Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need Eye Cream or Gel that is in Beige Colour
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I am confused with so many eye creams available in market. Can you please recommend eye cream that is good for you? I prefer eye cream in skin colour, I mean eye cream with beige colour, not white colour.

Actually, my condition is: I have a very fair skin face colour, and dark circles as well, this really give me headache as I didnt use make-up or foundation because my sensitive skin has never been able to stand with any cosmetic. So, people can see my dark circle easily where the dark colours are so much contrast with the face skin colour. So, I hope so much to have an eye cream that can cover the dark circles a little bit so that there will not be too much colour differences between my face colour and dark cicles..... Hope this does not sound weird to you all...

Plus, my dark circles is caused by hayfever (A type of nose sensitivity), so I give up searching for solution....and I just hope I could cover a little bit of the dark circles...

Appreciate any recommendation, thank you.
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Am I asking worng the wrong question here?

No reply? Any recommendation? Please...
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite concealer is Cle de Peau but it is a stick, not a cream. It works great to cover up dark circles and anything else!

Lots of people also like to use Laura Mercier brightening powder to set concealer, I don't really need it but if your circles are quite dark you might.

edit to say, I thought you were looking for concealer cream but on rereading your post maybe not. Sorry if I misunderstood.
Mabsy

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you will be able to find an eye cream that doubles as a concealer to the extent that it covers dark circles. The best bet would be to find an eye cream with light reflective particles rather than a tint. I can't remember any off the top of my head though. From what I recall z.Bigatti's eye cream is a beigy/pinky colour but definitely not so that it would conceal.

My suggestion would be to get a good eye cream and then use concealer over the top. My two fave concealers for dark circles are Jane Iredale Circle Delete and also MAC Moisturecover. You should be able to find one (especially with MAC) that matches your skin exactly. I certainly can use mind by itself without using foundation at all. Also, I'm not sure about MAC but the Jane Iredale should be good for sensitive skin as it's based on mineral makeup. I haven't heard anything bad about the MAC one for sensitive skin but it'd be best to try this at the counter first. HTH
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
stellamaris wrote:
My favorite concealer is Cle de Peau but it is a stick, not a cream. It works great to cover up dark circles and anything else!

Lots of people also like to use Laura Mercier brightening powder to set concealer, I don't really need it but if your circles are quite dark you might.

edit to say, I thought you were looking for concealer cream but on rereading your post maybe not. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Hi, Stellamaris, I am finding for eye cream but not concealer. Anyway, thanks for your reply.
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I don't think you will be able to find an eye cream that doubles as a concealer to the extent that it covers dark circles. The best bet would be to find an eye cream with light reflective particles rather than a tint. I can't remember any off the top of my head though. From what I recall z.Bigatti's eye cream is a beigy/pinky colour but definitely not so that it would conceal.

My suggestion would be to get a good eye cream and then use concealer over the top. My two fave concealers for dark circles are Jane Iredale Circle Delete and also MAC Moisturecover. You should be able to find one (especially with MAC) that matches your skin exactly. I certainly can use mind by itself without using foundation at all. Also, I'm not sure about MAC but the Jane Iredale should be good for sensitive skin as it's based on mineral makeup. I haven't heard anything bad about the MAC one for sensitive skin but it'd be best to try this at the counter first. HTH

Hi, Mabsy, you are my angel.

Quote:
The best bet would be to find an eye cream with light reflective particles rather than a tint.

Do you mind to elaborate on the differences between "light particle cream" and "tint cream"? If I understand correctly, sounds like the "light particle cream" can reach my purpose? I think I have to understand it before I could find one in local store. Hope you dont mind, please...
Mabsy

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
handsbella - a cream with a tint to it would have some actual coverage in terms of masking the dark circles with the pigment in the cream (I'm not aware of eye creams like this). On the other hand, a cream with light reflective particles could help because it has little particles in it that help refract light off the eye area, taking the focus off the dark circles. That's how the theory goes and I am not sure what level of effectiveness you would get with these. If you do a search on google for "light reflective eye cream" (but not in quotes) then you should be able to find some suggestions. HTH
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi handsbella! I have very dark circles, also, and agree with Mabsy that you would probably need both an eye cream plus concealer. If anyone knows of a product that does double duty that can cover really dark circles, please let me know Exclamation
There are alot of eyecreams on the market now that contain those light-diffusing particles. One of the better ones I've used is Skinmedica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream. It's sold here on EDS..here's the link to give you a better idea:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinmedica-tns-illuminati-p_4686.htm
It's not a miracle product, by any means, but it does help lighten up the undereye area and make concealer easier to apply. hth Smile
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
handsbella - a cream with a tint to it would have some actual coverage in terms of masking the dark circles with the pigment in the cream (I'm not aware of eye creams like this). On the other hand, a cream with light reflective particles could help because it has little particles in it that help refract light off the eye area, taking the focus off the dark circles. That's how the theory goes and I am not sure what level of effectiveness you would get with these. If you do a search on google for "light reflective eye cream" (but not in quotes) then you should be able to find some suggestions. HTH

Hi, Mabsy, to answer your question, I have mild dark circles. It's just that my skin is too pale and the dark circles become darker than it may appear in first place.

Another thing, I have never think to fade away my dark circles with eye cream because my dark circles is caused by bad blood circulation due to hayfever. In other words, i just hope to find an eye cream to cover a little bit of my dark circles but I hope not to use any concealer or make-up, so I am eagerly to find eye cream that can cover a little bit of my dark circles....

Thanks for your reply. If you know any brand that can do this work, hope you can tell .....thank you
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:
Hi handsbella! I have very dark circles, also, and agree with Mabsy that you would probably need both an eye cream plus concealer. If anyone knows of a product that does double duty that can cover really dark circles, please let me know Exclamation
There are alot of eyecreams on the market now that contain those light-diffusing particles. One of the better ones I've used is Skinmedica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream. It's sold here on EDS..here's the link to give you a better idea:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinmedica-tns-illuminati-p_4686.htm
It's not a miracle product, by any means, but it does help lighten up the undereye area and make concealer easier to apply. hth Smile

Hi, Jala, thanks for your reply.

Have you use this Skinmedica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream before? Could you describe how the light particles perform in the eye cream when you put it on your skin? I am so curious to know as I have never use one before.
Hope you could elaborate a little bit...

I also hope some forumers could give recommendation here....
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I think Neutrogena makes an eye cream with SPF and a light "flesh" tint

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Could forumers please recommend an eye cream with light reflective particles where it has little particles in it that help refract light off the eye area?

Please.....
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
handsbella wrote:
Could forumers please recommend an eye cream with light reflective particles where it has little particles in it that help refract light off the eye area?

Please.....

There are creams that do reflect light, but they might not be suitable for your sensitive skin. From your original post I thought the reason you did not wear makeup was because of sensitive skin.

That said, alot of physical subscreens are tinted nowadays and might be able to provide some coverage. I use Avene spf 30 which is tinted. I know Clinique's SPF 25 and 40 are also tinted.

Otherwise do consider Laura Mercier Brightening Powder. I use that and it does help. Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps you could try Remergent's Microcirculation for your dark circles as that product seems to target and promote blood circulation in the eye area to relieve dark circles and puffiness.
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
handsbella wrote:

Please.....

There are creams that do reflect light, but they might not be suitable for your sensitive skin. From your original post I thought the reason you did not wear makeup was because of sensitive skin.

That said, alot of physical subscreens are tinted nowadays and might be able to provide some coverage. I use Avene spf 30 which is tinted. I know Clinique's SPF 25 and 40 are also tinted.

Otherwise do consider Laura Mercier Brightening Powder. I use that and it does help. Smile

Hi, cuppre, thanks for your post.

May I know can we use the tinted physical sunscreen that is not specifically designed for eyes?
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Perhaps you could try Remergent's Microcirculation for your dark circles as that product seems to target and promote blood circulation in the eye area to relieve dark circles and puffiness.

Hi, Sormuimui, thanks for your suggestion.

But, I hope to have eye cream that has light particles inside it. Could you please recommend?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to check out Olay Total Effects Eye Cream. I had bought it earlier this year and I think I remember it having some "light particles" and it did give a bit of a brightening effect.

Here is the description from the Olay website ...

Quote:
Total Effects Eye Transforming Cream gives your skin an immediate radiant glow and fights 7 signs of aging all around the eye area. This soft and creamy formula contains an effective complex of 7 vitamins and minerals, including VitaNiacin, plus revitalizing cucumber extract and soothing aloe vera specifically designed for the eye area.

HTH!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:33 am      Reply with quote
I don't have very sensitive skin so I can't answer this definitely. But I believe physical type of sunscreens are generally safe to use around the eye area. Perhaps someone on this forum can confirm this? Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu May 16, 2024 2:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |