Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Candy's new High Octane C serum...... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I wonder if people's skin type (dry vs oily) has anything to do with it?

It could be the key Poco. I'm not using the Triple-C, but I have similar issues with the other products and I'm surprised by that after reading the reviews. In fact I'm rinsing off after applying. I was thinking it was the Aloe juice or the possibly the Marine extract, but that doesn't seem to be present in this one. I'm finding I get a lot of non-absorbing sheen. I'm normal, occasionally dry with a combo nose.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Molly, do you think vit C serum still will work if i rinse it in 30 minutes after application? I know that vit c (l-ascorbic acid from) once absorbed cannot be washed out, but I don't know about other forms of vitC.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Mine is thicker but I wouldn't call it slimey at all. I love it....

My skin tends to be oily....

(as in Olive Oil Princess.....lol)
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
It does sound like people have Candy's C serum with two different textures, too. Interesting. I know I have balling up issues with serums that have seakelp extract in it. No problems with aloe so far.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
Molly, do you think vit C serum still will work if i rinse it in 30 minutes after application?

I hope so cos that's what I'm doing. I've done that with other C serums and I reckon they still do a lot of good. Whether they'd do more good if I didn't rinse I can't say. Confused
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
It does sound like people have Candy's C serum with two different textures, too. Interesting. I know I have balling up issues with serums that have seakelp extract in it. No problems with aloe so far.

I can't use seakelp either, Candy uses a different version of this and I've had no problems with it at all. My C from Candy after about a week started to ball up on me a bit and left a film, then I realized I needed to just shake it up and all was good again. After shaking before using, its not doing that at all anymore, sinks right in.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I always shake mine but I'm wondering if I should try adding a bit of distilled water to thin it down. I realize the % of vit. c will drop, but I wouldn't think enough to make it ineffective.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I always shake mine too, but it doesn't help.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I always shake mine but I'm wondering if I should try adding a bit of distilled water to thin it down. I realize the % of vit. c will drop, but I wouldn't think enough to make it ineffective.

It may oxidize more quickly if you add water to it, but then again it may not. It's worth a try.
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I used this product for the first time today and applied Juvedical serum 10 minutes later plus antioxidant cream, Dr H Quince cream then foundation and experienced no balling up or filmy residue. My skin is combo (oily t-zone) rest of face normal to dry (tending to be dry around eyes).
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
The first time I used this, it did leave some sort of very light film. I thought maybe it had gone bad sometime during the shipment when we were experiencing really cold weather and that it froze up. The next day I shook it and it was just fine so I shake it now before every use. I have combo skin....fairly oily in the summer and on the drier side in the winter. The texture of mine is pretty watery and absorbs within minutes.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I have my samples on the way and am so looking forward to trying them. Has anyone experienced any breakouts (Miss Sensitive Skin here)?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm waiting for my samples of High Octane C serum as well. Ordered them over the Christmas holiday when Candy was out so hopefully will receive them soon. A friend of mine works at Dermalogica and said that the MAP version of vitamin C is supposed to be one of the few truly effective products for hyperpigmentation. So when I saw this on Candy's website, I clicked "add to basket" right away!!
tamifaye
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Got mine today. The consistency is lovely! I really like the way my skin feels after I apply it. Doesn't feel as dry and taut as it does when I use Cellex-C. I will try to do a half face comparison until my Cellex C runs out. No promises though. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine too! Mine is thin and silky in consistency. Very Happy
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I give, I give .... [grumbling as I place an order for Triple C, DMAE, cleansing butter and 2 body creams}

Let's NOT tell my hubby that I still have 2 half-used bottles of DMAE and 19 travel vials of Skinceuticals C&E.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
I got mine too! Mine is thin and silky in consistency. Very Happy

I got mine today too -- just what Poco said!

Marla

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I tried Candy's Triple C serum this morning and unfortunately, it stung and my face got a bit blotchy. I tried it shortly after her 4% DMAE bitartrate which also stung. I think I won't be able to use either of these products. Crying or Very sad (why do I even keep trying? Rolling Eyes )
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I don't get it....try using the triple c by itself-no dmae & see what happens.

Poco, I don't remember, did you ever try skinmedica?
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I will do that, try it without the dmae. After a couple of days when everything is back to normal.

I tried the SkinMedica only once about a year ago and was shocked by the texture so I through it away. It was so different than what I was used to. I now want to try it again. I haven't ordered a sample of it though, as I wanted to try Candy's serum first. I can use JB's C&C serum and also Professional Solutions' Triple C serum (no ascorbic acid). They give a nice glow but haven't done anything to lighten my brown spots after one year of use. Maybe I haven't been using a strong enough sunscreen....
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
If all else fails, I think skinmedica is a good bet...don't fear the texture, that kept me from buying it for years and I have oily skin. As for sensitive skin well.....Theresa uses it!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
If all else fails, I think skinmedica is a good bet...don't fear the texture, that kept me from buying it for years and I have oily skin. As for sensitive skin well.....Theresa uses it!

Laughing Laughing

PocoLoco I have been looking forward to your reaction because if anyone would have a bad reaction it would be you (or me but I wasn't about to try a 20% ascorbic acid C serum!) I am sorry to hear that this didn't work for you. Well maybe without the DMAE it will not cause any irritation. I look forward to hearing if you still get irritation when you use this without the DMAE.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I give, I give .... [grumbling as I place an order for Triple C, DMAE, cleansing butter and 2 body creams}

Let's NOT tell my hubby that I still have 2 half-used bottles of DMAE and 19 travel vials of Skinceuticals C&E.

I gave in too... mine is on it's way. Smile
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I know that Vitamin C is an anti-oxident ... and I've been using Skinceuticals C&E but just started Candy's Triple C serum ... but here's my question.

What exactly do people SEE or notice with their skin when using Vitamin C?

I use it because it's an AOX - but can't say I could see anything on my skin with Skinceuticals.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I know that Vitamin C is an anti-oxident ... and I've been using Skinceuticals C&E but just started Candy's Triple C serum ... but here's my question.

What exactly do people SEE or notice with their skin when using Vitamin C?

I use it because it's an AOX - but can't say I could see anything on my skin with Skinceuticals.

For me, it helps to keep my rosacea in check and evens out my skin tone.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |