Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)
Two thumbs way, way down for Sephora's Eye Makeup Remover!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Sephora's Eye Make Up Remover for most of my adult life. I'm sure you guys have seen it before--- it's blue, and comes in a pretty bottle. It smells really lovely too, and it's dirt cheap.

You can imagine what a rude surprise it was for me when I went into my local Sephora the other day to get a small travel bottle of their eye makeup remover for an upcoming trip, only to find that they had changed the formula and the packaging! The lovely smell was gone and the bottle wasn't nearly as pretty, however, it was still the same blue color so I figured that it was still pretty much the same, and I bought a small bottle and threw it into my bag for my trip.

Fast-forward to the first night of my trip. I was in the hotel bathroom, getting ready to remove my eye make up. I moistened a cotton pad with the blue eye makeup remover, held it to my eye area for a few seconds, and then swept all of my eye makeup away... or so I thought!!! However, when I looked in the mirror I saw that my eye makeup had not budged an inch. Not one inch!!!! It was all intact, and it wasn't even waterproof!!! "Maybe I just didn't use enough," I thought to myself, so I moistened another cotton pad, this time soaking it, and tried again. Again, nothing. Ok, maybe my eye make up smeared slightly, but actually that just made it worse. I scrubbed vigorously at the part that smeared, but it didn't budge. What was I supposed to do at this point? I was in a strange city and was in my pyjamas--- I was in NO mood to go out and find some eye makeup remover, but then again I wasn't about to hit the sheets with my makeup intact. Thankfully, while I was frantically pawing through my cosmetic bag I found that I had remembered to bring my Zenbiotic Moisture Enrich oil. I put a couple drops of it on a cotton pad, and in a single swipe it removed ALL of my eye makeup. Not only that, but afterwards my eye area looked plumped and refreshed--- thank you, Zenbiotic!

Luckily for Sephora I discovered Bliss's Lid and Lash Wash a few months back and I like it a lot, so I guess now I will be using it all the time instead of alternating with Sephora's remover. However, I still can't help but be totally hacked off at Sephora--- they had such a great formula, why on earth did they ruin it???? Sephora, if you're listening, I want my beloved blue eye makeup remover back!!!!! Mad

5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I love Sephora, but have been very dissapointed in Sephora brand products. They just don't perform as well as brand name products.
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
You should return that to Sephora. I've bought that in the past, but found that it stung my eyes, so of course I haven't nor will I buy this so called new formula. IIRC, don't you have to shake it before use? Maybe you got a bad batch and the "remover" part was left out? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review.

Lancome eye makeup remover is the best I have used.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Awww that's too bad. I was thinking of buying this makeup remover. Thanks for letting me know it sux before I wasted the $$.

I agree Lancome is good eye makeup remove;as is Almay and Ponds. Talika is my all time worst!
System
Automatic Message
Fri May 03, 2024 1:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |