Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie,have you been happy with the results you have gotten from FE? Have you had additional improvements from Ageless? (I've been doing Ageless for about 11 days). Trying to decide if I need to add FE onto this. That's great you've stuck with FE because it seems like a lot of people purchase it and then don't stick with it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
You can choose to think of it as overwhelming or as a big "wow" opportunity to really make a difference. Start in a small chunk - start with the DVD and follow Deb as she guides you through some of the exercises. Once this gets comfortable, start adding from there. Once you see how some of them are done, it gets easy.
I use my cd about 4 evenings a week - I have a repertoire of about 23: more or less that I regularly do on top of the Ageless If You Dare exercises on a daily basis.

I think FE is very comprehensive and consider it the backbone of my facial exercises - probably since it came along first for me - back in June. Ageless is like the dessert and the icing on the cake - the "wow". The results are quicker and more evident. But there is no denying the strength of maintaining a core of the FE exercises.

for the record I really think massage is crucial to the success of what you are trying to do with facial exercises.

I agree- Fawnie is right ... Just jump right in.

fawnie wrote:
Hi charis!
O I know how it feels to be overwhelmed. I have been doing exercise since Aug '08. I just took it one exercise at a time and started to get the feel of it. You just have to jump in and DO it, I think. The combination of the book, the DVD and the CD and the forum will help you. The FE forum and of course EDS will help you with any questions, and most ppl do have a lot of questions at first. Eventually you will be able to do the exercise routine w/o prompts, but it did take me about a month to be independent of the DVD, CD, & book. I go back to the book occas now. I incorporate the FE exercises into Ageless and do what my face needs. Both are excellent. Both explain what part of the face will benefit and what the benefit will look like, I feel.

As far as massage, FE does explain massage very well I think. I was unsure how long to massage at first, but gradually got the feel for it and how long to do it. As with exercise, you develop a feel for what your face needs. As you see results, you will know. You will just know. And if you don't, ask the experts!!! Don't be skeered!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like I need to order FE! Thanks for your experience, Sistersweet. It seems like there will be a lot more results than Ageless alone. Have you been happy with your FE results, Sistersweet?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
It takes time to do FE - much more so than Ageless. If I were you I'd do the Ageless for a while - a few months and see how it goes. See if you stick with it and how your results are.... You might be fine without anything else. How old are you?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am 40 - not time to waste!!!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Can you do botox and facial exercises too? I would think that exertion would burn up botox....I have heard botox doesnt last as long for bodybuilders....
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
You guys will really want to check this link out in the FlexEffect forum. Lala, one of the flexers is being featured in a fitness magazine and ask her beauty secret. She gives credit to flexeffect and her vegan diet. She just turned 50 in Oct. and looks fabulous. She also has her before and after pictures on the flexeffect website. She is the REAL deal!!! This is the best advertisement for the program.Remember you have to copy and paste in the browser.
http://flexeffect.proboards19.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=3771&page=1
Toby(I am Ann on the Flexeffect forum)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Can you do botox and facial exercises too? I would think that exertion would burn up botox....I have heard botox doesnt last as long for bodybuilders....

You would not be able to exercise muscles paralyzed by botox. But I think that if you have very small localized botoxed area such as 11s or crows feet you should be able to do the majority of exercises with the exception of small botoxed areas.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Toby, thanks for the link (it didn't work when I clicked on it, but I was able to find it by going to the forum). That is great - and you Toby (aka Ann) are beautiful!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
You guys will really want to check this link out in the FlexEffect forum. Lala, one of the flexers is being featured in a fitness magazine and ask her beauty secret. She gives credit to flexeffect and her vegan diet. She just turned 50 in Oct. and looks fabulous. She also has her before and after pictures on the flexeffect website. She is the REAL deal!!! This is the best advertisement for the program.Remember you have to copy and paste in the browser.
http://flexeffect.proboards19.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=3771&page=1
Toby(I am Ann on the Flexeffect forum)

She looks gorgeous and very vibrant!

But I think her before and after pics on the Flexeffect board REALLY tell the story.

http://www.flexeffect.com/Lalabeforeafter.htm

I have the identical furrows that she does in her before pics, and after doing a ton of research (and talking to some EDS members!) I concluded that facial exercise is really the only way I could get rid of them without surgery.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
But there is no denying the strength of maintaining a core of the FE exercises.

Sis, would you mind sharing the names of the FE exercises that you think might complement the Ageless routine? (or the book pages if that is easier)

I honestly do not have time to do them all, but would be interested in adding a few if you think it would be beneficial.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:50 am      Reply with quote
on youtube I saw Dr Marc Berman saying facial exercise DOES help your face.(that was on a facial magic blurb) He is a very well respected surgeon who specializes in fat grafting in Santa Monica.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sis, would you mind sharing the names of the FE exercises that you think might complement the Ageless routine? (or the book pages if that is easier)

I honestly do not have time to do them all, but would be interested in adding a few if you think it would be beneficial.[/quote]

My absolute favs are as follows:
(3-4X a week)

1. Scalp Flex (I love this)
6. Upper lid stretch (the Eva Fraser way)
7. Upper lid Pull
13. Cheek Raiser
14. Tight upper lip (I like this and it's easy)
39. Wink Adv
38. Wide Laugh Adv
31 Top Furrow adv
19. Cheek Press
25 Chest Pull or Kiss the ceiling
35 Corner Mouth Pull

****the cheek ones are ones I try not to miss and also Scalp flex and Chest pull for the neck.

I have others that I do 1-2X a week but they may not be at all important to you).

#18 Mouth flex and #33 mouth flex advanc
#20 tight lower lip
#21 Lower lip curl
#22 Chin lift
#24 tongue press
#28 lip press (for the massaging aspect of it)
#29 reverse chew - because I like it for some reason. Laughing

Today I could noticeably and very obviously see a difference in my cheeks - higher and fuller. It was a real "Wow" moment. I am giving the credit to sticking with the combo of exercises but realistically it is probably the emphasis on the cheeks that Lou Lou's exercises has given to all of us!

I agree - The cheeks are where it's at!

Sis
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
That's it - I just ordered Flexeffect! I feel like I am missing something here!
tish
5% products discount

Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I do both the FE and Loulou's and I think they really complement each other. You need to mix up your workouts, facial or otherwise to get the maximum benefit. Plus, I have sinus problems and am always really puffy under the eyes in the morning. I find that the exercises really help to me to "drain". The skin under my eyes has thickened up some too - a great bonus. Your muscles need to be worked in different ways. Now if I don't do the exercises I feel "off" all day. Like I forgot to put on my panties or something!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Quote:
I honestly do not have time to do them all, but would be interested in adding a few if you think it would be beneficial.

My absolute favs are as follows:
(3-4X a week)....

Sis, THANKS so much!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
You betcha sister! It feels so good when you do Ageless in the AM (if that works for you) and then FE in the evening. You feel like your keeping your face guessing and going!

You won't need any more injections. I'm avoiding them too.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
And Bethany - Probably you can do a choice handful of the FE one day and another the next. I really think doing any of them twice a week will give a result on top of doing Lou Lou's. I can really feel the response of my facial muscles kicking into gear.
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I never do it, is it really helpful?
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
do you think with cheeeks like that one looks better smiling? I mean sometimes people smile and their face looks abit weird........will it make the mouth say more wider open due to the muscles so when one smiles it looks great you know not too wide and weird, not a smile small just right..............haha just a thought going through my mind Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
There have been concernes expressed on Ageless thread about puckering lips during kiss the ceiling exercise, and possible contribution of it to lip lines.

After I read these concerns I realised that when I am doing this exercise I do not pucker my lips, but reather trying to kiss (reach) the ceiling with the tip of my chin instead of lips. I think I did it uncontiosely because I see the main purpose of the exercise to stretch the neck muscles as much as possible, and this movement provided the most neck stretch for me. I was concentrating in getting the most neck stretch as opposed on the "kissing" with lips.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have a suggestion that is working for me, as I also didn't want to exacerbate the dreaded vertical lip lines;

So throw the head back (hyperextending the neck), anchor the muscle with your hands at the bottom of the throat, do a wide smile with lips pressed together + jut out the jaw as far as possible... Hold position 10 seconds and repeat from scratch for desired amount. You'll feel a good burn with this.

To really work on the left and right jowl areas, do the same steps as above, but turn your head fully to the left/right (as if you wanted to look over your shoulder), while in the same hyperextended position. You will feel a tremendous pull on each sides dreaded jowl/pouch.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I have a suggestion that is working for me, as I also didn't want to exacerbate the dreaded vertical lip lines;

So throw the head back (hyperextending the neck), anchor the muscle with your hands at the bottom of the throat, do a wide smile with lips pressed together + jut out the jaw as far as possible... Hold position 10 seconds and repeat from scratch for desired amount. You'll feel a good burn with this.

To really work on the left and right jowl areas, do the same steps as above, but turn your head fully to the left/right (as if you wanted to look over your shoulder), while in the same hyperextended position. You will feel a tremendous pull on each sides dreaded jowl/pouch.

Holy..this works! My first facial exercise..and I could actually follow directions..except that I was anchoring the throat muscle too hard and started feeeling light-headed after the 10 seconds. I think I was inadvertently strangling myself Embarassed but I'll get the hang of it!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Holy..this works! My first facial exercise..and I could actually follow directions..except that I was anchoring the throat muscle too hard and started feeeling light-headed after the 10 seconds. I think I was inadvertently strangling myself Embarassed but I'll get the hang of it!

LMAO!! Leave it to me to give an instruction that cuts off your bloody air supply... Embarassed

Glad you figured it out, and agree it "works"! (You will still feel that good ache hours later as well!)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Kassy_A, I like your twist on that exercise! I'm going to add that when I'm "pouting at the ceiling". Smile

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |