Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I tried the sample and loved it. I am getting the full sized on tuesday, so I'll be better able to test it. I love cleansing milks, non-soapy ones, especially in the winter, I hate to have that squeaky-clean feeling that most people like.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I got my sample kit. I love the cleanser, but the mineral mist makes my face burn a little bit. Anyone else have this happen? It doesn't sting for long. Was just curious if anyone else burns from this. I tried just a little bit of the oil, and it stinks (I mean literally, it smells bad to me)! So far I love the cleanser and the advanced protection cream.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
the mineral mist makes my face tingle a bit - does not hurt at all. The oil roller ball stuff i love, I think it smells amazing, I roll it over my palm then add some face lotion, mix it together and rub on my face. I love the cleanser too. I do not have the advanced protection cream, they were out of it, but I think I'm gonna not order it since I have sooo many other products I need to use first, and if I continue to like the Osea, then I'll order. Right now I'm using the ocean cleansing milk, the sea minerals, the hydrating essential oil, and the white algae mask, which I love. Also the eyes & lips cream.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying amylola. I am curious if anyone else has a stinging/burning sensation still. This does not tingle on my face, but stings/burns, but like I said only for a few minutes then it is gone. I will keep using the oil and see how it goes, I hope the smell grows on me!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
hi rileygirl,

the sea minerals has dead sea salt and vitamin c in it, and whenever i'm using retinol on a regular basis or have done a peel, it does indeed sting a bit, but not more than, say, a c serum in a similar situation. it's very active, it's not just a spritzer or a hydrosol, but an active treatment, with enzymes, amino acids, etc. this is why it is such a good instant skin brightener... don't get carried away, and don't use it if it irritates your skin, but if it just tingles or stings, i don't think that is a problem so much--it means your skin is responsive and that you are most likely doing the right thing in general. they say, when trying to maximize your regimen, to get capsicum cream (basically red pepper in a cream form) and put it on your facial skin in order to test the degree to which your skin is able to absorb product. If you feel the capsicum tingling, then you are in a good place for absorption of actives. I would say you are doing something right, unless the stinging is due to existing irritation or broken skin, in which case I'd advise you not to use it. Osea is extremely active and not everyone can use it. hth!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I give up...where does everybody order from?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the info avalange. My face is not irritated by anything else (meaning no recent peels or Retin A, etc.). It does not last for very long at all, so I definitely want to continue with this, especially hearing your info! Appreciate the help. Can you give me any info on the oil (I got the dry skin kit)? Thanks again for replying!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, I ordered directly from their website.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
hi rileygirl,

well then your skin just takes to actives really well, or just turned over then! how nice for you! Very Happy Very Happy I have started on retinoids to make this process continue at a faster rate now that i am aging, and it is nice to feel the osea products working on my skin.

as far as the hydrating oil goes (the scent of which i absolutely LOVE, b/c i'm kind of a hippie at heart--i sometimes even run this under my nose to calm me during flights), i use this mainly after i swim in a pool, combined with my moisturizer--it plumps my skin and really moisturizes it very well. and it is quite toning and refreshing. i would mix it with moisturizer on damp skin, and since you have the sea minerals, on dampened skin sprayed with sea minerals.
when my skin is feeling dry, sometimes i use this on the outer edges of my orbital bone to give that area moisture and a light sheen. i like that it is easily absorbed. it is very calming/balancing--the chamomile and calendula are great for that.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your help Avalange. I might try the under the nose trick with the oil as I will be flying in about 1 month!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:53 am      Reply with quote
http://www.beautynhealth.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=9

For anyone interested, they offer free shipping.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl, I never felt a sting/burn at all with the Sea Minerals. As for the oil, I guess it did not smell THAT great,but I never really noticed it because I would roll it directly onto my face immedately after spraying Sea Minerals (a few strokes like war paint Laughing ) and then massage it in. I did love the roller concept for applying a face oil though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks tigertim. Today when I used it was the first time it did not sting/burn. Maybe my face just needed to get used to it? Anyway, I am really liking all of the products of this line that I am using so far!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
the mineral mist makes my face tingle a bit - does not hurt at all. The oil roller ball stuff i love, I think it smells amazing, I roll it over my palm then add some face lotion, mix it together and rub on my face. I love the cleanser too. I do not have the advanced protection cream, they were out of it, but I think I'm gonna not order it since I have sooo many other products I need to use first, and if I continue to like the Osea, then I'll order. Right now I'm using the ocean cleansing milk, the sea minerals, the hydrating essential oil, and the white algae mask, which I love. Also the eyes & lips cream.

amylola,

I'm patiently awaiting your review of osea's eyes and lips!

And ... after having used a bit of seakelp bioferment, I remarked how similar it felt to the osea creams, and I did some research, and in fact, red algae gel, if it's not the very same thing, is extremely close. there are tons of people making their own SKB by just turning chondrus crispus (the ingredient in osea, bases of most of their cleansers and moisturizers) into a gel form. Not sure where the fermented aspect comes in, but then again I am not a chemist. Razz if people are kefiring their sea kelp, then I'd imagine they would have to use it immediately since cultured actives can go bad pretty quickly... so I'm not sure if the sites that sell SKB are selling good old red algae gel or if they have had some insight in preserving a fermented product... But it feels eerily similar on my skin, and makes me happy that my super-cream has had it as a main ingredient all along!

--avalange

amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Avalange, I was just debating on order the sea kelp bioferment, I was at the forum on the skin actives site reading about all that stuff, very cool, yet very intimidating and daunting thinking about all the different products I could possibly get hooked onto!!! I am already at a point that I am using wayyyy too many things as it is.
I have been using the Osea for a week, and really like it, I only regret that they did not have the atmosphere protection cream, so I do not have a moisturizer to go with the system, but I do love everything else. THe white mask is awesome. HOw many times per week do you use this - I could seriously see using it every other day. It makes my skin feel amazing.
The eyes & lips is great, I love it as a primer b4 lipstick. THe only problem I have with it, is if I try to apply it during the day ( I tend to be a bit obsessed over eyecreams and apply every few hours!) then it kind of balls up all the mmu under neath it, and as i tap it in i can see the makeup coming off. So I have been using it in the morning b4 makeup and at night.
The minerals do indeed feel very active and if I did a green apple peel or something the night before then I skip this step in the morning.

I am so pleased with my skin right now - I don't know where the credit is due, I have started so many new things - Clarisonic, Epidermx, Osea, Ystheal, maybe it is a combo. I think the best thing I have done is to lay off the harsh things, alcohol, AHA's, etc.
How are you doing with the shingles?
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Where can you buy Osea online?
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Greenfeet.com has excellent prices on Osea, but they only have a few items, they do have the travel kits though. You have to click on the item to see the discounted price, the main page has the full price, then it gets majorly discounted when you click on it.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="amylola"]Greenfeet.com has excellent prices on Osea, but they only have a few items, they do have the travel kits though. You have to click on the item to see the discounted price, the main page has the full price, then it gets majorly discounted when you click on it.[/quote]

Thanks! Will check it out. I'm particularly interested in the mask! :P
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Avalange, I was just debating on order the sea kelp bioferment, I was at the forum on the skin actives site reading about all that stuff, very cool, yet very intimidating and daunting thinking about all the different products I could possibly get hooked onto!!! I am already at a point that I am using wayyyy too many things as it is.
I have been using the Osea for a week, and really like it, I only regret that they did not have the atmosphere protection cream, so I do not have a moisturizer to go with the system, but I do love everything else. THe white mask is awesome. HOw many times per week do you use this - I could seriously see using it every other day. It makes my skin feel amazing.
The eyes & lips is great, I love it as a primer b4 lipstick. THe only problem I have with it, is if I try to apply it during the day ( I tend to be a bit obsessed over eyecreams and apply every few hours!) then it kind of balls up all the mmu under neath it, and as i tap it in i can see the makeup coming off. So I have been using it in the morning b4 makeup and at night.
The minerals do indeed feel very active and if I did a green apple peel or something the night before then I skip this step in the morning.

I am so pleased with my skin right now - I don't know where the credit is due, I have started so many new things - Clarisonic, Epidermx, Osea, Ystheal, maybe it is a combo. I think the best thing I have done is to lay off the harsh things, alcohol, AHA's, etc.
How are you doing with the shingles?

Hi, Amylola!
I am on the mend, thank you for asking! I have a lot more energy and virtually no more pain. Yay!

the mask, I use for special occasions, or whenever my skin needs a pick me up, or after a peel, to soothe and hydrate. Not so often, in fact, because it is $$$, and I'm in a foreign country on a limited budget Crying or Very sad Honestly, this summer I was using once every 3-4 days because I had just discovered it and was AMAZED at what it does for my skin. I forced all my friends getting ready for a wedding this fall to use it and they were so happy--we were all glowing and fresh-faced!
re: eyes and lips and mmu, I've never tried it, but it sounds like it is the algae gel that is causing it to do that... I'm not so sure. I only use powder on my t-zone to tone down sunscreen shinyness, but I can imagine that would indeed pose a problem! I think the e+l is very protective, though, so it is fine to wear beneath your makeup.
I'm so pleased that you are happy with your skin right now, so am I! I also just inherited a bottle of chrysalyx from la vie en rose and wow am I impressed--what a lovely texture and feel, and the scent is intoxicating. This is my new day cream, replacing the epicuren colostrum for the moment! I'm loving it. I have not tried the epidermix sample I have yet, since I'm pretty hesitant to use manual scrubs, but I will as soon as I have some visible dead skin. I have never been too rough on my skin, since I am very prone to broken caps, but I can imagine that your treating your skin nicer has made a world of a difference!

Are you really having results with ystheal? I've never taken to the Eluage gel concentrate, maybe I sould give Ystheal a try.

--avalange

amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
The amazing thing about the Ystheal is that 1-no breakouts/purging and 2-no redness/irritation/peeling/flaking. I have never had neither of these things happen with a retinoid product. It has not been that long, but I am very impressed. I bought a kit from Tubotica that had - Ystheal, Eluage gel concentrate, eluage cream and thermal water. Total was like 75$ or something, so it was a good deal. I will continue using the ystheal, until its gone, then switch to the eluage cream. I am using the eluage gel around my eyes and so far so good!
Re the chrysalyx - would love to try this. Sounds yummy, I love love love anything with yummy essential oil smells. I love the roller ball oil from Osea, it smells amazing.
I use the epidermx, maybe with my next order ill give this a try. It's expensive I think I remember? I have got to get through some of my products - I swear I could not buy any products for a year and still have enough to last!! Rolling Eyes
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:03 am      Reply with quote
i decided to post this here as well as the original thread because i'm still kind of shocked at how well this worked:
Quote:
rileygirl -- i just wanted you to know that the eyes and lip cream just saved me! i was at a Sephora with avalange and an SA from Sisley tried a product on my 11's (sad to say, but they're pretty bad). less than 5 minutes later avalange noticed i was turning a kind of fuscia beet red where she had applied it. needless to say. i wiped it off immediately and avalange gave me some eye and lip cream she had in her purse. it calmed down the red by the time we left the store (seriously faster than anything i've ever used when my skin gets reactive). i'm absolutely head over heals with this stuff now!!!

i was tempted before by tiger_tim's original thread, but never followed through. then avalange gave me a wee sample of the APC and it caused no breakouts yet gave me much needed hydration (i used it mixed with Weleda's Rose Oil capsules) and a bit of a glow. so that got me even more tempted, but i decided to wait until i was back in the states to order it.... after my experience last night, however, i'm not going to wait any longer! i consider the eye and lip cream as an absolute must to carry in my purse for emergencies (honestly, i've never met anybody with the ability to turn as red as i can if it disagrees with my skin) along with my Dr. Bach Rescue Remedy (when my claustrophobia rears its ugly head). i'm also going to get the APC and want to try out all the other stuff except the atmosphere cream (contains shea, another huge no-no on my skin). so anyone still on the fence about these products, i highly recommend trying them out.

p.s. tiger -- i think the APC (perhaps mixed with an oil) may be the ultimate flight cream i've been searching for!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
La Vie - I have been on the fence about ordering the APC mainly b/c of the price. It is so expensive!!
You may have swayed me though Wink
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
La Vie - I have been on the fence about ordering the APC mainly b/c of the price. It is so expensive!!
You may have swayed me though Wink

if i remember correctly from the other thread, the eye and lip cream is like a lighter version of APC. it's cheaper (though you don't get as much), so you might want to start with that???
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I have it, actually I have 2! I bought it from osea, then saw it at greenfeet.com for like 34 instead of 46 so I bought another one!! I love it!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I have it, actually I have 2! I bought it from osea, then saw it at greenfeet.com for like 34 instead of 46 so I bought another one!! I love it!

have you tried using it as a face cream?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |