Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Sitewide Besame Discount - SUPER CHEAP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
For the next 9 days only, Besame cosmetics has discounted its entire line, Highly discounted, with most products 6$ and under. I have spent loads on this line in the past, so was thrilled and went and ordered about 8 things last night.
Get it quick while you can!!!!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
No international shipping Sad

I've always wanted to try this line too...
Wonder why they’re doing the clearance? New packaging maybe?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Amylola, are any of the lippies anything like the Julie Hewett Bijou sheers?
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
No they are very pigmented, and very small cases. But very cute, and very cheap right now. I love Red Velvet and Besame red, which is brighter red.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
No they are very pigmented, and very small cases. But very cute, and very cheap right now. I love Red Velvet and Besame red, which is brighter red.

That's what I got! I'm hoping I like them. Amylola, have you tried the glosses? *They call it something else*

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't try the glosses, I was going to, but again, I've got a serious lip gloss * spam alert *, and really didn't need any more. I did get the moisturizer, 2 refills for my powder compact (4$ each!!!) and a blush
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, I am so pathetic. I haven't ever even heard of this line before and have plenty of makeup and yet I couldn't help checking out the site and making a large purchase. I spent $55 and, with everything being $6 or less...well, that is alot of stuff!! Mad

Someone needs to set an intervention up for me...clearly, I need the help. Laughing

So, heres what I got:

Eyeshadow: Pistachio
Loose Powder
Rouge
Satin Roll
Enchanting Lipstick: Gold Lame, Champagne and Coral
Lip Glazer: Peach Shimmer
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa - I have bought this line in the past, many items, and they are all great quality and gorgeous packaging, but beware the items are TINY, the packaging on the eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks and powders are just very very small, but the prices are unbelievable compared to what I have paid in the past. I think you will be happy.
Oh I also bought the souffle foundation, which i had bought last year and returned, b/c it was like 38$ at the time, and the color just wasn't right, but for 6$ i figure I will make it work!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
brenpatsa - I have bought this line in the past, many items, and they are all great quality and gorgeous packaging, but beware the items are TINY, the packaging on the eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks and powders are just very very small, but the prices are unbelievable compared to what I have paid in the past. I think you will be happy.
Oh I also bought the souffle foundation, which i had bought last year and returned, b/c it was like 38$ at the time, and the color just wasn't right, but for 6$ i figure I will make it work!

Thanks for the heads up on the sizes. I wondered what the orginal prices were on these items...interesting to know that the foundation was $38. Now I really feel like I got bargains!
I hope I like the colors that I picked out but, then again, since I can't ever re-order them, I am kinda hoping that I don't love them TOO much, if you KWIM!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Whoopeee Bren. I almost bought the Gold Lame and chickened out. I want a picture when you get it.
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Just today, I got the notice that my Besame items shipped. I think I ordered on the 31st of July.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Just today, I got the notice that my Besame items shipped. I think I ordered on the 31st of July.

Huh? Their website says they ship within 36 hours. Grrr...how frustrating. I am several days behind you....
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Huh? Their website says they ship within 36 hours. Grrr...how frustrating. I am several days behind you....

I gather you've not heard from them yet? After all the recent talk on CC fraud, I decided to try the new PayPal plug so at first I thought that might be the hold up. Maybe it's just the sale.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

I gather you've not heard from them yet? After all the recent talk on CC fraud, I decided to try the new PayPal plug so at first I thought that might be the hold up. Maybe it's just the sale.

I haven't heard a thing. I emailed them earlier tonight to find out the status but they only respond Mon-Friday.
If the sale is delaying their shipping, they should have posted that on their home page!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

I haven't heard a thing. I emailed them earlier tonight to find out the status but they only respond Mon-Friday.
If the sale is delaying their shipping, they should have posted that on their home page!!

I agree with you, Bren. I also see they continued the sale and are now offering free moisturizer. I am finding it hard to believe that she's going to be back with new products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
After checking out the site and the crazy-good prices, plus hearing your reviews, I really wanted to order! BUT, I can't find complete ingredient lists anywhere, which is a big deal for me since I'm allergic to lots of things.

Anyone know if there's such a doc or link about it? I actually went so far as to call them, but since the sale's only through tonight, I don't expect to get a reply in time. Sad

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I ordered on the first day of the sale and got my stuff on thursday. I saw that they are now giving free gloss AND moisturizer with 50 dollar purchase, but i only spent 30 so oh well. Its still an amazing deal, but I agree I don't think they are coming back with new products, I think this is it for them. Too bad, I like their face powder alot, its easy to carry with, and the refills are great. I got 2 more refills for only 4 each, thats cheaper than drugstore!!
All the ingredients are on the boxes, so not sure about that, but surprised they are not emailing you back, maybe they are just not staffed anymore and are trying to just end it.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
For those who didn't get the email...Besame has decided to extend their sale of this collection until 9/6 or until stock is sold out.

I am loving the stuff that I got from my first order. The Sun-kissed rouge looks wonderful on my fair, freckled skin and the Pistachio eye shadow is lovely with my blue eyes. I have never been able to wear green before but this is just the nicest shade and really highlights my eyes. The texture of both of those products is really nice...powder but with a creaminess to it.

I like the Lip Glazes too. The peach shimmer is subtle but adds a nice glow. Looks nice with the slight tan that I currently have.

The Champagne lipstick is very nice too, especially with the Peach lip glaze over it. The Gold Lame is too shimmery gold to use alone as a lipstick but maybe over another color, it would like nice. I ordered the Coral lipstick and was really looking forward to it as I heard it was beautiful but was bummed because it wasn't in my package and the invoice said it was sold out and that they would credit my card. (I keep forgetting to check my statement to make sure that they actually did).

So...of course, now that they brought back the products/sale, I just had to order some more stuff. Eyeshadow in the brown and cream colors and some red lipsticks. I also ordered another Peach Shimmer lip glaze.

Amy - I was just curious as to why you think the company is going out of business. Didn't the original sale email said that they were just selling out their first collection and were hard at work on their 2nd one? Did you get more recent info.?

Blues - what did you think of the two red lipsticks that you got?
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
THat was the info in the first email, but it is looking more and more like they are going out of business, I mean the fancy packaging was their trademark, so what are they going to do going forward? It just doesn't make sense. Just wanted to warn anyone that has the pressed powder, DO NOT carry it in your purse daily, mine shattered in a week. Luckily I bought 3 refills, I think this is better off for your "going out" nights, for touch ups, or to leave at home, very delicate. I am tempted to order more, but they are sold out of alot. I bought the mascara but haven't tried it yet, don't want to open it yet so that it doesn't go bad, Im in the middle of 4 different mascaras so I am going to wait.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I ordered the Coral lipstick and was really looking forward to it as I heard it was beautiful but was bummed because it wasn't in my package and the invoice said it was sold out and that they would credit my card. (I keep forgetting to check my statement to make sure that they actually did).

Amy - I was just curious as to why you think the company is going out of business. Didn't the original sale email said that they were just selling out their first collection and were hard at work on their 2nd one? Did you get more recent info.?

FYI, I emailed them to bug them about refunding all the items I ordered that didn't show up, and they got back to me the following business day saying my account had been credited. (I haven't seen that yet, but I think that they've done it on their end and I just need to wait for my bank to process it.)

They also said in that same email that they were indeed gearing up for the Next Big Thing, just like what they apparently told all of y'all in their initial sale email.

I SOOOOO wish I had known they'd extend the sale! Then I would have waited until Monday to call and ask them what their exact ingredient list for each product was, instead of scrambling to order during the weekend before the sale was over. It turns out nearly all of their stuff has mineral oil in it, yech! Fine for some folks, I'm sure, but breakout city for me.

In the end, I'm swapping and selling nearly all of my items on MUA. (In fact, if any of you missed out on stock, you could track me down on MUA and see what I've got left...) But I am deeply in love with the packaging, and I'm keeping an empty compact or two just for that purpose. Stila eye shadows fit fairly well into the pressed powder compact, with just a hint of extra room -- just FYI!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, I called Besame to see what they would tell me about their future plans. They said that the creator is hard at work on the next collection but that it is not likely to debut until at least next year. It seems so strange to me that they would close out one collection so... far before the debut of the next one. Seems like it is pretty risky to me as dedicated customers are likely to move on to something else in the mean time. Anyway, she said the next collection will be bigger and better than the first and will likely still be in the same type of beautiful packaging.

GinnieLizz - what a bummer that you can't use the products that you ordered. I checked out your list on Makeup Alley and you ordered a ton!! Thankfully, I don't have a problem with mineral oil. The mineral oil bothers you in lip and eye products as well as ones used directly on facial skin?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Bren,
I love the glaze, I got the Cherry and the lipsticks are beautiful. I prefer the Besame Red over the Red Velvet. Which of the reds were you looking into? I wish I'd gotten more of the glazes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Bren,
I love the glaze, I got the Cherry and the lipsticks are beautiful. I prefer the Besame Red over the Red Velvet. Which of the reds were you looking into? I wish I'd gotten more of the glazes.

Hi Blues, Nice to see you back here!

I just ordered the Besame Red, Carmine, Chocolate Kiss and Merlot. I ordered the Chocolate Kiss because the description said it was good for redheads. We'll see!

Not to late to order more of the glazes! I just ordered some more of those too. I read alot of views that the Chocolate one is great alone and over lipsticks to tone them down.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
GinnieLizz - what a bummer that you can't use the products that you ordered. I checked out your list on Makeup Alley and you ordered a ton!! Thankfully, I don't have a problem with mineral oil. The mineral oil bothers you in lip and eye products as well as ones used directly on facial skin?

I know -- I'm a junkie! Actually, I saw that the compacts were magnetic, and sooo cheap, so I wound up ordering some of the stuff as gifts and some with the intention of using the cases with other brands (like I did with the Stila shadow) since they're as cheap as other refillable cases, if not cheaper, and SO much prettier. But as it turns out, I sold almost all of it to an MUAer who gobbled it up, so that worked out nicely. She was really grateful for the good prices (I just charged what they charged me.)

Mineral oil just clogs my pores like crazy, so lipsticks/glosses/liners give me little blackheads around my lips that turn into irritated pimples eventually, and eyeliners give me milia around my eyes, and brow pencils give me blackheads/zits around the brows. :/

I did keep the one eye shadow I ordered, and it's quite nice (though unremarkable in terms of color -- they described/pictured it as a beigey champagney, but really it's a shimmery ivory and I already had one of those!). I'm debating whether to try out the blush I got -- sometimes I do get breakouts on my cheeks, but I feel like powders "sit" on top of the skin more than stuff like liners/glosses, so there might be less breakout potential. We'll see -- I'm waiting to see if any MUA members want it.

System
Automatic Message
Tue May 21, 2024 4:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |