Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice, Scalawaggirl. I really mean it. You, CareKate and the others who have written in this thread have done untold good for many women by recommending this and posting your results, but I'm sure you know that. You and Cesce deserve thanks in particular for posting photos, which really had an impact on me. It's so hard navigating the "beauty" world as hapless consumers. It's ironic that the only people you can really trust are either SA/Beauty therapists/Derms etc who you actually "know" yourself, or "strangers" who you will never meet, but who are good-hearted enough to share their honest opinions and experiences on forums like this. Bravo to you all!

Incidentally, I was thinking Sophie too, but didn't want to offend any Meryl Streep fans Razz

Cheers.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:
MG, you made me bust out loud laughing at the image of poor, charred corpse with beauty tools under each arm and, of course, beautifully preserved face (being impervious to flame due to miracle effects of said tools, of course!) Smile

Now I take it you are one of these girls? Do tell....

Who ME? Anxious Whatever gave you that idea? Anxious

Actually, I don't have any of the gadgets - YET! I am seriously lemming the BQ and NuFace, as well as a thermal massager Scally got (I'm kind of like Scally's shadow - we have the same ideas on a lot of things and now apparently we can read each others' minds!), and an Oxylight and a DermaWand, and a ... you get the idea!

And YOUR image of a charred body with a perfectly preserved face made ME bust out laughing! Wonder what the fire investigator would say about that one? Newspaper headline: "Woman with Oddly Preserved Face Perishes in Fire Trying to Save Beauty Devices." - News at 11!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Edited: MG, you must've posted while I was replying. We really are on the same brain pattern. Too funny. Solomon!

la vie en rose wrote:
i was thinking Sophie myself....

Nzgrrl wrote:
Incidentally, I was thinking Sophie too, but didn't want to offend any Meryl Streep fans Razz

Ok, I have to ask a really stupid question ... what do you guys mean by Solomon and Sophie? Please explain! I am so out of the loop on this one!

P.S. Scally, I think one of us is channeling the other or something!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
Edited: MG, you must've posted while I was replying. We really are on the same brain pattern. Too funny. Solomon!

la vie en rose wrote:
i was thinking Sophie myself....

Nzgrrl wrote:

Ok, I have to ask a really stupid question ... what do you guys mean by Solomon and Sophie? Please explain! I am so out of the loop on this one!

P.S. Scally, I think one of us is channeling the other or something!

Yep, 'tis true, K. Smile Solomon (biblical king guy who was supposed to be wise making a choice w/a baby w/2 moms claiming ownership - threatened to cut the tot in half so the real mom would scream - blah blah - basically a "making hard choice" reference as is Sophie from Sophie's Choice played by Meryl Streep in a war story about woman fleeing Nazis deciding which child to keep - very sad, actually.

So, less sad thinking about saving the BQ and Nuface. Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you S-girl. I was dreading having to explain the depths of our depravity in comparing loss of children to that of "frivolous" (and yet hugely expensive) beauty tools. Embarassed

And for all you pet lovers, it's the equivalent of choosing who's a-going to the pound: Fido or Kitty? Bad Grin
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:51 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
... Solomon (biblical king guy who was supposed to be wise making a choice w/a baby w/2 moms claiming ownership - threatened to cut the tot in half so the real mom would scream - blah blah - basically a "making hard choice" reference as is Sophie from Sophie's Choice played by Meryl Streep in a war story about woman fleeing Nazis deciding which child to keep - very sad, actually.

So, less sad thinking about saving the BQ and Nuface. Bad Grin

Ok, I'm *such* a big dweeb! I totally know the Solomon story - we use the term "splitting the baby" in the legal field to refer to a judge who won't make the right decision (for one side or the other), but instead insists on trying to appease both sides.

As for "Sophie's Choice" - I never saw that movie, so that explains why *that* went right over my noggin'! And I thought the bleach had actually sunk all the way through this time!

Thanks for the explanation, you guys!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:
Thank you S-girl. I was dreading having to explain the depths of our depravity in comparing loss of children to that of "frivolous" (and yet hugely expensive) beauty tools. Embarassed

yeah, that was pretty shallow of me Shock if it makes it any better, intellectually, i was thinking of Styron and not Streep. come to think of it, that probably makes it even worse Embarassed i'm a bad bad person (slaps her own hand) but thank god i'm NOT alone! Bad Grin
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Ooh Scal-girl I want to be your flatmate, or sister, can I adopt you Razz

Have been hunting round threads for the ones on tca peel as my internet has been down and just back on and my wishlist has grown considerably. I either need to win the lotter or marry a millionaire, and know both are out Embarassed

Was sold on the BabyQuasar and now thinking about Nuface as well Shock

Am making lenghty notes as well as saving your routine scalwaggirl, it must take you ages, and you must be so discaplined. I am full of good intentions but a bit hit and miss, have vitamins in cupboard, but only start to take when feel a cold coming on or under the weather, perhaps should try hypnosis Laughing

Was going to go to pilates this morning but got caught up in all these threads, good intentions again, I will continue to look round, with my wish list growing by the minute, am already to order my tca though.

Keep up the good work, you look fantastic in your pictures, I wonder if these salespeople need any guineapigs to practise on, cos I will happily volunteer Laughing
rosario
5% products discount

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates from new NUface users?????
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, have you tried the NuFace in the Scalp area like someone suggested? I am thinking that would be like a brow lift, which I am seriously considering. Hoping this will hold me off for a few years though Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
Scally, have you tried the NuFace in the Scalp area like someone suggested? I am thinking that would be like a brow lift, which I am seriously considering. Hoping this will hold me off for a few years though Smile

Yep, but only moving the device into the scalp area, if that makes sense.

One thing I have noticed is that my brow is not furrowing as much when I krinkle my forehead (make sense?) - it's almost the same effect as a topical relaxer but they don't work well on me (most of them). So, I am pleased that I have an overall brighter, tighter feel to the skin now and can avoid the knife for awhile, too. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Well I did it today, ordered the NuFace from thewww.glow.com I've seen good results as far as skin tone etc with the BQ, so hope this will be as effective with firming

Ricky
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Ricky,

may I ask ahy did you order it from glow?

I am lemming Nuface also. My concern is an ability to return if it would do nothing for me.

TIA,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone from the UK ordered one, and if so where from please?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Has anyone from the UK ordered one, and if so where from please?

Well, I had a good google on it, and couldnt come up with anyone selling it in the UK /europe.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:35 am      Reply with quote
From what I have read previously most UK buyers have got them from EDS. I will be buying mine from here, the price is good & the discount makes it better & the service is fantastic. I have never had a problem with EDS purchases.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I wish mine would get here soon!
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Scaly:

Where are your updated photos? I was also wondering if you have tried the dermatone. There is such a price difference and it looks almost the same.
It seems we use the same actives. Do you apply your DMAE before or after using the Nuface.
It would seem to be beneficial to use it ahead of time since they think the DMAE works by stimulating the contractraction of muscles.

I would also like to congratulate you on what you have accomplished. You look great!! I had seen you on another board about a year ago and your skin just glows now Very Happy

Patrod,
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
Scaly:

Where are your updated photos? I was also wondering if you have tried the dermatone. There is such a price difference and it looks almost the same.
It seems we use the same actives. Do you apply your DMAE before or after using the Nuface.
It would seem to be beneficial to use it ahead of time since they think the DMAE works by stimulating the contractraction of muscles.

I would also like to congratulate you on what you have accomplished. You look great!! I had seen you on another board about a year ago and your skin just glows now Very Happy

Patrod,

Thanks, Patrod! I embarked on a big routine change back in August and seemed to have been able to combine the best (for me) approach that covers many angles. I'll post updated photos today but I normally wait until there is significant change to do that. The Nuface is still performing very well and I did actually research the Dermaltone but the company is no longer in business - I do know they periodically sell units on eBay but I wasn't comfortable with the situation. That is why I opted for the Nuface.

Regarding DMAE, if I use it, it is toward the end of my routine. I am not so sure that it does much for me. Originally, I used it to try to achieve tightness around my cheeks, on my lips for plumpness (I am no using Lips2Kiss now and want to test for effectiveness of that product line only - DMAE does help for this, though) and I mainly use it under my jaw now. However, it never tightened that I could see though I did like how it helped plump my lips (weird that it does that, I know). I've used 3 and 4% amine. Perhaps, 6% is one I should investigate and probably will after I use up what I have.

In fact, I have tried relaxers such as PSF Browtox (liked the effect but it broke me out) and Relax-aline (didn't do anything). I have noticed that I am getting similar, if not much better, results w/the Nuface as I am unable to furrow my brow much AND with great effort on my part. I have to really try to do it now so that is a very big improvement for me. It shows that the muscles are indeed tightening.

One update is that I've switched back to using the included Nuface mist but I wash it off afterward. I was not satisfied w/the Aloe Vera gel as I thought it ultimately interfered with conductivity. The break out issue that I initially experienced, I believe, was due to my simultaneous increase in MSM to 4000 mg from 2000/day. It can cause toxin release on occasion when increased and seems to have worked itself out now.

I've devised a rather clever plan for getting my powdered supplements in each day that is so easy for me, it's silly. Before each morning, I'd have to haul out each container, measure out the amounts into a funnel, fiddle w/measuring spoons, etc. It was making me nuts. So, I found a vendor on eBay that sells science supplies. I ordered small dram (think they're 5) sized cylinders w/lids and put one days worth of my powders in each. Each morning, I plop one into my juice (I use an empty water bottle because I can continuously shake it to keep the powder mixed) add my silica gel and I'm off. It's a huge time saver and allows me to take my powdered supps religiously.

So, I'll post some pics later!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi again:

I just looked and I'm only taking 500 mg of MSM. It is one of those supplements for joint pain with Glucosamine. Where did you get all your info on supplements? I'm starting to think that is the reason for you success.
I've been using the 4% DMAE now for at least 13 weeks (that was the time Deb said it would take for accumlative results) and I still just notice a lift about 10 min after application. Which I also notice diminishes in a short time Sad
Where do you get your powders? What all do you take?
Maybe I'm too old to kick start. I'm 52 and have just noticed the sagging this year. My son even said something about a turkey neck. Which really scared me. What scares me more though is a facelift. I watch those programs on TV and am just terrified when I see the way they look after they come out of the operating room. It looks so painfull!

patrod
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
Hi again:

I just looked and I'm only taking 500 mg of MSM. It is one of those supplements for joint pain with Glucosamine. Where did you get all your info on supplements? I'm starting to think that is the reason for you success.
I've been using the 4% DMAE now for at least 13 weeks (that was the time Deb said it would take for accumlative results) and I still just notice a lift about 10 min after application. Which I also notice diminishes in a short time Sad
Where do you get your powders? What all do you take?
Maybe I'm too old to kick start. I'm 52 and have just noticed the sagging this year. My son even said something about a turkey neck. Which really scared me. What scares me more though is a facelift. I watch those programs on TV and am just terrified when I see the way they look after they come out of the operating room. It looks so painfull!

patrod

I completely understand what you mean about cosmetic surgery for face lifts. It's also very hard to keep the work subtle - I hate the "pulled" look - it is scary!

Actually, I don't believe in being too old to change. Smile I'm 40, for goodness sake, that's no spring chicken! You can obtain improvements, I'm proof! As for my supplements, I follow Deb's guideline that was on the Skincareboard and now on the Weight4Lose (can't remember the link but can look it up, if needed). I buy everything from Vitacost and do agree that this is the foundation for my improvements coupled with my skincare changes. I am very happy with my results so far and feel not only that I've tapped into the fountain of youth but actually improved the plumbing along the way. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that I just started the Lip2Kiss system too. I have been a life long addict to chapstick. Its been 4 days now and my lips are really giving me a fit. I guess it would have been a good idea not to try this during the coldest time of the year. I am exfoliating at least twice a day because they are peeling so bad.

Pat
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
I forgot to mention that I just started the Lip2Kiss system too. I have been a life long addict to chapstick. Its been 4 days now and my lips are really giving me a fit. I guess it would have been a good idea not to try this during the coldest time of the year. I am exfoliating at least twice a day because they are peeling so bad.

Pat

Nah, it'd probably have been the same in summer. Just keep the products on. I, too, am getting very dry without them but we must trudge on! Mine are getting juicier/plumper and more color so I know it's working. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I just checked over at the skincare board and thank goodness someone had Deb's original list of supplements saved! I thought for sure when you mentioned your source, it was deleted.

So...I'm going to order the nu-face and get on line and start ordering supplements.
I think I might try and take some before and after pics. I just got a camera. Do you have to use photobucket to download a picture here?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
patrod wrote:
I just checked over at the skincare board and thank goodness someone had Deb's original list of supplements saved! I thought for sure when you mentioned your source, it was deleted.

So...I'm going to order the nu-face and get on line and start ordering supplements.
I think I might try and take some before and after pics. I just got a camera. Do you have to use photobucket to download a picture here?

Yeah, Molly and I worked together to piece it back together but Deb was a little piqued that we did so without asking. I understood her point but thought it was useful so we didn't do anything about it. Smile

Definitely take before pics. It will greatly help you see the differences and is such a good tool for comparisons. I do use Photobucket for all of my pics. I add the IMG reference into my post from the link on PB.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |