Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best Waterproof Mascara...and cheap!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
deborahecooper
5% products discount

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I just started using Avon's wash off waterproof mascara and WOW!! I was having so much trouble with my mascaras smudging under my eyes and I was sick of trying all kinds of waterproof mascaras that wrecked havock on my lashes. But this one is so gentle and super easy to remove. I use eyemakeup remover to get it off, but wasm water and a little scrubbing takes it off well too. And no smudges! I am SO happy! And it's under $9, and sometimes even on sale!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
good review!

i've been using the skyhigh maybelline waterproof mascara as i too have smudging problems. the mascara seems to smudge down to my lower eye... and makes me look like i have bags.

i have noticed that the skyhigh is better than most i've tried, but by afternoon, i still get the shadow effect.

will try this avon one.
how long is the wear on this?

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I love Maybelline Full N Soft waterproof. I always have 1 in my makeup draw for when I need a waterproof mascara.
newbiely
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Support for Maybelline waterproof. It is listed in COSMO as No.1,and which is really good
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry...my vote is for L'Oreal Double Extend beauty Tubes. I tested it after running a half marathon and I didn't get any racoon eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 am      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
Sorry...my vote is for L'Oreal Double Extend beauty Tubes. I tested it after running a half marathon and I didn't get any racoon eyes.

this like blinc mascara tubes, right?
are you able to use a curler on ur lashes when u use this mascara?
TIA!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, My complaint about mascara is that it clumps on my lashes making them look too heavy and stiff. Any recommendations? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
llina, I do not use a curler as it tends to make my lashes break.
Mars, I rotate the wand as I apply the mascara. I think that makes the lashes less clumpy and seem to force them to curl a bit. In the past I used to have one of those eyelash combs (oloks like tiny needles). They keep the lashes separated and not clumpy but I had to be careful that I do not poke my eye as the needles are really sharp.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, I never heard of rotating the wand. I'll give that a try. Thank you! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
WOW,it sounds very nice and really cheap.I'd like to have a try~

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I always use loreal,I feel it's better than Maybelline
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
My favourite mascara, besides the Lancome, is Max Factor Calories 2000
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have a recommendation for a waterproof mascara that isn't drying? My poor little eyelashes aren't that impressive to begin with, can't risk losing any. . .
onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
cheap and good, i have to try, i hope it's perfect for my skin

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Avon wash off waterproof is my favorite mascara.
It doesn't feel crunchy or flake off during the day. I cut sandwich bags into little squares and use them to wipe off the extra mascara from the wand before I use it. This works better for me than using a lash comb afterwards.

I get emails all the time from Avon for free shipping with a $5 order. The mascara goes on sale quite often for $1.99 and so I end up 3 mascaras at a time for 6 dollars!
Gardenginger

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I use Maybelline Collossal Washable Mascara in Blackest Black. It comes in Waterproof too. I wear contacts and the washable is better for me. I have oily skin and wear undereye concealer as I am 53, the concealer has to be creamy. It still doesn't give me coon eyes! Another secret is to carry around some Neutrogena Makeup Remover pads (handy little bag available, fits anywhere) and do a quick cleanup at lunch if you are having a stressful day with smudges. Also works if you are working late or have to run after work.
vinco
5% products discount

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
One vote for L'Oreal Double Extend. It's perfect with my Shu Uemura curler.

I don't have the smudging problem but my eyelashes are short and not curling. Sad So any extending mascara is good for me.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I work in a kitchen hospital with a HUGE mechanical dish machine so the environment is very humid.
My favorite is MAC Splashproof. Also the new Covergirl eyelights mascara are not bad, didnt smudge.

I tried AVON before but is smells very "chemical" to me
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
ahen9 wrote:
I always use loreal,I feel it's better than Maybelline

I agree with you.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:01 am      Reply with quote
3rd oculus - the Full and Soft seems to be ok when it comes to drying out my lashes. I also find that using Neutrogena Extra gentle cleanser helps to remove the mascara without yanking my eyelashes out! I have fine eyelashes and some stuff makes them break off and look awful, but the Full and Soft seems not to bother me. And it looks really good - not over done or harsh.
m4paws

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use Organic Wear masacara by Physicians Formula. I never have racoon eye problems and I like that the mascara doesn't flake like a lot of them seem to do with me.

There's a really good review for it but I'm too new to link to it. It's at a website called "organicmakeupandskincare" and if you search for Organic Wear mascara you can read the review.

Anyway, I've been happy with it and I also like that my lashes feel soft when I wear it.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
m4paws, is the organic physicians formula very expensive? I have heard great things about the brand and would like to try it.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Loreal Double Extension.
Canmake.
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the CoverGirl Lashblast for a year or so and I adore it....It makes my eyelashes look great. I actually get asked if I have fake lashes.....I have tried others and nothing seems to compare to this. The second on my list would be the one that has the white on one side and color on the other, although I forget the name & brand.

A good way to get the waterproof mascaras off is to use Jojoba Oil....I actually done this by incident one night and it took it right off, very very easily without pulling other brows out!

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |