at all other than increased body temperature (wouldn't say it's negative, actually) but it's not noticeable other than the fact that I actually stay warmer now. I'm one of those people who are normally always chilled.

A friend of mine originally told me about this as one of the positive side effects is managing oil. The reason it's popular w/the body building crowd, is that a lot them use steroids, which increase oil production. The link is to a proprietary formula that includes another fat burner so no, it's not completely "natural".

Up until yesterday, I was only taking one (as my friend noticed this helped w/the oil) but I'm going to switch over to 1 tablet 2x/day w/meals for the increased oil control help and not take the Lipo 6. For weight loss, they recommend 1-2 tabs 3x/day w/meals.

If you want a completely natural guggul, you might try a search but it seems elusive to find the BROWN variety. Perhaps, a search for Indian Ayurvedic therapies would yield a result. I might do that at some point but will use up the Guggul supps I have first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the helpful info, scalawaggirl.

Now I'm wondering whether the Guggol stuff would cause my already dry skin to dry out more! Laughing

There's never a completely straightforward, simple solution to stuff like cellulite, is there! Crying or Very sad
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Coming in very late on this thread, I have always heard about the wonders of dry brushing for cellulite. Our wonderful sharer of info scalawaggirl posted a link on another thread for this technique, Im gonna give it a go and report back in a month or so.

It's VERY good for cellulite and keeping the skin beautifully exfoliated. In fact, when I get "itchy" (if I've been lazy w/dry brushing), it's a sign to get back going! It's also great for snapping the skin back into shape after weight loss, kicking the lymph system into gear and helping circulation.

My skin is stupid soft - even my feet. Highly recommend it. Here's the link to the web site giving a good explanation:

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/HealingTechniques/Dry_Brushing_Technique.htm

Oh yeah, use a natural sisal brush like this:
http://www.yerba.com/storefront/item.asp?id=73

I use these and cleanse w/a few drops of grapefruite essential oil every few days. When they wear out, you can use them in the shower!

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |