Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
waffle wrote:
oh, and I think you mentioned you're prone to dermatitis -- so am I, so this will be a grand experiment.

Experiment, I like that Laughing I am sporting a flaky face with 6 red bumps on forehead. I am hoping the antibiotics I took for my sinus infection is the cause of my breakouts. I took my last pill this morning. Fingers crossed...

by the way, mtview, since we seem to be in the same boat with our skin, I have to say I've been taking handfuls of evening primrose oil, flax seed oil, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C, with 80 oz of water a day and that seems to be really helping.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Waffle,

80 oz??? That seems like a lot....mind you, I drink about that much coffee a day Rolling Eyes
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe how many imes in a row I'm comenting on this thread (I'm avoiding work) -- but I just wanted to say that I ordered very late last night, and I already got a fedex tracking number, so I'm pretty impressed with their shipping.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Wait, don't go back to work yet, did you order from Osea directly? Thanks
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Waffle,

80 oz??? That seems like a lot....mind you, I drink about that much coffee a day Rolling Eyes

well, 8 glasses is 64 oz so it's just two extra glasses. And I don't drink any other liquid besides water and 1 cup of coffee -- I don't think I could do it otherwise....I'd feel all sloshy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

yes I did...I was going to order from greenfeet for $$ reasons, but I noticed that in their kits they had the sea plasma, which made me wonder how long they'd been sitting around, since they don't call it sea plasma anymore. With natural stuff, I like ordering from the source since it'll be fresher.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
marina wrote:

yes I did...I was going to order from greenfeet for $$ reasons, but I noticed that in their kits they had the sea plasma, which made me wonder how long they'd been sitting around, since they don't call it sea plasma anymore. With natural stuff, I like ordering from the source since it'll be fresher.

oh my god! they stopped calling it sea plasma over three years ago...

--avalange

p.s. looking forward to everyone's reviews! also, please let me know if you too have visible pore reduction from the mud!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
Waffle, I can't wait to hear what you think of all three cleansers. I love this idea of having more than one cleanser. It makes perfect sense. I don't know why on earth it didn't occur to me before! Rolling Eyes

i am dedicated to my other cleanser at night, but tend to exchange my morning cleansers depending on how my skin has been acting. all three of these look like they have their place and it makes perfect sense to have choices, no???
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
please keep me in the loop. it will take me that much longer to get everything in paris (i couldn't make my mind up either). in the meanwhile, i think avalange is going to let me try out the Sea Mud Cleanser sooner to try and calm my skin down -- i broke out badly from trying something with shea and then stupidly forgot to wash my pillow and it just got worse. normal breakoutouts i could've handled, but these are huge honking cysts.... sigh. she's also giving me the Corrective Oil that's to be put on the suckers directly several times a day. i'll let you know if any of this helps because nothing else is! luckily, the APC did calm down and moisturise the surrounding skin so.... i hate feeling like i'm fifteen again Rolling Eyes

la vie, when are we both going to be un-disabled enough to arrange a rendez-vous? i am free tomorrow, expect when i am doing my ....laundry!
(I know it is a bad word for you right now).

I emailed melissa at osea and asked whether or not the cleansing milk removes sunscreen. i'd like to know, too, since i am using bioderma these days. hopefully she will answer soon!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
by the way, mtview, since we seem to be in the same boat with our skin, I have to say I've been taking handfuls of evening primrose oil, flax seed oil, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C, with 80 oz of water a day and that seems to be really helping.

Hello,

I have been taking fish oil, HA, borage oil, vit e, and coq10. No change Mad In fact I had to use my rx eczema cream on my body tonight. I did stopped borage oil for a few weeks. I restarted it last night. I drink about 1.5 to 2 liter of water and 1-2 cups of coffee a day.

I read somewhere (don't remember where) that for people with family history of breast cancer, don't take EPO since it changes the hormone level. Don't know if that is true or not but I stopped EPO anyways.

Hope we get our goodies soon. The good news is that I didn't get any new bumps today. So it must be the antibiotics that has been causing my daily breakouts for the past 2 weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
marina wrote:
Waffle,

well, 8 glasses is 64 oz so it's just two extra glasses. And I don't drink any other liquid besides water and 1 cup of coffee -- I don't think I could do it otherwise....I'd feel all sloshy.

That sounds like a lot. If I drink that much water in a day, I will be going to the restroom every 30 minutes.........very unfortunate Rolling Eyes
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I drink about 75-100 oz of water each day. Believe me, your body slowly adjusts! Smile
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
I drink about 75-100 oz of water each day. Believe me, your body slowly adjusts! Smile

yeah, I used to drink NO water...as in, mainly coffee and beer (terrible). I had the worst time adjusting when I finally decided to start drinking it all the time. But...after about a year, I found that my body now freaks out if I don't get at least 64 oz. It kind of sucks actually, because I will get a headache if I don't constantly have it. I have to bring my water bottle everywhere just in case I won't have access to enough water!! But my facial skin does look a lot better, my hormones are less crazed, and I get less headaches on the whole as long as I am hydrated. Unfortunately it's done absolutely nothing for my body skin, that's as dry as ever.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Yikes I will have to check my stuff at home and see if it is called Sea Plasma or not, I ordered it from greenfeet!!
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
hi there! can anyone tell me how much their approximate international shipping is? (i'm in australia).

That's the thing I love about EDS..at least they offer some sort of free shipping Wink
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
OK my product is indeed called Sea Minerals, I think the web site just has old pictures!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
ah, good!

by the way, i received confirmation from Melissa (the customer service gal at Osea who sometimes is overwhelmed and takes a while to answer, btw) that the cleansing milk does indeed remove sunscreen. Not sure which thread that was asked on, and I knew it removed my mascara so should remove my sunscreen, but I just wanted to know just to be safe.
I parted ways with my mud, white algae mask, and my corrective oil for la vie en rose to try, so hopefully her reviews will appear soon!

--avalange

amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have decided today to only use Osea for the next week and see how I react. I have the ocean cleansing milk, the mud cleanser, the sea minerals, essential hydrating oil, eyes & lips, advanced protection cream (got this today), and the white algae mask. I'm only going to use these products for the next week, and I'll report back!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Ava - you are a true blue beauty friend to part ways with your products!!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Ava - you are a true blue beauty friend to part ways with your products!!

well, you should just see how generous la vie is--she brings me the most beautiful things--sisley lipsticks, jh lipsticks, seakelp--every time i see her, i'm just trying to even the score!!!! and that's temporary parting, by the way!

--avalange

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I got my eyes and lips today! I love the texture of this stuff. I am still loving all of the products I am using (cleanser, mist, APC, and now the eyes and lips). I have only tried the ocean cleanser. I live in FL and its humid here most all the time and this is a great cleanser. I am very happy with this line so far!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if their Cleansing Milk removes waterproff sunscreen? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
oops! waterproof I mean.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
oops! waterproof I mean.

avalange asked and they said that the milk will remove sunscreen, but for waterproof sunscreen I would use a cleansing oil first or cleanse twice anyways, just to be safe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
okay. i would just like to say a few apologies for things i thought in my head, but had the presence of mind not to actually say. 1) that avalange was full of merde for saying that the Cleansing Mud got rid of her pores after one cleansing (she of perfect glowing skin) and 2) to whoever thought there may be menthol in this -- i thought you hyper-sensitive and more than a little looney. 1) je suis désolé and 2) i am sorry. so here goes a mini-review of the Cleansing Mud....

this morning: i squirted out a few little pumps and stared at it, having no idea what to do. no directions on the trial-size version, so i just kind of winged it. wet my face and rubbed this all about. no foam, no grit, how was this going to do anything???

but wait, what was that i was feeling on my face. OH MY GOD! it felt exactly like when i slathered my body in BenGay after a master dance class with Twyla Tharp -- except this was on my face Shock merde, merde, merde. must get this off (what this? there was barely anything i could see) my face immediately before i'm mistaken for Mr. Tomato Head. warm water, obviously not on my face any more, even though i can still feel it. but wait! what's wrong? my face! not only is it *not* beet red, but it's honestly the *least* red i've ever seen it, especially after a wash.

i know this is too good to be true, but i'm in a hurry, and blithely apply my C. okay, now *that* smarts. and my face turns red. of course. light moisturiser, sunscreen, a little creme-to-powder foundation.... and what's this? i need blush? *i* need blush??? i never *need* blush. i *am* blush. i might use blush to even out the red, but i'm never lacking in it. and, ladies, *that* is a first.

did i look poreless as well? well, actually, i looked pretty damned poreless and i have some pores the size of an ocean. the negative side, though, was that my scars (yes, i have those too) stood out that much more because the rest of my face looked smooth.

would it last the day? again, i had my doubts. not only does *no* product work instantaneously, but there was just no way it would last and my naturally rosy cheeks not bleed through. after all, i don't use much foundation and usually just let them glow.... it's now late afternoon here and my complexion still looks almost flawless and i'm as pale as a ghost.

i am dumbstruck. will it keep up? i don't know, but here's hoping it will. i honestly felt prettier today than i have in the longest while and that's even with two cystic breakouts on my face.

mud wrestling, anyone???
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |