Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Dermalogica products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tetyanak
5% products discount

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am hoping to try some products from the Dermalogica line. What would be the best choices for my introduction (combination skin)?
Thanks a bunch !
Linlin
5% products discount

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
My favorites are the special cleansing gel and the skin smoothing cream. I've got combination skin too and the skin smoothing cream had done wonders for me! They have another moisturizer that i've tried called Active Moist and it's nice but I find its not enough for my skin.

Hope that helps.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo skin as well, and yet found the Special Cleansing Gel and Dermal Clay Cleanser too drying. My favs are Ultracalming Cleanser and PreCleanse. I love PreCleanse as a makeup remover. You can easily find reviews if you search for a specific product on this forum.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I agree with dollbird, my favorite is Precleanse. Special Cleansing Gel and Microfoliant are both too drying for me. The medicated clearing gel is ok, nothing special.
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I love the hydrating booster; I have combo skin that is also dry, and this feels super hydrating without leaving any greasy residue or making me break out Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Heléne wrote:
I love the hydrating booster; I have combo skin that is also dry, and this feels super hydrating without leaving any greasy residue or making me break out Very Happy

I saw this and wanted to try it so glad to read this. I have also read good things about the Multivitamin Eye/Lip Cream and am thinking of trying that. Anyone have any experience with it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've been testing the super rich moisturiser and love it. I started using my daily microfoliant again after reading great reviews and its made my skin patchy Sad I hope its just a fase! lol
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried their eye cream and loved it!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
My favourites from the line are the Special Cleansing Gel, Multivitamin Powerfirm Eye/Lip, Skin Prep Srub and the Hydrating Booster (which is great now that it's getting colder). I also like the toner (can't remember the exact name). I'd purchased a bunch of products from Dermalogica earlier in the year and these are the products I am still using.
tetyanak
5% products discount

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Thank you girls, those are excellent suggestions!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I love the Clay Cleanser, Skin Prep Scrub and the Skin refining mask. The sun screens are also very good and have a wonderful, fresh Citrus fragrance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Over the last few months, I have gradually switched over to Dermalogica almost exclusively for my face. I did so after a Dermalogica facial that was just incredible. My face glowed for days after.

I also have combo skin (oily T-zone).

My only disappointment has been the medicated clearing gel, which isn't any better than other remedies for me such as tea tree oil.

My "iffy" products have been the Multivitamin Powerfirm for eyes/lips, which is not any better than Decleor's Vitaroma for eyes/lips, and the Skin Prep Scrub and Daily Microfoliant, which are not as effective for me as the Gentle Cream Exfoliant, which I absolutelty ADORE and use 3X week.

My other RAVES are the Special Cleansing Gel, the Multi-Active Toner, Active Moist, Intensive Eye Repair, and the Skin Refining Masque. These products together are the best "routine" I've found so far. I also like the Sheer Tint Moisture SPF 15 which, when mixed with a bit of primer, has become my alternative to foundation.

At this point, my only non-Dermalogica product for the face is the Phyto-lift Cranberry Eye Gel, which I just started as an alternative to Origins No Puffery and St. Ives Aloe Gel for eye puffies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
My absolute favourite is the Microfoliant - I couldn't live without it. The powerfirm eye/lip is a silicone based treatment that I think is good for softening the look of lines around the eyes and lips but I honestly didn't notice any firming/real line reduction with it...got the same effect as a silicone primer. The multivitamin power boost (little ampoules) are a great radiance booster but they really stink and if your skin has any oily tendencies you'll probably hate it..(and it really does stink!!)
Pudoodles
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
My general impression is Dermologica makes some very good products for dry and sensitive skin types, but their line for oily and acne skin is not that impressive.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
The multivitamin power boost (little ampoules) are a great radiance booster but they really stink and if your skin has any oily tendencies you'll probably hate it..(and it really does stink!!)
Pudoodles

Those really DO stink! I had bought some but they were too rich for my face, so I've been slowly using them on my neck/chest and hands. And boy, they are really smelly! I think I've heard some people mention they really like that product though ... just wasn't for me. Probably just as well since it's so expensive too.
jemstar
5% products discount

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
multivitamin powerfirm- this didn't do anything for wrinkles but it really did firm up the area below my eyes after using the whole tube (6 mths)- I think i will buy it again since the skin under my eyes is losing elasticity....
vani
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but to be honest, the special cleansing gel does not work on me, and it made my skin so dry!

I've also tried Microfoliant, which is ok, but not impressive at all.
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
for my skin condition (combination with occassional outbreaks)
impressive- Surprised
special cleansing gel: very clean but not drying
mircofoliant: no problem to use every nite as a scrub especially to clean the nose
skin prep scrub: smell good, feel good
active moist + hydrating booster: mixed together to get the best result, using active moist alone is not hydrating enough, but the non-sticky and light feeling is good.

not so good- Sad
medicated clearing gel: don't see the effect
Sheer tint moisturizer: a bit dry and not easy to spread on the face
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I had a sample of their body scrub which was very nice to use.

One of their products that I would NOT recommend is the Soothing Facial Spray. You would do just as well buying a bottle of glycerin and mixing with a bit of bottled water and spritzing. It was like spraying your face with a light oil (and was not very soothing) I used it twice and then sold it on auction... blah.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
sab wrote:
Sheer tint moisturizer: a bit dry and not easy to spread on the face

I also find this when my skin is in a more normal stage. Mixing it with a small amount of primer or the Active Moist seems to do the trick.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm starting to really like the Daily Microfoliant. I bought the full size after reading raves for it here and trying samples. I'm incorporating it in my cleansing routine, after PreCleanse and Ultracalming Cleanser. I love the smell of the rice bran in this, as it reminds me of my grandma using loose rice face powder. This leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft and gets rid of the flakies around my nose.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the recs for the Microfoliant. It's really gentle so you can use it everyday.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
i would say Daily Microfoliant! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
i like the microfoliant. the anti-bac and ultracalming are ok but for some reason seem to dry me out :\
i also bought one of those trial packs for the new medibac system for acneprone skin and i think using it made my skin worse... did nothing to help with acne, seemed to make existing scars darker...?!
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:13 am      Reply with quote
I recommend Daily Microfoliant, Skin Hydrating
Mask & Tinted Moisturiser (light). - I have dry skin.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |