Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rec me a moisturiser! (oily t-zone, some flakes, whiteheads)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I am nearing the end of my Olay Blemish Skin moisturiser and I am looking for something better Wink.

I have got slightly oily t-zone, but with patches of dry skin that can flake around my cheeks and forehead. I also get some hormonal zits and whiteheads around the t-zone. Lastly my cheekbone areas are always slightly blotchy/red, but I don't know if that is normal or not.

My current routine is:
Cleanse: Oil Cleansing Method (Almond Oil/Castor Oil)
Moisturise: Olay Moisturiser with the salicyic acid
and exfoliate with Alba papaya peel whenever my skin looks unhappy. Sad

So does anyone use a moisturiser that can address such a problem?

TIA
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I'd recommend you emu oil plus HA serum. I have the same type of skin, but no whiteheads, only blackheads, and this combo works for me. Also, I added exfol serum a few days ago, and it seems to me that I have less blackheads already, but I think it's too early to see significant results.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you jumpingball for the rec.
I have been using the emu oil on and off. It is just that sometimes it doesn't absorb too well. I haven't bought the HA serum yet, trying to resist my multiple lemmings as much as possible.
Does the emu oil + HA serum deal with both my dry and oily skin? Do you use it day and night? I am trying to keep my routine simple as possible, since I am taking at least 30 mins to get ready each morning. Embarassed
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Which brand of emu oil do you use? I think that some people have trouble with absorbtion from some brands...
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucinda, I use Emu Fire clear emu oil. It absorbs quite well around the normal area of my skin and even the dry area. It is just that around t-zone, it remains slightly oily even after a few hours.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cuppre

I don't know if you have been folliwing the Zenbiotic threads on this forum.

I have been using the entire foundation pack for almost 3 weeks, and it has been so good for treating my dehydrated skin that's prone to flakies and dryness.

I also had problems with these angry red flushes around my cheek area, and the ZB routine has stabalised and diminished the redness to a VERY calm state.

HTH
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:18 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Hi Cuppre

I don't know if you have been folliwing the Zenbiotic threads on this forum.

I have been using the entire foundation pack for almost 3 weeks, and it has been so good for treating my dehydrated skin that's prone to flakies and dryness.

I also had problems with these angry red flushes around my cheek area, and the ZB routine has stabalised and diminished the redness to a VERY calm state.

HTH

I have been following the thread, it sounds amazing. But I am pretty happy with my cleansers at the moment, so all I want is just a moisturiser. Can you just use on product in Zenbiotics? It seems alot of EDS-goers use at least a few of the Zenbiotics products as they work best together.

Could you recommend a cream available on EDS?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 am      Reply with quote
I think you can use only a few Zenbiotic products - I only use the Oxygen replenisher and the Phyto-moisture. However I don't think the phyto-moisture gives me enough moisture alone, so I might stop that once my bottle runs out and just stick with plain ol' Camellia oil that I just purchased. I might repurchase the Phyto-Moisture though, it's really a good product for oily/acne-prone skin.

For a cream on EDS I'd probably recommend Yonka Cream PG, especially since you have whiteheads and hormonal acne. It's a bit thick but absorbs very well and mattifies. I find it also does help with the flakies. Another suggestion would be Sothy's moisturizers - the ones for oily skin which you can find on EDS (they have the lotions listed by skintype). There are old reviews and they seem to be good.

The best product I have found for redness and flakies is La Prairie's Desensitizing Serum - it will really tone down your redness and it got rid of my flakies pretty quickly. Second to that would be Valmont's Dermatosic Serum. The latter can be found on EDS.

HTH
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:56 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
However I don't think the phyto-moisture gives me enough moisture alone, so I might stop that once my bottle runs out and just stick with plain ol' Camellia oil that I just purchased. I might repurchase the Phyto-Moisture though, it's really a good product for oily/acne-prone skin.

Thank you for all the recommendations sormuimui Very Happy. They all look really good. Laughing all I have to do is find one within my budget.

Regarding the quote above, what is Camellia oil like and how does it compare to Jojoba or Emu oil? And is there a difference between phyto-moisture and Phyto-Moisture?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Thank you jumpingball for the rec.
I have been using the emu oil on and off. It is just that sometimes it doesn't absorb too well. I haven't bought the HA serum yet, trying to resist my multiple lemmings as much as possible.
Does the emu oil + HA serum deal with both my dry and oily skin? Do you use it day and night? I am trying to keep my routine simple as possible, since I am taking at least 30 mins to get ready each morning. Embarassed

Cuppre, you are welcome. Wink You have to apply emu oil + Ha on a really damp skin. In this case, it absorbs much better. What I do is spray my skin with rose hydrosol, rub emu oil b/w my hands, pat it on my skin, apply Ha, and spray again with rose hydrosol. I tried to mix emu and HA in the palm before, but I found it didn't absorb as well as when I layered them. I use it day and night.
I used Camellia oil before, and think about buying it again after I finish my emu oil. It seems to me that it sink in better. I'll do half face test when I buy it to see the difference. Cool
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I would def. recommend that Zenbiotic phyto-moisture as it has done wonders for my skin and is very soothing. If you find that after using it (it's a spray, not a lotion) you still need another moisture boost you can follow it up with a drop of camellia oil or jojoba oil.

Also, I've used the Alba Papaya Peel before and I think it's a good product, but I stopped using it once I discovered the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel as it works 100X better, so that's something you might want to consider too. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm with jumpingball on this with emu. I used to use just reg moisturizer, oil of olay with the spf 15 to be exact and it did an okay job, but my cheeks were still dry and flaky and the area between my eyes (nose bridge) were still dry also.

Once I tried the emu oil+HA serum it really did the job. If I use the emu alone it's way too oily for my skin. I use the clear emu during the day, 2 drops to one squirt of the HA serum and the ultra emu at night, same amount.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
sormuimui wrote:
However I don't think the phyto-moisture gives me enough moisture alone, so I might stop that once my bottle runs out and just stick with plain ol' Camellia oil that I just purchased. I might repurchase the Phyto-Moisture though, it's really a good product for oily/acne-prone skin.

Thank you for all the recommendations sormuimui Very Happy. They all look really good. Laughing all I have to do is find one within my budget.

Regarding the quote above, what is Camellia oil like and how does it compare to Jojoba or Emu oil? And is there a difference between phyto-moisture and Phyto-Moisture?

I'm sorry, I can't compare because I've never used Jojoba or Emu. However I bought Camellia because it helps with acne-prone skin and a lot of people on EDS use it for dry skin, it just seemed very multi-purpose. I think I opted for this instead of Jojoba because Jojoba always comes in 100mL sizes and I don't think I'd ever be able to use it up since I'm not a big DIY girl. I use Primavera and it's not as thick as I thought it would be (after reading the Camellia oil thread on EDS), and it absorbs pretty quickly (I apply it while my skin is still damp from my Oxygen Replenish). Overall I'm liking my Camellia oil, but once I run out I might go buy Phyto-Moisture depending on how my skin feels. I have to point out though that Camellia oil is better for my credit card since it only cost me approx 21CAD for the 30mL vs Phyto-Moisture which I'd have to get the 4oz for 36USD + shipping. I have the Phyto-Moisture in 1oz and I only do 3 spritzes for my whole face and I find I use it up pretty quickly if I do 2x daily. But with oils I only use 1 drop for my whole face so it never runs out. Btw, I also want to mention in comparing those 2 products I'd have to say Phyto-Moisture helps with healing while Camellia gives me more moisture. And no to your last question, I was just lazy with the capitalizing.... Rolling Eyes
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I really love the Ice Elements moisture lotion.

I use the normal to dry and it has addressed my flaking issues... although it almost sounds like you would want the normal to oily one... not the that dry one is too heavy, but with the other issues that you mentioned...

Ice Elements is Hydropol (pharmacuetical aloe vera) and Antarcticine based... http://iceelements.com

If it seems interesting to you, I would ask either Brenda or Shelly which one would be best for your skin issues.

Good luck!
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:31 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:

Cuppre, you are welcome. Wink You have to apply emu oil + Ha on a really damp skin. In this case, it absorbs much better. What I do is spray my skin with rose hydrosol, rub emu oil b/w my hands, pat it on my skin, apply Ha, and spray again with rose hydrosol. I tried to mix emu and HA in the palm before, but I found it didn't absorb as well as when I layered them. I use it day and night.
I used Camellia oil before, and think about buying it again after I finish my emu oil. It seems to me that it sink in better. I'll do half face test when I buy it to see the difference. Cool

Ohh the half and half test sounds really interesting and fun. Thank you for the tip about having damp skin. I have been putting it straight on to dry skin, perhaps that is why it is refusing to absorb. Can I ask why you use hydrosol? How is it different from the water-based sprays such as evian, rosewater or avene?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:36 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I would def. recommend that Zenbiotic phyto-moisture as it has done wonders for my skin and is very soothing. If you find that after using it (it's a spray, not a lotion) you still need another moisture boost you can follow it up with a drop of camellia oil or jojoba oil.

Also, I've used the Alba Papaya Peel before and I think it's a good product, but I stopped using it once I discovered the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel as it works 100X better, so that's something you might want to consider too. HTH!

Ummm so many recs for Zenbiotic phyto-moisture. It sounds very good. Maybe it can go on my Christmas list?

I am lucky and I have svunt1 sending me some PSF pumpkin peel. Have you used that? How do you think it compares to the JB green apple peel? I wonder if instead of eating my apples I should just put them on my face?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
jumpingball wrote:

Ohh the half and half test sounds really interesting and fun. Thank you for the tip about having damp skin. I have been putting it straight on to dry skin, perhaps that is why it is refusing to absorb. Can I ask why you use hydrosol? How is it different from the water-based sprays such as evian, rosewater or avene?

I think you can use any spray you have on hand. I just like the feeling (it's moisturising) and the smell of rose hydrosol.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I'm with jumpingball on this with emu. I used to use just reg moisturizer, oil of olay with the spf 15 to be exact and it did an okay job, but my cheeks were still dry and flaky and the area between my eyes (nose bridge) were still dry also.

Once I tried the emu oil+HA serum it really did the job. If I use the emu alone it's way too oily for my skin. I use the clear emu during the day, 2 drops to one squirt of the HA serum and the ultra emu at night, same amount.

The flakies spots are in very specific areas. Like patches really, and sometimes not even on my t-zone. Question

But thank you for the recommendations. I tried the damp skin method as suggested by jumpingball. Shall check the mirror a few hours later to see if it has been properly observed.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:

I'm sorry, I can't compare because I've never used Jojoba or Emu. However I bought Camellia because it helps with acne-prone skin and a lot of people on EDS use it for dry skin, it just seemed very multi-purpose. I think I opted for this instead of Jojoba because Jojoba always comes in 100mL sizes and I don't think I'd ever be able to use it up since I'm not a big DIY girl. I use Primavera and it's not as thick as I thought it would be (after reading the Camellia oil thread on EDS), and it absorbs pretty quickly (I apply it while my skin is still damp from my Oxygen Replenish). Overall I'm liking my Camellia oil, but once I run out I might go buy Phyto-Moisture depending on how my skin feels. I have to point out though that Camellia oil is better for my credit card since it only cost me approx 21CAD for the 30mL vs Phyto-Moisture which I'd have to get the 4oz for 36USD + shipping. I have the Phyto-Moisture in 1oz and I only do 3 spritzes for my whole face and I find I use it up pretty quickly if I do 2x daily. But with oils I only use 1 drop for my whole face so it never runs out. Btw, I also want to mention in comparing those 2 products I'd have to say Phyto-Moisture helps with healing while Camellia gives me more moisture. And no to your last question, I was just lazy with the capitalizing.... Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Thank you sormuimui for the the great explanation! I might try the Camellia oil since I am looking for something moisturising without clogging the pores. I tried jojoba oil but it actually caused bumps to appear on my skin. Shock
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
cuppre wrote:
jumpingball wrote:

I think you can use any spray you have on hand. I just like the feeling (it's moisturising) and the smell of rose hydrosol.

I am trying out the damp skin method Very Happy. *checks mirror* You are right! It does work Laughing It has absorbed even on my forehead
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy wrote:
I really love the Ice Elements moisture lotion.

I use the normal to dry and it has addressed my flaking issues... although it almost sounds like you would want the normal to oily one... not the that dry one is too heavy, but with the other issues that you mentioned...

Ice Elements is Hydropol (pharmacuetical aloe vera) and Antarcticine based... http://iceelements.com

If it seems interesting to you, I would ask either Brenda or Shelly which one would be best for your skin issues.

Good luck!
Bosoxy.

Thank you Bosozy! I saw Ice Elements mentioned before on the forum. Have heard how good the board is. Definitely will go and check it out.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:

I'm sorry, I can't compare because I've never used Jojoba or Emu. However I bought Camellia because it helps with acne-prone skin and a lot of people on EDS use it for dry skin, it just seemed very multi-purpose. I think I opted for this instead of Jojoba because Jojoba always comes in 100mL sizes and I don't think I'd ever be able to use it up since I'm not a big DIY girl. I use Primavera and it's not as thick as I thought it would be (after reading the Camellia oil thread on EDS), and it absorbs pretty quickly (I apply it while my skin is still damp from my Oxygen Replenish). Overall I'm liking my Camellia oil, but once I run out I might go buy Phyto-Moisture depending on how my skin feels. I have to point out though that Camellia oil is better for my credit card since it only cost me approx 21CAD for the 30mL vs Phyto-Moisture which I'd have to get the 4oz for 36USD + shipping. I have the Phyto-Moisture in 1oz and I only do 3 spritzes for my whole face and I find I use it up pretty quickly if I do 2x daily. But with oils I only use 1 drop for my whole face so it never runs out. Btw, I also want to mention in comparing those 2 products I'd have to say Phyto-Moisture helps with healing while Camellia gives me more moisture. And no to your last question, I was just lazy with the capitalizing.... Rolling Eyes

Thank you sormuimui for the the great explanation! I might try the Camellia oil since I am looking for something moisturising without clogging the pores. I tried jojoba oil but it actually caused bumps to appear on my skin. Shock[/quote]
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball, how do you like the exfol serum. I would like to get it but I don't know if it would suit me yet. I don't know if I have used the cps enough or if that makes a difference. Do you know if you can use the exfol and the mandelic acid at the same time or would I split them up? Do you use your in morning or at night. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a curious gal. Thanks, Rae
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
jumpingball, how do you like the exfol serum. I would like to get it but I don't know if it would suit me yet. I don't know if I have used the cps enough or if that makes a difference. Do you know if you can use the exfol and the mandelic acid at the same time or would I split them up? Do you use your in morning or at night. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a curious gal. Thanks, Rae

razinkane, I only use exfol around 10 days, but I definitely have less blackheads. I started exfol serum and cp at the same time, and i use exfol in the morning, wait 30 minutes, then I use vitC. I use cp in the evening. I think you can use exfol and mandelic acid at the same time if your skin can tolerate them together, but it's better to use one in the evening and the other one in the morning. (BTW, why do you think you need both of them?) I think you should have waiting time if you use them at the same time, but I don't know how long you should wait since they both have low ph. It seems to me that scalawaggirl use both of them, so you can check out this thread for more information:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16585&highlight=cps

Wink
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CUppre. It sounds like you have combo skin, like me. Kind of oily t-zone, but can get dry in specific areas. For me, it's around my mouth. Yuck. I've been using PSF Perfecting Day lotion, and I've had a lot of luck with it. It's only $25 here on EDS.

I also use Dove Sensitive Essentials as a night cream.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |