Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

worried
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wandaslife

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if you guys can help me but I am worrying myself sick and lack of insurance is keeping me from going to the Doctor.

I had a pimple looking thing on my chin, it was wite (no redness) and filled with puss. I tried popping it and got a little puss and blood out, I did this for several days. Now I have a lump (or knot) under my chin. It's slightly larger than a cherrie and only hurts when I keep touching it. I talked to one of my co-workers sister who works for a dermatolgist and she said that I must have pushed some of the puss downward into my skin. My husband doesn't think that is possible. Anyone ever heard of this happening?
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Ah, the dangers of sqeezing! Try putting a warm compress on it of epsom salts. That will draw anything to the surface where you can dry it out with a benzoil peroxide cream or Calamine lotion. Do the warm compress for about 5 minutes twice a day for 3 or 4 days. If it doesn't draw anything out, then it may be an ingrown hair follicle or something.
In that case I'd goto the doctor even if I had to pay.
Another product that you might want to try is Murad's Acne Spot Treatment. It works very deep to kill bacteria and dry out the pustule. If I get one of those deep pimples on my shoulder, that's what I use and it goes away in about 3 days.
http://www.murad.com/html/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?section=10219&item=12226
Good luck! Smile
wandaslife

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, I don't mean to sound stupid, but do I put the epson salt in a wash cloth or directly on my skin?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Soak a wash cloth in an epsom salt solution. Also, if you do need to go to the doctor, since money is a concern, your family doctor should be able to help you and cost much less than the derm.

Liz
Mabsy

Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
When I had my belly button pierced (I promise you this IS going somewhere in the direction of your problem Smile I used to do warm salt compresses. Pretty much what has been described but with sea salt or organic salt. It was effective but not enough. My doctor then told me to put some salt in a little cup, add really warm water (as warm as you can stand) and then invert it over my belly button and hold it there for 10-15 minutes. Worked like a charm! So if you can find a shot glass or something small enough to invert over your chin and keep it from leaking then I recommend you try this. Salt is awesome at drawing puss out. If it doesn't seem to be improving in a couple of days then please see a Dr though. It may cost you money but will always end up cheaper than treating any complications.

Mabsy
katie mae

Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:56 am      Reply with quote
How y'all durrin? Wanda honey, don't you be all worrin about that there bump. You just go on ahead and see the docta. It might be nothin at all to be worrin about. The same kind of thing done happened to me.
I was in my docta office and they had there one of them pamphlets on the self breast exam. So i went home and they said to take a nice hot shower and then feel on those breats and feel for anything that wasn't right.
So I climbed my big ol' butt up in that there shower and ummm... put a pink thing on my head - cause you know, my hairdo had just been fixed. And then I started soaping up my breats. And I don't know if was my imagination or what but I felt all kind of lumps up in there. It felt like I was smugglin' M&M's!
So I went to my doctor office and he had me throw my arms all different ways and mashed up my breasts, and he said Ms. Jenkins, you better cut back on your caffeine girl! He said you done got fibrinoids up in there! I said Oh Lord! I just feel so ignunt! But he said you gon be alright!
So honey, you go on and see your doctor, because it might just be ignunce. That's what I was diagnosed with - clinical ignunce!
Well, good luck honey! Bye y'all!
wandaslife

Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys for all the advice, I will let youknow how it works out!
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 19, 2024 9:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |