Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ifeelpretty - Healing serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I used this for the first time tonight after trying a new cleanser. This does not burn or anything and my skin feels extremely soft. I think I will like this product also! BTW, I LOVE the chocolate orange drizzle lotion sample!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
i was just wondering if anyone who's ordered the bha recently has had any luck with getting the crystals (from cold weather conditions) to dissolve . . .
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
i was just wondering if anyone who's ordered the bha recently has had any luck with getting the crystals (from cold weather conditions) to dissolve . . .

I've been using the BHA for about 2 weeks now. I have lots of crystals in the bottle but I just left it there. But I had emailed Kim and asked her about it. She said that you could use your hairdryer (on low/warm speed), warm up the bottle than shake it vigorously. I haven't tried that because the crystal doesn't bother me. I asked if the crystal would be a problem if it was still in the bottle and Kim said that the only thing would the crystals might scratch your skin but I just take out the crystals when I feel it on my fingers.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 - there shouldn't be 'a lot' of crystals. I will send you a new bottle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
It's no problem - there really shouldn't be a lot of crystals, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'd rather send you a new bottle & that way you will be better able to judge if the product works for you or not. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
amazing customer service Smile
Mabsy

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Posts deleted - please keep order specific info, shipment notifications, etc, off the forum please. Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
How does the healing serum work for blackheads?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Annie R -
The healing serum really isn't formulated to help with blackheads - it's more for treating inflammation. A BHA product would be more appropriate for treating blackheads, since it works on the pores from the inside out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I thought there were notes about how difficult it is to get the serum out of the bottle but I can't find the reference here.

So far, I really like the healing serum though "heaping and massaging" is causing some dryness.

What I find pretty annoying is getting the serum out of the bottle. I know you have to tip it and wait for the drop to form but this takes a fairly long time - time I already don't have!!!! _)*&^%$@! GGGrrrr. Essential oils have the same drop system and never take that long to come out. I think I;m going to pour the serum into a small bottle with a dropper to minimize morning rage... Laughing
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure why a few of you are having such problems with the droppers. I've used the euro-droppers for about 8 years now & other than having to wait for about 5-10 seconds for the first drop to come out, they've always worked fine for me. Confused

Essential oils are usually much thinner than carrier oils - that is why they come out faster.

I don't like to use regular eyedroppers because the essential oils can get up into the dropper top & eat away at the rubber - plus if you knock the bottle over, you're going to lose everything inside.

I don't want to just use an open bottle with a plain lid because there is too great a chance of a spill - and again, you lose all of your product.

If you really hate the euro-dropper, you can remove it by gently pulling up on it after inserting a fingernail between it & the bottle top. Then just recap with the black top. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
If you really hate the euro-dropper, you can remove it by gently pulling up on it after inserting a fingernail between it & the bottle top. Then just recap with the black top.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. Works perfect for me now.
I want to add that I didn't have any problems with my dropper, I'm just impatient Very Happy
Mabsy

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
FYI, please keep customer service off the forums - thank you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this for two months and I think it is a keeper.

While Kim does not suggest it to be used all over, I have been rubbing it on my spots and then using the remind on my blemish prone areas. It has kept that area moisturised without breaking me out, so two thumbs up.

I do think it helps to speed up healing, especially the dry skin/flaky stage when using BHA/AHAs. Indeed using this and Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant I had nearly two weeks of blemish free skin around my chin area. This is big news given the fact that I had two or three deep zits there before. Cool

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Still my HG for those red, bumpy, cystic pimps.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I got this about a week and a half ago, and when I got it, I had some bumps that were starting to heal up. I put this serum on them, and I could swear they healed up faster than normal. This week, I ended up with an inflamed whitehead looking thing near my eye area, and I dabbed a bit of this on, overnight the redness died down, and within a day or so, it healed. I am absolutely loving this right now, and I think I'll never be without! It's great for healing up bumps and breakouts on the face.

Edit: about the eurodropper - I actually like it. At first I was having problems getting the product to come out when I realized there was an air bubble stuck in it, so I tapped the bottom of the bottle to dislodge the air bubble, and it's worked great since.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the healing serum for a few days now and I can't believe how well it works. I had some of those small bumps on my forehead, the ones that aren't really pimples but never go away. Well they are gone now and the only new products I have used are the healing serum at night and the clarifying serum twice a day.

Does anyone know if there is anything in the healing serum or clarifying serum that wouldn't be safe to use if you are pregnant? I would like to tell my sister about them but she is pregnant right now.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
DH got one blemish near his eye and it was hurting him so he was asking me if I have anything to make it go away so I applied the healing serum on him, and it deflated the next day. He calls the healing serum "magical potion". Laughing
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
OMG I love this!!
After 2 days one pimple on my forehead disappeared without a trace, a pimple the size of a grape (OK maybe a teensy weensy grape) by the side of my nose deflated a LOT and the breakout on my chin which I thought I'd bring with me to my grave actually looks like it's clearing up!
LOVE LOVE LOVE

Kim you're a lifesaver!!

By the way, in my zealousness to zap each and every single zit I have been using this 3 times a day...is that OK? No dryness or flaking at all so far since my skin's really oily...

Anyhoo those in two minds about trying this out... wait no more!!!
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Adding this to my IFP wishlist...
Does this help with post-pimple leftover red marks too?
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
It's tempting to order this. I just bought the Burt's Bees herbal blemish stick, which also uses oils. It's been ok so far but this sounds better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:

I haven't used it for that, so I can't say, but I did find that the mattifying pearl cream helped with fading marks; it made a noticable difference overnight actually, I was surprised.

*ETA- I was using the pearl powder overnight at the same time, so maybe it was both that helped.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:

I've been using this for quite a while and I'd have to say no. I don't think I like applying it onto healed pimples as I find (although I can't totally attribute to this) that the oils might actually make me spring up another pimple in the same spot. But this does help scabs heel faster if you've extracted.

skim: re - herbal blemish stick - it's really not that good and it's sorta greasy. Plus the roller ball gets cloudy very easily so it's not that hygienic, it's mostly alcohol. It's mainly the design of the roller ball that makes it cloudy/unhygienic. If you're looking for a similar product I'd say go for Desert Essence Blemish Touch stick - much more effective, roller ball is GOOD plus it's not greasy at all. It's still mostly alcohol but I don't mind it, I much prefer that to the bb's. It's sorta my dab and go product or after extraction product where the IFP is more of my AM/PM product which I don't use anymore since I started Taz.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both^ -- very helpful info.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
If you're looking for a similar product I'd say go for Desert Essence Blemish Touch stick - much more effective, roller ball is GOOD plus it's not greasy at all. It's still mostly alcohol but I don't mind it, I much prefer that to the bb's.

Sormuimui, does this have tea tree oil in it? I think I bought this before and never ended up using it. The one I have is in a clear frosted glass or plastic container....I need to find it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |