Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you so much, Kassy, for your help. I am deciding between the LS or the pro light, but your last post has me leaning more toward the pro light due to the time issue. Decisions, decisions!

That's why I threw that in riley.. I don't want to recommend a product without telling you guys the good, and the not so good.. For me it's simple, because I'm a lady of leisure these days, but I know that's not the case for the majority of you younger busy gals.

So beth can tell you better about the usage time for PL.

I just really think in my heart though, that being aggressive in the beginning is the way to go with LS.

So now your back to eenie, meenie, miny, moe.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Riley,

I will be glad to answer any questions you have over on the ProLight thread. I don't want to get off topic on this thread since it is about AALS. Smile

Beth

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Beth. I actually just sent you a PM!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering about whether the fact that the recommended usage time for the ProLight and the AALS are different is also the reason why we are also recommended to use the ProLight see frequently than the AALS? ON the one hand, shorter times and less frequent use sounds more convenient; on the other hand, more frequent treatments might be more quickly effective.

Any ideas?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I am wondering about whether the fact that the recommended usage time for the ProLight and the AALS are different is also the reason why we are also recommended to use the ProLight see frequently than the AALS? ON the one hand, shorter times and less frequent use sounds more convenient; on the other hand, more frequent treatments might be more quickly effective.

Any ideas?

Flit, I was also told that I needed to take a day off between treatments in order to let the skin rejuvenate itself, and that you can actually overdo LED treatments.

I would assume that you would see results faster with either light if you used it more than recommended, but there may be some tradeoffs like dryer skin, etc. I am not sure if there have been any published studies on usage frequency.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think what beth is saying about a day off in between makes good sense.

And now I'll tell you why.. I've been sorting through my picture albums on my computers, trying to organize things, and came across a bunch of before pictures I had of myself. When I put it all side by side the pictures from Sept through Nov 07, have some dramatic differences, but from Nov through Jan had only minimal changes. (Granted, I didn't use it much through the holiday's).

Now I start using the AALS the beginning of Feb 08, and the results from Feb through present are remarkable. For the first two weeks I used it every other day, and since then only use it twice a week.

The moral of the story is that for my experience with LightStim anyway, I think I've had the best results, when I'm aggressive at first, and then cut that down by half.

Anyway, this seems to be what's reflected in the pictures I forgot I had....(Another reason why I'm constantly preaching to you gals to take them often!!)

If any other LightStim users can chime in, I'd be interested to know how often you treat, to achieve the best results.

Also for those of you treating 4 or 5 times a week, would you be willing to cut down to 2 or 3 times, to see if the results get even better?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy said:

Quote:
The moral of the story is that for my experience with LightStim anyway, I think I've had the best results, when I'm aggressive at first, and then cut that down by half.

Interesting you should say that, Kassy, because it mirrors my experience with almost every active and skin care tool I've ever used. That is, go aggressive for a while (but not TOO aggressive), then back off and wait for the fabulous results. Very Happy Then start again.

It may even be some kind of physiological principle...weight lifters and marathoners use the "stress and rest" technique to build strength and stamina. They'll overdo on purpose for a short period of time, then take a few extra days off/or work at half-capacity for a week or more, and then come back stronger than before.

You can also use somewhat of the same principle to get yourself off a plateau when you're dieting: instead of eating the same things in the same quantities every day, take a couple of days and eat 2000+ calories, and then take a day and go to 900 or so, then go back to normal. Do that for a week and you'll come right off the plateau.

I had the same experience with my Quasar as you did with your LS, and I've had it many times with CP's, so I believe there's something to it. It's why I'm going to roll aggressively for six weeks and then take a couple month's break, just to see what happens.

My $0.02. Thanks for bringing that up!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs, I've also noticed a plateau with several things when used exclusively, like; cleansers, shampoo + conditioner, lotions etc.

I suppose when our skin grows too accustomed to any one thing, it's best to toss in a curve ball so to speak, to keep the element of surprise at the cellular level.

Whatever works right? Sometimes it's best to experiment a bit.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Also for those of you treating 4 or 5 times a week, would you be willing to cut down to 2 or 3 times, to see if the results get even better?

I've been using the lightstim for almost 3 weeks now. I'm using it practically everyday-left hand, chest, face and I had a breast augmentation on 4/30/08 and I'm using it on the incisions now also.
Are you suggesting to cut down the daily usage to 2-3 times a week?? I'm unsure how to use it since I've only had it 3 weeks.

5% products discount

Wed May 07, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie, have you noticed any changes to your skin in the 3 weeks you've been using the LS? Also, did you buy the AALS or the regular LS?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I've been using the lightstim for almost 3 weeks now. I'm using it practically everyday-left hand, chest, face and I had a breast augmentation on 4/30/08 and I'm using it on the incisions now also.
Are you suggesting to cut down the daily usage to 2-3 times a week?? I'm unsure how to use it since I've only had it 3 weeks.

Chrissie, when your at the point when your results are very significant, I would say you can cut down to 3 times a week, if you so desire. But you've only been using it a few weeks, so only you know how your responding..

The point I was trying to make in my previous post, is that when you experience a 'plateau', with little improvement noted, it might charge things up again by cutting back the treatments..That worked for me, but only after a few months of use.

I'm not the authority on LS.. I'm happy to say what works for me with it, and also what doesn't..

I wish that the tons of other members that PM me constantly would chime in here with all their experiences the same as they have done through PM's to me.... Pray

Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
insearchof wrote:
Chrissie, have you noticed any changes to your skin in the 3 weeks you've been using the LS? Also, did you buy the AALS or the regular LS?

I'll be 44 next month, so got the anti-aging light.
I really can't tell much difference on my face. My co-workers were giving a hard time about buying it, so when I first got it I started to use it on one hand. After about a week, asked them if either hand looked different. They all picked the hand that I had been using the lightstim on as looking better. Its alot less red and the overall skin texture looks better. My skin is thicker (fatter)on my face than my hand. I'm relativity thin (5'5" and weigh about 120 lbs), so my hand is really just thin skin and bones, I'm thinking that the thinner skin thickness on my hand may have something to do with the faster response with my hand than my face. My opinion...no scientific basis...just my thoughts. Idea
If anyone wants to nominate me the Nobel Prize for my skin thickness discovery, just email me for my contact info Laughing

5% products discount

Wed May 07, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Chrissie for the info.
insearchof
5% products discount

Thu May 08, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I had previously emailed Joniann to inquire about a Mother's Day special. Joniann emailed me back and said I could share this offer with my friends:

10% OFF PLUS FREE SHIPPING MOTHER'S DAY SPECIAL

10% off Entire Order: Coupon Code: May511
Free Shipping: Coupon Code: SHIP512

Only valid through Monday May 12th! We don't normally allow two coupons to be used per order so tell your friends to take advantage!

Very Happy
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
HI, Who is Joniann? Is there a link? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ordered the AALS. It was a deal. 10% and free shipping plus 90 return policy. Looking forward to getting this and starting a new skin care journey.
Yea! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Bought the AAlightstim about 10 weeks ago. Am very pleased with it as it has
really helped my skin in so many ways --
plumped the cheeks, diminished the "neckbands"
although they're still there mildly; evened out
the tone on my face, crow's feet have diminished only slightly, the nasolabial lines
have diminished, and the facial skin has a glow. Also been using on my hands and I have
very thin skin on my hands; however, the skin is
thicker and the blue veins don't protrude as
much. The first 6 - 7 weeks I used the
device abut 5-6 times a week and now use about 3 times a week. I hold on each area for 3 or
4 minutes. Will probably go down to 2 times a week for a while and see what happens. My face
looks as good as when I had IPL a couple years ago. You can really feel the strength of the lights so this machine was a terrific investment!! HTH - DiPhx

5% products discount

Fri May 09, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:

Joniann is with Lightstim. You can go directly to the Lightstim website and enter both codes at checkout. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:

Here is the link:
http://store.lightstim.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=003

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for mentioning the code for 10% off and free shipping. I was going to wait to order, but with the code it was too tempting to wait. Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi everyone - Bought the AAlightstim about 10 weeks ago. Am very pleased with it as it has
really helped my skin in so many ways --
plumped the cheeks, diminished the "neckbands"
although they're still there mildly; evened out
the tone on my face, crow's feet have diminished only slightly, the nasolabial lines
have diminished, and the facial skin has a glow. Also been using on my hands and I have
very thin skin on my hands; however, the skin is
thicker and the blue veins don't protrude as
much. The first 6 - 7 weeks I used the
device abut 5-6 times a week and now use about 3 times a week. I hold on each area for 3 or
4 minutes. Will probably go down to 2 times a week for a while and see what happens. My face
looks as good as when I had IPL a couple years ago. You can really feel the strength of the lights so this machine was a terrific investment!! HTH - DiPhx

Good for you DiPhx, and thanks for sharing!

Keep in mind that it takes about 6 months to really build that collagen, so you might want to cut down to 3 times a week rather than 2, for the next few weeks, so you don't lose the momentum.

I agree about the 'strength' as well.

The 72 combined red, infrared and amber lamps, can't be beat in MHO.

mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading the various LED threads over the last couple weeks until I got to the point my head was spinning. I would have my mind made up on which one I was going to go with only to change it after reading a new thread. Anyway after much deliberation I have decided to give the AALS a try. This will be my first LED device so I am excited to see if my skin responds in the positive manner that so many of you have seen. I am happy too that the AALS has a 90-day return policy so if I don't see any positive results within that time I can send it back. I did get the 10% discount but missed the free shipping combination offered on Mother's Day weekend. Anyway, I will let you guys know how it goes and thanks to all who have been giving their input on the various LED devices.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I have purchased the aals. I can't wait to get it from what everyone on here raves about the results.

Has anyone heard that these types of products causes fat loss in the face?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Has anyone heard that these types of products causes fat loss in the face?

No, but ultrasound definitely can.

But if what you are saying is true, then I need to get a price on that full-body Quasar LED Capsule asap!!

Thu May 29, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
To all you gals who got the lightstim,and have been using it for a year or more have you seen a big improvment? And would you buy it again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
ccboyd123 wrote:
To all you gals who got the lightstim,and have been using it for a year or more have you seen a big improvment? And would you buy it again.

I've only been using it 5 months, but yes I have seen a remarkable improvement, and yes, I would buy it again.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |