Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you use your Jojoba oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sweetreat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a bottle of jojoba oil at Saje because I read that it helps clearing acne prone skin w/o overdrying or clogging the pores, but the sales lady there kept on recommending apricot oil, and said that jojoba is only good for hair because its thickness will clog the pores. I'm slightly confused but still got jojoba anyways.

I'm wondering though, how are you ladies using your jojoba oil? I read about the aspirin mask recipe w/ a few drops of jojoba oil... Any other recipes you can recommend?

Thanks in advance! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've used mine as a cleansing oil, then follow up with a milky cleanser. I've also used straight jojoba oil as a moisturiser applied onto damp skin. Mind you, I'm very dry so don't find it too oily. I know some have complained of clogged pores after using it.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I also use it to take off eye make up and follow up with another cleanser, usually rosehip seed. I use it as a moisturizer. It only takes a very few drops. I follow up with a little hylauronic acid serum to help it sink in.
sweetreat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I was reading the posts on acne.org and some people mentioned that it clogs their pores too... I'm gonna give it a try tonight as a moisturizer, hopefully my skin will like it :P

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
i have only read that jojoba is an excellent oil for oily skin as well as acneic skin since it is considered one of the lighter oils (even though it is really a wax).

I have also read that it regulates sebum/oil production so i would think it would be great for skin that is oily or combo.

I tried it tonight in the OCM and washed it off with a mild cleanser. my skin feels so soft now. I also pour a capful or 2 into my shampoo and i feel like it is doing its job regulating the oil production in my scalp.

apricot kernel and grapeseed oil are also light oils great for oily skin.

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I actually use it as a moisturizer on top of my copper peptides.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I mix it in my hand with aloe gel as a hair smootheriser.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I use my jojoba oil mixed with almond oil (in the summer) and avocado oil (in the winter) and added essential oils of my choice. It is a great body oil.

I am going to add jojoba oil to SKBio to make a facial serum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Jojoba is one of my HG's, and I have the most acne-prone skin you can get! I think it is truly amazing and I wish I would have discovered it years ago.

I use it in OCM and most recently I added it to this: Carekate's version of Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence Oil: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=5 b/c I didn't have enough kukui nut oil. I'm loving the results of this oil mixture overall.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I use jojoba oil as the main carrier oil in my moisturizing serum. I don't find it clogs my pores, if anything, it helps to melt waxy sebum already there. I'm oily and acne-prone; I can tell the very next day if I skip my jojoba serum. I will never be without it again. It keeps things flowing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I am 27 and have very oily, acne prone skin and large pores.

Every other day after washing my face, I mix a drop or two of jojoba with 3 drops of aloe joe. I have noticed a huge improvement in the healing time of my blemishes.

Also, it immediately reduces blemish redness and irritation.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I have very oily skin with large pores and tendency for clogged pores around my nose. I also have naturally curly hair, so it's very dry. With that said, I simply can't LIVE without my jojoba oil! Very Happy I've been using it as body and hair oil for years. I usually mix it up with avocado and apricot oil and essential oils [like rosemary or lavendar] - it serves to help define my curls and moisturize the rest. I just started mixing it with castor oil to cleanse my face nearly 2 weeks ago with great results. Jojoba oil is the one thing I really can't do without!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Golden Jojoba oil(yellow)- for dry skin
Clear jojoba oil (water)-for oily skin
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Bunny7475 wrote:
Jojoba is one of my HG's, and I have the most acne-prone skin you can get! I think it is truly amazing and I wish I would have discovered it years ago.

I use it in OCM and most recently I added it to this: Carekate's version of Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence Oil: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=5 b/c I didn't have enough kukui nut oil. I'm loving the results of this oil mixture overall.

Bunny,

How does the smell of the DIY oil compare to that of Decleor's? I think I care about the smell more than the results! =)
ailurophile
5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:19 am      Reply with quote
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE... the jojoba.

I use clear for my skin (being oily) and golden for the hair. I can't live without it, frankly. If there was one oil that I could not live without, it is jojoba hands down, followed by camellia.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Jojoba is a great oil for facial skin care. You can use it directly on your skin and on its own, or blend it with other great carrier oils like Rosehip, Apricot, Evening Primrose, Pomegranate, etc and even add a few drops of your favourite essential oils. It is recommended for people who are prone to oily, combo or acneic skin as it helps balance your natural sebum; but remember a little goes a long way. You can also use it as one of the fats when making DIY creams and lotions. Makes a great cleanser if you like oil cleansers too. And it does work nicely when making a hair conditioning mask (I mix mine with other oils like Avocado, Hazelnut, Almond, Coconut and Neem.) It's always best to go with an unrefined and organic Jojoba oil as there are many different types on the market today. NOT all oils are created equally so buyer beware. Buy from a reputable aromatherapy supplier and get as much info as possble about the company and where they get their oils.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I get my organic jojoba oil from trader joes. I use it as a makeup remove. I also add it to shampoo and conditioner for extra moisture. Also, I use jojoba as part of a mix of oils for hair treatment. I got all these ideas from others in the forum Very Happy
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
Golden Jojoba oil(yellow)- for dry skin
Clear jojoba oil (water)-for oily skin

hi lotus, where did you get that information? i thought jojoba was recommended for oily/combo skin. I haven't heard it recommended for drier skin types.

nubajelly--you should order jojoba online if you use it a lot. the trader joe's is the desert essence brand and is quite expensive for such a small bottle.

Kristen

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="skincareaddicted"]
lotus003 wrote:

nubajelly--you should order jojoba online if you use it a lot. the trader joe's is the desert essence brand and is quite expensive for such a small bottle.

Yeah, you're right. It was actually my first time buying jojoba oil and I didn't want to wait a week Wink But I will definitely buy online next time, thanks! Very Happy
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I use jojoba oil to remove makeup and moisture my skin.
It can use for hair too.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I use a Jojoba oil conditioner, and it works great to prevent split ends and makes the hair stronger.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I use it to moisturize--apply straight on damp skin after a shower.

Also as a nighttime hair treatment. Smooth over hair before bed (use a towel to protect pillowcase). Wash hair in morning.

yomama606 wrote:
I use a Jojoba oil conditioner, and it works great to prevent split ends and makes the hair stronger.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I use it on my hair before I shampoo and I put it in my OCM mix (I use many oils for this pretty much on whim how much I use of each including olive, macadamia nut, avocado oil and some Castor oil). I find it works well for winter dryness.
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
omg my shampoo and conditioner both contain jojoba oil... pretty sure this is the element that has been making my hair so frikkin shiny recently!
fifa

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I like to use it as hand oil moisturizer which is good for skin & nails.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |