Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

GIANT RAVE: Baby Quasar! Pics for skintone changes. Yay!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, all. I've got to report in on my use of the Baby Q. I've have been using just shy of two months now - about 1.2 months on the aggressive schedule (mainly a timesaver; continuous green light for about 20 minutes every 1-3 days some more steady than others) but this is for tougher skin so do not try, if you're prone to dryness as it will dry you out more (just follow the normal schedule).

Well, as many of you already know, I revamped my skincare about 1.5 months ago and just before this, I started w/my Baby Q. I believe that both have worked to improve my skin tone and texture by leaps (and also my supplements, which super charged everything) but I think the BQ has done WONDERS for evening out my skintone and working on hyperpigmentation.

My rating?

I just wish I owned the big dog so I could do my whole body on a regular basis. Maybe I will someday save the money up for one of these babies because God almighty, I am impressed. Thank you, thank you Katee for recommending this!!! Here are (surprise, surprise Laughing) some comparison pictures:

Dated 8/14/06 right before I used the BQ for the first time. Notice the hyperpigmentation on my forehead (I have also used peels to help with shedding old skin layers) and general uneven skin tone and, Christ!, the eyebrows!, the criminal-like mug shot feel! (ignore that outburst):

Dated 10/6/06 just under a week ago; getting there but still a bit splotchy here and there:

Today; I was testing out some liners w/my Guerlain Kiss Kiss Beige Shine (love it). I have no foundation at all on in any of these pictures. I about did a double take when I saw how much my skin has improved and especially the tone, which is looking just creamy these days (ignore red patches; I'm spot treating aggressively). I am so so happy!!!:

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Terrific improvement. Congrats to you.... I'm absolutely delighted with the thing. The combination of my overall skincare routine and the BQ have me looking better than I have ever looked. I really couldn't be more pleased with the overall results. I regret that I didn't take before and after photos, but the broken capillaries I had are gone after some diligent work. I used to put a thin layer of light foundation over them to camoflage them - they weren't all that noticeable, but they bothered me. I have no need for foundation at all now. The most I do is dust my face with powder or use a mattifying agent to keep the shine at bay...
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
That's a stunning improvement on the forehead. Thanks for more photos again. It really gives me some motivation to be more aggressive, though I'm waiting til I'm back in the northern hemisphere.

In some ways it's a shame you attack from so many angles though because I don't think, as you say yourself, you could put this down solely to the Quasar. How do you know this in particular works hmm ?

How about the spider veins? Sorry to keep asking Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
That's a stunning improvement on the forehead. Thanks for more photos again. It really gives me some motivation to be more aggressive, though I'm waiting til I'm back in the northern hemisphere.

In some ways it's a shame you attack from so many angles though because I don't think, as you say yourself, you could put this down solely to the Quasar. How do you know this in particular works hmm ?

How about the spider veins? Sorry to keep asking Laughing

Hi, Molly. I think it's only a shame from a scientific (ha) testing perspective. Laughing My understanding from James at Advanced Therapeutics is that skin tone and improvements in color changes (such as hyperpigmentation) are the main things that are reported with use and what he has also seen in practice. I do not think that anything I've necessarily done with skin care (other than peels but they have been at fairly low-percentages and for short periods of time or perhaps the CPs - though I have been diluting so far and using the lowest strength serum) could be helping with the skin tone as much as the Baby Q. In regard to the peels, I have only used really strong acids for spot treating moles and scars; the strongest I use now is 35% fruit acid from Diana Yvonne but I only do them every 2-3 weeks so I have not been aggressive in that area (I often face clients and totally flakey skin just won't do) but I also have found that I've worked out a very low flake process so will probably do these more often now. The CP Serum is known to improve the skin's tone and texture but as noted, I've been on a diluted schedule and am certain I would not have seen such remarkable results with that alone.

However, I do believe that everything is working well together so do not, of course, give the OMG-The-Baby-Q-Changed-My-Skin props on its own. But, given that, I also think this supports the real "ah-ha" solution - that it is VERY important to attack from all angles as there is no one product that will perform the work of a magic wand. Frankly, I'd rather have the wand (I'll settle for the combo products, though) than the fountain of youth, any day. Looking younger doesn't necessarily mean looking better to me. Smile I am having fun working on me as a home science project and hope that some of what I've stumbled upon can be of help. I feel that the Baby Q does deserve a big pat on the back for playing its part in my improvement, though.

As for the spider veins, I'm working on them and also hope to have some viable improvements with broken caps as Katee has noted that will show in pictures soon. I think the concept is the same, I've just got to spend more time with the light on my legs while watching TV!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Wow! Terrific improvement. Congrats to you.... I'm absolutely delighted with the thing. The combination of my overall skincare routine and the BQ have me looking better than I have ever looked. I really couldn't be more pleased with the overall results. I regret that I didn't take before and after photos, but the broken capillaries I had are gone after some diligent work. I used to put a thin layer of light foundation over them to camoflage them - they weren't all that noticeable, but they bothered me. I have no need for foundation at all now. The most I do is dust my face with powder or use a mattifying agent to keep the shine at bay...

That's where I'm hoping to get, too, Katee. I'm super pleased so far and have also noticed better over all texture changes that are big in such a short time!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think the weak CPs are that good for improving hyperpigmentation in my experience though good for overall skin health and a little bit of thickening/tightening so I agree it's not down to that. It really looks like you've had a series of ultra-strong peels so if you can achieve that without the pain, irritation and downtime it's fabulous.

I'm seriously considering it, but dealing with my one extremely ugly and prominent spider vein on the bridge of my nose is my priority because I'm totally neurotic about people seeing it and constantly checking my camoflauge is still on. So it's still a toss up between one of these babies and IPL (or whatever it's called).
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I don't think the weak CPs are that good for improving hyperpigmentation in my experience though good for overall skin health and a little bit of thickening/tightening so I agree it's not down to that. It really looks like you've had a series of ultra-strong peels so if you can achieve that without the pain, irritation and downtime it's fabulous.

I'm seriously considering it, but dealing with my one extremely ugly and prominent spider vein on the bridge of my nose is my priority because I'm totally neurotic about people seeing it and constantly checking my camoflauge is still on. So it's still a toss up between one of these babies and IPL (or whatever it's called).

I agree with you on that and feel that the CPs have mainly helped with skin thickness and especially with tightening. I have not lost much weight (maybe 2 pounds) since the original photo yet my face looks much thinner - I attribute that to the CPs along w/strong exfoliation.

The appearance of my skin also strikes me as having had a series of very strong peels (like TCA), as you noted. That's why I was so surprised when I saw the picture (have to test my lippies for color correctness so am always taking pics). I believe the fruit acid is my peel of choice so am planning to stick with that. You're right, the really good thing is that I'm getting these benefits w/out the downtime, which I just can't talk myself into doing. I'm just glad that I can do this myself w/out the big $$$ getting it done professionally.

Hmm, if I was an enabler, which I am, I'd say go for the Baby Q. It may take a bit longer but you'll use it for eons and it doesn't hurt like I've heard about IPL, is cheaper and works on a lot of issues. How's that for helping? Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I definitely feel extremely enabled Laughing except in the cash department.

Which strength of the fruit acid peel are you on (sorry to ask, I'm sure you've posted this a zillion times) and how does it compare to say, the Lactic peel or PSF's pumpkin?

Cheers Molly Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Yes, I definitely feel extremely enabled Laughing except in the cash department.

Which strength of the fruit acid peel are you on (sorry to ask, I'm sure you've posted this a zillion times) and how does it compare to say, the Lactic peel or PSF's pumpkin?

Cheers Molly Smile

No worries. It's the 35% fruit acid from Diana Yvonne, which is, I believe, a Platinum Skincare formulation. I can't compare it to Lactic as I've never used that before and didn't bother because I knew I wanted more "oomph". Glycolic did not agree w/me at all. I did two 25% peels for 1 and 1.5 minutes and went flaketastic for days each time so switched to the fruit acid.

I also use the PSF pumpkin peel but that's short change compared to the 35% FA, believe me. I leave the pumpkin on for 30-45 minutes with great results but it can't play against the effectiveness of the FA. I only left the FA peel on for 2.5 minutes last time and rinsed like crazy immediately as I do not want an acid burn. I am very careful with it to be sure but really, really like it. I am still waiting for some skin on both cheeks to peel and am hoping that it does so in the next day with exfoliation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Holy crap! I realized the darkness around my eyes is due to my PSF Stimucol-C!!!! I'm going to email Darren for a possible check to whether this has gone sour. Sheesh. What a freak out. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I posted this information in the main BQ thread but wanted to report back here. I just love my Baby Quasar! I've been regularly using it on the aggressive schedule but normally every other day or so. Here is an updated comparison picture for those of you who are wondering about how it works on broken capillaries. I wanted to wait until I had something to show before reporting back on this.

You can see from the picture that all of the left-side circles are where I had redness or broken caps (mostly). The right pic has the same areas circled and you can plainly see that the caps are diminishing!!! Check out the inside of my nose on the left pic, those broken caps are mostly gone! I'm also just loving the creamy-tone of my skin now and credit the Baby Q and my CP Serum for this improvement (among other things but these are the two main ones). I have a few red spots at the moment due to aggressive spot treating of scars, which you may notice have also improved A LOT as well as my skin texture. I can't give much credit to the BQ w/improvement here though I believe it helps improve the skin so products are better absorbed, etc.. It is a huge part of my skin care regime and I am SO glad I bought it!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Sooo, not to change the subject, but CHECK OUT THOSE EYELASHES!!!! Your bottom lashes are to die for!

Gotta love the JM stuff, huh? Wink

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Smile Marla you are too funny!!! JM is a HG for me, my lashes are simply ridiculous now. Check out this pic w/one coat of mascara - oh, and I'm going to try out Dior Diorshow mascara that I have heard will give drag queen lashes. Can you IMAGINE how they'll look w/that mascara???? Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Yes -- I love Diorshow and can say, without a doubt, when you use it, your eyelashes will enter the room 5 minutesbefore the rest of your body!

I have short, stubby (half Japanese) lashes. I noticed my lashes thickening after about a month of using JM, and over the last couple of weeks have noticed lengthening. A friend of mine uses the product and her lashes look like yours -- UNBELIEVEABLE.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Sooo, not to change the subject, but CHECK OUT THOSE EYELASHES!!!! Your bottom lashes are to die for!

To funny... That was the first thing I noticed and was going to post the same thing! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
Yes -- I love Diorshow and can say, without a doubt, when you use it, your eyelashes will enter the room 5 minutesbefore the rest of your body!

HAHAHAHAHA! Laughing

Oh GREAT! Now I have to go buy some Diorshow mascara now! You girls are killing me!

Scally, great pics, great improvements with the BQ - very impressed with the progress on the caps (so now I gotta get a BQ, too! Aaack!) And yes, your lashes are incredible! It was one of the first things I noticed, too! Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl - thanks for posting this.
I think it's magnificent all round. Seems the rest of your face has caught up with your forehead. What lovely fresh babyish skin. I think some credit should go to the Mandelic too - that's a fine resurfacer. As for the veins though I can't see what else could have done it.

I am very impressed by the veins vanishing, especially inside your nose - how did you manage to angle that one Confused In fact I've got an almost identical problem with the sides of nostrils and insides. Sometimes think I look like a firebreathing dragon Laughing I'm sure no one else noticed.

I'm quite convinced now, but so much money ..... Rolling Eyes
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Oh GREAT! Now I have to go buy some Diorshow mascara now! You girls are killing me!

Scally, great pics, great improvements with the BQ - very impressed with the progress on the caps (so now I gotta get a BQ, too! Aaack!) And yes, your lashes are incredible! It was one of the first things I noticed, too! Very Happy

Bad Grin We should just follow each other around the boards because we're getting to be alike for our positive desires/experience for a lot of products, huh? Smile What am I saying? We already do that!!! I can't wait to try out the Diorshow mascara - here comes the drag queen! The other DQs will be so jealous. Cool

Quote:
Scalawaggirl - thanks for posting this.
I think it's magnificent all round. Seems the rest of your face has caught up with your forehead. What lovely fresh babyish skin. I think some credit should go to the Mandelic too - that's a fine resurfacer. As for the veins though I can't see what else could have done it.

I am very impressed by the veins vanishing, especially inside your nose - how did you manage to angle that one Confused In fact I've got an almost identical problem with the sides of nostrils and insides. Sometimes think I look like a firebreathing dragon Laughing I'm sure no one else noticed.

I'm quite convinced now, but so much money ..... Rolling Eyes

Molly, I agree that the Mandelic has also helped a lot and that's one of the products I don't think I can ever give up. It just does such a nice job in many regards! Perhaps, I have been able to see such quick results because of the products I use as well as the Baby Q. I would think it would help things penetrate better in addition to evening out the skin tone.

Now, for the inside of my nose and elsewhere, here's what I do:

When I'm paying special attention to my problem areas (mainly broken caps), I keep the light on the spot I'm working on about 2x the 8-9 count and do each area repeatedly (until I'm satisfied in my head). For my nose, I rest the head against the area not worrying that it's larger and just pay attention to keep it as close to the skin as possible. It's virtually impossible to contain the light in these areas (wish there was a focus attachment w/the BQ) but I'm not worried as I can tell that it is working. For the inside of my nose (there's also a broken cap right under one nostril), I angle the head up so that the light is focused pretty much inside my nose (make sense?). For the area below my nose, I place the head normally to encompass the broken cap. I guess I just approach it at whatever angle I can to get the light as close to the area as possible! Hope that helps.

As for the $, I know there is another thread about the LightSim and apparently, TameraT is getting good results but she is still waiting to post pics for more experience. This device is about $200, I think, so perhaps that would be a better option?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
Quote:

To funny... That was the first thing I noticed and was going to post the same thing! Laughing

LOL ditto here - I kid you not, jeeez those lashes are fab!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Wow!! So impressed Scalawag!! This little machine could put the foundation people out of business!

You look more incredible everytime you post a pic! I noticed your awesome lashes in the profile view too. Shock

I'm dropping major hints that I want a BQ for Christmas! I think the improvement in caps will seal the deal cause DH is a great sympathizer on those.

Thank you for always sharing!!!!
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Geez Scally...you look great...very pleased for you. I like the idea of structural changes.

I feel like I am on an episode of StarTrek on this BQ..."mmmmmusssttt resist the BBBQQQQ"
I am going to break down by next year I know it. Resistance is futile.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies! I know it's always helpful to see pics so I am glad it helps "visualize".

I just retinted my lashes today! Did my brows, as well but have to remember to take it off quicker there as it grabs the skin underneath. Not a biggie; I got it off w/5% BHA (tough stuff) but would like to avoid exfoliating that area any more than it already gets!

Here is a better comparison of my initial start compared with today. No foundation at all. I am wearing Sophina Nuance (so am a tad pinker than my natural shade - more golden on my body but my face is more pinkish of late, anyway). I am wearing Prada Lip Balm #3 (I think) and my lashes are curled with CareKate's lash gloss applied.

Oh, and I've been on a lip plump stint of late, as well. I am pleased w/progress in that arena due to CPs/DMAE applied topically and my supplements, which I think are helping, too, in order to rebuild collagen. I'm happy with how they are looking now compared to the first pic - more evened out. I use the Luscious Lips plumper a few times a day now, too. It's also a positive tool, I think. Next is the LipFusion XL! I will be a drag queen for sure with puffy lips and crazy lashes!

Bad Grin

Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |