Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Summer is coming up here in Thailand and I can already see that there's a bit more moisture back in my skin (yes!!! no more dry parched skin for me!!! Smile) Anyway, I'm thinking about getting the mud cleanser to use a few times a week. What do you guys think? My skin is very sensitive and reactive though. And since my skin is never oily, I'm wondering if it'll be too drying for me. I just miss a cleanser that lathers up a bit since I'm currently using a cleansing milk and Eve Lom Cleanser.

the mud doesn't lather either! I'd only get it if you feel like you need a deep pore cleanser, as in if your pores are large or congested.

in other news -- I think the APC may be breaking me out after all. There's been so many extra factors that could have broken me out though that I'm going to go back to my old routine, let my skin calm down, and then try again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Summer is coming up here in Thailand and I can already see that there's a bit more moisture back in my skin (yes!!! no more dry parched skin for me!!! Smile) Anyway, I'm thinking about getting the mud cleanser to use a few times a week. What do you guys think? My skin is very sensitive and reactive though. And since my skin is never oily, I'm wondering if it'll be too drying for me. I just miss a cleanser that lathers up a bit since I'm currently using a cleansing milk and Eve Lom Cleanser.

the mud doesn't lather either! I'd only get it if you feel like you need a deep pore cleanser, as in if your pores are large or congested.

in other news -- I think the APC may be breaking me out after all. There's been so many extra factors that could have broken me out though that I'm going to go back to my old routine, let my skin calm down, and then try again.

Oh Sad For some reason, I thought it did. I do have rather large pores and sometimes get congested pores. I'm just wondering if it's one of those products I should have on hand just in case. Should I opt for Ocean Cleanser instead? I just want something that feels more refreshing than the Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk I'm using.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I like both, so I'm biased! But if you just want it for once it a while, the mud certainly is....refreshing. And by refreshing I mean terrifying and burning. But great results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
I like both, so I'm biased! But if you just want it for once it a while, the mud certainly is....refreshing. And by refreshing I mean terrifying and burning. But great results!

What is Ocean Cleanser like compared to Mud Cleanser? I wouldn't mind replacing Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk during summer. I'm only looking for something to use in the morning though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:

You know I was expected it to tingle but the mud didn't even tingle on my skin! I felt a slight minty feeling AFTER I finished rinsing, mostly on my lip area. I also massaged it for a good minute, I guess some people's skin just can't tolerate peppermint that much.

Lynn: I'd get both samples - the mud is NOT at all drying and MOST cleansers can dry me out easily or give me a tight feeling. I have yet to try the ocean cleanser though - I do have a feeling it would be more refreshing than the Yonka based on the previous reviews.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
waffle wrote:

You know I was expected it to tingle but the mud didn't even tingle on my skin! I felt a slight minty feeling AFTER I finished rinsing, mostly on my lip area. I also massaged it for a good minute, I guess some people's skin just can't tolerate peppermint that much.

Lynn: I'd get both samples - the mud is NOT at all drying and MOST cleansers can dry me out easily or give me a tight feeling. I have yet to try the ocean cleanser though - I do have a feeling it would be more refreshing than the Yonka based on the previous reviews.

I have dry skin so I'm undecided on which one to get. I've been eyeing ocean cleanser from the very beginning, but now having heard so much raves about mud cleanser I just want them both! Maybe I'll get travel size of both.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Lynn: I just used Ocean cleanser tonight and I REALLY LIKE it, a bit more so than the mudd. I think it's due to the fact that I had high expectations for the mudd and it didn't perform as well as said in the raves. If you're mainly looking for something more refreshing I really would recommend the Ocean over the mudd because even though they both have similar textures and made my skin feel more or less just as clean and soft, the citrusy smell and the slightly more slippery texture makes me more refreshing and perfect for summer. Since you have sensitive skin the peppermint in the mud might not fair that well with your skin but I'd still get a travel size of that to use as a deep cleanse treatment or sometimes even as your double-cleansing step after makeup removal.

How much do you guys put on with the Red Algae? I was a bit conservative when I tried tonight and only put on a thin layer. No dryness at all and my skin was a lot brighter afterwards and pores smaller. I quite like it and is on my repurchase to replace my Valmont Purifying Pack. And I like the fact that you can use this as a spot treatment (trying tonight) which will NOT flake off. Most clay masks including the PSF acne mudd will flake off during the night if you toss and turn in your sleep like I do, so this is really a plus for me.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
majorb wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
majorb -- **** the cleanser! i say day trip! Bad Grin

Funnily enough, I shall be going off to Ireland - for a whole week! Sadly, not likely to see any men in green Rep of Ireland shirts, as I'll be in the North.

Still, loadsa tall men with dark hair and sparkly blue eyes, with any luck. Wonder if any of them are into skincare? Bad Grin

You're kidding right? My husband is Irish thru and thru. Trust me, skin care is not on his list.

I know! But I'm kind of really liking waffle's suggestion. Laughing

(BTW My Dad is half Irish and a typical, bluff and down-to-earth Northeastern Englishman. Would you believe he actually started using moisturiser? We nearly fainted when we found out. He's soooooo embarrassed about it, bless 'im. Smile )
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Lynn: I just used Ocean cleanser tonight and I REALLY LIKE it, a bit more so than the mudd. I think it's due to the fact that I had high expectations for the mudd and it didn't perform as well as said in the raves. If you're mainly looking for something more refreshing I really would recommend the Ocean over the mudd because even though they both have similar textures and made my skin feel more or less just as clean and soft, the citrusy smell and the slightly more slippery texture makes me more refreshing and perfect for summer. Since you have sensitive skin the peppermint in the mud might not fair that well with your skin but I'd still get a travel size of that to use as a deep cleanse treatment or sometimes even as your double-cleansing step after makeup removal.

How much do you guys put on with the Red Algae? I was a bit conservative when I tried tonight and only put on a thin layer. No dryness at all and my skin was a lot brighter afterwards and pores smaller. I quite like it and is on my repurchase to replace my Valmont Purifying Pack. And I like the fact that you can use this as a spot treatment (trying tonight) which will NOT flake off. Most clay masks including the PSF acne mudd will flake off during the night if you toss and turn in your sleep like I do, so this is really a plus for me.

sormuimui - Thanks for the update! I think I'll get both Ocean in full size and mud in travel size. I can always pass it to my boyfriend who's got oil slick skin if the mud irritates my skin. The idea of citrus smell sounds really nice. I'm simply looking for something that either feels or smells refreshing. I'm currently alternating between Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk and OP rose cleansing gel in the morning, but the rose smell just isn't very refreshing for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I used my mudd again this morning and I paid more attention to the "refresh" factor - it smells minty due to the peppermint and if your skin can handle it it'd be great for mornings. It leaves my skin minty - not to the point of tingly but I hope that makes sense. The mudd is more drying than the ocean cleanser even though it's pretty non-drying for a mudd.

btw, lynn did you get to try the APC? Was wondering what you think of it? On application I don't find it THAT hydrating but it might be giving me lots of moisture, I just don't 'feel' it, so wondering if it's moisturizing enough for really dry skin like yours.
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Are you ladies getting travel sizes of the products from the Osea website? I saw that they sell travel packs, but don't see any individual travel size products. I wonder if this is something they will fill by request.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
They only sell individual travel sizes of their cleansers and sea minerals, no separate travel sizes of any of their moisturizers. The cleansers are just below the travel sets on the site.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:25 am      Reply with quote
I have just received the full size of the Ocean Cleanser and Sea Minerals. I LOVE the Ocean Cleanser its really refreshing - to me it smells like lemon sherbet - its kind of citrus with a sparkle!LOL!
I have used (and really liked) the OP Rose Cleansing gel too but this is definitely more uplifting - I'm refilling my travel sizes to take on holiday ith me as I imagine it'll be lovely in hot weather.

The APC is another I got a full size of - its weird as it doesn't 'feel' as rich as some creams I've used (I have combo skin which is prone to dehydration with sensitivity/redness and dryness on my cheeks). But it does seem to hydrate despite that, but doesn't break me out on my oilier areas or make me shiny.(Even when I've used the oil under it).

I'm really pleased with this range so far. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:

The APC is another I got a full size of - its weird as it doesn't 'feel' as rich as some creams I've used (I have combo skin which is prone to dehydration with sensitivity/redness and dryness on my cheeks). But it does seem to hydrate despite that, but doesn't break me out on my oilier areas or make me shiny.(Even when I've used the oil under it).

I'm really pleased with this range so far. Very Happy

I know, isn't the APC just in a class on its own? It seems to do so much good for my skin, and yet it is the most cosmetically elegant of all moisturizers I've used. I too was unsure about whether it hydrates enough or not--but seriously, do a 1/2 1/2 face with it and another moisturizer that is supposed to be more 'rich'--my skin definitely looks better after about 8 hours if I wear the APC. And when you wash it off, you can feel a gelatinous texture on your skin, which is another reason why I think it is so great--I really like the protection from the chemicals of sunscreen on my bare skin. And, of course, protection from the horrid urban elements!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sad, I'm pretty sure it was the APC that wasn't agreeing with my skin. Two days of my old moisturizer and my skin completely cleared up (I am still using and loving the cleansers, but I gave those a separate trial period). Too bad, it has the greatest texture and really really wanted it to work. Oh well. At least I have 2 fantastic new cleansers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Waffle - that's a shame about the APC - but at least you like the cleansers! Very Happy

Could use what you have left of the APC as an eye cream? (That area is usually less likely to break out?).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the ATPC for about six days now with no breakouts, so I think I am in the clear! This is a really interesting moisturizer. I've never felt anything like it. I have been using it AM and PM, and it makes my skin incredibly soft. Though strangely enough, it also makes my skin feel kind of tight for the first couple of hours after I've put it on. I was thinking that maybe I could cut it with a bit of jojoba oil and see how that feels, but otherwise I love this stuff.

I have also used the Ocean Cleanser for the past two nights and I absolutely love it! It is so refreshing and doesn't dry me out at all. If anything it is somewhat softening. Lovely. The scent is really nice. The first night I used it, after I rinsed it off of my face, I was compelled to just rub/massage my skin and noticed a bunch of dry, dead skin balling up. I then rinsed all of this off and was left with very lovely, fresh skin. I haven't had to use EII for the past two nights.

I have had problems for years with very flaky skin, but this line seems to be helping it. There is still some flaking this morning, but not as much as usual. I cannot tell you how shocked and delighted I am! I also think my skin is much more dry than I have given it credit for. I have yet to give the mud cleanser and the APC a fair trial, but will post about those.

Sormuimui, thanks for pointing me to the travel size cleaners. That's exactly what I was looking for! I have no idea why I didn't see those before. Smile
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Waffle - that's a shame about the APC - but at least you like the cleansers! Very Happy

Could use what you have left of the APC as an eye cream? (That area is usually less likely to break out?).

well, I think I could get away with using it every once in a while when my skin needs extra boost. It took a week and a half to really start breaking me out (I noticed a little congestion at first, but was hoping it was unrelated) so a night or two once in a while will be ok. It's ok, I'm kind of relieved to not to have fallen in love with a $90 moisturizer! Still, I was really hoping it would work because I want a more active moisturizer -- I'm not into serums and all that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Okay, just finished my morning routine and applied the ATPC again. If I touch my skin it feels very soft and smooth, but it feels very taut and dry. When I look in the mirror it even appears to be a bit dehydrated. I just used the APC on my forehead and am noticing the same thing there.

So, perhaps I need to add something under these moisturizers. I didn't use a cleanser this AM (just warm water), but I did use my Zenbiotic Oxytoner and then the ATPC/APC. I might also try the cleansing milk tonight.

Waffle, sorry to hear the APC broke you out after a week and a half. I certainly hope the ATPC doesn't wait that long to let me know if it's going to break me out! Does Osea have a return policy? Can you send it back?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
Okay, just finished my morning routine and applied the ATPC again. If I touch my skin it feels very soft and smooth, but it feels very taut and dry. When I look in the mirror it even appears to be a bit dehydrated. I just used the APC on my forehead and am noticing the same thing there.

So, perhaps I need to add something under these moisturizers. I didn't use a cleanser this AM (just warm water), but I did use my Zenbiotic Oxytoner and then the ATPC/APC. I might also try the cleansing milk tonight.

Waffle, sorry to hear the APC broke you out after a week and a half. I certainly hope the ATPC doesn't wait that long to let me know if it's going to break me out! Does Osea have a return policy? Can you send it back?

It was just the trial size I got in the sensitive skin kit, so it's no biggie. Fyi to those that are wondering, I'd say the trial size kits are good for 3-4 weeks -- at least the way I was using them. I used the APC morning and night for a week and a half and used about 30% of it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Shawna -- if jojoba works well for you, you might want to try using that *under* the ATPC. both creams work as a kind of sealant/protectant and if you need more moisture, i'd really recommend putting the oil on, letting it sink in for a minute or two and then applying the cream. i do this if my face is screaming from whatever i put on it the night before, but imagine i'll be doing this less and less as the weather warms up (i can get oily). and you might want to try the mudd tomorrow morning as it really isn't that drying.

waffle -- that's a bummer! at least you know now, though. (any idea which ingredient it is?) the cleansers are gorgeous, though, so i'm happy you found those. (and you're one of the people who pried me away from the mudd long enough to finally try the ocean cleanser -- so thank you!)
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
La Vie, I had been thinking about mixing the ATPC with the jojoba not only to add more moisture, but also to make it a bit more spreadable. I see what you mean by layering it instead, though, so I might just try that. Do you ever cut the moisturizers with anything to make them glide on more easily?

For everyone, do you all cleanse in the AM too? Honestly this is not something I have practiced in a long, long time and I'm not quite sure I understand the necessity. Perhaps I am simply being naive. I think if I was using the APC at night, I would cleanse in the AM since it is so heavy, but otherwise do you notice much of a difference by doing this?

Thanks!
Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Shawna, I wasn't cleansing in the AM until I got my mud cleanser...now, I just can't help myself. Smile It really does tighten the pores and I like the added help during the day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna -- i use the APC, which is thicker than the ATPC (which i *cant* use) and sometimes dilute it with oil just because i'm in the mood (i've really been enjoying Osea's oil for this recently). it's actually if i'm just piddling around the house and not putting on sunscreen, etc. if i *am* going outside, i usually like to use it full strength for the protection and will use my serums and oils underneath. i usually put a small amount on my fingers and warm it up, then pat it on or spread it about lightly. do what feels good to you, to your skin, and i'm sure it will be perfect!

as for washing in the a.m., i do. no matter what i have on it the night before. but i do have somewhat oily skin and have been acne prone my whole life, and have never woken up with what i consider clean skin. (i've also always lived in polluted cities and like to sleep with my windows open so some of that crap is bound to get into my gaping pores at night.) some people say water is enough, but i've never been comfortable with that. i need just a little something and, like scally said, the mudd just becomes a must have for me, totally addictive. with your dry skin, however, even just a drop of the ocean cleanser or occassioally the mudd would be enough. or maybe the milk if you're just feeling dry as a bone. i don't do a thorough wash by any means, just a little something to wake me up and clean the "sleep" from my skin, with lots of rinses. as i said, some people think water is enough, but it has never been for me.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I cleanse in the morning too (with the Ocean cleanser), I always have something on my skin over night (serum or creams or something) and also my T Zone can be a a bit oily first thing (although not so much now since I have used PH balanced/slightly acidic cleansers and since using APC even less shiny!)
I was quite oily and spot prone in my teens and 20's so never felt clean if I didn't cleanse in the A.M. I guess that's stayed with me.(Also it wakes me up !)

Oh by the way - someone asked what the Ph of the Ocean Cleanser is? I emailed Osea and asked and I was told 4.6 so slightly acidic but healthy skins acid mantle ranges from 4-5.5 so 4.6 is absolutely fine. Very Happy

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |