Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best eyeliner?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
summer1
5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in the market for a new eyeliner... I've been wimpily using Clinique quickliner in dark brown and a black kohl Lancome eyeliner, but I think I'm ready to move on. Any suggestions?
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
you could try a liquid eyeliner.how about nars's
kate98
5% products discount

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
BEAUTE de KOSE W Eyeliner,i love it.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
or a gel eyeliner like Bobby Brown?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
My all-time fave eyeliners are Sue Devitt's Eye Intensifier Pencils. Don't be scared by how tick they are--- you can still get a beautiful, natural line. The colors are all so rich and vibrant, and they last all day too. My two faves are Zaire (eggplant) and Gold Reef (shimmery chocolate bronze). Here's a picture of me wearing Gold Reef, with Alima's eye liner powder in "Illusion" smudged over it:

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
i LOVE bobby brown long lasting gel eyeliner...

and kate's superfine eyeliner (japanese brand i think by kose?)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kevyn Aucoin and Deluxe Beauty are both great.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
You are so beautiful.!!!
Lovely eyes and eyebrows and lashes!!!You look divine.
Thank you for the picture.Your make up is awesome.
Linda
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
MAC Fluidline.
Lasts just as well as Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, but easier to apply and comes off much easier too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have MAC Fluidlines and BB gel liners. I prefer Fluidlines because they last longer and the BB seem to smudge on me. I wish MAC would come up with more shades.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:

me too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote

me three. hahaha Smile I love these two and chanel eyeliner pencil!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner

seems everyone likes it! Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
I have MAC Fluidlines and BB gel liners. I prefer Fluidlines because they last longer and the BB seem to smudge on me. I wish MAC would come up with more shades.

completely agree except BB's don't smudge on me. I prefer fluidline texture better though.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried the Aromaleigh eyeliner fix that allows you to use mmu eyeshadows and fix them as eyeliners?

I really want to try it but Aromaleigh dont ship outside the US and I havent found a similar product anywhere else.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
MAC Fluidline for me.

I have really oily eyelids and most eyeliners don't stay put - but I really like the MAC.

I must admit that Avalange's reviews of the Julie Hewitt eyeliners has been lemming!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Catski, I have the Aromaleigh eyeliner sealant. I have used it a few times, it does it's job well, however I don't use it b/c the tip of the bottle lets out too much product and I end up using more mmu to get the consistency right. Instead I use tap water or visine eye drops, and to me they get the job done. HTH.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz; where do you buy the pencils?Never heard of that brand. I dont like liquid liner, I use pencils too and just press it into the upper lashes to accentuate and open up my eyes without a visible line. Its very hard to get a good pencil that goes on easily,right now I am usig maybelline expertwear pencil that glides o easily but always looking for new stuff to try.You look great!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
MAC Fluidline.
Lasts just as well as Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, but easier to apply and comes off much easier too.

Ditto - the MAC fluidline is spectacular - nice price - excellent range of colours..BTW, you're a manslayer for sure, Liz - WOWZA!
Pudoodls
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict, lucyluc, and Pudoodles: You guys are WAY too nice to me!

lucyluc, I usually get these eyeliners are either Sephora or Beauty.com. Here's a link so you can see all the colors:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P9440&categoryId=C14625

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I use n.y.c. automatic eyliner pencil (No sharpening LOL)in a color called plum perfect. I like pencils because you can smudge and/ or like manslayerliz said put more shadow over it for emphasis. Maybe I'll look int o sue devitt's like her, but the drugstore brand I use is like $3 Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Liz--you have such lovely eyes. and thank you for the sue devitt recommendation, i actually like thicker pencils. with the thinner ones, i have to keep coloring in to get a thicker line.

Kristen Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
You are so beautiful.!!!
Lovely eyes and eyebrows and lashes!!!You look divine.
Thank you for the picture.Your make up is awesome.
Linda

what she said....gorgeous!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I tear all the time now and makeup does not stay. I have brown eyes. Any suggestion for a liner that I can soften and smudge to get the smokey look? A harsh line on me looks horrid and dated. I have been using pencil for years but the same ones I have been using don't last now. I even tried MAC and they said they were very water resistant and they don't last.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have some Bobbi Brown gel liner that is slightly dried out. Any suggestions other than throwing it away?

-Cheri
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 21, 2024 5:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |