Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My ZENBIOTIC journal - an ongoing review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Liz,

Long time no see. How are you?

I am glad to hear you're still using ZB. From reading the prior posting, i am a bit worried about the pH of certain products, and am unconvinced by ZB's explanation. I could probably tweak everything a bit with ACV to bring the pH down and feel more comfortable using the products. The high pH of the cleanser does remind me how many users love bar soaps given how basic they are. they never seem to work for my face but body wise, it's always been fine.

I am planning on using a cleanser i just bought in conjunction with my last facial, then retin-A, then the toner and phyto moisture. i will be alternating with my osea APC and drops of squalane oil when necessary. i always value your opinion, does this routine sound ok? thanks Liz!

kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi Liz,

Long time no see. How are you?

I am glad to hear you're still using ZB. From reading the prior posting, i am a bit worried about the pH of certain products, and am unconvinced by ZB's explanation. I could probably tweak everything a bit with ACV to bring the pH down and feel more comfortable using the products. The high pH of the cleanser does remind me how many users love bar soaps given how basic they are. they never seem to work for my face but body wise, it's always been fine.

I am planning on using a cleanser i just bought in conjunction with my last facial, then retin-A, then the toner and phyto moisture. i will be alternating with my osea APC and drops of squalane oil when necessary. i always value your opinion, does this routine sound ok? thanks Liz!

kris

Hi Kris! I'm doing fine thanks---- it's great to see you!^-^ Actually I think your routine sounds really awesome. I don't use the ZB cleanser either---- right now I use one from Ice Elements instead. (Although I do use the Rinseless Cleanser in the morning since I don't need to remove any make up or anything and my skin loves that.) The retin-a is also a good idea--- I use taz which is pretty similar. The only thing I would warn is that in the winter time the Phyto Moisture will probably not be quite hydrating enough on its own, so depending on your skin you might want to follow it up with your squalane drops, etc. I always follow the phyto moisture with the moisture enrich, and it makes my skin so dewy---- it's probably one of my top 5 fave products ever, so if you find you like the phyto moisture but it's not quite hydrating enough for you, I'd definitely suggest giving the moisture enrich a shot too.

On a semi-related note, I LOVE Osea products and am interested in APC---- what do you think about it? Has it ever had a tendancy to give you clogged pores or break outs? How hydrating is it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Dear Liz,

I might just opt for the rinseless cleanser instead based on your rave. Thanks for the heads up on the phyto moisture, i will probably be following up everyday with a drop or two of squalane or even the Osea APC.

The APC is amazing! I do wear it alone sometimes but when i am drier because of retin-A or during the fall/winter, it does have a tendency to make my skin feel a bit tighter. This is probably because of the red algae base but i find this easily resolved if you spritz with toner and add a drop of oil on top. I also don't break out from it or get clogged pores.

my clogged pores lately seem to be from using jojoba oil for OCM then using too gentle a cleanser to remove, and also using too much squalene on top of moisturizer. i really should adhere to the rule of applying a small bit of moisturizer on super damp skin. i tend to slather things on!

thanks for your reply Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
The only ZB product I'm still using is the Sun Protector & Moisturizer- it really helps with hydration. I am thinking of going back to the Oxytoner though. I was using ZB's Moisture Enrich and serums (following Oxytoner and Phyto) but stopped using the Moisture Enrich after I discovered that grapeseed oil clogs my pores. Because I needed more hydration I began using Naturderm's Chrysalyx. I then of course tried their other products and am hooked on the Lavender Face Foam. Because Naturdermx contains grapeseed oil I can only use it carefully around my immediate eye area. If I use it elsewhere, I get milia (which I found out after using it all over for about 2 months). I also might go back to the ZB serums since I cannot use Naturdermx but I'm not sure yet. For a toner/face mist I make my own comprising of melissa hydrosol, rose hydrosol, licorice root ext and edelweiss ext. I've also incorporated GoW's Helichrysum HA Serum (love this!) and am on my 2nd bottle. I think I now have enough raw ingredients to make a moisturizing spritz sort of like the Phyto Moisture to add to my routine but I haven't had time to make it up yet.

I guess I'm kinda in a trying-to-find-more-products-to-complete-my-skincare-regime stage again.

(BTW, hi Liz! Wink)

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I just started on zenbiotic, having ordered the foundation pack with the rinseless cleanser, oxytoner, the phyto moisturizer and the sunscreen.

i opted for the rinseless cleanser instead of the regular cleanser since the pH of the regular cleanser was said to be highly alkaline, much like many bar soap cleansers. i generally do not like bar soap cleansers, but many swear by it evidenced by the popularity of chagrin valley, camellia rose, pure luxe and others.

i will not be exclusively using zenbiotic products but it will be my base. so far, i like the toner and phyto moisturizer. i have not layered any other creams on top but my skin seems to be ok. i do have some peeling from retin-a use which i will probably hold off on for a couple more weeks for this trial.

i have not tried the rinseless cleanser yet but have used the sunscreen. i really do like it so far. it is more liquid and smells divine. i like it more than my devita body block ss. i will defer judgment regarding its spf claim until i contact zenbiotic directly.

so far, so good, i will be updating periodically. is miranets still around? i would love to hear whether she still uses this line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my first order from Zenbiotic and I'm already impressed. I hadn't planned on trying any new products but went ahead and placed an order after reading this thread. I am hoping it will help with the clogged pores and acne that is covering my entire forehead. So frustrated because I had perfectly clear skin after finally getting things under control and using better products, then I started a new medication and within 2 days I had skin problems. Took the meds off and on for the next month, skin didn't clear up so I stopped the meds and my skin still has not cleared up and that was months ago. Now I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't the meds but is it normal for your skin to go from absolutely no acne to forehead covered? The last couple months I have been getting the odd big pimple on other areas of my face so I really need to try something new before my entire face is covered. Sigh. So anyway, I liked the ingredients with this line so I ordered the 3-step with the rinseless cleanser, oxy toner, phyto moisturizer and also ordered the sun protect and colloidal silver. I also asked for a sample of the face and body cleaner and not only did they send me a FULL SIZED bottle of it, but an ADDITIONAL full sized bottle of the Oxytoner!! How awesome is that? I have decided to jump in and try all the products I purchased on my forehead only for about a week to make sure I don't have any worse breakouts.

So I have a few questions now.

I also placed an order with EDS for PSF 0.5%night retinol cream (mainly to see if it would help with acne and to prevent wrinkles). Can I use this with the Zenbiotic line or should I hold off until I have been using Zenbiotic on my entire face for a few weeks, or don't use it at all? And can I use the retinol product with the collidal silver (have never use a silver product before).

Can I still use the PSF pumpkin peel (which I love and can't see myself giving up) or do we have to use the baking soda mask they recommend? And how does the baking soda act as an exfoliant when you are just smoothing it on your face for a short time?

Will the rinseless cleanser remove MMU? My initial thoughts after using it once is no. I think this would be a good morning cleanser but do you use it before you get in the shower or after you get out? In other words, is there something in the cleanser that should remain as residue on your face for full effect or can it be rinsed off in the shower?
Unfortunately after reading the ingredients in the face and body cleanser, I shouldn't use it as it has nut oils and DS is allergic, so that is not an option for me to remove MMU.

As for night cleansing, what is everyone using to remove MMU? I am currently using KH professional cleansing, which I like, but I just ordered a clarisonic and need to find a cleanser to use with it as I'm pretty sure the KH cleanser will clog up the brush. Or maybe I could use the KH cleanser, wipe it off then use the clarisonic with no soap. I ordered 2 different brands of cleansing milks to try with the clarisonic but I'm not sure it will remove MMU.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just so excited to try all my new products but don't want to make my skin any worse than it is. TIA!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
So I've now been using Zenbiotic for about a week and a half. I tried the rinseless cleanser but just didn't feel that it was getting my skin clean so I'm now using Dr Renaud cleansing milk with Claisonic am and pm. Then I use the oxy toner, collidal silver, then phyto moisturizer (pm) and sun protect moisturizer (am). I really like the products and love the way my skin looks. My skin feels super soft, and I love the fact that I'm not smearing a thick layer of cream on my face in the mornings. My pearl primer goes on so easily, the brush doesn't stick to my face at all. My forehead (current problem area) is starting to clear up, but I'm not sure if I can contribute that fully to Zenbiotic, as I also started using the Clarisonic and taking zinc supplements a week ago. I know I should have waited so that I could tell what was working and what wasn't, but you know how it is when you receive a new toy in the mail. Very Happy So anyway, I only have two issues that I am hoping are only temporary. My face looks like it's starting to go back to it's old oily self, which I haven't had a problem with at all in a couple years. My MMU looks great in the mornings but by lunchtime my face is an oily sheen and my MMU is almost gone. I think I read that this could just be the skin adjusting, but how long does it take to adjust? My other issue is blackheads. As my forehead is clearing up, I am getting blackheads and small bumps on my chin, lower jaw and a few on the sides of my nose. My skin wasn't the greatest at the moment (which is why I'm switching things up), but the blackheads are getting worse. Could this just be purging? I don't want to give up on this line because my skin looks so healthy otherwise. Please tell me this is normal Confused
havana8

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Diana, wave I agree with you on the Rinseless Cleanser. As much as I loved it, it seemed better suited to morning cleansing. I do think, though, that it might have been a mental thing on my part as it seems to me that I was using it for eye makeup removal along with a cotton pad with success. It really did remove! Matter of fact, I think I even shifted to using the Rinseless Cleanser with a cotton cloth or pad and liked it even more until I ran out. Very gentle but effective. Have you tried emailing Zen with a status on your current skin situation? I've always found them very responsive and helpful in terms of what to do next. They should also be able to tell you what's normal/expected and what's not.

I've never tried the "Sun Protect Moisturizer" but am very tempted as I think Stardusty mentioned that she loves it too. Do you think it could be the Sun Protect that is giving you the oilies?
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah I absolutely love the Sun Protector! It smells wonderful & yummy! As for sun protection, it seems alright ...good for incidental daily exposure but probably not enough protection if you're going to the beach or something. It's an excellent base for MMU. I don't think it breaks me out and I think it hydrates well too!

As for the Phyto Moisture, I won't buy it again cuz of the price. It's a good moisturizer but it seems the ingredients are nothing special for me to get it again for the price. HTH Smile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:11 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Do you think it could be the Sun Protect that is giving you the oilies?

I think you are right about this. I stopped using the Sun Protect a week ago and went back to NIA24 sunscreen and the oilies were gone immediately. I've also brought PSF pumpkin peel and asprin mask back into my routine to try and get rid of the blackheads. I've done alot of extractions to try and get them out, so I have quite a few red marks but they are easily covered with make-up and hopefully will heal soon. I think I've only gotten one small pimple since I started the line 3 weeks ago. My forehead is almost completely cleared up, but I still have quite a few bumps along my jaw line. They are not red, but seem to be clogged pores. Not noticeable but quite annoying when I am cleaning my face and can feel them. Hopefully it is just a purging phase. I do plan to contact Zen to find out.

I am currently using Dr Renaud cleansing milk with the Clarisonic, the oxytoner, collidal silver and phyto moisturizer, and NIA24 sunscreen in the am. I am almost out of the collidal silver already so I just placed another order and also added the oxygen soothe and detox and also the purifying mask. I decided not to add any serums in just yet, but am wishing now that I got the vit C + MSM serum because its says good for acne. I'll try that next order. Smile
kayzhou

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
My sun-caused redness cleared after ONLY 1 day of using oxy smoothe and pro oxy treatment by Zenbiotic. Usually it took me a week to heal with aloe jelly. I still used my DIY Grade seed oil+blending base as facial cleanser and I didn't use anything after pro oxy treatment.
System
Automatic Message
Wed May 15, 2024 6:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |