Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Hauschka Night Serum (20 ml)
Kukui nut oil/cream for eczema
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2004 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
The Eczema I developed on my back last month is now finally healing due to Kukui (a Hawaiian nut). I've spend over $100 on dermatologist precription creams to no avail, and have tried every remedy you can think of: oatmeal baths, jojoba oil, aloe, calamine, Triceram (some improvements with this, but your suppose to use it for 21 days and I ran out before then)... But the best thing has been my esthetician's recommendation of Kukui oil. I bought the Alba Kukui nut body cream at the health food store while I was waiting for my Kukui nut oil from Hawaii to arrive. OMG, within seconds after I put a generous amount of this thick, butter-like, soothing cream that smells like warm vanilla, my skin started exfoliating! My husband couldn't believe it either. All the dead eczema skin just started to peel off, you could literally see it Shock . Now I also have the pure oil, and my back is looking a million x's better. I also think in conjunction with the creams, the vitamins, herbs and accupuncture I have are also helping.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2004 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I have used kukui nut oil (also known as kemiri or candle nuts in parts of asia) and it is lovely. Hmm.. wonder why I stoped using it? Confused I always meant to try it in a cream form too.

In Asia, coarsely ground nuts are rubbed gently over the body with increasing pressure .. and the nut oil takes out the dirt from the pores and as you rub, the "granules" turn from a taupe color to dark from the dirt. The residual oil provides a deep moisturizer for the skin. It is popular for mature, rough or leathery skin.

End of today's trivia.. but a double Very Happy Very Happy for candle nuts.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2004 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
how interesting! thanks for sharing Wink
Mabsy

Tue May 25, 2004 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Wow, sounds great! And I'm glad that you finally found something that helped as well. I wonder if I can find a cream like that here....

Also want to try the scrub that Tiger_Tim described Shock I don't have mature or leathery skin.... but the scrub CHANGES colour. I'm a sucker for things that I can SEE working.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
the Alba Kukui nut body cream has become my favorite. It's just a regular body cream (not specifically for eczema) that just came out and it has aloe, shea butter cocoa butter, vanilla, and lots of other good stuff. It smells sooo good and despite how thick it is, my dry skin is drinking it up like water. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles PLUS (30 ml / 1 floz) Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |