Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Recommendations for antiaging product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Linlin
5% products discount

Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any recommendations for a great antiaging product? I haven't used any before so I'm looking for something easy to start off with.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Linlin wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a great antiaging product? I haven't used any before so I'm looking for something easy to start off with.

Tell us more about your skin. I am relatively new here too and asked a similar question and most said a good Vitamin C product. I am trying Skin Medica's Vit C and like the creamy texture better than Skinceuticals C E Ferulic but there are many options.

I got a sample of Remergent DNA Repair, Barrier Repair etc and loved them although the samples were small so only got a few uses. I ordered the DNA Repair and Barrier Repair.

I am also trying Prevage (the Elizabeth Arden) and too soon to know if this will do anything. Reviews are mixed and some have had reasctions. I am only using once a day or every other day.

Another product recommended to me very highly by an esthetician was the Skin Medica TNS Recovery Complex. I am also testing this out but unless it is a miracle product, I won't repurchase. It is expensive and it stinks. The smell goes away but I was glad when I had a cold and couldn't smell it.

Also retinol products. I ordered Avene Ystheal(spelling might be wrong) based on suggestions but still waiting for it to arrive. I have tried samples of others but am starting with every other night.

Murad Resugence Age Diffusing Serum was the first thing I tried that made a difference. My skin was smoother, more even, and pores were smaller.

Now to figure out what to keep and how to put it all together. Oh - and good moisturizers, of course.

Welcome to EDS!

5% products discount

Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-A (tretinoin) is still the gold standard. And Vit. C. A really good place to get a great overview is Paula Begoun's website,www.cosmeticcop.com. (She's the author of the "Don't Go to the Cosmetic Counter Without Me" books.)

On the homepage there's a 'Learn' section. You'll find a wealth of info, including an Aging/Wrinkles category.

http://www.cosmeticcop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=29
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I think Vitamin A & C, sunblock and botox!
Linlin
5% products discount

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendations!

I've got combination skin that tends towards the sensitive side. I know Vit C and Retin A are the best but I'm worried that they are too strong for my skin. Does anyone know of anything that's effective and gentle? I know, almost an oxymoron!
Mabsy

Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I would incorporate a vitamin C serum. If you're worried about it being too strong then you can start with a lower concentration or go for a C-Ester instead. Jan Marini makes C products that should be better for more sensitive skins given the lack of l-ascorbic acid in them. HTH

Also, whatever you choose to use, make sure that you are using sunblock as well.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and have not had a problem with Skin Medica's Vitamin C. I did have a reaction from Skinceuticals C E Ferulic but only initially. They have a 10% Vit C too which might be a good place to start. I think other brands have lower strength Vitamin Cs that would be a place to start.

Retinol products also come in different strengths so you could start mild. LaRoche Posay and Replenix have some that I am aware of. I had a sample of the Replenix 3X and didn't have a problem with it. It also contains green tea.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |