Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! Patrod & Rubby!

(lol "lip care boot camp!" Laughing
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
kittikin wrote:
Hi everyone.

I've been using L2K for 11 days -- pretty faithfully (missed one night) and I've yet to peel. I like the way my lips look & feel (the heat really helps), but I'm wondering if something is amiss because of the non-peeling.

What is the longest time it's taken one of you to begin to peel? Has anyone gone more than one week before they started?

I was into the program for 8 weeks and no peeling. The start of the 9th week I had to stop because of a blister on my skin above my upper lip and a cold sore on my bottom lip, although no cold as of yet. I am waiting for everything to clear up before I start again. It's been eight days not using products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

I was into the program for 8 weeks and no peeling. The start of the 9th week I had to stop because of a blister on my skin above my upper lip and a cold sore on my bottom lip, although no cold as of yet. I am waiting for everything to clear up before I start again. It's been eight days not using products.

Oh, sorry to hear that Frodo Sad. Are you saying that your blister and cold sore are from something other than a common cold? Any ideas what?
I hope it all heals soon.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:

Oh, sorry to hear that Frodo Sad. Are you saying that your blister and cold sore are from something other than a common cold? Any ideas what?
I hope it all heals soon.
R. Smile

I don't have a clue.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Frodo, is it possible you are exfoliating to long or to often? I know that if you are prone to cold sores, any exfoliation at all can exserbate that.

Some people can also get them from stress, wind burn, cold, heat, UV exposure or dehidration, poor health. Even a diet change in some cases. I used to get them all the time, until I cleaned up my diet and added suppliments. Smile (not that that applys to you, just an example)

The instructional sheet I received said sensitive skintypes or those prone to cold sores should only exfoliate twice a week. About 20 second per time with wet lips and moistened fingers, and possibly even additional water dilution of the scrub. maybe that would work better in your case?

You can probably apply the lip products to other lip areas, not on the blister of course. And certainly no exfoliation until the issue heals, then only carefully.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Frodo, is it possible you are exfoliating to long or to often? I know that if you are prone to cold sores, any exfoliation at all can exserbate that.

Some people can also get them from stress, wind burn, cold, heat, UV exposure or dehidration, poor health. Even a diet change in some cases. I used to get them all the time, until I cleaned up my diet and added suppliments. Smile (not that that applys to you, just an example)

The instructional sheet I received said sensitive skintypes or those prone to cold sores should only exfoliate twice a week. About 20 second per time with wet lips and moistened fingers, and possibly even additional water dilution of the scrub. maybe that would work better in your case?

You can probably apply the lip products to other lip areas, not on the blister of course. And certainly no exfoliation until the issue heals, then only carefully.

Thanks Tangal, as soon as it gets healed I will tweak my routine a bit. All I asked for was some peeling, not this piece of pepperoni on my lip.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Please let us know how it goes. Sorry....Hope you heal soon!
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby,
How do your lips compare to before you started?
thanks.

No one answered my post re: if the ingredients are listed on the product. Are they? If not, is that legal? I'd want to know, especially since some of it ends up IN your mouth...

rubby wrote:
OK ladies, here is my update Wink :

The last few days i had no peeling Shock Shock . If you remember, I had 5 weeks of constant peeling and bad dryness Sad, so to wake up few days in a row and see nice, healthy looking lips is a huge thing for me Very Happy.

Over the last 2-3 weeks or so I have cut the exfoliation to 2 x week. I am also being extremely diligent with applying product every 15-20 minutes. I've cut on the use of glosses (although I have to say I just LUV Cool the Drama Queen I recently received), and when I do use them, I use them with LC and NG.

I have to say, I'm a happy camper Very Happy (in our little lip-care boot camp Wink ).
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
jakee - Can't see ingredients on the products (think it's due to copyright issues/patents?)
but if you email Kandis she is always happy to help.

HTH's Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
Rubby,
How do your lips compare to before you started?
thanks.

When they don't peel (and I actually went through another round of peeling today), they are better than before (I think!)

What i know for sure is that the lines on and above my upper lip are softer and definitelly less visible.

I think there is more volume to my bottom lip, but I would have to compare my pre- and post- photos. My bottom lip feels more plump, more than it looks (or that I can see Confused ). That's why I think I need to compare photos. I'll do that soon, I promise Rolling Eyes.

HTH. R Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Question for those of you wearing the lip glosses. I really hate to be a whiner but am I the only person whose lips hurt after wearing this? Yesterday I applied the Sexy Mama and within 30 minutes my lips started to burn. I washed it off and reapplied the LC, LG,NG and late that evening my lips still felt tender. I'm at a loss here as my lips love the other products. Ideas?

kimberly
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Question for those of you wearing the lip glosses. I really hate to be a whiner but am I the only person whose lips hurt after wearing this? Yesterday I applied the Sexy Mama and within 30 minutes my lips started to burn. I washed it off and reapplied the LC, LG,NG and late that evening my lips still felt tender. I'm at a loss here as my lips love the other products. Ideas?

very odd! perhaps try the LC as a protective layer underneath???
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Bluesheart, I would address Kandis with that question about why your lips burn after apply the lip gloss. It sounds like your sensitive to an ingredient. Have you ever had a reaction to lip stick/glosses before?
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
We should have all made lip impressions instead of taking before pictures. It is so much easier to see the any changes that way. I have taken pictures again and can hardly see a difference.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
That's a good idea about the impressions. I just made one but, of course, I'm at 90 days now. Here are my latest comparisons. I have a light coat of Night Glaze on in the last pic but blotted so it wouldn't be too shiny.

Order is: Before, 40 days, 60 days, 90 days. I also changed the settings on my camera (vivid, largest file size, superfine) in order to get the best detail, which turned out much better. So, hopefully that might help some of you taking comparison pics.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
WOW Scally! What a difference they look so much healthier...younger. Mine are peeling again Crying or Very sad They were so abused when they were younger. But Kandis insists this is a good thing. This usually means that they will plump when their done peeling. I'll take updated photos then. I am comming up on 90 days myself.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
WOW Scally! What a difference they look so much healthier...younger. Mine are peeling again Crying or Very sad They were so abused when they were younger. But Kandis insists this is a good thing. This usually means that they will plump when their done peeling. I'll take updated photos then. I am comming up on 90 days myself.

I can really tell a difference, too. It's a very good point you make about when they stop peeling, then they plump because that's exactly how I noticed they've progressed. They are getting more and more plump regularly. I still peel but it's sporadic and I exfoliate lightly each morning, if needed.

Are you keeping the cream/glaze on all the time? It really helps but I'm sure you've got your routine figured out. Keep after it, girl, it gets better! I know the peeling is frustrating.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the photos! Your lips look terrific!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl, you got really pretty lips! Smile I love the color of them!! So fresh & vibrant. Shock
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Tangal and Poohlisey! I'm really pleased with the progress and no longer worried AT ALL about wearing just the glaze out. It's rather funny to think that I used to be but in the first pic, I had a lipstick on so that wasn't even my natural lipcolor. Now, it's a nice pink and getting more and more plump. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they look around 6 months!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Yeah! Your lips are much prettier than with the lipstick on! They look so.... Fresh!
Yay!!!! Lips2Kiss!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Scally! If I didn't adore you so much, I might actually be a little envious of your progress! Good for you - your lips look FABULOUS! They look so plush, fresh and youthful. Love the color - it would actually make a very pretty gloss color, don't you think?

OK, your progress has inspired me. I have been a very bad Lips2Kiss-er lately - haven't used my products at all for weeks - and am hopping back on the L2K wagon. I've got to go sign up for Rubby's lip boot camp!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have just read through all the postings on this topic which is no small feat with a 5 month old, and am seriously considering trying the system. It sounds as though everyone is going through the NG alot faster than the other products in the system. Should I be ordering an extra NG at the same time?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Wow, Scally! If I didn't adore you so much, I might actually be a little envious of your progress! Good for you - your lips look FABULOUS! They look so plush, fresh and youthful. Love the color - it would actually make a very pretty gloss color, don't you think?

OK, your progress has inspired me. I have been a very bad Lips2Kiss-er lately - haven't used my products at all for weeks - and am hopping back on the L2K wagon. I've got to go sign up for Rubby's lip boot camp!

Thanks, darlin'! FYI, I'm preparing your box tomorrow and will have UPS pick it up Tuesday! So sorry for the delay, I am an overwhelmed dimwit! Glad to hear you're getting back on the L2K bandwagon, woman! How's the sewing pouch thing-y coming?

anomoly, thanks. Smile I just love L2K and aren't we all glad we kept at it and didn't listen to the naysayers? Smile

Diana P, I'd recommend an extra of the lip cream and the night glaze. These are what I apply repeatedly and it's always good to keep a spare in your purse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
... Should I be ordering an extra NG at the same time?

Diana, actually, that's not a bad idea at all. And congratulations on the bambini!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |