Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Cle de Peau Must Haves??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I will be going to the Cle de Peau counter this weekend and depending on what I think of it I plan on getting the loose powder. Are there any other Cle de Peau products that I should take a look at? What are their star products?
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Their make up is fab if you can afford it
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I use their concealer which has great staying power. Have fun at their counter!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I really love the concealor, also the pore minimizing stick (it is a colorless primer, makes skin looks flawless). I liked the foundation as well, but it can be on the heavy side.
I tried the glosses and liquid liners, they were O.K., but not worth the price, hths. Very Happy
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm another fan of their concealer. Good coverage and good staying power.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
After you try the CdP loose powder on....walk around for some time(say 30-60 minutes) and then take a look again in the mirror...chances are you wont be able to stop your feet from walking towards their counter again to hand out the cash....LOL...now, I will spare you the drama but the fact is, it is really the best setting powder out there IMO and gives your face the soft focus look!

It IS expensive but you also get a LOT in that chunky container so it will last very long.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the texture of the concealer.

I'm dying to get my hands on their lip treatment.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
The concealer sounds like a must have. I have read good things about that before. I gave up using concealer over a year ago because even the moisturizing ones just made my undereye area look dry. Do you think that the Cle de Peau concealer would be different? I am even debating if I need concealer or not since I don't have any dark cirles except for when my allergies are really bad. But I must admit that I am tempted to try the Cle de Peau one! Rolling Eyes

lipgloss doll I was considering the cream foundation is that the one you tried?

Rjez please tell what is so amazing about the lip treatment?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
It's just that the quality and the application is really nice.
It may be difficult for some people to get the right shade. They seem to be quit limited.
Please keep that in mind.
As for the loose powder, it seems to adjust to most skin colour but I'm dying to apply it on someone who is really dark black skin colour. I wonder if it would make them look pasty?
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I heard that they have a primer that looked like a lipstick, works wonders at minimizing pores.
panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:09 am      Reply with quote
i use 4 concealers (in order of lightest to heaviest coverage, they are: lancome, ysl, cle de peau, and stila) and i love the cle de peau one!!!

stila is too drying. ysl only has 2 shades and one is too peach and the one i have is too white. lancome is great but i have super dark circles so you can still see the grey under my eyes if i don't get enough sleep (which is about 90% of the time). have fun at the counter!

btw, i tried their powder at the counter and it's great but i already have chantecaille and t le clerc so i have been holding back....
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:45 am      Reply with quote
the loose powder is a must! hands down THE best i've ever tried.

i also love their cream foundation and the Base Lissante, but i think they break me out Sad . with your sensitive skin, i'd definitely go for samples. also, in the base i'd suggest the Tendre formula as the Fraiche can be quite drying. (i got the Fraiche and think, perhaps, it's too harsh and *that* is what's breaking me out, rather than the ingredients. it's absolutely gorgeous though and really helps dampen the effects of overly shiny SS. plus it's got SPF of 22.) there is a lip/eye cream too that you put on after the primer that kind of softens the lines and discolouration. i find myself reaching for this more often than the concealer. if your eyes aren't bad, i'd recommend checking this out -- it may be enough alone with a little poof of powder to set it. again, the powder is sooooooooo worth it!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I have a feeling that I will be buying the loose powder! Wink

I am thinking that I should probably not get the concealer since I can't imagine paying that much money for something that I don't really need. It will be fun looking at some of the other stuff though!

Right now I am trying to resist visiting the other brands counters but it is going to be hard. Neiman Marcus is over 3 hours away and I don't get there often. I already have plans to check on some Amore Pacific for Skincare so I will be going to that counter and then some of the La Prairie stuff has been tempting me lately.....
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL, yes, it was the cream formulation that I have tried.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Theresa - Try the concealer at the counter first. As Skincare says, I think the creaminess is what sets it apart from others.

If you need something just to brighten an area - I really like my YSL Touche Eclat. It's not really a concealor - more like it subtlely highlights. It's nice because I can use this OVER MMU which is impressive for spreadability/blending.

The lip treatment sounds like an impressive lip balm. Supposed to give a subtle sheen and provide long term moisturizing. My lips are always flaky so I want to give this a try. Most of my other lip balms are waxy or greasy and nothing seems to help.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Rjez-maybe something to just brighten my eye area would be more appropriate. The lip/eye cream that la vie en rose mentioned sounds interesting too.

I did some research on the lip treatment and it contains hesperidin which is supposed to increase circulation which may explain why it "brightens" lips and gives a "radiant red healthy look" as Cle de Peau describes it. I am no expert on this but if you look at the Cle de Peau website it appears that they are using Alpha Glucosyl Hesperidin. Here is a link to a manufacturers webstite that has some more info on this form of hesperidin. http://www.hayashibara-intl.com/cosmetics/glucosyl.html
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks Theresa! Which Cle de Peau website did you visit? I couldn't find the lip treatment at cledepeau-beautye.com.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Here's a link Rjez.

http://www.cledepeau-beaute.com/html/special_care.htm
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Theresa. I think I may try it. Interesting about the effects of increasing circulation ... my hands and feet are always cold! Wonder if CdP has a hand cream? I might try that too.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa, you must keep me updated on how you find the loose powder. I have been eyeing it for a while now, either CDP or the Caron powder (even harder to get...) And, let us know the ingredients if they are listed!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez I didn't see a hand cream on the website but I will ask when I go to the CdP counter.

miranets I will be sure to update. Even if I end up not buying it (yeah right!) I will still look at the ingredeints on the box.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I heard the makeup primer is good. It has an SPF of 22 that uses a physical filter (either zinc or titanium I don't remember which). Maybe you could check that out as well. They have 2 kinds, one for combination skin and one for dryer skin.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I heard the makeup primer is good. It has an SPF of 22 that uses a physical filter (either zinc or titanium I don't remember which). Maybe you could check that out as well. They have 2 kinds, one for combination skin and one for dryer skin.

that is the Base Lissante i was talking about. it's really the *only* primer i have ever loved. you only need a little and it makes the face flawless. (okay, your skin has to be in good shape in the first place, but you know what i mean.)

Theresa -- the cream i was talking about is the correcteur lissant (anti-rides). when i said it was for the lips as well, i was talking about the upper (smokers) lip lines. it seems to brighten the area and kind of put lines, etc., into soft focus.

miranets -- someone mentioned the Caron to me and i've been meaning to check it out. IMO the powders are two different animals. Caron seems to be an alternative to foundation whereas CDP just flawlessly sets everything and seems to leave no colour at all. it's invisible, but adds that certain polish.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also a fan of CDP loose powder (Camelia). Especially in summer when I don't want to look TOO white, I prefer it to another great powder, Jurlique Lavender Dust. Now that I'm using Jane Iredale Pressed Base (Bisque), I haven't generally used as much loose powder. But the finely-grained ones like CDP and Jurlique are undoubtedly great in dealing with oiliness. I've always wanted to try the CDP concealer since so many rave about it.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
miranets -- someone mentioned the Caron to me and i've been meaning to check it out. IMO the powders are two different animals. Caron seems to be an alternative to foundation whereas CDP just flawlessly sets everything and seems to leave no colour at all. it's invisible, but adds that certain polish.

Sorry to be OT Theresa Smile

When I was reading all the reviews of the "great" powders, like CDP, Chantecaille, T.Leclerc, some girl mentioned on MUA that Caron beats them all? So I got really interested in those finely milled powders, and Caron does almost two dozen shades in different coverage, plus other highlighter/bronzer powders. But I have also read that the "correct" application is to puff your entire face with excess powder, wait a min, then dust excess off, because "your face only takes what it needs". Sounds really over the top to me and wasteful, but from reading all the reviews, Caron has come out to be a top performer. Unfortunately, it is even more elusive than the CDP (at least that's available on Ebay or Strawberrynet), if I want to order samples I have to make a toll call to the actual botique in France or NY.

One of my biggest fears is that CDP will be talc based, which will totally dry out my skin...
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |