Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Vivier Vitamin-C IDS High Potency Serum 20%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I have started using this over two years ago. It was my first time trying a Vit. C product and when I discovered this forum...it was hard for me to write a decent review because I have not tried a lot of different brands.

I have tried Cellex-C and found the texture to be watery and difficult to apply to my face. Then I tried Vivier, first starting with 5% for my eyes and 10% for my face. It was gradual and started applying it every three days, the every other day. Then I moved up to 20% and I could not believe the instant change in my pores, skin texture and just the brightness of my skin. I looked less tired and literally, looked younger and refreshed.

ISC Super Serum became very popular here and I had to try it. I loved it because it did not cause me to break out. I also tried Skinceuticals CE furlic and that made me get acne.

I was disappointed that ISC super serum turned colour after about a month and a half. I could not tell if my face looked even brighter then it already is.
When I finished the bottle, I went back to Vivier Vitamin-C IDS 20% and I noticed a huge difference.

The texture of this serum is thicker, made me panic when I thought there is oil in it but there isn't and leaves a nice glow. I can apply my Cellcosmet Ultra Vital cream or the Sensetive cream on top and I don't feel any heavy feeling on my skin. Then I apply my Skinceuticals sunblock and I'm done.

As for the fine lines I used to have on my crow feet, I no longer have them and I truly believe that Vivier was the product that smoothed it out. I think it also helped that I mixed Baking Soda with Cetaphil as a scrub for my face & body.

I am so happy with Vivier Vitamin C and I will repurchase again.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Here is the ingredients...
ethoxydiglycol
propylene glycol
purified water
l-ascorbic acid USP (vitamin C)
grapefruit extract
fragrance

I have never detected fragrance scent and I have to admit that this is the first time I have read the ingredients that I can remember. I am smelling the bottle right now and I can't smell anything.

Does the ingredient list look good?

Hi Skincare - I am so excited about trying this serum and am relieved to hear that you are loving your results - especially after 2 years! I am also thrilled that you have used other popular serums only to return to Vivier as you found it more effective!! <WOW!>

If I had any concerns at all about his product it would be the first ingredient listed - ethoxydiglycol. I noticed it while researching the Vivier/20% ingredients 3 days ago and am baffled by it. I do not understand what it does or why it would be listed first? Can anyone else explain it's purpose and high listing in the ingredients for me?

Other than this one concern, I am totally 'stoked' about trying this great sounding serum!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds right Scots...Vivier want to make sure that all questions are answered before you purchase.

I look forward to your PM Very Happy
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Viver vitamin C and really liked the results, however I switched to Skinceuticals vit c and ferlic and absolutely love the results.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |