Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Jomin wrote:
I don't mind the 1/2 hour work out in general, but after trying the FlexEffect, these are the reasons why I prefer Ageless:

1- Not trying to offend anyone, but Deb in the DVD looks her age - she looks like a woman in her 50s with wrinkles and all. While Loulou looks striking young when comparing her before and after pictures. If I spend 1/2 religiously everyday (like I spend 1 hour a day exercising), I am hoping for a more youthful look in my 50s.

2- The instruction of the F.E leaves lots of room for mistake. Even though I was following the DVD, I still felt like I could move the muscles the wrong way.

3- Too much raising the eye brows for forehead wrinkles and no excercise targeting that area, I am concerned about a wrinkled forehead like Deb in the future.

This is just my honest opinion, no intention to bash any program. If any of you could give me further information to ease these concern, I will greatly appreciate and might even go back to F.E, but for now, Ageless excercise is simple to follow and feels "harmless" to me.

And I am hoping to be able to return the F.E since they have the 30 day money back guarantee.

Don't forget that Lulu started with FE so you can't be sure what helped her
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:

This kind of stumps me too. She looks absolutely fabulous on the FE website AND she looks absolutely fabulous on her website. So apparently BOTH work pretty darn well! I think facial exercise in general helped her in an amazing way. I like picking what I like from each program and figuring out what helps me the most.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
... IMHO Carole Maggio is nuts! I mean really, Visualize your cheeks getting fuller while motioning cirles in the air with your hands beside your cheeks?? Rolling Eyes
... Check into FE or Agless, you will be pleasantly suprised!

There are a couple of worthwhile exercises in Facercise by Carole Maggio, but NL folds exercises do not fall into this category. Resistance exercise programs are definitely the way to go, and Ageless & FlexEffect are great!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
My only problem with FE is that the DVD doesn't include all the exercises.
I am doing 25 exercises from FE and recently I downloaded LULU's and started to incorporate her program in FE and also like lots Carrol's eye's exercises .For me those are the most effective for eye area .And yes I can see results Smile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
talyta wrote:

This kind of stumps me too. She looks absolutely fabulous on the FE website AND she looks absolutely fabulous on her website. So apparently BOTH work pretty darn well! I think facial exercise in general helped her in an amazing way. I like picking what I like from each program and figuring out what helps me the most.

I would say that any facial exercise programs utilising resistance would develop the facial muscles. These include FE, Ageless, Yoga Face and Happy Face Yoga. LouLou has abbreviated her program, so that it can easily fit into one's daily schedule. (While I don't have her chops yet, mine are definitely responding positively in a few weeks.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Simon Cowell... Um, I mean Jomin... you didn't offend. We don't have time in our day to be concerned about comments like that unless we believe them to be true.

I have absolute first hand knowledge that Deb does looks fantastic, she still gets crazy in-person compliments. It's always entertaining to watch people trip all over themselves trying to figure out her real age. As no one actually wants to ask. It's in the Dr.s offices that are riot. 'Cause they often reconfirm her birthdate over and over. In fact that happened to me when I went in at 6am for surgery. No make up and the nurse, stared at my chart for a few minutes and asked if I was really born in '71. I said yes, She said man... you're (something like) 3 years older than me and you look 3 years younger than me. Wow... that was nice.

Regarding room for mistakes. Well... this isn't brain surgery. Although you should have a certain degree of facial awareness. Something usually gained over time. Reading about and understanding your structures so that you can tweak as necessary, or you can have trainers help you tweak to your needs. But yes, we've heard it before. I have people concerned they are using thier middle finger instead of their ring finger to apply resistance, and therefore they are going to have some drastically different result. As long as you're activating the muscles, a person should be fine. There really isn't a lot of room for mistakes. That's likely a fear of doing something wrong. The only real WRONG way of doing something would be to hurt yourself... and then continue doing it... and not asking questions.

Deb does not have a wrinkled forehead at all. (I took the photos that Toby posted on my deck) She is quite capable of activating all of her muscles and can certainly raise her eyebrows with enough strength to wrinkle the forehead. But her face does not rest in that position at all. I would liken this to flexing the arm and seeing a bicep pop up.

Yes, if you're within your 30 day window... send it back. We don't believe in buyer beware. We rarely get returns, but we do honor them.

There were some questions regarding Loulou... I don't know when she started her own program. She'll have to answer that. All I can say is the photos on our website are the ones she submitted to us as before and afters to FlexEffect. As are all the photos that people have allowed for.

Jomin wrote:
I don't mind the 1/2 hour work out in general, but after trying the FlexEffect, these are the reasons why I prefer Ageless:

1- Not trying to offend anyone, but Deb in the DVD looks her age - she looks like a woman in her 50s with wrinkles and all. While Loulou looks striking young when comparing her before and after pictures. If I spend 1/2 religiously everyday (like I spend 1 hour a day exercising), I am hoping for a more youthful look in my 50s.

2- The instruction of the F.E leaves lots of room for mistake. Even though I was following the DVD, I still felt like I could move the muscles the wrong way.

3- Too much raising the eye brows for forehead wrinkles and no excercise targeting that area, I am concerned about a wrinkled forehead like Deb in the future.

This is just my honest opinion, no intention to bash any program. If any of you could give me further information to ease these concern, I will greatly appreciate and might even go back to F.E, but for now, Ageless excercise is simple to follow and feels "harmless" to me.

And I am hoping to be able to return the F.E since they have the 30 day money back guarantee.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Edited to delete the 2nd posting of the above... crazy submit button... I must have hit it twice...

I'm so glad to see all of you doing some form of facial exercise... I really think you will all be pleased in the end..

Don't forget to take care of yourselves from the inside out... that means... if you're smoking, drinking excessively, and eating processed foods... you're running an extreme up hill battle...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
Jomin wrote:

hi jomin

i think i can answer a couple of your questions. But first i want to say that i am not "touting" one program over the other - I've been flexing for 2 years and am now doing agless, I love loulou, i know her from FE and want to see her succeed...BUT, i just think you need to be better informed before you decide (and communicate) that flex effect is lacking. I think the reason you felt that you could move the muscle the wrong way is because you probably don't have very developed facial muscles, so you actually cannot feel a thing, also - if you do have developed facial muscles, you probably have no understanding of what they're doing or where they should be going in an excercising context - NO ONE does when they first begin - everyone thinks they're doing it wrong (kind of like nursing your first child for the first few times), then they're afraid they've wasted money, or are creating more wrinkles - it's just the learning curve - and you actually cannot get it TOO wrong, even if you get it wrong... at some point you'll have an "ah ha" moment when you feel the muscle engage and create the contraction and hold the count and feel the burn...FE's private forum gives very detailed information as to what we're striving for for each specific excercise - wish they had it when i started.
Also, i'm not sure where your information is coming from, but off the top of my head i can think of 3 excercises that target the forhead...have you looked in your book yet?
I think most people eventually discover that once they figure out what the devil is actually happening w/ their muscles (when they FEEL the connection), they realize it was THEY that didn't understand, not deb that didn't explain...

Lastly, i'm in total agreement w/ talyta - don't forget this is where Loulou started...
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
wow
alot happened as i wrote that post...
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
... IMHO Carole Maggio is nuts! I mean really, Visualize your cheeks getting fuller while motioning cirles in the air with your hands beside your cheeks?? Rolling Eyes
... Check into FE or Agless, you will be pleasantly suprised!

There are a couple of worthwhile exercises in Facercise by Carole Maggio, but NL folds exercises do not fall into this category. Resistance exercise programs are definitely the way to go, and Ageless & FlexEffect are great!

fair enough...
Jomin
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I think the reason you felt that you could move the muscle the wrong way is because you probably don't have very developed facial muscles, so you actually cannot feel a thing, also - if you do have developed facial muscles, you probably have no understanding of what they're doing or where they should be going in an excercising context -
'
'
OK, I am sold on this. Thank you! It's very insightful!

Back to FexEffect I go Smile I will probably combine them- F.E and Lou Lou's one. Also, will take a before picture and hopefully will have a better after picture in a few months.

One last question: which move of the F.E targets the forehead?

Oh, and one last comment: I still think Deb looks her age... Neutral
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Jomin wrote:
I still think Deb looks her age... Neutral

I look my age: 57. I'm trying to convince everyone around me that this is what 57 looks like.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I just put the DVD back to my computer to start watching / doing the F.E. and can't help writing this comment.

Deb does looks her age in that DVD. She has lots of wrinkles on her forehead the "parenthesis" lines, specially a deep line on the left side, highly visible and does not disappear when she stop talking.

Her eyes look great, her jaw line is firm and smooth.

Call me crazy... while I do think she looks well-kept and healthy, she still looks like a lady in her 50s.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Jomin, precisely what does a "lady in her 50s" look like? I think a few years ago this answer would be different from today. Sorry to play the Devil's Advocate here! I think I have a subsconscious objection to hearing something negative (wrinkles) being a marker of someone in her 50s. I know 30-year-olds with wrinkles and "women in their 50s" without any except perhaps a few laughter lines.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Jomin, I don't want to beat a dead horse but I do disagree that CAUCASIAN women in their 50's age like Deb. I notice that you are Vietnamese and Asians (I believe) are generally more blessed in their ability to age well naturally than Caucasians. They don't seem to wrinkle as much, their skin seems to hold its thickness better and they don't seem to hollow and sag as much. I don't know if it's thinner skin or diet but Caucasians (and I can say this because I am 100% Caucasian) look to me to generally age the quickest of all ethnicities. If Deb was Asian and looked the wage she did (firm cheeks, jawline, eyes, cheek bones still at a youthful level, temples good) I would agree that she looked like a good-looking 50ish woman. Not sure if that makes sense, and I hope know one finds it offensive. This is just my observation watching various races age.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
vangirl3 wrote:
Jomin, I don't want to beat a dead horse but I do disagree that CAUCASIAN women in their 50's age like Deb. I notice that you are Vietnamese and Asians (I believe) are generally more blessed in their ability to age well naturally than Caucasians. They don't seem to wrinkle as much, their skin seems to hold its thickness better and they don't seem to hollow and sag as much. I don't know if it's thinner skin or diet but Caucasians (and I can say this because I am 100% Caucasian) look to me to generally age the quickest of all ethnicities. If Deb was Asian and looked the wage she did (firm cheeks, jawline, eyes, cheek bones still at a youthful level, temples good) I would agree that she looked like a good-looking 50ish woman. Not sure if that makes sense, and I hope know one finds it offensive. This is just my observation watching various races age.

Asians have a way thicker dermis with considerably more collagen. Lucky gals!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thats true about asians.I am half chinese and most people dont think I am 54. I have an aunt who is full blood chinese, she is well into her 70's and she barely has a nasal line and only a line or 2 under her eye. She has had no surgery.(doesnt even wear makeup.She looks to be in her 50's.She just has a full face like a lot of chinese do. By the way carole Maggio has admitted to a facelift......
Jomin
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia,

I had no intention to place a marker on anyone with their age, but since the topic we focus here is age appearance and facial exercise, I made that comment.

I guess what I tried to say is that if I did not know how old Deb was, I would guess she's in her 50s.

One of my friends is 27 years old, she has a few crow feet wrinkles, but she definitely looks young and pretty. I think Deb has a overall countenance of a 50 something lady? Oh well, I am back-pedaling here...

Still, I just finished her 15 minutes DVD exercise Smile

Vangirl3, I think you hit the mail on the head! Maybe Deb would looked 20ish if she was Asian...

I am Vietnamese, and yes, we do have thick dermis. it's a blessing and also a challenge: I am still struggling with black and white heads and frequent breakouts because of the thick dermis and deep pores and brown spots on my face. But it's totally another subject...

I often marveled at the smooth, clear skin of my Caucasian friends.
misspointy
5% products discount

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that during the six weeks I followed Carolle Maggios facercise I have learnt to wiggle my ears!! Laughing completley useless in everyday life but must prove that I can now engage and locate some facial muscles now.

If the Tua viso doesnt work out then I think I may try ageless if you dare of the flex effect.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
RuthMarion wrote:
jasminerosey wrote:
Also, RuthMarion, it was really scary for me too at first, to pull on my skin/fresh..but LouLou's understanding of the process of keeping our skin youthful is so impressive, that I did plunge in..and my skin is loving/craving it...it feels like i have been so unkind, previously, without intend, to my face which is also an alive, activity-seeking part of my body...which thrives on/needs touch and challenge.

Jasminerosey & LouLou - you both make it sound worth the jump! What's making me think more seriously is the fact that a lot of the responses that I have read are not from 30 somethings. Not that I wasn't there & had the choice but I want to know about someone more like ME & in my situation. Healthy (although a bit overweight, good (great) skin & 57 Shock years old). Still scared but the dvd is almost out of the package Rolling Eyes
Has anyone who has botox & fillers had any experience with exercises. I can't see any contraindication but I still wonder. I get botox along my hairline (for awful headaches that I am prone to) & it certainly has helped the lines in my forehead Cool . I frown like there's no tomorrow so the botox has relaxed my forehead somewhat & softened those darn veritcal lines between my brows. It's a nasty habit (the frowning) but my eyes are uber sensitive to light & I have frowned since my teenage beach bumming days in sunny California. I know that the botox has helped me in that it certainly has relaxed my face enough to keep the headaches at bay - in fact it has really been like a miracle for me (still purse my lips furiously but no botox or filler there).
Just wondering...

RuthMarion, I had Resty in my naso/labial lines, it might have dissipated quicker than it would have if I hadn't exercised (can't say for sure either way), but the area quickly filled out to the extent that I didn't need it.

You don't need to do forehead exercises if you have Botox, just do the rest of the face Cool

I've been slowly reading my way through all of this thread, and just noticed that LL admitted to having had restylane (though she doesn't say when).

I'm not trying to question her authority or results, I'm just interested to know what can definitely be credited to facial exercises and which areas might have benefited from other procedures. Has she made any mention here or anywhere else about having had botox?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lou mentioned on the FE forum about having fillers but then not needing them after the FE exercises kicked in and that was several years ago when she posted that. That is all I know.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
By the way carole Maggio has admitted to a facelift......

It looks like more than that - those lips sure have more than a little 'enhancement'. It detracts from the merit of her program - the obvious fact that she still resorted to surgeries and procedures. Where does the facelift/nosejob, etc end and the effect of facial lifting begin?
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
By the way carole Maggio has admitted to a facelift......

It looks like more than that - those lips sure have more than a little 'enhancement'. It detracts from the merit of her program - the obvious fact that she still resorted to surgeries and procedures. Where does the facelift/nosejob, etc end and the effect of facial lifting begin?

My husband tried to discourage me from doing facial exercises when he saw the cover of Carole Maggio's book with her picture because he thought facial exercises would result in that 'horrible plastic surgery look', as he called it. I did not realise that she'd admitted to a facelift, and so I shall be happy to report back to him with this information. I agree with him that the plastic surgery "look" is not desirable - I'd rather have wrinkles than look permanently shocked.

The Lovely LouLou, on the other hand, does not have that look about her at all! (Thanks for your response to my question about LL's resty admission, Toby - as I said, I was not questioning her credentials, I just wanted to be sure what could definitely be apportioned to her programme vs any enhancements she may have had.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't aware that Carole had admitted to having a facelift - Where did you read this?

I know the photography in her books is very unappealing as it does look like she has a bizzare 80's kind of make up thing going on.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
The difference between carole and debbie is that while they are both attractive, carole looks made up, the first thing you think when you see her is she has had work done,and her lips are much larger than they used to be.Debbie does not look enhanced artificially in any way she doesnt even appear to be wearing makeup in her DVD and she still looks good,She may not look 20 but she still looks like an attractive woman.People need to realize that if you are 50 you will never look 20 but you can look 10 years younger and you should be realistic and happy for that at least. A little line here and there is going to happen; what you want to prevent is sagging because that is truly aging and thats what facial exercise tries to do, to lift the face. I dont remember exactly how I heard about carole facelift but it was someone who knew her,anyway , I have had work done and I can tell when someone has had work done and she sure looks like it.She kinda looks like one of those high end Re Max real estate agents!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |